[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/p/ - Photography

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 83 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: castel-xq-ii_01.jpg (47 KB, 1024x768)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
Novoflex Castel XQ II edition

Old >>4121396

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
>>
>>4128650
>Novoflex Castel XQ II edition
were you the fujitard that bought that overpriced garbage?
>>
Any rumored Nikon mirrorless bodies for 2023? Thinking of getting into Nikon due to their (supposedly) superior mid-level lenses. Especially their Z 50 and 85mm 1.8’s
>>
>>4128650
are pentax cameras really that bad of cameras? or is /p/ just being /p/ and their fine

T. Pentaxfag considering jumping ship to nikon
>>
>>4128745
They are getting increasingly dated while not getting any cheaper and the few lenses there are range from bad to ok and are continuing to sell at a premium.What good is your "modernized DSLR system" when half the lenses you'll be using are screw drive autofocus and barely sharp enough to be worth making MTF charts for?

niggas are still paying $800+ for used K1s when you can buy a used D850 for the same amount.

However, "pentaxians" continue to insist it's the best shit ever and mix that with irrational fuji hate (despite adhering to an even more hipster form over function brand - muh ovf magical experience).
>>
>>4128749
so jump ship then?
>>
>>4128750
If you intend to buy more lenses, or upgrade to a newer pentax body, absolutely. if not, the lack of competitive developments from pentax do not affect you. You already have a camera.
>>
>>4128753
i was planning to flesh out my kit with more stuff, and get a k5
but theres nothing wrong with a hop, skip and a jump over to nikon with a cheap lens and a 5100
>>
What's the consensus on a6000s? I don't see them getting any cheaper despite being old af
>>
>>4128749
>However, "pentaxians" continue to insist it's the best shit ever and mix that with irrational
That's not irrational. If you browse the Pentax rumor websites back in the day you would know there was a schism among the pentaxians, many of them dropped Pentax and jumped ship to Fujifilm.
The remnants then grew to see Fujifilm as a threat.
>>
>>4128830
Thinking a camera is a threat because the company makes better shit is irrational. Is mr. fujisan firumo going to go last samurai on ricoh HQ and force the pentax division to go mirrorless at swordpoint?
>>
>>4128835
i hope so
>>
your thoughts on:
nikon z6ii VS canon r6 VS panasonic S1 vs Nikon z7?
wildlife photography
>>
>>4128847
vs sony a7r iii
I care about video too.
thanks in advance.
>>
>>4128847
Overpriced lenses. The E-mount has cheaper zooms from Tamron and Sigma.
>>
>>4128848
S5iix
>>
>>4128749
where the FUCK are you getting D850s for 800. I will literally nut inside a beehive if you can find me one at that price.
>>
>>4128797
it's meh for general shooting with af lenses
it's shit if you want to use lingling primes or other manual lenses
source: had one but wound up switching brands (to fuji of course)

besides the frustrating manual focusing work flow my biggest complaints were:
>shutter louder than a dslr
>bad jpg colors, denoising
>incomprehensible menus (with the german translation it felt like playing oblivion again)
>>
File: Zoomies.jpg (33 KB, 663x239)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
Zoomin through the postal system
>>
>20-70mm f/4
Damn that’s like a 10-35mm f/2 equivalent in MFT. Over.
>>
>>4128859
Which Fuji did you pick?
>>
>>4128887
initially an x-a5 since it was <450 with both kit lenses
now I mostly use an x-s10 + ttartisan 35 1.4 (or film)
>>
>Nikon 200-500
Any thoughts ? Probably my next lens. I want some mf R E A C H.
>>
What’s a good replacement for my Canon 7D?
>>
>>4128935
90D
>>
>>4128949
Thanks I'll take a look. Gonna look into newer cameras and compare them all later today.
>>
>>4128961
Generally speaking, lenses>bodies but whatever you do if you have a decent lens collection I'd suggest staying in the same system. What motivates your desire to upgrade?
90D offers a lot of resolution, same sized sensor so your EF-S lenses all work, dual pixel autofocus, swivel screen and more stuff.
There's also the 7D Mark II but I think the 90D is superior in almost every way.
>>
>>4128964
>Glass > Body
Fair point. I have one L-series lens which is somewhat impressive, the rest are basically economy lenses I bought to minimize costs but to get away from my shitty kit lens.

>What motivates your desire to upgrade?
IMO, I went from amateur professional to being a professional who knows his craft and needs to upgrade to stay competitive and make the full-transition. Also my 7D is starting to fall apart. I have dead pixels I didn't have before and the body took a fall during a shoot because a fat lady knocked over my tripod.
>>
>>4128650
fotonovum pro v2 is better and cheaper

Horizontal Resolution96 dpi
Vertical Resolution96 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1000
Image Height563
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
What’s a good (doesn’t have to be great) film point and shoot that has mostly automatic operation and lowest possible hipster tax. I have a film SLR but I don’t tend to take it out since it’s all automatic but with an iffy light meter. I want something I can feel confident as a snap shooter but still use film for fun. I was even looking at a Nikon n2020 even though that’s an SLR
>>
>>4128987
It looks even bulkier
>>
>>4128849
Nikon has the 200-500/5.6 that can be used with an adapter. You can't get better value wildlife lens on the market right now
>Smegma or Tamshit
Literally trash that disintegrates itself on the first burst unless you limit it to DSLR level 5 FPS
>>
>>4129029
Konica C35 EF

No hipster tax considering that was one of Warhol cameras of choice lol
>>
>>4129088
Old crap lenses with old crap motors are not worth it.
>>
>>4128987
true
I will probably get arca macro table

Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Width2000
Image Height2000
>>
>>4129029
Automatic film P&S already getting hipster tax now. If you want to pay less go get the one with zoom lens, not the prime lens.
I saw so many Mju Zoom and Pentax Espio IQZoom still unsold onn online stores.
I really want to recommend Konica Big Mini but sadly it got hit hard with hipster tax recently
>>
>>4129103
It's just a few years old, mate
>>
>>4129121
I saw some decent Big Minis but I’ve read that the winding motors fail. How about a Ricoh AF5? Most of what I see is untested
>>
Do I buy a Leica SL for 2k?
>>
Sonychads, should I buy the 16-35 f/4 PZ, or the equally sharp past f4 20mm f1.8G?

inb4 24mm GM. no i don't shoot wide angles that much, but when I do, they're WIDE.
>>
>>4129159
Most automatic P&S will eventually fail due to problem with circuit boards or ribbon cables (Example: Leica Minilux is infamous for their doomed ribbon cable, and yet people still paying premium price for them. It's fixable though but still....) so motor problem is just one of many possible breakdown. Even old fully mechanical cameras have better lifespan (and I don't add 3D printing into equation yet).

Japan is worse with price. There's a ton of Big Mini but the working one sold for 30k Yen (almost $300) and I don't have enough electronic fixing skill to buy the one with junk status and try to fix them.
>>
Played around with the A7 for a bit. Don’t care for the menus or ergonomics. Not sure if I’d get over it.
>>
So today, after years cooped up in my home because of covid and other things, I decided to pick my Ricoh GR (first gen with APS-C sensor, not GRD/ GRdigital version) for a family gathering event. After using it for a whole day I start thinking to myself.

"I need dials"

I grew up with film camera so using dials is already a habit for me. When I got myself a Ricoh GR, there's not much dials but I'm fine with that and got used to its control after a month or two.
But now, after over 7 years using it, I think this is time to get myself a new digital camera. Still small like Ricoh GR, but with tons of dials.

So yeah, recommendation please
>>
>>4129421
>"I need dials"
Fuji
X-Txx/-E series if you want to keep it smol, X-Tx series for maximum dials
>>
>>4129421
Naturally the finest dials can be found in the Fuji system if you'd like dedicated physical controls over shutter speed, aperture, iso, EV, and so on. If you don't need IBIS or great video features, used X-T2 or X-T3s are pretty affordable, or you can do old X-E models, old X-Txx models, etc. Used X-T4s are commonly nearing $1k now which is basically the same price as a new X-S10 but with all around better features and the retro styling, on top of IBIS and being good at video, too.
>>
>>4129177
The 16-35 it the lens to get if you prefer the style of images where everything is in focus.

