[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/p/ - Photography

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 50 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Have you ever been made fun of for taking photos?
Today I was photographing these Yucatan Jay's and some guy that was passing by said something like "look at this guy taking photos of stupid birds"

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS Rebel T7
Camera SoftwareAdobe Lightroom 8.0.1 (Android)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/5.7
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Created2022:11:23 20:19:02
Exposure Time1/1250 sec
F-Numberf/5.6
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating3200
Lens Aperturef/5.6
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length300.00 mm
>>
Some nignogs called me a faggot while they were biking past me while i was taking a pic of a corvid.
Another time some sandnigs in a car yelled some insulting things i couldnt fully understand while i was taking a pic of an inflatable dolphin on the street.
>>
>>4103642
next time use your biggest and most manly lens to bash their head in
>>
>>4103642
Were you in a zoo?
>>
No but one man once wished me "excellent photographs"
>>
File: portra800.jpg (182 KB, 1080x1350)
182 KB
182 KB JPG
to be honest, no.

its common for women to comment on how "cool" my AT-1 looks
there are a few groups of black dudes around here who shoot street and they usually just use their friends as props to set up cool photos, they're always chill and love to talk about gear.

even with the a540 digicam I get people looking at the LCD screen saying "ohhh that's a good shot!"

t. palm beach
>>
File: 000087240005.jpg (3.43 MB, 3130x2075)
3.43 MB
3.43 MB JPG
Some dudes wanted to fight me because I was taking some shitty photos with my Minolta XD-5 just to see if it worked and they saw me photograph two women.

I got on my bicycle and rode the fuck out of town while they chased me for a bit.

Equipment MakeNORITSU KOKI
Camera ModelEZ Controller
Camera SoftwareEZ Controller 7.20.004 (200730)
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width3130
Image Height2075
>>
I like to shoot couples and look directly in the dude eyes with a shit eating grin.
No one has ever told me anything lmao
>>
>>4103642
no lol you must be one ugly mf
>>
>>4103642
Why do people stop before you camera so you take a shot and nod their head? That's awkward.
>>
I've been made fun of taking pics by coworkers and my boss most of the times, it happens that I bring my camera at work sometimes so I can go shoot after work and they keep mockingly telling me that I'm going to be a pro or asking me when I'm going to open my own studio...

I just smile and keep doing the minimum, using work time to plan my photography project
>>
>>4103642
No but people often ask me to take a photo of them.
>>
>>4103642

That’s exactly what I’m thinking in my head walking around the shopping mall looking at all the idiots buying all their mindless shit.
Nothing wrong with shooting birds but it is slightly cringe if you are just doing it around your neighbourhood instead of going to a nature area.
>>
>>4103662
No, I live in a tropical town in Mexico called tulum
>>
>>4103741
Anon, they're rooting for you, why are you always so paranoid
>>
>>4103781
Oh. That's just because Mexico is a macho shithole. Fuck that country.
>>
>>4103787
Joto
>>
File: 2022_1121_14505800-01.jpg (3.06 MB, 4082x5773)
3.06 MB
3.06 MB JPG
This shot got me into some trouble yesterday. I was walking around the cemetery taking the occasional photo when some dude on the hill nearby yells something and then sprints towards me. I put on my friendliest I'm just a dumb photographer, I don't know any better face, but the guy starts immediately ranting at me in Arabic and when it's clear I don't understand a word pulls out his phone calls somebody and tells me to wait. I turn around, decide it's time to get out of there, and he grabs me by the shoulder and keeps telling me to wait.

At that point I told him that if he touches me again I'm going to call the cops. (Felt rather sheepish about it) Still, he followed me all the way out of the cemetery.

Was the shot worth it? You decide.

