[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/p/ - Photography

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 14 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Anyone else just sort of lost interest in going out and shooting cool pics for fun since the AI stuff came out? Don't get me wrong, I think the AI stuff is crazy cool, just kinda feel like it devalues "pressing the shutter button" even more so than before.

Pic related, probably 1 of maybe 3 pics I've taken I can say I like
>>
>>4102714
Man, shut the fuck up. If a robot kills your interest then figure it out yourself. Robots have little to no effect on my interest in taking photos.
>>
>>4102725
Valuable post
>>
No. You got cucked by a robot. I enjoy taking photos because I enjoy TAKING photos. Getting a good looking pic I actually like is just a bonus. If I just liked looking at nice pictures I’d just look at other peoples all the time or gay AI shit. Aka cuck shit.
>>
>>4102725
>>4102735
worthless posts
>>4102714
yes, ai made photo obsolete, it conjures all the top artists and gives you already a well composed perfectly lit awesome pic. nobody wants to make ugly and bad pics, no matter how the copers above say they do it "for themselves".
>>
I dont take orders from machines
>>
>>4102714
Nah, I still love shooting the same way I still like trying to play an instrument. Shit hits different when you do things yourself or for yourself.
>>
>>4102736
t. robot
>>
>>4102736
If AI made your photos obsolete that's not my problem
Stop posting bait
>>
>>4102739
>t. obsolete
>>4102740
different opinion =/= bait, pal.
>>
>>4102746
>n-no, it's not bait!
Oh, come on, man. This basic thread idea has been floating around for months now. "le phorgtogtraphy is obsolte!" "Ai make a bettre picutre than me (and (You))!"
If it's not bait then congrats, you coincidentally stumbled upon the same thread idea as dozens of other bait posters. Very crazy coincidence! At this point, AI threads are almost as tired and played out as brand threads.
>>
>>4102750
op here, the intent was not to make this an "ai" thread, though obviously it was doomed to go that direction. DESU i have other hobbies which also feel watered down and pointless now. tl;dr i need to seek therapy and touch grass

probably just answered my own question
>>
>>4102752
>not doing things just because you enjoy it
>have to do things to for some kind of gain
The eternal anglo
>>
>>4102714
Shill thread. AI generation has never produced anything of value unless you were a mediocre cartoonist, because that shit was already very formulaic and artificial.

If you want to fear AI, fear the day AI starts holding the camera, because reality has value, and mirrorless cameras have very much enabled AI to do a great job at that.
>>
>>4102752
>i need to seek therapy and touch grass
Why though, youre in the right. Photo is obsolete, graphic design too, drawing, etc. Its healthy that youre being honest about it.
>>
dead hobby, dead board

it sure rhymes
>>
>>4102764
Is there even a point in any creative activity at all? All will be automated in just few years by AI. Everyone will just get their own pretty content that they want served on silver platter by bot.
>>
You guys are pathetic
>>
>>4103056
By the time photogaphy can be faked AI development will be severely banned for all the fake videos of biden declaring nuclear war on russia and fake photos of putin dicking his dogs
>>
>>4103061
Yeah, that wont happen. Besides, you cant ban AI program that somebody can just download on their devices. Cant even ban the research for AI because West is now in race war with China over AI research, so banning anything AI related or even regulating it is just giving chinese more power, or at least that in the eyes of politicians. Also, how is deepfake technology making fake news going? Twitter was able to spread all kinds of misinformation around the globe for a day and not that many things happened, the worst thing that happened was one big company losing 5% of its value.
Its almost as if people were well aware of obviously fake news, and that the only ones who can make fake news are news sources that the media already trusts anyway.
>>
>>4102746
>>4102736
Retard. If you only do photography for the end result then that’s what you are. A RETARD. Fuck off and leave my hobby alone. PS this will be my last post in this thread. Also saged.
>>
>>4102714
The whole point of getting those shots for me is going out and experiencing and seeing whatever it was I pointed my camera at. Taking little road trips with my camera and getting something fun out of it is what's kept me going for so long. Especially now that everything else in my life is fucking terrible.
>>
>>4102714
What is the connection between AI (or rather neural networks) being able to generate photorealistic images and your own photography? If I sit in the woods for a couple hours waiting to get a nice shot of a bird or other animal, go home empty handed multiple times, all that makes the final picture all the more rewarding. I can print it, hang it on my wall and be reminded that I managed to get that picture. Same with most other things most amateur shoot. Portrait, nude art, street, landscape etc. It's about you getting the shot you want.

Unless you make your income from stock photography I do not think professionals have to worry too much either. No one is gonna "AI" their wedding, or the shots of the new product. Wildlife and landscape is also strongly bound to reality.

All in all it seems it won't affect most ppls photography much, especially not amateur photography which is about the enjoyment of it, not about the question if this could be generated by a neural network (probably a pro could take a better shot than you as well, does that stop you?)
>>
Ai will kill the arts soon as the tech evolves but it’s not there yet. Enjoy now and being the last humans in history who still have a chance to create art.

Remember the camera is already a machine that destroyed painting.
It will in turn be destroyed by ai with the ability to create anything imaginable without it actually needing to happen which is a big limit of photography.
>>
File: g7r6i9neh62a1.png (2.02 MB, 1024x768)
2.02 MB
2.02 MB PNG
>>4103729
You can all enjoy the hobby of Novel photography but it's going to go the way of dodo bird n no matter how much you cope.
Anyone here who does photography for a career especially stock images are going to be the first ones to get the ROPE. Even pro wedding photography will be a thing of the past as AI can post edit images to the point you can create whatever narrative you want (i.e no need to travel to location for a shoot) don't believe me? Go look at /g/ and see image input AI to output (img2img) and you will understand what I mean (it's also where all the thumbnail memes are coming from).
Even sports and news photography will start getting more and more AI generated both in situ and post.

And just so you are aware everyone inducing yourself is going to kid themselves into believing that whatever photo work you do is the exception to the comming paradigm shift and that is unequivocally unique.
tick tock.
>>
AI is going to make film photographers so much fucking money it’s not even funny.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.