The 20 is for style of images where part of the image is blurred.
>>
canon R6II(24-105mm f/4-7,1 STM) or nikon Z7II(nikkor 24-70mm f/4s) for photojournalism, wildlife and nature?
>>
>>4129569
Sony A7IV (sony 24-70 f2.8 gm-ii)
>>
Pretty damn good price on UK amazon for the S5+50mm+20-40mm.
Pretty sure I could sell this on ebay and make a profit.
>>
>>4129609
Panasonic isn't a well known brand, and a.i. is about to kill photography, so the only market left is weddings.
>>
>>4129609
every panasonic body is going on clearance now that the S5IIX has PDAF. you will 100% lose money if trying to resell.
>>
>>4129614
I've bought it for myself to use.
The lenses alone can be flipped for £600+
Tbh my biggest concern is the EVF and if it's no good I'll return it.
>>
>>4129421
the closest pants pocket size with apsc sensor and top dials are the fuji xf10 or the older fuji x70. or just get the ricoh gr3 or gr3x if you want a newer sensor than the gr. all have strengths and weaknesses.
>>
>>4129633
and there's also the nikon coolpix a which is an old model
>>
>>4129425
>>4129427
Is there a huge difference between all those models? I'm thinking of getting an older model used due to budget constrain ($700-800) but I worried I will regret my purchase.
>>
>>4129633
>or just get the ricoh gr3 or gr3x if you want a newer sensor than the gr.
I'm fine with my old GR, the tech upgrade isn't that wide compared to GRD III to GR (small sensor jumping straight to APS-C) .
Also what I want is dials.
XF10 don't have dials, so no. But X70 looks interesting. I will look further into it.
>>
>>4129706
>but I worried I will regret my purchase
you certainly will
>>
>>4129706
Yeah you're getting assraped pricewise for cameras that were outdated when they came out over dial autism

Fuji wasn't even competitive until last year
>>
>>4129706
You can get an X-T20 for $300 and just do fine
or an X-T2 for about $100 more
>>
>>4129710
desu its kind of sad but even old micro four thirds is cheaper and better than old fuji. no wonder they're drumming up revenue by scamming people getting rid of all their good film and ceasing 3 pack sales...
>>
>>4129706
X-T2 is based as fuck.
>>
>>4129713
OMD-EM10?
>>
>>4129718
i love ancient apsc mirrorless shitters with EVFs so bad they'd make you buy a pentax (if better EVFs didn't exist)
>>
>>4129741
and yet the EVF is still better than a snoy a7c kek
>>
>>4129742
>maybe if I pick the worst sony...
Imagine buying the "wannabe leica owners will buy anything to have full frame heheheh" model
>>
>>4129748
>wannabe leica
you mean wannabe fuji KEK
>>
>>4129778
Fuji delusion syndrome at its finest
>>
>>4129713
I'm curious on what merits the "sensor size is the bottom line" type Snoy astroturfers around here would try and make a claim like "m43 was strictly better than Fuji"?
>>
Take your fucking brand autism to the bait threads
>>
>>4129831
There are only four digital sensor sizes:
Real medium format
Crop medium format
Crop frame
"too small"

Everything in the 4th one might as well be the same so don't worry about whether you have micro-c or APS3. They're so similar and noticeably worse than the top 3 that no one can really tell.
>>
>>4129842
Right, but even if one believes that, that basically makes Fuji and M43 the same at worst. Looking for qualification on why it was claimed M43 was outright superior.
>>
>>4129842
I don't know why but you sounds like you're explaining bread.
>>
>>4129831
>muh snoy
Sony is the second worst brand in the market, right after Fuji.
MFT=no X-tranny so you have a major advantage right there.
also MFT has better glass than fuji's soft shit, better colors and last but not least better build quality
MFT stabilization is the best in the market and Fuji didn't even have stabilization up to the X-T4. You don't need a big sensor when you can routinely handhold for 8 seconds and get sharp results, not that APS-C is big to begin with. Fujis are for larpers, Sonys for specshittrs, MFT and the rest are for photographers.
>>
>>4128830
>>4128749
The amount of gaslighting you do can heat up an olympic size pool. Do you have some special contract with the russians?
>>
File: pobrane.jpg (7 KB, 329x153)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>4128650
Is there really anything better than Panasonic S5 in the same price range, for 24 FPS video? (60 FPS is gay)
>>
>>4129609
Can I buy through UK Amazon and ship to other countries or is that not how it works?
>>
>>4130014
Nevermind. Import fees are 10% of the price FeelsBadMan
>>
>>4130017
>>4130014
It's gone up by £1000 now anyway.
I actually bought one when it dropped to £1500 then it dropped to £1200 so I bought another and will return the £1500 one.
>>
>>4130017
>only 10%
I would be happy with that instead of my 50-70% import fees on photography equipment
>>
>>4130025
The thing is that makes it the same price as here in Germany
>>
>>4130026
And used lenses cost the same as new here
Fucking bullshit
>>
>>4130029
I was getting very upset about shitty German internet infrastructure. Let's stay stoic, brother. Otherwise, it's too much
>>
File: 1665217587407732.jpg (729 KB, 993x996)
729 KB
729 KB JPG
>>4128650
Hi/ p/, I have a Nikon D3400 and I want to upgrade it. I would like to spend around 1200 usd (no more than 1500) on a new camera. Capacity to film decent amateur video with decent audio is important. Any recommendations?

Pic unrelated, just grabbing your attention.
>>
>>4130231
I forgot to mention that I have a nifty 50 nikon lens. So I'm looking for nikon cameras.
>>
>Price of old digicam is slowly crawling up
Oh no, it's started. Brace for hipster impact, boys!
>>
>>4130231
I was kept looking at the picture then I realized kek

I was gonna say your setup is fine but then you said video. From what I know Panasonic has always had good video with the GH series but more for like cinemafilmstuff because the Panasonic autofocus. If you mean vlogging and whatever then Sony has good autofocus, don’t listen to the retards on here who say otherwise. I mean it kind of depends on if you want like a small vlogging camera, a giant cinema rig, a flip out screen, external recording, all that stuff.
>>
I'm somewhat convinced I need to buy some light equipment and the like before I upgrade bodies and lenses. I don't deserve the upgrade yet.

Leaving Canon scares me a li'l bit too. Very comfy with their stuff.
>>
>>4130254
You might be the very last sane poster here. Get out before you start looking at snoy products.
>>
recommendation for a camera strap? i want to stop looking like a noob with my camera broadcasted across the strap
>>
>>4130276
Love these, they will last forever.
https://gordyscamerastraps.com/
>>
>>4130276
peak design is what most people go with
>>
>>4130287
thanks actually ordered the sage colored one before you replied.
Is there a good tripod review or ratings website? I bought one from target but returned it because with the level meter on you can tell its shaky.
>>
>>4130267
I’ve already looked at the A7. It’s pretty cool but the menu is shit, I don’t like how it feels, and there was no zoom button. I may never recover from such slights.
>>
>>4130337
>zoom button
Lmao. Just stick to Canon.
>>
>>4130379
When in liveview I have a zoom button on my DSLR. Not Canon.
Just saying
>>
>>4130389
Kek. Yeah just stick with your DSLR mate.
>>
>>4130299
https://thecentercolumn.com/
enjoy your trip into the rabbit hole
>>
>>4130400
>dat IBIS vs. Earth's rotation article
Goddamn
>>
>>4130277
To be fair most straps will last long because it's not like we're going to use them everyday right?
The only time I'm getting strap that broke on me it was using a very shitty metal material that bend and snap very easily.
As long you got it from bonafide makers with tons of good reviews you're gold.
>>
>>4130012
>>4129609
I'm digging it. The EVF could be bigger and better but generally it's a nice size and seems great quality. I love the WB, ISO, Exp Comp buttons and the focus select switch. Seems a very well thought-out layout.
Autofocus seems fine for photos. I understand Firmware v2 improved it a lot.

