[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/p/ - Photography

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 120 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Old thread: >>4093693

You guys ever just feel like selling all your expensive gear and going back to basics?
All your expensive shit isn't making you any better at photography.
>>
As a tourist with a6400, should i get sigma 18-50 2.8 or 56 1.4?
>>
File: DSC_0916.jpg (61 KB, 1000x750)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
My cam got a bit wet last night, hope it's not too bad. It didn't rain but it was very misty

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeSony
Camera ModelXQ-BT52
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.8
Sensing MethodNot Defined
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width1000
Image Height750
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2022:11:14 20:08:56
Exposure Time1/17 sec
F-Numberf/1.8
Exposure ProgramNormal Program
ISO Speed Rating1222
Lens Aperturef/1.8
Brightness-2.8 EV
Exposure Bias-0.7 EV
Metering ModeCenter Weighted Average
Light SourceD65
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length4.05 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1000
Image Height750
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>4100212
No, I sold all my old gear and minimized down to one set of modern gear.
>>
File: IMG_3750.jpg (2.04 MB, 3988x2171)
2.04 MB
2.04 MB JPG
>>4100220
What did you go for? Modern gear has hardly any soul.
>>
I'm currently using a Sony WX500 for a very specific use case, which is shooting pictures in aircraft museums (both indoor and outdoor) as well as some landscapes. I love how compact this camera is, the powerful zoom and the light weight, but I'm often meeting its limitations.

What could substitute it to bring me sharper pictures with more detail? I'd be willing to sacrifice some of its compactness/lightness as well as the zoom, or some of it. It would be a huge bonus if the new camera was somewhat capable at astrophotography.

I'd hovering on the 400-600€ mark, new or second hand.
>>
>>4100233
Have you considered the Panasonic LX100 or LX100ii? I find that it's kinda underrated and cheap for what you get.

Do you work in the aircraft museum?
>>
File: 1659274777078.png (1.68 MB, 1920x855)
1.68 MB
1.68 MB PNG
help me choose pls
>>
>>4100242
I'd get the Minolta
>>
>>4100245
ok thanks
why?
>>
>>4100246
Don't buy 3-digit film Canons when 2-digit models can be had for under $30
>>
>>4100254
gotcha
>>
>>4100242
Do you need autofocus? The X700 is such a based camera if not.
>>
>>4100215
I'd get the 18-50 2.8, would be more flexible for travel.
>>
kek retard
>>4098991
>>4098991

and no because i am not a release chasing snoyfag that masturbates to charts and am actually grounded in reality. reminder for all you sharpness and megapickel fags: viewing distance. print size.

>>4100216
>not a weather sealed lens
>external zoom and focus
F
>>
>>4100215
What do you have, and what do you intend to use the new lens for? I don't have much use for an 85mm-ish equivalent focal length, so I would get more use out of the 18-50, but maybe your needs are different from mine.
>>
File: pixsize1.jpg (72 KB, 575x430)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>>4100301
>i mostly post babby sized jpegs on instagram let me tell you why you need a 60 megapickel snoy and a $4000 zeiss lens for ultimate sharpness
the only thing we should all agree on is that MFT is a pointless fashion-based decision in 2022, just use an APSC camera and crop a little, it's actually cheaper
>>
>>4100308
APS-C is less than half a stop off from micro four thirds. Cropping 24mp APS-C to micro four thirds yields 16mp which is a negligible difference from the typical 20mp MFT resolution (and would have about 20% less noise and still expose with a little under half a stop more light). 30mp+ APS-C cameras equal and exceed the newest micro four thirds cameras in resolution as well as everything else.

Since APS-C is receiving continued support and bodies with high end features have been released and then gotten cheaper, and there's nearly a quarter century of APS-C lenses for dirt cheap, there is no reason to shoot anything but APS-C - or full frame if you are that autistic about a negligible increase in noise or insist on yueg prints.
>>
>>4100235
>Do you work in the aircraft museum?

