[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/po/ - Papercraft & Origami

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • There are 2 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Happy 18th Birthday, 4chan!

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

[Advertise on 4chan]

How do I decipher this?
>>
the finished product
>>
It's a very simple box pleat, but as you can tell from the model image, there is TONNES of shaping that you have to do. It's not a very good model to fold from CP.

That being said I will fold the base for you, take a picture so you can see how it collapses since you aren't familiar with origami, and then I will give some tips on shaping after if I see any obvious places to start. I will post later.
>>
File: 1.png (357 KB, 675x591)
357 KB
357 KB PNG
>>599026
Rough idea of the creases (note that I have more creases than you need because I didn't care about whether I creased where the CP indicated or not).
>>
File: 2.png (869 KB, 717x1123)
869 KB
869 KB PNG
>>599027
Partial collapsing of the left side of the CP.
>>
File: 3.png (622 KB, 541x1129)
622 KB
622 KB PNG
>>599028
Partial collapsing of both sides of the CP, viewed from the right side.
>>
File: 4.png (244 KB, 260x1063)
244 KB
244 KB PNG
>>599029
Flattened.
>>
File: 5.png (277 KB, 672x598)
277 KB
277 KB PNG
>>599030
Easy idea is to rabbit ear the front-legs. Can do the same with the back leg.
>>
File: etc.png (311 KB, 557x658)
311 KB
311 KB PNG
>>599031
You can put a crimp halfway through the body to create the segment for the top of the head, put out the wing arm things and shape. Then you can put a 3D crimp in the lower part of the body, tuck the flap behind (shown), and then for the eye do something like Joseph Wu's owls (use a pen lid or something to press in the corner from the 3D crimp).

Then after all this shaping you wrap it around and hope it holds. The problem with this model is that it relies heavily on wetfolding or wiring to hold it (and thus in my opinion is kind of a crappy model, sorry to the author).
>>
>>599032
thank you so much. I would never be able to figure this out on my own

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.