Equipment MakeApple
Camera ModeliPhone 12 Pro Max
Camera Software16.2
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)64 mm
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Image Created2023:01:27 09:01:10
Exposure Time1/30 sec
F-Numberf/2.2
Exposure ProgramNormal Program
ISO Speed Rating1600
Lens Aperturef/2.2
Brightness-1.7 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length7.50 mm
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width4032
Image Height3024
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
>>
>>4130392
I will and enjoying it
>>
>>4130408
So these combinations get the same depth of field but the Lumix will require a stop less of light?
>>
Will Olympus ever make an L mount camera or are they ded now?
>>
>>4130425
I've interpreted the company that acquired the camera division as one that sort of just keeps brands on life support and milks residual R&D until people stop buying in, in the hope of turning a profit between that and liquidating any other assets at the end.
>>
>>4130426
Their claim is to "Improvise our camera technology and yet their PEN and OM series don't even have good proper dials even in 2022.
Even Panasonic with their Lumix LX100 have proper dials.
>>
>>4130428
manual style dials are obsolete and only fujislug larpers want them, hence why even OM System outsells wormji
>>
>>4130428
Dials suck. I have a sony and still want less dials.

These retards have stockholm syndrome from using shitty film cameras
>>
>>4130428
They were probably just releasing leftovers from Olympus. Only time will tell what happens in the next few years.
>>
anyone using dehumidifying cabinet for gear storage?
do these things really work?
>>
>>4130400
thanks exactly what I was looking for, forgot to bookmark it
>>
>>4130481
just throw some silica packets you get with random shit with your gear
>>
>>4130481
I have two of those same cabinets, 200L versions tho (HC200) and one with a non-clear door - 260L Sirui IHS260X.
Yes, they do work and assuming you take care of your gear and don't rough it out every time you work/shoot, you can use them to keep your gear in a basically ''like new'' condition for years and years (Amazing for lenses.)
>>
>>4130476
Could use more buttons tho... I used to have a 1DXll and then a Z6ll before switching to a7RIV and a7IV and let me tell you... For a company that brags about usability, customizability and ''having tons of buttons'' they have surprisingly average number of buttons and switches, even compared to a Z6ll from Nikon, which by the way allowed me for more button customization than my new a7IV that was marketed with that as one of it's main selling points. So yeah... I would need two more buttons on the front of the camera, near the lens mount, similar to how Nikon cameras have it and an additional customizable button, preferably two, near the shutter button or near the C2 and Rec buttons, similar to how 1DXlll, D6, Z9, R3, R5, Z6ll or Z7ll have... If there were 2 more, preferably 3, customizable C buttons on Sony cameras, I would have no bad things to say about Sony cameras, aside from the horrid design/ergonomics.

>>
>>4130523
The problem with silica packets is that it need to be replaced one day and majority of people tend to forget to replace it.
>>4130531
>Don't rough a camera
I have camera that became my daily carry. I don't think I can keep it at "like new" value.
I knew many people point out that many used Leicas have "like new" condition but I bet because a lot of people are too scared to carry them daily. I really want to see a well worn Leica.
>>
>>4130473
Anon, your illiteracy is showing. If you actually read about those figures, you'd know it was only about lens sales (so not directly related to body design) and only in Japan, where they have a strange fondness for some less relevant brands relative to most of the world.
>>
>>4130481
they work, especially when you have jungle climate.
>>
>>4130673
they lose in the BCN body charts too
cope harder fujifaggot
>>
>>4130473
Good luck trying to enter your menus when the buttons stop functioning lel
>>
>>4130721
good luck trying to pick your settings when your dials stop working lol
>>
Lens bros, I got a small scratch on my 100-400.
Doesn't seem to affect my image quality as it's in the far outer edge of my front element.
No idea how it happened, I went to blow debris off then use a lens pen, saw the scratch in the light.
Should I even bother getting the front element replaced? It makes me sad knowing it's there.
>>
>>4130724
At least with dials it can be physically replaced.
With buttons, you have to check the circuit board to find out what need to be cleaned or soldered, but it need specialized technician, and some problems in circuit boards are unsalvageable.
Physical gears can be fixed, you can even use metal lathe or 3D printer to replace the bad one.
>>
>>4130737
You know dials are just switches on top of circuit boards the same as buttons and clicky wheels correct

Less durable actually because they stick out
>>
>>4130742
lmao you don’t know shit
>>
>>4130743
I know fuji cameras take softer photos than my phone
>>
>dig out ancient minolta 7000 maxxum
>buttons all work despite the finish being worn iff
>dig out canon ae-1
>shutter dial is kind of fucky and changes the ISO if you turn it wrong
BUTTONS ARE SO UNRELIABLE GUYS
>>
>>4130746
>pressing two pieces of metal together against the force of spring tension, such a simple arrangement it can be totally sealed against the elements
Unreliable!
>A protruding rotating assembly that moves a multi-position switch
Now THAT is reliable.
>>
>>4130745
>Completely changing the topic and goal post
The voice of a man, losing.
>>
>>4130753
I won. That's why I'm starting a new battle so I can win twice.
>>
>>4130746
>"My old mechanical camera is getting problematic!"
Stop complaining and send it for fixing ffs.
>>
>>4130758
>"I change my own goal post then I claim that I win that goal"
- That man, not wanting to admit defeat, dancing in his emperor's new suit (I wonder if you get that reference)
>>
>>4130725
it wont affect the image quality. just remind yourself that humans have permanent skin scars and its not a big issue.
>>
>>4130760
Dials aren't reliable devices. It's a protruding assembly that moves a multi-position switch. Even worse when it's combined dials, which were always an awful idea but are a really awful idea on a digital camera.

Do you know why dials are the least reliable rotating switch thingy? Because they also deal with random sideways and downwards forces since no dial turner is perfect, and because of their size, there's a lot of leverage on the base. A clicky wheel is just pressed on and turned, and it's small so there isn't a lot of leverage on it.

Literally only one manufacturer was making cameras with dials for years. On their pro models, which are expected to be bought with people who use their cameras for work, there is not one single dial. What does this tell you about dial reliability? Buy a camera with dials if you want to pretend you can afford film but don't make any more bullshit out of it.
>>
>>4130790
>Only one company focus on dials for their high end digitals
>Their cameras sold pretty well and even still fetch well in second hand market
>No one complain about their dials
You sayin?
>Buy a camera with dials if you want to pretend you can afford film but don't make any more bullshit out of it.
Joke's on you I got 8 film cameras in my collection for over a decade now. No ragret. Dials are GGGGRRRRREEEEEAAAAATTT!!
>>
>>4130790
Oh and just want to add:
Leica fucking love dials as well. If dials are so bad, why a company with high rep in the industry use them as well?
>>
Fujifilm xe4 vs x100v vs ricoh gr III or IIIX?
Current options I'm considering for casual every day photography.
>>
>>4130864
How about Panasonic LX100 II
>>
File: rode go ii.jpg (14 KB, 569x191)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
I would like to improve my sound & recording options for interviews. Any recommendations?

Budget up to 1000€

Currently, I use a Rode Video Micro + Zoom H1n and Sennheiser MKE 600.

I consider a proconsumer audio device like Zoom F3/F6 or H6. Maybe even a Sounddevice PreMix.

I also thought about a wireless mic but 2.4 GHz doesn't sound so great to me. Hearing about a lot of issues.

I consider:

comica Vimo C3 (2.4 GHz)
comica BoomX-U2 (UH
>>
File: sketch3.png (77 KB, 1404x1752)
77 KB
77 KB PNG
is there any 3,5mm jack microphone small enough that would allow me to achieve this setup?
>>
>>4130864
I had an X-T2 and bought a X-E4 about a year ago for the smaller size but it's pretty negligible. I returned the X-E4 and still have the X-T2 to this day. X-T2 has such a better feel and EVF that the small size increase is totally worth it.

Equipment MakeApple
Camera ModeliPhone 12 Pro
Camera Software15.2.1
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)52 mm
Image Created2022:01:28 09:17:04
Exposure Time1/60 sec
F-Numberf/2.0
ISO Speed Rating640
Lens Aperturef/2.0
Brightness0.6 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Focal Length6.00 mm
Image Width4032
Image Height3024
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
>>
>>4130915
It almost felt like the X-T2 was lighter due to the better grip. There's actually about 150g in it.

Equipment MakeApple
Camera ModeliPhone 12 Pro
Camera Software15.2.1
Image Created2022:01:27 13:41:41
Exposure Time1/60 sec
F-Numberf/2.0
ISO Speed Rating400
Lens Aperturef/2.0
Brightness1.2 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Focal Length6.00 mm
Image Width4032
Image Height3024
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
>>
>>4130915
>>4130917
It's almost like ergonomics matter and the only reason to get a gripless camera is faggy larping.
>>
>>4130864
depends on your rqmts and how smol or flexible you want the camera to be.
>>
>>4130917
God, I hate DSLR-style cameras with the center viewfinder. It's always an ergonomic nightmare. But no grip isn't any better. Neither of these things is for me.
I'm sticking to my GX85, I guess.
>>
File: IMG_6792.jpg (548 KB, 1614x1075)
548 KB
548 KB JPG
Any recommendations for a camera please?

