[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/po/ - Papercraft & Origami

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • There are 4 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

New board added: /xs/ - Extreme Sports

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Anyone got any experience using the cricut to cut out pieces for paper crafting? if so any videos or anything that can help with aligning things and set up?

Wondering if its worth the hassle to try to do it with a cricut, or if it is better to just cut everything by hand with an xacto.

Thanks in advance

pic: Kind of things im trying to cut out, and align
>>
Sauce on the model?
>>
>>588364
I don't have a Cricut OP but I would think you might import the print file/pdf into the software and go from there, maybe try following a video like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5TPdjUa9R0 that's for card making but she does letters so that might be useful or this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtPXc5w0MUc which is for stickers but she shows you how to change the border of the cut.
>>
>>588364
I don't do origami, but I've used cricuts before for stencils. Aligning a printed piece of paper seems like it would be pretty difficult as you need to align the paper manually on an adhesive mat. The mat itself will pose an issue for thinner paper, and small pieces, it takes some skill removing stuff like that from the mat. The mats also will collect dust and debris over time, which can cause issues. Maybe if you're doing a lot you will be faster in the long run, but my guess is short term its about the same amount of time as doing it manually. If it's just straight lines I'd say go by hand.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.