[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/po/ - Papercraft & Origami

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF
  • There are 2 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: oe5wjx1oy7061.jpg (66 KB, 544x958)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
Hey guys. Wanted to ask about papercraft commissions. Do you make them, do you have experience with them, are they even a thing or are people mostly just content with rummaging through posts and find only free stuff to make?

I did find some, but got no experience with any of them (pic of one I found recently, think it's super cool). So I wanted to ask basically if you have any good/bad experience and if you can forward me some good people? Also, how much does an average difficulty papercraft cost to make anyway?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just really into custom papercrafts as of now, since none of the designs I want are online or even in model form, so I am checking out my options here ;9
>>
>>586438
Funny that feature Antyyy in your attached pic! I (in effect) commissioned a Ponyo papercraft commission from her, it did not cost much (12 euros or something) and I love it to bits, still have it displayed. She even helped me with some steps. If it's a moderately simple character, then yeah go for it, I've had a very positive experience.
>>
>>586449
Ohhh! Nice to head that! But appart from her, any other ones that are really good? And I mean, is commissioning papercrafts even a thing, don't know if people actually have a specific character in mind, such as I have many, many XD, that they are actually willing to pay to be made? In FB groups all I see are people nagging about what to share from stolen papercrafts that they want to get for free, so it's strange that it's even a thing. Or only for specific people, I don't know. Maybe actual papercraft nerds that are super into it and want stuff to be done.

But then it's always the problem if you have something in mind that you get somebody that can actually make it justttt the way you want. I can imagine that being the biggest problem. So I am searching for a variety of people that can do that, so I got a pool to choose from really. I know, I am picky about this. I want my 1. commission to be perfect.
>>
>>586460
Well, I'm not sure what to add other than just go for it.
>>
>>586503
(I haven't used any other creators, other people here might want to recommend though...)

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.