I've got this old Canon 30d. It works fine, produces good pictures, but of course it's outdated.
I wanted to get a used camera again, first I was thinking about getting one for 400 $, then I thought maybe I should just go for one for around 900$.
I have this Canon for a long time and just now I really tried to understand how the camera really works and how to shoot manually etc.
I like photographing animals in every day situations. A dog sleeping on the street, some humans waiting at the bus stop, but also just empty streets or architecture.
I've only got the 18-55mm kit lens and a 50 mm 1.8, so switching systems wouldn't hurt much, only that I'm already used to the Canon.

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 30D
Camera SoftwareLuminar AI
Horizontal Resolution340 dpi
Vertical Resolution340 dpi
Image Created2023:01:12 06:37:57
Exposure Time1/800 sec
F-Numberf/5.6
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating125
Lens Aperturef/5.6
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Focal Length50.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessHard
>>
>>4130971
>It works fine, produces good pictures
>but of course it's outdated.
do you even know what "outdated" means? if it does what you need it's not outdated you dumb consoomer
>>
>>4130973
I don't even know if I am supposed to answer to this.
My main concern is the auto focus, newer models have a better auto focus. A better screen would also be nice, it's hard to see if the focus is right on the 30d screen, sometimes it's a little off and you only see it back at home on the computer. I'm sure there's more features on newer cameras that make them more convenient to use.
>>
>>4130981
>I'm sure there's more features on newer cameras that make them more convenient to use.
Google it. If you just think the new bodies have so many new features wouldn’t people say something about it? Unless you need Wi-Fi connectivity or more MP for prints a camera is a camera is a camera. Don’t listen to tards here, buy a new lens and keep working on your own technique.
>>
>>4130971
Your phone. Or a sony A7RII, they’re getting very cheap.
>>
>>4131000
What about a better screen and better auto focus though? Shouldn't that help a lot?
Feels weird buying a lens for 200$+ for a 60$ body. The next one I was thinking about buying for the canon would be a 24 mm or another wide angle lens.
>>4131003
Not my phone. How cheap do you think they are getting? My uncle just sold his, a few weeks ago, he didn't know I wanted to get some new gear. I could have gotten one cheap. Feelsbad.
>>
>>4131034
Again, what features do you actually want or need? Do you feel like the AF on your current camera is letting you down? Do you need more megapixels? Do you need stabilization? Also don’t bother replying to that other anon, he’s been posting in every thread telling people to either buy FF Sony or just use their phone.
>>
>>4131053
and he's right. based sony shill, destroyed of gear threads.
>>
>>4130981
Here's a tip: If you really want to know if newer model is better in certain feature(s) then the best way is to rent or borrow one. Get the feel of it for several days and try to make some comparison with your older camera.
I'm lucky enough that there's several camera rentals in my country, but I don't know about yours.
This is why I still keep my old ass camera. It's almost a decade but I still use it because the newer version only have wifi (that I don't really need) and touchscreen (that also I don't really need). The sensor is the same size and the accessories for the older models are cheaper.
>>
File: 1654886676898.png (519 KB, 860x861)
519 KB
519 KB PNG
Any reason to move from APS-C to FF? I mean, all I feel is bulkier bodies, bulkier lenses, pricier everything, and for what, to gain 1 stop?
>>
>>4131180
Even if it's only 1 stop that's a bigger difference than FF to MF.
>>
>>4130910
Maybe lavalier style microphones?
>>
>>4131180
If you use it to post online, just stay with APS-C
If you want to sell them in stock photo stores or print, FF. Or if you have the money, medium format.
>>
>>4131180
You already blew your load on a shitty camera and you will gain absolutely nothing by switching unless you can get 100% of your money back or somehow make a profit.

You made a dumb purchase and now your camera is slightly worse for an application you will never use it for. You could have spent the same amount of money and had a better camera and the rights to brag about it on /p/, but it's too late. You already have the one you have with you and now you have to take photos. inb4 you don't.
>>
>>4131234
Oh shut the fuck up SNOYfag
>>
File: 717FWmwWT-L.jpg (133 KB, 1000x1000)
133 KB
133 KB JPG
>>4131180
Move from APS-C to better APS-C

>>4131235
SNOYchad is right. SNOYchad is always right. /p/ gearfags get too uppity and he puts them in their place.
>>
File: DSC06432_r.jpg (1.22 MB, 1500x1000)
1.22 MB
1.22 MB JPG
>>4131234
I mean, I do take photos, I also like the small form factor of APS-C & lenses, very useful when hiking, skiing, traveling or whatever. I'm still not sure what I could use FF for though. I can see an usecase where I get 1 more stop when doing astrophoto while I'm camping in the mountains, but then I'd have to carry like 1 more Kg of equipment + bigger volume, which is a big no when on a 4 or 5 days hike and when I'm already sacrificing a lot (especially the food) to keep things tight in the backpack.
But then maybe I could take advantage of the bigger sensor, and instead of carrying a fast (and thus bulky) lens, I could instead carry a slower (and smaller) one, thus going back at APS-C levels where I had to use a fast lens.
But then, why not just keep using APS-C in the first place.
So many possibilities... and no light to indicate which is the right path to follow.

Equipment MakeSONY
Camera ModelILCE-6300
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop 22.4 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.8
Image Width5733
Image Height3822
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2023:01:29 02:24:03
Exposure Time1/500 sec
F-Numberf/4.5
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/4.5
Brightness8.8 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length35.00 mm
Image Width1500
Image Height1000
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>4131241
stop talking to yourself
>>
Snoychad algorithm:

If gear thread:
default=sony
Recommend a cheap sony to win people over
If someone else recommends sony recommend fuji, pentax, or a more expensive sony
If someone recommends nikon, recommend canon
If someone recommends canon, ignore them and laugh if anyone falls for it
If someone recommends APS-C, tell them a phone is the same
If lens is sharp = no character
if lens has character = not sharp

Now you too can annoy gearfags as much as me. Remember to only do this in gear threads because they're useless.

Peace
>>
File: size normalized.png (420 KB, 573x597)
420 KB
420 KB PNG
>>4131253
Also, use this picture
>>
File: 1669971049829.jpg (24 KB, 367x451)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>4131253
>If someone recommends canon, ignore them
Do you actually get butthurt when peiple ignore your bait posts?

I thought you just wanted to bump the threads, I had no idea you got butthurt over being ignored.
>>
>>4131340
All of my bait posts get (you)s. I've made having a gear thread on /p/ so frustrating that people are going to stop it. ha.

But I ignore canon MILC gear threads because I think it's funny when people fall for the canon mirrorless meme and like a little genuine schadenfreude
>>
>>4131053
I want a better AF, a better screen and I want to be able to use the screen instead of the viewfinder to shoot photos at different angles without lying down on the floor.

After watching a bunch of youtube videos Im also interested in micro four thirds cameras.

>>4131168
Only highend professional equipment and it's really expensive.
>>
>Order 70-200 GM II from Amazon
>Have sent to Amazon locker because nigs at apartment
>Delivery day
>Out for delivery
>hab to go to wage cage
>"delivery update" text message
>pic related
>How TF does a locker refuse delivery

Camera SoftwareAndroid TP1A.220624.014.G998USQS5DVL3
Image Width1440
Image Height2933
>>
>>4131389
Bro you live in fucking vegas
>>
>>4131389
I had contacted customer service about it
>old lens returned for refund
>old money gets refunded
>new lens sent out free of charge
>free lens?
>free lens???