I wish! Thanks for the suggestions, I'll look into them.
>>
Got an ef-m camera...now i dont know if i should buy some more lenses for it or invest in a ff with better lens selection.
>>
How do you guys feel about using your smartphone as a monitor solely to review pictures?
Is 1080p resolution enough to look for proper focus?
Are most standalone monitors 1080p or 4k?
>>
File: DSD_0567.jpg (1.82 MB, 5239x3497)
1.82 MB
1.82 MB JPG
Recently got a Nikon Z5 with 40mm f2 to replace my old apsc camera. I want to start shooting portraiture more often and am thinking about branching into doing graduation photos to make a bit of cash on the side. The two lenses I’m looking at are either the 85mm f1.8 or the 28-75mm f2.8 from Nikon. I’m leaning towards the 85 for the extra sharpness, speed, compression, etc. but I’m worried that I won’t have enough versatility for professional shots with the 40/85 setup. Any thoughts/recommendations would be appreciated.
>>
File: imgp1196_v1_1024.jpg (252 KB, 1024x688)
252 KB
252 KB JPG
>>4100301
Das rite, wish I could afford a DA18-135

>>4100308
10MP/12x8" mustard rays

Equipment MakePENTAX Corporation
Camera ModelPENTAX K10D
Camera SoftwareK10D Ver 1.31
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)120 mm
Image Width1024
Image Height688
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Compression SchemeUncompressed
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Image Data ArrangementChunky Format
Image Created2022:04:26 08:48:54
Exposure Time1/200 sec
F-Numberf/13.0
Exposure ProgramCreative
ISO Speed Rating100
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length80.00 mm
Image Width1024
Image Height688
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeMacro
>>
>>4100301
Billboard can be done with 12 MP. Billboards are viewed from far away. What you really need resolution for is indoor murals. 100 MP, or better yet, drum scanned large format.

Physical size doesn’t matter, the angular size at the intended viewing distance does.
>>
>>4100305
I have a 20mm 2.8, so if i buy the zoom i could throw it away i guess. I just want something that won't make my photos look like they're taken with a phone, that's why i was thinking longer focal length.
>>
>>4100487
My favorite focal length is 50mm. I almost never take it off my camera, but I still keep a standard 24-70mm zoom, because sometimes I want something different. If I were in your position, I'd get the zoom for versatility. If you find that you typically shoot at the long end, then go for a longer prime. When I got my first camera, I was advised to start with a 50mm prime. I didn't know about aps-c's 1.5x crop factor, and I ended up frustrated, because it was just awkwardly long for do-it-all lens and I didn't shoot much until I got something shorter. On full frame, I love the 50mm. Anyway, you're not me, and only you know what you want.
>>
I’m used an older lens for an informal family shoot and have genuine trouble telling the 36mp raws from the camera’s 12mp high quality jay-pegs without serious pixel peeps. Is it missed focus, or is the old ass lens just not very sharp wide open?
>>
>>4100538
Maybe a little bit of both?
What lens is it, and are you using an adapter with a corrective lens? Sometimes those can soften the image.
>>
>>4100538
Shooting manual lens wide open guarantees missed focus since your focusing screen is thicker than manual focus screens, is not shimmed in properly and is missing the focusing prisms and microprisms.
>>
File: 1668600668815.jpg (115 KB, 1600x1074)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
>near mint
>>
>>4100623
It doesn’t affect image quality
>>
>>4100627
What does that have to do with a "near mint" grade? That's beyond ugly, it's "as is".
>>
>>4100629
What is your problem? They stated “near” mint, not mint. They just didn’t specify how far it is from mint, but it is near
>>
>>4100631
It's very far, near mint means you need a very careful inspection to determine it's not, in fact, mint.
>>
>>4100640
You must be very fun at parties
>>
>>4100643
says the guy objecting to people saying that's not near mint
>>
>>4100623
All yokes aside I got a Canon P from Japan not too long ago and it's amazing to use. Great little camera.
>max file size is 5MB
>>
>>4100623
there are a few medium dusts
there is not a fungus
it has no basalm separation
it has a tiny crack
no problem in the shooting
>note: medium dusts are fungus
>>
>>4100695
is the camera worth the $200 price though?
>>
File: resize.jpg (2.3 MB, 6000x4560)
2.3 MB
2.3 MB JPG
>>4100742
I think it is. It's my first analog camera after using my A7RIV and I find it very enjoyable. I will need to get a lightmeter though; which will come in soon.
Here's a picture as proof.

>>
>>4100242
I have one of those minoltas, they're surprisingly neat. If you shoot stuff with strict exposure requirements like slide film or ektar it's pretty good.
>>
>>4100745
good to hear
ive been very close on the buy button on one of those for a couple of weeks now
>>
Looking to buy an 85mm (136mm) lens for my APS-C sensor Canon R10. Was thinking of getting a used Tamron SP for $600 and then attaching it using an EF to RF mount. But now just heard about these two options:

> Viltrox 85mm f1.8 AF
Costs $399 brand new from AliExpress (they don't sell them in actual stores anymore due to legal reasons I presume). But will the AF etc still work on them even after Canon banned 3rd party manufacturers from making RF lenses? Would this take better pictures than the Tamron? Apparently the Tamron is similar in class to the f/1.2 L series Canon or the Sigma Art.