Equipment MakeFUJIFILM
Camera ModelX-E4
Camera SoftwareSnapseed 2.0
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)41 mm
Image Created2022:11:21 17:29:56
Exposure Time1/125 sec
F-Numberf/16.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/16.0
Brightness9.7 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length27.00 mm
Image Width4082
Image Height5773
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
File: 256.png (25 KB, 489x423)
25 KB
25 KB PNG
>>4103642
>friend has New Years Party
>lots of people æting, drinking, dancing
>I bring my Instax camera for fun & keepsakes
>the rich girls sneer at me and one of them says she has a full-sized Polaroid which is better than my Instax Mini but she just didn't bring it is all
>take photos of the party and my friends anyway
>hand them out to peeps as we go
>cleaning up in the morning most people discarded the photos and left them strewn about
>even my friend's dad who I chatted with all night while helping him with the BBQ didn't take his photo
>>
File: H5BUEzp.jpg (5 KB, 210x157)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
>>4103817
it was 100% worth it if not for the photo at least purely out of principle. fuck that behaviour forever.
>>
>>4103642
who cares what are you a pussy
>>
>>4103817
crop to square or 6x7 ratio, increase exposure and contrast, then yea maybe it's worth something.
>>
File: 1662504371718665.jpg (482 KB, 1000x802)
482 KB
482 KB JPG
>>4103827
it could be worse anon.

you could have taken a photo for someone you care about,
and really taken your time with it,
and tried your best to make it for their aesthetic,
and chose a subject that they have personally cared for,
and printed it out,
and written a pun about the photo on the back so they could smile.

and then there's no smile.
there's no nothing because they wanted you to give them something else that you aren't able to give.
and maybe there are some more but now you just have to throw them out because now you know they shouldn't exist

Equipment Makesamsung
Camera ModelSM-G930V
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2015 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.7
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)26 mm
Image Width4032
Image Height3024
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Image Created2017:09:22 15:34:07
Exposure Time1/4 sec
F-Numberf/1.7
Exposure ProgramNormal Program
ISO Speed Rating1250
Lens Aperturef/1.7
Brightness-5.9 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length4.20 mm
Image Width1000
Image Height802
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Unique Image IDC12QSJK01SM
>>
File: batty.png (902 KB, 1080x720)
902 KB
902 KB PNG
>>4104494
I guess. I did give a triptych which took me 3 months to capture to a friend once and he doesn't have it up anywhere. I've literally never seen it again, it's not on display in any room in his house.
>>
>>4104509
well anon I've shown that same triptych to some of my friends over the years and always received a great response, so I guess you've improved our friendships a little bit. thank you
>>
>>4104521
what do you mean
>>
>>4104537
I first saved a copy of that bat triptych from this board years ago
>>
>>4104713
aah right right. Yeah I have posted it on occasion.

Thanks anon, I appreciate the kind words
>>
>>4104864
Post it again. I'll hang it on my wall.
>>
>>4104866
Well aren't you a dear. It's not very hirez but it's fine for like, A4 size I guess
>>
File: bat_triptych.jpg (173 KB, 599x1200)
173 KB
173 KB JPG
>>4104868
aaaand forgot 'ptych

Image Width599
Image Height1200
>>
When I first began photographing and was more clumsy, ppl passing by may say a few comments. Now I’ve only ever get compliments, but it’s all directed at my camera rather than me. Works out because I can be autistic when it comes to compliments
>>
>>4104509
To be very honest with you anon regardless of how good is this triptych artistically not everyone would hang that in their house for obvious reasons.
>>
>>4104937
I was thinking the same thing. It's a great triptych and anon has every right (I'd say he SHOULD) to be proud of it, but it's not going to lot of people's choice for wall art in their home
>>
>>4104869
What happened to the bat?
Are these taken in the span of 3 months?
>>
File: 1669617914822678.jpg (125 KB, 599x1200)
125 KB
125 KB JPG
>>4104869
Now it looks like it was taken in Mexico.