Camera SoftwareAndroid TP1A.220624.014.G998USQS5DVL3
Image Width1440
Image Height3200
>>
>>4131389
It was probably full with other chinese crap
Also > buying lens from Amazon
>>
>>4131489
Amazon does shit like this all the time. Once I ordered a laptop, then a week later it goes on sale so I ask customer support if they can do a price correction and refund me the difference, they say "no, unfortunately you will have to send it back for a refund and re order under the new price". I start the return order and they immediately refunded me the full amount and closed my order, I never had to send the laptop back.
>>
>>4131580
Amazon profited so much they don't give a damn about little loss like this. It cost them more money to investigate the matter. They also don't have to deal with shit like shoplifting.
>>
https://www.amazon.com/Photography-Autofocus-Anti-Shake-Vlogging-Batteries/dp/B0BCPCSTNB/ref=pd_ybh_a_sccl_1/140-4539563-4762233
Let me guess, you need more?
>>
>>4131955
You know 4chan people are getting old when they keep looking for anti shake technology.
In 20 years, we will have /ro/ Retirement House where geriatric 4chan users can yell at each other all day long.
>>
>>4132005
Poorfag cope
>>
>>4132008
Go to sleep old man.
>>
>>4132011
You bring up old men a lot. It's starting to sound like you are one.

Enjoying that newfangled fuji-film leica, gramps? Gosh darn them photos look just like kodak and you can even post em on facebook. yeeeee haw.
>>
File: 1.jpg (34 KB, 780x438)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
I literally never use the EVF, just the rear screen, especially as it's quicker if I need to quickly take a shot at some fleeting moment that won't be there anymore in the next 0.5 seconds.
>>
>>4132325
Real photographers have always preferred waist level viewfinders to tiny eye prisms desu
>>
>>4132326
Yeah, I mean, even when I actually have time to compose and shit, I just use my camera at waist level like in the old times, with the screen at 90°, against my (not that big) belly.
It's just peak comf. With free added stabilization, even.
>>
File: 1670764601233.jpg (684 KB, 3315x3317)
684 KB
684 KB JPG
>>4132326
>waist level viewfinders
holy based fujiCHAD
>>
>>4132331
I shoot sony.
>>
>>4132325
Underrated opinion. A lot of people shitting on rear screen are just a bunch of photography elitists. A lot of people just want to LARPing as "photojournalist" or "misunderstood street photographer" but rarely show their photos.
>>
>>4131903
>shoplifting
I had to do a drop off at Kohls due to the weight of an item or there would be a fee, there was a mexican mom and daughter with an entire shopping cart of "returns" shit like half used makeup and facewash and clearly used dog beds etc. Amazon eventually bans their account but they just open one under a different name.
>>
>>4132570
I'm always baffled by Americans return policy. I can understand 3 to 7 days money back guarantee, but 30 days or longer money back guarantee is ridiculous and stupid (unless it's certain item that have guaranteed long life span like RAM sticks or ceramic pottery).
I mean seriously, a year warranty for cosmetics? Items for pets that can be destroyed in less than a week? FOOD?
I understand that Americans are high trust society, but there's a difference between being trusting and being a dumbass.
>>
>>4132014
>Haha! I'm not the old man, YOU are the old man!
What kind of argument is that?
>>
Holy shit Sony lenses are expensive
>>
>>4132705
wtf are you looking at, GM V zeiss edition pro zooms, superfast "pro" primes, or normal lenses for normal people? sony really likes to rape the "pro" customers because they pretty much have to pay MSRP or switch systems, but everything else is pretty average in price with some lenses that are really cheap for how good they are compared to canikon. there's also tamron and sigma. only one schizo on /p/ actually hates tamron and sigma.
>>
Correction: Holy shit, all lenses are expensive
>>
>>4132707
I’m intimidated about switching systems so looking at costs and all that. But really all lenses aren’t cheap. I’ve skated by on low end glass while I learned but I’m gonna have to put up some cash soon.
>>
File: Sony_FE_85mm_F1.4_GM.jpg (156 KB, 1200x900)
156 KB
156 KB JPG
>>4132708
In 1981, a canon 85mm f1.8 was $150 (= $490 today) and the f1.2 version was $475 (= $1550) and these lenses were much simpler and shittier than the most basic shit you can buy right now.
>>
I think I should invest in some good lights before a new camera. But I need to get money coming in otherwise I’ll be the most geared up amateur. I’ve only worked with speed lights where do I go from here?
>>
>>4132705
They are, but goddamn they're actually worth it. I wish I could buy more.
>>
File: 1551198840878.jpg (885 KB, 3000x2607)
885 KB
885 KB JPG
>>4132712
What does the "G" stand for in Sony lenses?
>>
>>4132910
Gay lmao
>>
File: VOL3.jpg (89 KB, 768x1000)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
>>4132910
>supreme prime

Image Width768
Image Height1000
>>
File: sony_bussin.jpg (211 KB, 1280x961)
211 KB
211 KB JPG
Does this piece of plastic have any advantages over the a6400?

Camera SoftwareGIMP 2.10.32
Image Created2023:01:31 21:39:37
>>
>>4132910
"Good"

As in the ones that aren't G or GM aren't good.
>>
>>4132752
A Godox V1 or something similar
>>
>>4133034
The godox v1 is super overrated
>dude circular flash lmao
Any godox flash compatible with their Xpro wireless trigger is good to go. Just use accessories if the light from a square head is slightly too harsh.
>>
File: bonbon bunny (1).jpg (408 KB, 938x1252)
408 KB
408 KB JPG
I just got my first full frame mirrorless camera (except for rangefinders) and I'd like to use adaptors to use either M mount or R mount lenses. Does anyone have any good recommendations for good lenses to use on my Lumix S5?
I'm looking at the 40mm F1.4 Voitglander but I just saw that an R mount adaptor is also available and I know nothing about R mount.
>>
>>4133052
Obviously, I meant Leica R mount. Not Canon.
>>
>>4132795
You sounds like soyn sales marketing intern trying to pitch in this thread lol
>>
>>4133101
Yeah, I'm sure they desperately need to come on this shit neet Cambodian imageboard shithole to try and get the 37,5$ left of anon's mommy's allowance, after he decided to eat instant noodles for a month just to save those for a new daki.
>>
>>4133124
Yeah we have better things to use our marketing budget on.
>>
>>4133124
>Unpaid shills
It's sadder then. No money for all those efforts?
>>
>>4131234
>You could have spent the same amount of money and had a better camera and the rights to brag about it on /p/
>tfw almost bought a fuji and went with a a7iv instead
You literally can't go wrong with snoy. They're actually good so you get to brag and anons get mad, its a win win
>>
>>4130012
below 5000$ it is still unbeaten in terms of dynamic contrast (video), which is arguably the most important aspect. 14 stops at iso 640, 13 at 4000.
>>
File: 20230131_150734.jpg (2.12 MB, 4000x3000)
2.12 MB
2.12 MB JPG
It's finally hear after waiting 2 weeks and its free

Image Width4000
Image Height3000
Image Created2023:01:31 15:07:34
Exposure Time1/40 sec
F-Numberf/1.8
Lens Aperturef/1.8
Brightness0.3 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Focal Length6.70 mm
Image Width4000
Image Height3000
Exposure ModeAuto
Unique Image IDXA8XLNF00SM
>>
>>4131389
>>4133261
>las vegas
now why would Tom want to buy snoyshit?
>>
>>4131389
>>4133261
>>4133257
uh oh Tom, did you just self dox again?
>>
Lighting shit is intimidating. There’s just too much of it. Gah. I’m having a mini crisis. I hate my work. I want to get better. But I’m not, really.
>>
>>4133261
>Not an A7R
So the schizo was wrong, of course. Dog guy, your name is cleared. Imagine not being able to afford the R version. Ha.
>>
>>4133284
Just take some time away from this site. It's taking a huge toll on you.
>>
>>4133282
looks like the quips about apartment pigeons were right all along
>>
>>4133287
He lives next to a rehab center/hospital. I think he actually has some serious health problems. 4chan is almost certainly not the place he should be right now, or a place to be at all on a daily basis.
>>
>>4133286
It’s just analysis paralysis of too many options and being behind in life that’s taking the toll
>>
>>4133291
Unless you were born with a silver spoon, you'll always be behind compared to someone else. Just calm down, take your time, and find something enjoyable to do. And try not to stay on this toxic site too long. It eats away at you.
>>
>>4133293
Weak

>>4133291
It's because you have no vision. you need to use the lighting to create the image in your head. Also yes you're poor. You can't afford strobes. Go to goodwill and buy lamps.
>>
File: DSC01598.jpg (2.16 MB, 3621x4658)
2.16 MB
2.16 MB JPG
>>4133289
Living in Vegas just about everything is rehab or a casino kinda hard to not live next to either. Rent is cheap because nigs

I love my new 70-200

Equipment MakeSONY
Camera ModelILCE-7M4
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic 11.3.1 (Windows)
PhotographerKevin
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)200 mm
Horizontal Resolution150 dpi
Vertical Resolution150 dpi
Image Created2023:01:31 21:16:49
Exposure Time1/60 sec
F-Numberf/2.8
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating5000
Lens Aperturef/2.8
Brightness-2.4 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length200.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>4133321
This is just terrible
>>
>>4133321
well at least you stopped spamming the board with your various pseudonyms. try not going mental all the time.
>>
>>4133325
Who is this Tom guy, I literally just got this A7IV in September and almost stashed it away forever after my college photography class
>>
>>4133315
I don’t have a setup so that’s part of the problem. It’s easier when you aren’t starting from scratch all the time. Just swap a backdrop, dig through your props, and so on.