> 7artisans 85mm T2.0 CINE
This is a fully manual focusing lens but reviews seem good. Supposed to have a unique look to its images.

Last option is the 85mm Canon (either f1.8 EF or 2.0 RF). I guess Samyang/Rokinon could be put into the discussion as well.

I want great sharpness, beautiful bokeh and good autofocus (well, except in the case of the 7artisans).

Image Width800
Image Height800
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width800
Image Height800
>>
>>4100979
I wouldn’t buy chinacrap or from a chinacrap market
>>
>>4101061
cry about it
>>
>have a lens I plan to buy
>don't need it right away so just paying attention to the offers for almost a year
>2-3 available on the used market in my country at all times during that time
>want to finally buy it now
>previous offers sold, no longer shows up on the used market at all
Well, fuck me.
>>
>>4100979
> Viltrox 85mm f1.8 AF
Are you sure about that? All retailers in my country still have them.
>>
why even two /geat/ threads?
please bros >>4099905
canon p mentioned itt, any better options?
>>
>>4101092
>Are you sure about that? All retailers in my country still have them.
For RF though? I see the RF version as no longer available for most of my retailers. Other mount versions are fine of course.
>>
File: 1646711083193.jpg (1.09 MB, 2048x1368)
1.09 MB
1.09 MB JPG
>>4100215
The Tamron 18-300 is the primary tourist lens.

You want images of those locations for a specific reason.
You want the background to be in focus, you will want to remember those places you visited, not to hide them in background blur.

Hence you're going to be shooting at small aperture for the most part.
And hence the Tamron 18-300 is a more perfect tourist lens than those two.

https://www.flickr.com/groups/14767251@N24/pool/

PhotographerNatassa Sevastidou
>>
>>4101095
Depends on what you are after honestly. Zorki 4K and Canon 7 are also good options, but are more clunky if that makes sense.
Something like a Bessa R would also be great, but those are considerably more expensive now.
>>
>>4101095
One has camera in OP the other is easily looked over
>>
>>4101112
no, RF specifically, see picture from a local price comparison website("dostepny" means available). It's mostly smaller dedicated photo stores, but it's also still available at one large electronics retailer. I googled and I see it available in different stores from Germany to New Zealand. Might just be US that's fucked.

Keep in mind you'll have to email them if you need to update the firmware since they had to remove the download from their website.
>>
>>4101158
bessa r is unfortunately too expensive
>>4101165
not sure i understand
>>
>>4100212
I've almost always later regretted selling gear. Wish I'd just held on to some stuff. There were instances when I haven't. Like selling a 35 1.4 AF-S Nikkor and downgrading to the 35 2.0 AF-D. SO much smaller, lighter, and more pleasant to use. But I miss my 20mm Voigtlander, I miss my 40mm Voigtlander, I miss all of my Ricoh GRs, I miss a bunch of random sync cables, off-shoe flash cords, cable releases, random sized filters, all the miscellany drawer stuff that eventually I needed to repurchase.

But yeah, I didn't really miss leaving the heavy 24-70 behind and going back to primes.
>>
Anybody have experience with the Pentax K-3? Looks like a solidly built camera with decent specs but hows the user experience? Trying to decide between that or a Fujifilm X-T2 that i found a great used deal on. The weather sealing quality is important to me because I'd like to be able to take it on hikes and the area I live in gets a lot of rain and snow.
>>
>>4101405
I had/have a K-3, been using it in rain and snow. What kind of photography do you have in mind?
>>
Just downgraded from full frame to crop sensor Canon and looking for a wide angle lens, or at least something I can use for street photography or to bring with me to a restaurant etc in case I ever wanna take a photo.

Should I get the 10-18mm STM (EF-S), the 24mm EF "pancake" or the 16mm RF? The pancake is cheaper and really small but it's 38mm. The 10-18mm is probably the most interesting but is the heaviest. With the 16mm RF I can avoid using an EF-RF converter but I heard the lens creates extremely distorted images.
>>
>>4101491
I'd go for the native when possible, so 16.
>but I heard the lens creates extremely distorted images.
It optically has a lot of distortion, but that gets corrected in-camera for JPG's or in software for RAW. It's a trade-off of losing a bit of performance on the edges in favor of more compact lens designs. It's not too uncommon either, I can think of quite a few with similar digital correction.
You'll only actually see it if you process RAW and turn off lens corrections.
>>
>>4101491
Tokina 11-16
>>
>>4101494
Thanks. Yeah it'd probably be the best choice. Too bad its much more expensive than the other ones. And I already have the adapter. But it would be the most convenient option.

