[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/po/ - Papercraft & Origami

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • There are 18 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: death.jpg (12 KB, 280x280)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
Is papercraft as a hobby dying?
>>
all hands-on hobbies are dying because of vidya and cheap chinese electronics
>>
>>591283
It's so depressing. I'm not against gaming but people need to find hobbies other than just sitting in front of a monitor 24/7.
>>
>>591358
Kerbal and minecraft is fine, and everything else in moderation, but I'm glad I've completely quit vidya myself, however I'm still fighting my addictive personality in other ways.
>>
>>591172
My children just got into it. Hopefully a new generation will pick up the speed. Also, thats a cool reaper. Happen to have a pdf?
>>
>>591436
All the links for it are dead, unfortunately.
http://www.papercraftsquare.com/halloween-paper-model-lil-death-free-paper-toy-download.html
I found this zombie head though. Maybe this will suffice for a while.
http://www.papercraftsquare.com/halloween-paper-model-severed-zombie-head-free-download.html
>>
You're welcome.
>>
>>591812
thank you so much anon! Where were you able to find this?
>>
>>591358
Why? What is the special virtue of handling paper compared to staring at screens? People used to spend all day flipping paper around, you know, and that was actually the same activity of reading most of the time.
>>
>>591172
It will never die as long as paper exists. It has been around for centuries. Anyone, anywhere, anytime, is able to grab a piece of paper (or something resembling paper) and fold it to his/her liking. It's super accessible unlike other hobbies. The thing is that it's always been niche, and only a small percentage of people pick up on it and decide to make it a lifelong passion.
>>
I just looked at the old site, and the pdf was still there under the image search.
>>
>>591283
Except Warhammer.
Games Workshop's stock price has increased 1000% over the last ten years.
>>
File: IMG_3014.jpg (1.3 MB, 3264x2448)
1.3 MB
1.3 MB JPG
>>591172
>591283 #
A paper craft haven't been dying. It is what I am crafting today.
People needs to use their hands.
>>
>>591818
Nothing, other anon is being a melodramatic teenager or an elderly youth hater.

In reality there are health issues such as sight problems, addiction and sleep disruption to name three. But also in reality the gym has as many if not more well documented problems and life threatening health hazards, including addiction.
Paper on the other hand is nice and safe... if you don't have trouble clotting or grow lemons.
>>
>>592256
Sale figures of the figurines are steadily dropping, GW lives off of whoring out their IPs
>>
File: U4Iu8N8yh58.jpg (1.31 MB, 1920x1920)
1.31 MB
1.31 MB JPG
>>592295
Ruskie gang represent m'duud
>>
>>592295
what did you use as a base for that?
>>
>>591172
no idea, just learned about it today, but you inspired me to try my first one with this design as it looks fairly simple, so if its of any concern your helping create new patrons
>>
Well, things are only going to get worse every year until something is done about the endless stream of mindless apps and platforms that want nothing but your time. Today's 20 year olds and especially the next generation will have a tough time concentrating on anything, I'm sure of it. But hey, it was neat being able to look at a 5 year old thread.
>>
File: contmplat.png (583 KB, 652x611)
583 KB
583 KB PNG
>>591172
I don't think its because people have lost interest in hobbies like these, as much as it is that people are lonely. Online vidya games and electronics allow you that social interaction with other people that hand-held hobbies don't offer unfortunately. If you took this medium and gave it the social advantage that vidya/internet has, and then removed it from vidya, you'd probably have more people doing hobbies like these instead of playing vidya.
>>
Bump
>>
File: PaperHornet.jpg (2.77 MB, 3264x2448)
2.77 MB
2.77 MB JPG
It is kinda depressing how unimpressive my level of craft skills are when you can see the stuff a 3d printer can pop out
>>
>>596693
handmade stuff has SOVL
3D printed stuff is soulless
>>
>>596693
awww looks so cute!! i prefer handmade,it always shows the dedication,love and patience

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.