>>4133293
Unfortunately the chan is the only place with semi decent community. The rest are ironically more toxic and full of cloutchasers.
>>
>>4133332
The owner of f8haus and a las vegas native that pissed off a local schizo (and everyone else) before getting banned himself. The local schizo thinks he came back as “cinefag” and is so paranoid he thinks everyone is tom, including a canadian furry, terry richards, sam hyde, zach braff, and himself.
>>
>>4133361
>Sam Hyde
Kek, that's fucking funny.
>>
>>4133321
At first I was like "Dayum" but then I realized this is Vegas so that might be a man.
>>
File: DSC01277.jpg (2.56 MB, 4187x5418)
2.56 MB
2.56 MB JPG
>>4133374
It's my new hobby

Equipment MakeSONY
Camera ModelILCE-7M4
PhotographerKevin
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.0
Image Created2023:01:31 23:53:52
Exposure Time1/250 sec
F-Numberf/1.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating2500
Lens Aperturef/1.0
Brightness-1.4 EV
Exposure Bias1.7 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length200.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessSoft
>>
>>4133377
Ah the allure of the sin city.
As someone who live in a pretty conservative country, that kind of display will make old ladies gasp. Also don't they consider you a creep for taking pics?
>>
File: DSC01266.jpg (2.84 MB, 4672x7008)
2.84 MB
2.84 MB JPG
>>4133379
Its Sin City
so a little of column A and a little of column B

Equipment MakeSONY
Camera ModelILCE-7M4
PhotographerKevin
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.0
Image Created2023:02:01 01:38:03
Exposure Time1/250 sec
F-Numberf/1.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating2500
Lens Aperturef/1.0
Brightness-1.5 EV
Exposure Bias1.7 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length200.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessSoft
>>
>>4133399
lol look at that old lady on motorized chair.
>>
File: DSC00024.jpg (3.39 MB, 2268x2824)
3.39 MB
3.39 MB JPG
>>4133405
It's the new hobby

Equipment MakeSONY
Camera ModelILCE-7M4
PhotographerKevin
Maximum Lens Aperturef/4.5
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)48 mm
Image Created2023:01:20 23:04:00
Exposure Time1/60 sec
F-Numberf/4.5
ISO Speed Rating640
Lens Aperturef/4.5
Brightness3.5 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length48.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
wtf tripod do I get for travel and night shots for a DSLR?
>>
>>4133434
Drop the dinosaur gigantic DSLR for a sleek, modern, more capable mirrorless first and then tripods that are smaller and lighter will be capable of sufficiently stabilizing your kit.
>>
>>4133453
I'd lose way more money selling my DSLR then buying a new system than just learning it.
>>
>>4133361
>The local schizo thinks he came back as “cinefag” and is so paranoid he thinks everyone is tom, including a canadian furry, terry richards, sam hyde, zach braff, and himself.
And I fucking love feeding his delusions.
>>4133453
>and then tripods that are smaller and lighter will be capable of sufficiently stabilizing your kit.
You're not supposed to use IBIS while on a tripod and mirrorless isn't much lighter and sometimes even heavier, shill.
>>4133469
Get something that is designed to bear the load you'll be mounting (camera+lens+whatever accessories like a lens rail, follow focus, cage, matte box, sliders, jib arms, etc). Make sure your rig doesn't exceed the maximum weight but also that it isn't much lighter than that or you'll run into trouble balancing the tilt unless it has adjustable counterbalance.
>>
>>4133508
>mirrorless isn’t much lighter
If you use canikon kek
>>
File: 1661494879470.png (179 KB, 1198x357)
179 KB
179 KB PNG
>>4133361
>>4133508
talking to yourself again, tom?
>>
>>4133511
>D780 with battery + 50mm f/1.4G: 840g+278g=1118g
>A7 IV with battery + FE 50mm f/1.4: 659g+778g=1437g
Sounds to me like Sony is pigfat.
>>
>>4133523
He was impersonating me with the name field, retard.
At one point I pissed someone just like I pissed you, and his way to get back at me was to post as "cinefag" while being intentionally obtuse, a poor attempt at character assassination.
>>
>>4133524
The optically superior sony 50mm has more glass in it, correct. Pick an optically inferior less corrected lens like some compact sigma or an adapted dslr shitter.
>>
>>4133526
Tom, when will you learn?
>>4133084
>>
>>4133532
Schizo you accused a snow buried canadian of living in las vegas

“He has the same lens” is not evidence
>>
I’m going to buy a camera today
>>
>>4133527
>The optically superior sony 50mm has more glass in it
And a worse T-stop
>Pick an optically inferior less corrected lens like some compact sigma or an adapted dslr shitter.
Okay, let's do 50mm f/1.8 then:
>D780 with battery + 50mm f/1.8D: 840g+155g=995g
>A7 IV with battery + FE 50mm f/1.8: 659g+186g=845g
A whopping 150g. Which you'll spend in extra batteries because it eats them.
D780 battery: 2260 shots. 81g.
a7IV battery: 520 shots, 85g
With three batteries you get less capacity (700 SHOTS LESS!) and you're already weighing more than the Nikon setup.
>>
>>4133541
thoughts and prayers
>>
>>4133542
Sounds like someone is a spray and pray hack. Battery life is more relevant to video, the peak of spray and pray and the lowest form of photography.
>durr t stop
That’s the cost of having superior optics. Luckily you can adapt almost anything to E mount so you have nothing to bitch about.
>>
>>4133542
6D Mark II is even better
>765g with battery
>higher resolution than either the sony or the nikon
>1200 shots per battery (LP-E6N, with the newer LP-E6NH you'd get almost 1400), battery is 79g for the older model or 90g for the newer one
>works under freezing conditions
>50/1.8 lens is just 159g
>924g with lens and battery, good for 1200 shots
>articulated screen just like the sony
>if going LOOOOW light you can do f/1.0L
>canon+f/1.0L is 1750g
>sony has to use 7chinks f/1.05 with no AF or adapt this one with a $400 adapter from metabones that weights 207g, probably with vignetting from the baby mount close to the sensor
>nikon has to use its f/1.2 with no AF either
Canon won. Reflexchads win once again.
>>
>>4133541
I hope it's a 5DSR
>>
>>4133559
Lol garbage AF, no AF in video (where the battery life matters), garbage ergos, garbage portability, no IBIS (there are no good DSLRs with IBIS)

It’s a tool for a specific job but otherwise it’s like driving a hummer everywhere and insisting mere crew cab trucks are toys.

And sony still has the lightest zooms in the industry which actually matters as the p in prime stands for poopoohead
>>
cANON = Cinefag = tom

desu.

>>4133562
You don’t need video AF for a quail sitting still in a tree
>>
>>4133562
>canon
>garbage ergos
kek, this isn't Sony we're talking about (or worse: Fuji/non-SL Leicas)
>>
>>4133565
How’s the arthritis gramps

Larger cameras always have worse ergos.
>>
File: Wrong.jpg (56 KB, 542x400)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>4133569
>Larger cameras always have worse ergos.
>>
File: 1675269478006.png (997 KB, 1786x895)
997 KB
997 KB PNG
>>4133570
A larger camera is always worse to handle. Worse to move through crowds with. Worse to use anywhere but standing on a deserted street corner taking pictures of a lamp post.