Decisions, decisions...

>>4101495
Its better than the 10-18 Canon or the 8-16mm Sigma f/4.5-5.6 DC HSM?
>>
>>4101500
Definitely better than the Sigma, don’t know about the Canon
It has excellent colors especially shining during golden hour.
>>
>>4101503
Also it is f/2.8
>>
Anyone used the Saramonic SR-AX100? Want to use it with my Zv-E10 and Sennheiser MK600 just to get a safety track. Is there another way to do that?
>>
It's an eclectic group of cameras but please help me decide.
>>
>>4101526
Are you the anon who asked about the X-T2 and K-3 and I asked what kind of photography you want and didn’t andwer?
>>
>>4101531
Not me no. Wasn't considering the XT2 before. I just do general street and cityscapes. Weathersealing is a big plus and general versatility.
>>
I have an OM-1n and have noticed that 120 film is often the same price as 35mm film, per roll, at least for cheaper stuff like fomapan. What's the OM-1/K1000 (dirt cheap, reliable, all mechanical, ok lens selection) of medium format film cameras?
>>
>>4101536
Kiev 88?
>>
>>4101538
>Ruskiware
>Hipsters want bronica prices for it
Blyat.
>>
>>4100212
is a nikon f4 a good camera for a twit's first film camera?
>>
>>4100212
>You guys ever just feel like selling all your expensive gear and going back to basics?
>All your expensive shit isn't making you any better at photography.
I never bought expensive photo gear because a pro once told me, knowing how to take pictures is better than being a gear whore, so before I even bought my first camera, he advised getting a cheap point and shoot, if I can take decent shots with that, then I'll be much better off with the real stuff. Since then, I've never upgraded my shitty Canon SX620HS, in fact, I like it a lot now. Old digitals with basic optics have a film like quality to them. I suppose the only thing I did upgrade was a CDHK firmware but no lie, I've been wanting a new point and shoot
>>
i finally bought a flash and i'm overwhelmed

this thing has a million features and is fucking blinding. i could use this as a weapon.
>>
Hey /p/! Not a regular on this board, but I'm looking for some gear advice. I've got a Canon EOS Rebel T6 that I'm very happy with (pretty casual hobbiest). Only thing I can't stand is the accompanying app which just doesn't work worth a damn. I'm looking for a Bluetooth dongle to pair with my phone for remote control. Taking pictures from distance. Whatever. Is there a go-to brand or model that you really like? Thanks in advance for any advice.
>>
>>4101531
>>4101405
Sorry anon that was me. The T2 ended up being a bust so I'm probably going with the Pentax or possibly a Nikon D5500 with a weather cover/case, still need to research how effective they are. To answer your question from earlier I'm mainly interested in landscapes and wildlife though im not so serious that I'm going to be camping out places for hours to get the right lighting. There's a lot of other types of photography that im interested in as well so I'm basically just looking for a solidly built camera that takes a nice clear picture and has a pleasant control scheme.
>>
>>4101640
>Nikon D5500
Bad choice, never buy a D5x00
But the comparison is much better now, plastic gimped shit with shitty dark pentamirror vs rugged metal body, weather sealing, ibis, bright and accurate pentaprism etc…
>>
Anyone has the sigma 56mm for efm? Is it worth the price? Already got the 22mm and 32mm.
>>
>>4101693
Never had an issue with the pentamirror myself when I had a D5100. Moved to a 5D Mark III and didn't really notice the difference.
>>4101640
D5300 is the best of the D5x00 bunch
>>
>>4101715
You must have really bad eyesight
>>
Are there usually any decent deals around black friday? I mostly buy used so I didn't pay attention, but there's some stuff I want to buy new, a flash, newer lens, some studio accessories, etc.
>>
>>4101719
Seems some stuff has 10 or 20% discount already
>>
>>4101719
I have never seen as good prices I had buying used stuff. Having spared so much on ebay deals buying some stuff new seems much less of a ripoff
>>
Just sold my X100meme for £1250
Shall I buy this?
>>
>>4101729
I’d try to find a K-5II or IIs
Otherwise if you want to buy it do it. A good lens would be the 20-40 Limited or the 16-85 WR
>>
Is there any cheap(ish) option for a film rangefinder with exposure lock, spot metering, aperture priority mode, fast lens and usable light meter (no selenium)?
>>
>>4101734
The new M6 looks nice
>>
>>4101693
Yeah aside from a couple modern bells and whistles the main advantage of the D5500 is that I can walk into any of my local camera stores and find lenses and other gear for a Nikon camera. When it comes to Pentax theres not a store within 25 miles that sells it and I assume the same goes for repairs.
That said I'm definitely still leaning hard toward the Pentax for the reasons you mentioned.
>>4101715
What do you like about the 5300 over the other models? Also my current camera has the pentamirror and I definitely have trouble with manual focus through the viewfinder at times and especially in low light.
>>
>>4101865
Repairs are always mail-in stuff unless you live in NYC or something. With Nikon, unless your camera or lens was sold new in your country of residence by a nikon authorized dealer, they will NOT repair it. Period. No send-offs. No repairs. They don’t want your kind as a customer. So, be wary. Sony, Canon, Pentax, Fuji, Panasonic, and Lolympus will all repair your camera/lens no matter where it was sold. Go canon or sony.
>>
>>4101866
Oh thats good to know thanks anon. Do you have any Canon or Sony models in mind that fill the same niche as the Pentax? Or are you just recommending those as alternate brands if I want something widespread and accessible?
>>
>>4101950
For me it's the A6400.
>>
>>4101952
What do you like about it? I screwed around with a 6100 that was on display in best buy but I didn't really like how it felt in my hand. Not enough grip and wasn't a huge fan of the controls either.
>>
File: images.jpg (6 KB, 275x183)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>4100212
Is there a good time to buy a new Sony lens? Is there a time of year they go on sale?
>>
>>4102098
B&H black friday deals just started.
>>
>>4102098
Why tho? The old lens already take the same shots of your trashbin and chair back you snoys wank about all the time
>>
what external flash do you recommend for sony a6300? my only expectation is that it won't make shadow of lens - this is why im not satisfied with internal flash. also i would like it to be portable and inexpensive
>>
>>4101961
>small
>cheap (relatively)
>sony lens selection