White Point Chromaticity0.3
>>
>>4105029
Great, now I feel worse from seeing dead animals than I did seeing that dead dog when I was being driven home. Can't you take photos of animals that are alive and even maybe some flowers? Is it the new thing like gorey video games for people to take photos like thos?
>>
>>4105032
Shut the fuck up
>>
>>4105032
Why are tripfag always exceptionally retarded ? Maybe a correlation with the fact that they crave attention so much it is physically impossible for them to post anonymously like litteraly everyone else ?
>>
>>4103642
More or less.
Family / friends always say I'm good and someday will be successful and famous.
They have been saying it for a decade now. I guess at this point it's unintentional mockery.

/p/ is more fair.
>>
Just last week I was walking in the park, looking for an interesting subject, when an old lady coming from the opposite direction looked at me, smiled, said ''a photographer?'' and laughed nervously. I just smiled. She wasn't mocking me, it's just that a big camera makes some people tense and anxious, like she was asking: ''are you going to photograph me?'' or something. I was there for the birds and shit.
>>
>>4104869
I like it and i can imagine certain people hanging it in their room but its not for everyone.
>>
File: Yikes.jpg (70 KB, 571x460)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>>4104869
bruh.. is that a rotting bat....
>>
I've noticed when watching photography videos on youtube that a lot of photographers seem to like wearing silly looking hats that don't really suite them. Is it possible it's actually your hat choice that's making you a target rather than your camera?
>>
I have a lot of people stop and wait for my permission to cross wherever my camera happens to be pointed.
>>
>>4105090
Why are anons always so easy to bait?
>>
>>4105090
It's an attempt to distract from his samefagging and conversations with himself. Just look around how many random trips there suddenly are.
>>
>>4105221
I'll admit one thing, >>4105213 is actually me impersonating Zach. On the other hand my real name isn't Colin but apparently Moop got bullied by someone named that in elementary so when I made him seethe he came up with that name after unsuccesfully trying to dox me twice. Someone else namefagged as Colin shortly after and then I thought "why not embrace the meme? I earned it" and started doing it.
>>
>>4105223
Then you are just as fucked up and stupid as he is.
>>
>>4105182
>photography videos on youtube
>photographers
they arent photographers, they are youtubers
>>
>>4105227
Then explain why other youtubers don''t wear those funny hats.
>>
>>4104869
>>4104509
>Why don't you put my photos up clarice?
>i spent 3 months taking pictures of that bat.
>do you have any idea how much work it was to get the framing and exposure the same every time?
>i spent days watching that bat decompose, clarice. days. for you.
>i would like it if you appreciated my hard work.
>>
File: 1665741016314118.jpg (120 KB, 1080x979)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
>>4105213
>>4105223
What in tarnation are you talking about
>>
>>4105182
>>4105223
I think some sort of schyzo is samefagging in this thread
>>
>>4105233
>t. silly hat wearer
>>
>>4103642
No, but people watch me when I'm crouched on the ground taking photos of animals. People aren't used to seeing other people do that. Most animal shots seem to work out better when you're low. Angle is better, compositions are better, subject isolation is better, etc. Makes bystanders curious about what's going on over there.
>>
>>4105236
I always wear a hat with a wide brim when I take photos outdoors. Keeps the sun out of my eyes and the brim shadows the LCD when I've got it flipped upwards with the camera close to my body for low shots or shot from the hip. Wonder if that's why other people wear hats.
>>
>>4105236
Don't answer to me, i wear average looking hats, and I don't talk to shyzos
>>
>>4105239
>I don't wear silly hats, I swear!
>>
File: meds.png (2 KB, 353x59)
2 KB
2 KB PNG
>>4105233
I think your meds are overdue
>>
>>4104937
>>4104993
>>4105172
>>4105178
>>4105229
yes yes it's a bat that died in the old telephone lines in the alley but it stayed there for months and became something of a neigjbourhood curiosity. First snap was probably about a week in, and then my housemate (the friend in question) said that it happens every couple years and they stay stuck up there for months slowly getting sunbleached and falling apart. so I made the plant to take another photo in a month. got 3 before it fell into the road and got smüshed.