But I guess if you have a very niche application, a DSLR with a prime can be sturdy although you do give up a lot of AF, metering, and video niceties and silent shooting in return for that. God forbid you use the screen to check exposures as that will destroy your battery life (the sony has better dynamic range btw).
>>
File: 1675269712476.png (202 KB, 1198x991)
202 KB
202 KB PNG
>>4133573
Why don't you shill the D810/D850 anyways? They offer better IQ than the camera you do shill, the K1.
>>
>>4133562
DPAF is insanely good and produces none of the artifacts the PDAF pixels on the Sony do, portability is about the same as the Sony, IBIS is a cope for systems with slow/unstabilized lenses because they have baby mounts.
>And sony still has the lightest zooms in the industry which actually matters as the p in prime stands for poopoohead
Yeah because they're made of recycled plastic or some shit, lmao
>>4133564
You=deranged tranny
>>4133573
Not much of a size difference but a huge balance difference, with the Sony you're fighting the tipping lens. Center of gravity away from the gripping point=bad. Specially with Sony's flimsy mounts, worse grip and touchscreen-dependent UX, you have to let go of the lens all the time and there's a moment of force fucking with you. Of all the scenarios long lenses are the worst to have a Sony at. It's simply the inferior product. Like, what the fuck are you even doing, you need a cage to make up for its shorcomings.
>>
>>4133574
why would tom ever shill a good camera

>be canon and nikon
>reinforce your hot shoe mount with metal
>be sony
>reinforce your hot shoe mount with metal
>be pentax
>don't reinforce hot shoe, just screw it onto a sheet of plastic
>hot shoes falling/tearing off is a typical pentax issue
>tom/canon/cinefag: THAT is the DSLR I will shill on /p/
>>
>>4133576
>you are tom, he is tom, i am tom
this troon, smdh tbqh famiglia
>>
>faggots still haven't realized that cANON is Zach the Rebel T2i guy
>>
>>4133575
>Not much of a size difference
It's huge especially in the hand.
>IBIS is a cope
No, IBIS is for higher image quality when shooting static subjects as opposed to cranking the ISO to raise the shutter speed.
>Sony's flimsy mounts, worse grip and touchscreen-dependent UX, you have to let go of the lens all the time
You haven't ever used one and if you did, you have hilariously small hands and the grip strength of a toddler so I wonder why you're advocating for a camera that requires a star quarterback's thumb reach to use the array of buttons on the top
>because they're made of recycled plastic
No because telecentric lenses can be smaller and lens tech has improved a lot since the DSLR days. You're looking at minor gains in optics and major gains in in-lens electronics.

>>4133577
You have never once posted a photo while namefagging so it's a reasonable assumption to make, that you are a schizophrenic boomer trolling /p/ because he's mad at new technology for existing and making his 400 camera collection feel inadequate.
>>
>>4133580
>he's mad at new technology for existing
He has a GH6 + 100-400 too. He just trolls as every brand except fuji since he detests fuji for some reason. you'll see that very consistent across all cinecanontom posts
>>
>>4133581
>he has a GH6
I'd hate mirrorless too if I was stuck with that piece of shit.
>>
>>4133579
so, do you agree that cinefag is indeed Tom?
>>
>>4133588
I’m Tom
>>
>>4133590
So, Tom, why do you keep coming back to 4chan even though everyone hates your guts and especially after getting permabanned? And why do you act like an anti-gearfag when you are peak gearfag?
>>
>>4133579
I never owned a Rebel in my life. My lowest end Canon was an Elan. Sorry to disappoint but I'm not Zach.
>>4133580
Wall of cope and telecentric lenses tend to be heavier because there's more optical path correction involved, they have to bend light harder.
>small hands
Didn't know I was talking to Marco Rubio.
>top array
You operate those with your index finger not your thumb, the uppermost thumb buttons are for movie/stills mode, REC, AF-ON, AE Lock and AF point selection. You are the one who never handled a 6DM2. I actually tried the a7IV on Best Buy and it was every bit as crappy as I imagined it would be. It's like a toy you get before you grow up enough to use a real camera.
>>
File: huh?.png (119 KB, 1363x394)
119 KB
119 KB PNG
This janny action strikes me as odd.

Are we not allowed to complain about our gear? Or are gear flamewars disallowed? Why are there 12 other gear flamewars still up then?

Would be cool: Janny just deletes every gear thread no exceptions or considerations, if gear thread = delete, no warns no bans.
Not cool: janny is protecting pentaxians hurt feelings while letting the rest of the board rot
>>
>>4133596
>I really don't like the OVF
lol once again based reflex cameras separating men from soiboys
>>
>>4133596
If jannies just rangebanned vegas you'll see at least 50% less gearfag posts
>>
>>4133595
>It's like a toy
Did you get confused and start talking about the dinosaur canon with limited use cases (photographing in the siberian winter)

>>4133596
>The lens is too soft
Many such cases with pentax full frame. God damn the lens catalog is awful for K mount. If they were going to have no sharp lenses they should have reduced the MP count to try and squeeze more dynamic range out.
>>
>>4133597
>soi: the screen hurts my eyes and makes me dizzy and its not what real photographers from the black and white leica days used so its bad
>man: The EVF is the best tool for the job.
>>
>>4133597
I can't blame anyone for disliking a DSLR OVF. Modern focusing screens are thick and hard to discern detail with because they're strongly optimized for brightness and can't confirm focus worth a shit. Even the mirrors are less reflective than they were originally to allow for the AF sensors operation.

Using a pre-AF camera's OVF is a luxurious experience in comparison, while a modern OVF is like the worst of both worlds, just the bastard child of a technological limitation. Only better than early EVFs, but modern ones are more than sufficient if you disable exposure preview (which on many cameras is stop-down preview that fucks your shit up past f5.6).
>>
>>4133599
>Did you get confused and start talking about the dinosaur canon with limited use cases (photographing in the siberian winter)
You got it the other way round, the other cameras that can't handle tough conditions are the ones with limited use cases. The 6D can do even better than them in normal conditions.
>Many such cases with pentax full frame. God damn the lens catalog is awful for K mount. If they were going to have no sharp lenses they should have reduced the MP count to try and squeeze more dynamic range out.
That's the dumbest crap I've heard. A higher resolution sensor always gives more resolution for the total system, you squeeze more resolution out of a soft lens with a higher res sensor. You can even see this at lab tests.
>>4133600
>EVF
>best tool for any job other than video
At that point just buy a camcorder, even Sony has a good one there: PXW-Z190. Panasonic also has a good one, HC-X20.
>>4133607
I don't know man, I've seen Saturn's rings on the focusing screen of my 5DM3 with a 400mm. I could barely make them out because 400mm isn't a lot, but I saw them. Sure, some older OVFs are brighter but brightness was never an issue for me. I do have better night vision than most people though. I find split prism designs to be darker overall.
>>
>>4133596
The K1-II isn't THAT bad is it? Sounds like skill issue to me.
>>
>>4133740
It has the worst AF ever put in a modern DSLR, a flimsy hot shoe, and turns shadows purple
>>
>>4133745
A poor craftsmen blames his tools
>>
>>4133752
A poorer one buys a dull chisel with a wobbly handle that snaps in half and leaves purple smudges on the wood to begin with. Especially when a perfectly normal chisel costs less money.

Make not an excuse for simple inadequacy. There is a such thing as a bad purchase.
>>
>>4133757
Mine works fine
>>
>>4133745
Your husky looked more alive and more tridimensional in the Pentax pic
>>
File: 1673389284749.jpg (503 KB, 2000x1335)
503 KB
503 KB JPG
>>4133745
This was the best pic you posted so far

Equipment MakeRICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD.
Camera ModelPENTAX K-1
Camera SoftwarePENTAX K-1 Ver. 2.00
PhotographerJoe Mammah
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)43 mm
Image Width2000
Image Height1335
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2023:01:01 17:22:03
Exposure Time1/125 sec
F-Numberf/3.5
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating9000
Exposure Bias-1/2 EV
Metering ModePattern
Focal Length43.00 mm
Image Width7360
Image Height4912
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeClose View
>>
>>4133778
>>4133775
Now you're getting tomfag levels of schizophrenic. I don't own a husky. That image does, however, suffer from purple shadows unless your dog, coat, and shoebench all have a magenta tint. ISO 9000 is way out of range for acceptable image quality for that camera.
>>
i cant believe cinefag turned his dog purple
>>
File: 1661356868884.png (627 KB, 2535x1180)
627 KB
627 KB PNG
>>4133332
Come on, no need to keep hiding it. We know that you own basically every system except Fuji. That A7m4 looks like a good upgrade from your previous A7m2 at least.
>>
File: 1675123168829055.jpg (2.33 MB, 2000x1334)
2.33 MB
2.33 MB JPG
>>4133778
You did a better job on this one.