>>4102113
look at godox aka flashpoint
>>
Anyone experience with the Samyang 75mm 1.8? Thinking of buying one for my Sony A7III because it's on sale now on amazon. Actually wanted to buy the Sony 85mm 1.8 but it would cost double. Also the 75mm is really tiny and light. Would mainly use for portraits, same narrow streets, travel and a little bit of nature. I read some reviews that say it's not so sharp wide open.. but others say it's same sharp as the Sony 85mm.

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop 21.2 (Windows)
PhotographerWALSER
Image Width3000
Image Height3000
Pixel CompositionRGB
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2020:06:20 09:36:15
Image Width702
Image Height336
>>
>>4102222
That would be the perfect casual portrait lens if only they used metal barrel so you get that smooth cold metal feeling when you handle it.
>>
>>4102222
crazy light. get it
>>
>>4101961
>I didn't really like how it felt in my hand
Cameras aren't cocks faggot. It doesn't matter how they feel in your effeminate hands. How they take pictures is what matters.
>>
>>4102287
They take pictures in your hands, lol. And effete hands are the ones suited for handling tiny gripless cameras.
>>
>>4102287
You get it, all these freshly graduated art students think they need a camera with good mouthfeel or something, ridiculous.
>>
>>4102344
It's just posthoc rationalization for their $6000 Leica they take snapshits with
>>
Can someone suggest a prime lens for Sony mirrorless which would be suitable for shooting this PH video viewkey=ph584da0c539c84 ? I think I need something with a shorter focal length, but I'm afraid to go too small and make everything look distorted.
>>
>>4100212
anyone know if a Lexar CFExpress card reader will work with XQD Card?
>>
>>4102123
excuse me?

>>4102113
bump
>>
>>4102364
>ph584da0c539c84
PH has comments section you degenerate, fuck off with that shit here
>>
>>4102375
So what kind of lens is it? I'm a total amateur, but I was thinking maybe something like 15mm f/2.
>>
>>4102239
Are you gay?
>>
>>4102222
Can't decide between this or the 85mm 1.4 for more creamy bokeh
>>
File: 1644556875276.png (221 KB, 500x500)
221 KB
221 KB PNG
I'm looking for a good, affordable native macro lens for fuji. I have a micro-nikkor 55/2.8 with an adapter but I'm tired of the size and it doesn't go to 1:1 unless using tubes (so more bulk). I've been eyeing the laowa 65mm but it's too expensive, what are some good alternatives that get to 1:1 and are not much worse than what I currently have? budget is around 200$
>>
>>4100301
>print size can be reduced to a simple megapickles chart
>t. Retard
>>
>>4100233
>>4100335
If you haven't already gotten a new camera, I'd say to take a look at Panasonic's ZS100 / ZS200 as well.
It's got a smaller sensor than the LX100 and 100 II, but still has a much larger sensor than the WX500, being a 1" vs 1/2.3".
Plus, the ZS100 has a 10x optical zoom compared to the LX100's 3x zoom, though both are less than the WX500's 30x zoom.
Panasonic's competing 30x compact superzoom is the ZS80, which has the same sensor size as the WX500 and likely similar image quality. The ZS80 does have a slightly larger max aperture when shooting wide, but that isn't really enough to make it a worthy sidegrade to your current gear.
>>
File: example.jpg (117 KB, 666x454)
117 KB
117 KB JPG
Hey guys I want to downsize. I want a "wardrobe" with Two digital cams, Two 35mm cams and Two Medium format cams.