NOW in regards to having a friend put this up on a wall, yes you are all 100% correct that most people would not, unless they were either comfortably morbid or enjoyed having shocking/trolling items on display. my friend has a pepe doll, a portrait of trump, a couple gaudy statues of jesus framed photos of weird shit like burt reynold's playgirl centerfold, etc. he has this whole weird shrine to troll people because to him entertainment is triggering people; especially friends of friends and acquaintances who have never been to his house before.

in this whole hodgepodge of display shelves and hanging pictures there was no spot next to MAGA jesus for my triptych? I MEAN COME AHN
>>
>>4105247
He’s not trolling and now he thinks you’re part of the illuminati. Dead bats are one of their motifs. They exchange dead bat imagery all the time do you really expect him to not know that about us?
>>
>>4105249
Do you really thinks he doesn't know all that ? Do you really think a random person would get upset because his friend doesn't put his dead bat triptych on the wall ? Do you wear silly hats ?
>>
Been confronted by angry residents who think I'm taking photos of their house and a bunch of ricers yelled something at me from their car one time in Budapest when I was setting up for long exposure but I don't understand Hungarian so no idea what their problem was. That's about it. My biggest annoyance are curious people disturbing me because they want to know about the camera and tell me their life story about how they too had a film camera once.
>>
File: geeps_tfh.png (51 KB, 261x336)
51 KB
51 KB PNG
>>4105249
>>4105252
I had no idea
>>
A few weeks ago when the blood moon eclipse thingy was on I went out to try and take photos at a nice coastal place near home and some woman with teenage kids came around and all of them were super hyped about my camera on tripod setup and thought it was really cool because their phones couldn't really take pictures of the moon.
I took her email and sent her a picture later because she wanted one (she never responded thanks or anything and also only one of my photos turned out decent because I'm still new to photography lmao)
Still was surprised to see people interested though.
>>
>>4103642
Don't worry, he made fun of the birds, not you.

>be out if town and arrive back home by train
>pick up my tripod I had lent to a friend on the way to my flat
>my travel backpack is also a camera backpack, so I attach the tripod on the backpack
>friend lives in the shady part of town
>train was late, already dark
>get approached by a group of teenage thugs
>hey cameraman, take a picture of us
>tell them that I didn't have a camera with me
>sure cameraman, but you have a tripod, take a picture of us
>tell them again: no camera, which was the truth
>get threatened by a kitchen knife to empty my backpack
>only dirty laundry and some books
>haha cameraman can't afford a camera
>they throw around my clothes and leave, still laughing
>>
>>4105228
Other YouTubers don't have to leave their house
>>
>>4105271
> Implying you don't need to wear a silly hat at home
>>
File: 1297199080171.png (106 KB, 830x974)
106 KB
106 KB PNG
>>4103642
>>
>>4103827
Americans and their halfassed definition of "friends" lol
>>
nah, people mostly ask me to take pictures of them. got quite a lot of pussy from it as well.

but with all due credit, taking bird pics is kind of gay
>>
>>4103781
Yo. I live in Mexico too. Used to live in Playa del Carmen but now in the interior. Still have lots of friends in PDC.

What are some good places to shoot birds in Tulum? Im heading there for Christmas
>>
File: 1669365418665272.png (26 KB, 489x423)
26 KB
26 KB PNG
>>4106293
your assertion is uncorrekt
>>
>>4106894
well in any case get real friends, not these clowns

have a nice weekend, anon-kun
>>
>>4106927
thanks anon. I guess my first new friend shall be you :3
>>
>>4105032
Some people like to capture the light in life, others like to capture the dark in life. Stop being such a whiny faggot.
>>
>>4106884
Muyil is a nice place, also you could take a tour in Sian kaan, maybe you will even see spoobills

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.