Equipment MakeSONY
Camera ModelILCE-7RM3
Camera Softwaredarktable 3.8.1
PhotographerJoe Mamma
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)20 mm
Image Created2023:01:30 15:57:24
Exposure Time1/80 sec
F-Numberf/5.6
ISO Speed Rating100
Brightness8.1 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeSpot
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length20.00 mm
Image Width2000
Image Height1334
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
ContrastNormal
SaturationLow
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>4133802
I didn't.
But that pic is shittier than the one from the Pentax.
>>4133789
My bad I thought you were the husky guy because he's been seething about Pentax due to user error he refuses to admit.
>>
>>4133800
>HD Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8

>>4133778
>Focal length 43mm
Odd number. Zoom confirmed.

Did your mkII break?
>>
>>4133806
kek
>>
File: 1669758523103.png (309 KB, 1124x1091)
309 KB
309 KB PNG
>>4133806
>>Focal length 43mm
>Odd number. Zoom confirmed.
probably not. you know how someone keeps shilling this lens on this board? it's basically a staple for any die hard pentax fan.
>>
>>4133810
Tell your dog I said hi and please stop taking pictures of him at ISO 9000. That's just ugly.
>>
>>4133805
I’m not. I’m the nikon shill. Nikon DSLRs and mirrorless are way better than anything you aka canon aka tom shill. I’ll even recommend a fuji over that shit.
>>
>>4133757
No, poorer ones buy used high quality chisel sold by poor craftsmen who decided to quit after failing too many times.
>>
File: 1653061399269.jpg (290 KB, 1507x1080)
290 KB
290 KB JPG
The new Sony GM is going to be half the size of the new Bigma.

They will only be able to compete on the pricing.

Camera Softwarepaint.net 4.2.7
>>
Sirui W 2004 or 2204?
>>
What does ISO stand for?
>>
File: 1-7R309018.jpg (2 MB, 2000x1334)
2 MB
2 MB JPG
>>4133805
>user error
wanted a 20mm, it was either ancient and kind of shit and $400 or newer over $1000 for a 21mm, and this cheaper sony 20mm is better anyways
wanted a 40mm, there was only an ancient kind of shit meme 43mm for over $300
the 70-200's focus breathing at close focusing distances sucks
kind of disappointed with IQ from the tamron 24-70, just don't like it
don't like the colors that much
pentax k1 AF can't into subjects moving towards the camera, would be almost okay with catch in focus but you have to turn of back button focus to use it, and the AF/MF switch on the body also disables CIF. you need an AF/MF switch on the lens, or quick shift and a little focus ring/half press dance to use it. pentax doesn't put these on every lens. it should work with the body in MF mode right? nope. AF tracking on canon and nikon DSLRs is a lot better anyways.
live view was a joke. focus peaking made the histogram/highlight alert useless.
pentax hates aperture rings now for some reason and their aperture ring placement is awkward to begin with
magic "3d pop" with pentax lenses doesn't exist, no one with an opinion worth caring about has pointed it out.

tldr if it were a canon or nikon DSLR it probably would have worked out better but sony is cool too and this was $600 for 420 megapenors

>>4133802
thanke.
>center dog
>paw out of frame
>get whole dog in frame
>dog off center
>moving camera around
>ground is ice, slip a little
>dog walks off
fug

Equipment MakeSONY
Camera ModelILCE-7RM3
Camera Softwaredarktable 3.8.1
PhotographerJoe Mamma
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)20 mm
Image Created2023:02:01 18:15:52
Exposure Time1/200 sec
F-Numberf/5.6
ISO Speed Rating100
Brightness8.0 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeAverage
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length20.00 mm
Image Width2000
Image Height1334
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
ContrastNormal
SaturationLow
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>4133896
I Shouldn't Oblige

the higher it is, the less likely it is that you should be taking a photo
>>
>>4133900
You have no idea what you are talking about
>>
>>4133903
i owned the camera. i used it every day. it sucked. everyone on earth using a canon or a nikon and a few retards on 4chan recommending a little known pentax should have been a hint.

then surprise the camera a few retards on 4chan hate is actually good
>>
File: D810_beauty.jpg (899 KB, 3000x1950)
899 KB
899 KB JPG
>>4133900
>if it were a canon or nikon DSLR it probably would have worked out better
Based and correct.

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS-1D Mark II
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2014 (Macintosh)
PhotographerDavid Michael Productions
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2016:05:11 14:55:40
Exposure Time1/200 sec
F-Numberf/4.0
ISO Speed Rating800
Lens Aperturef/4.0
Exposure Bias-1.3 EV
Metering ModePattern
Focal Length50.00 mm
Image Width3000
Image Height1950
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceManual
>>
>>4133905
Well if some guy on 4chan said so it must be true!
>>
>>4133900
>focus peaking made the histogram/highlight alert useless.
So I was correct, user error.
>tldr if it were a canon or nikon DSLR it probably would have worked out better but sony is cool too and this was $600 for 420 megapenors
Flat image though.
>>
>>4133911
Check DMs
>>
>>4133911
IDK if your mk II's firmware is different, but on the regular K1, the histogram and highlight alert are based on the jpeg preview in live view, so focus peaking flashes red and makes the histogram look like something is overexposed
>flat image though
"no one with an opinion worth caring about"
>>
>>4133911
>Big list of things that are not user error
>Singles out one thing that barely qualifies as user error
Classic tom
>>
>>4133900
>pentax hates aperture rings now for some reason and their aperture ring placement is awkward to begin with
For a good reason, they're a piece of obsolete technology that has no use. I don't know why they keep including them. Everyone has moved on. Nikon ditched them with the G lenses, Canon ditched them back in 1987 with the introduction of the EOS line. The only reason I can imagine is muh backwards compatibility.
>tldr if it were a canon or nikon DSLR it probably would have worked out better but sony is cool too and this was $600 for 420 megapenors
It would have probably worked out just as bad, you're too stupid for reflex.
>>
>>4133900
Based hasphoto making the two worst nophotos on /p/ seethe
>>
>>4133914
That is the case for every live view out there including mirrorless, it's why uniWB is a thing. That's why Nikon Z shooters are using uniWB too, the histogram is based on the JPEG. You're supposed to use spot metering, meter for the midtones and call it a day. Or use matrix metering. User error.
>>
>>4133915
It's Thom
>>
>>4133917
I'm not seething, just shocked at his incompetence.
>>
>>4133917
I don't post photos in gear threads dumbass. Here is my thread
>>4133823
>>
>>4133918
alright here you go. focus peaking on max, white, histogram not clipping. no zebras on the peaking either. it was an annoyance, not a horrible obstacle, so its funny you're overly focused on this one thing like it makes the camera good all of a sudden
>>
>>4133921
kek houseplants
>>
>>4133916
>For a good reason, they're a piece of obsolete technology that has no use.
>You can't change the aperture with that wheel, use this wheel instead!
Autism
>>
File: Sigma_DP3.jpg (711 KB, 3866x2108)
711 KB
711 KB JPG
How do the Quattro sensors compare to the X3's?
Do they fall somewhere between a lower and higher resolution X3 stack in terms of image quality and colour fidelity?

Equipment MakeOLYMPUS IMAGING CORP.
Camera ModelE-M5MarkII
Camera SoftwareVersion 1.0
PhotographerPicasa
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Horizontal Resolution350 dpi
Vertical Resolution350 dpi
Image Created2015:06:26 13:38:26
Exposure Time1/160 sec
F-Numberf/14.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating200
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length45.00 mm
Image Width3866
Image Height2108
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Gain ControlLow Gain Up
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Unique Image ID59359901a40fdb26dbc959d47ae87259
>>
I wish I were rich and could rent a bunch of cameras for a week.
>>
>>4133918
>>4133923
Kek why do people pretend to know how cameras they don’t own work
>>
>>4133929
I always love Quattro's design.
I just love loooooooooooooong techs.
>>
New >>4134025
>>
>>4134001
Me too, friend.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.