I just gave away one of my digitals and I'm selling a whole box of 35mm cams.

My question is, what's a cool and interesting digital camera that I could replace the lx100 with? I already have a large FF workhorse, i just want something cool and interesting that's fun to shoot with. I was looking into the Leica M8 because I could maybe get a Konica Hexar RF to share lenses with. Or maybe a Pentax MX-1 as a premium compact.

Do you guys have any suggestions? I'm not really bound by size or specs, it just has to be a cool camera to use.

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2018 (Windows)
Image Width666
Image Height454
Pixel CompositionRGB
Horizontal Resolution314 dpi
Vertical Resolution314 dpi
Image Created2022:11:21 17:15:56
Image Width666
Image Height454
>>
>>4101543
Mamiya C220/C330? Don’t have one but would be tempted if I found a nice one. I am using a Kiev 60 with a mix of Soviet and Zeiss Pentacon glass. Good results but the thing is as heavy as a T-72. Finicky till I got her ironed out but that is half the fun. My long time go to are any of the Yashica TLRs. No interchangeable lenses but for a hike I don’t like to pack too much. I’m currently mulling a Hasselblad 500 C/M for Xmas so I am basically insane.
>>
N00B Q: Are dual card slots a meme?

My sister is buying a camera to start work as a photographer professionally.

Told her to buy a camera with 2 slots and she said it doesn't matter (she's never had a corruption before).

Should I insist or is she right?
I feel like if I don't I'd be letting her she shoot herself in the foot majorly.
>>
>>4102569
Let her learn the hard way.
>>
>>4102569
Yeah they're a meme for the most part. Just replace the SDs more often, usually lost pics aren't a result of SD corruption anyways.
>>
>>4101706
Pls
>>
Will a gimbal head help me get smooth panning shots of planes? I don't want to buy useless gear anymore but my tripod is begging for the suffering to stop everytime attach this setup to it.

Got my eyes on the leophoto PG-1 and the benro GH5C. Current tripod is a manfrotto befree live.

Camera SoftwareAndroid SP1A.210812.016.G973FXXSGHVI4
Image Width1440
Image Height1823
>>
>>4100212
ND + CPL filter or ND and CPL stacked?
>>
>>4102569
Ideally yes, and most "professional" level cameras have two slots anyways.
There are lots of ways to mitigate the risk like shooting with multiple cameras / cards. Not super necessary for work that's pretty easy to re-shoot, but for weddings it's almost irresponsible not to.
Cards absolutely can and do fail, it's all about how risk averse you are.
>>
>>4102625
False sense of security,
>>
>>4102631
If 2 cards is a false sense of security, then what is this line of reasoning?
>>4102575
>>
>>4102625
I use the two slots for shooting raw and jpeg simultaneously. A lot of the time a shot will be perfectly fine SOOC (sory snoyboys) and if you shoot an event you can whip up a slideshow of highlights in 15 minutes, just take out the correct SD card and all your jpegs are sorted out and ready to go.
>>
Anyone here used the Tamron 70-300 for Sony E or Nikon Z? thinking about picking it up to complement the 24-70 f4 on my Z7, wondering how people like it
>>
>>4102637
>sory snoyboys
y'all fucker have sony living rent free in your head 24/7 don't you?
>>
File: sel18200.jpg (49 KB, 1500x582)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>4100212
I am considering buying one of these Sony SEL18200 18–200 mm F3.5-6.3 OSS lens for my a6000. I want the zoom range and lens sharpness it seems to have. Reviews and owners on forums certainly seem to like them.
https://electronics.sony.com/imaging/lenses/aps-c-e-mount/p/sel18200

Are there any other similar lenses to consider? Higher quality? I want the OSS and don't want auto zoom. I would prefer to stay with the Sony brand for full feature compatibility but may consider other brand lenses if they had better performance or other advantages. If I could go longer in the zoom up to 300mm or more I would. I have seen some Tamron lenses that fit the bill up like the 18-400mm but the reviews aren't as good as the Sony. Seems like the Tamrons are more budget lenses with less sharpness and more chromatic aberration. Some Tamrons have better weather sealing then the Sony lens which doesn't seem to have any weather sealing. This would be a plus for me as the lens will be a travel, camping and hiking lens for me.
>>
>>4102682
Don't do it. It's over a decade old, and from an era when Tamron was not good at making zoom lenses yet.

The current Tamron 18-300 is much, much sharper despite its increased zoom factor.
The lens design software has improved tremendously since 12 years ago.
>>
>>4102682
That is an excellent choice, it is not very advertised but that lens has exceptional image quality especially on the long end.
It is also a rarity and some people will tell you off, it is not every day you can have one for sale and even then at astronomical costs.
Fun fact, the image on the wide end is flat so it is ideal for panoramas and astro starscapes as well.
I say go for it, buy it as soon as you can or someone will swoop in before you.
>>
>>4102718
Liar.
>>
>>4102682
No dont do it. That lens is way to big for a tiny little a6000.
You'll be emasculated and probably embarrassed to be seen in public
>>
>>4102731
*blocks your path*
>>
File: IMGP0235.jpg (24 KB, 604x400)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>4102732
>>
>>4102710
>>4102710
The OSS lens without power zoom isn't the tamron made version. Its a sony made lens. Its still made because it works better than the tamron versions with a sony badge. Post a better alternative if you think you have one.
>>4102731
Its actually not as big as you'd think. It collapses neatly and feels fine on an a6000. I tried one out in a shop. I thought it'd feel clunky but it was more balanced than I expected on the camera. Its not that heavy of a lens.
>>4102718
This is pretty much what I've read. Owners love them for sharpness and versatility. The only way to get more is to carry multiple lenses.
>>4102727
Even if they are they aren't wrong.
>>
>>4102741
>Post a better alternative if you think you have one
I already did.
Tamron 18-300 VXD

>>4102741
>Even if they are they aren't wrong.
Prove it. If you can prove that ancient turd is better than the Tamron 18-300, I will be improssed.
>>
>>4101405
The K-3 has an excellent viewfinder and the controls are very configurable and don't get in the way
>>
>>4102742
>the Tamron 18-300
The Tamron has the issues I posted above, lower quality, less sharp and chromatic aberration. The Sony has non of these issues. The only thing the Tamron has over the Sony is its a longer zoom.
>prove it
Do your own research. Plenty of reviewers have reviewed these lenses. What I am posting here is what they found.
>Older means LE BAD!
Childish take to be honest. The lens isn't even old. It works as good today as it did when released. That is why its still sold even though there is a new power zoom Tamron version with a Sony badge. The Tamron version simply isn't as good as the original. It just has a power zoom for users that take more video than pictures.
>I already did
You didn't post a better lens. You posted an inferior longer lens and ran your mouth. Post something superior or shut it kid.
>>
>>4101405
>>4102745
Don't be baited by bentax shills.

Pentax is dead.

They moved completely into overpriced limited edition lenses and bodies directions. Whatever you'll save on bodies, you'll loose on lenses.
>>
>>4102756
>lower, less
Prove it bro. Show me the comparisons where your 12 year old sony turd outperforms the modern zoom.
>>
>>4102757
if you are buying only pentax brand pentax lenses you're missing the point of buying into a mount that's backwards compatible to 1975. i'd buy maybe two of the high end lenses (definitely get the 28-105, it's very sharp) but fill the rest out with older gear. a lot of the older lenses are still sharp enough for pixel shift on the K1.
>>
>>4102732
what are the psychos over at pentax up to man
>>
So how is the weather sealing on the newer Sony cameras any better than what they used to be?
Couple of years ago this test made me not to get a Sony, but since then the AF of those cameras has gotten so good that I think I need to switch.
https://youtu.be/c7BG74w0gAw
>>
>>4102804
Pretty much the same. Snoy thinks that putting together two pieces of plastic is the same as having a rubber gasket between them.
The only correction they made was to change the wording in the manuals and the online description on explaining the weather sealing, essentially making you lose all warranty if you bring it outside.
This is why you get so many armchair nophoto snoys wanking over charts and trashbin pictures.
>>
>>4102804
Learn to focus, bro
>>
>>4102757
Don't listen to this obsessed anti-Pentax snoy shill, there's plenty of great affordable Pentax lenses
>>
>>4102485
heLLOOOOO??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
>>
>>4100212
are there any 3rd party brands to avoid when buying camera lenses for a pentax camera?
>>
>>4102866
no

you can even adapt some medical optics
>>
What kind of lens do I need for landscape photography? I have an APS-C (Canon R7) camera. I want to go hiking and take some shots. Currently I have a 35mm, a 50mm and a 100mm prime. I assume Im gonna need a wide angle (like 16mm) lens?

But also heard that some people prefer using a standard or even telephoto lens for landscapes, because it can make things in the background look bigger/taller/closer.

Is it worth going on a hike without having a wide angle lens?
>>
>>4102947
A sharp one, especially on the edges and corners. Focal length is a compositional choice. Landscape shots are meant to be blown up big and have a vast effect rather than a framing effect so vignetting and corner/edge softness are your worse nightmare.
>>
>>4102947
Get a sharp standard zoom for now, this will allow you to learn and give you much more leeway in composition. I made the mistake of getting 24mm(full frame) lens for landscape and I barely use it because your entire scene has to be perfect, which rarely happens. If you want to walk around randomly and take good shots, a standard zoom is the way to go.
>>
>>4102947
pentax d fa 28-105mm the best starter landscape lens ever made

it pairs perfectly with the best dslr ever made, the pentax k1 mk1
>>
>>4102947
Anything from 15mm to 200mm, on FF.
>>
>>4102947
For that camera I'd suggest getting the EF 17-50 and the Tokina 50-135, on the EF-R adapter
>>
>>4102819
I know how to focus bro. I have shot events with just manual lenses and those results were good.
Knowing how to focus does not mean that I cant need a faster af for example when I am shooting sports.
>>
>>4102385
>lack of face distortion
it's a 50mm equivalent
>>
>>4102953
>>4102958
>>4102959
>>4102970
>>4102971
Thanks for the tips and suggestions, guys. I'm gonna take my 35mm Sigma Art f/1.4 (56mm on my crop) since this is my sharpest and most expensive lens. And see if I can get any decent shots. Planning on going up a mountain early morning so I can catch the blue light that comes before sunrise. Should be fun.
>>
>>4102385
Yeah its a wide angle lens. Makes your dick look bigger than it actually is.
>>
If my lens is bigger than my camera what's the right way to store it? Is it ok if it rests on the lens a little?
>>
>>4102758
You first queer. You're the one making the claim. Its pretty fucking obvious you are wrong. No review backs up your claims for any lens out there. Quite the opposite all info available online shows Tamrons to be inferior to Sony lenses.
Go ahead kiddo. Fling some more shit into the thread. It won't change the fact that Tamrons are low grade trash for poorfags.
>>
>>4103044
>You're the one making the claim.
Nah, you claimed you had seen comparisons between them.
Old Sony turds from 2012 usually aren't that popular nor good.
>>
Are there any tools/software that can change the look of someone on VIDEO? As in shape of the face, blemish removal etc.
>>
Any suggestions for a canon fl/fd lense for a pentax k mount. I saw something about infinity focus being fucked however apparently theres some adapters that correct it? ant ideas
>>
>>4103235
not an ideal match for adapting
you either have to use a glassless adapter in which case your focus is limited
or you use an adapter with an optical element to correct for that, in which case your image quality is adversely affected
>>
>>4103235
You can only use glass adapters for FD lenses. Some work with it to some extent, some doesn't. It is better to look at Takumar, M and A series vintage lenses if you want something special.
>>
File: 1.jpg (164 KB, 1200x799)
164 KB
164 KB JPG
>tfw they released the tailored-made FF body size for my needs
>they HAD to put a fucking vlogger screen instead of a standard one like in their a6xxx line
GOD FUCKING DAMMIT. And I feel an A7cII won't address this, and I can't see them implementing the A7RV solution, probably too expensive/weighty.
>>
I tried a Phase One XT with the 80mm 2.8 mk2 and the 150mm 4
what an experience that was
>>
>>4103251
>vlogger screen
that would be the a6400, swivel screen like the a7c has are the best and predate vlogging
>>
File: 1.jpg (350 KB, 1800x1013)
350 KB
350 KB JPG
>>4103267
Nice, I didn't know the a6400 had a screen depicted like pic related, feels like the best of both worlds. I could still use it like on the right, and people using cameras for vlogging could use it like on the left. And this solution could be fitting right in an A7cII, as they already did it for the cheaper and smaller a6400.
You restored a bit of hope in me, anon, thanks.

Equipment MakeSONY
Camera ModelILCE-7RM3
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic 8.2 (Windows)
PhotographerDustin Abbott
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.0
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)65 mm
Image Created2019:03:30 12:02:21
Exposure Time1/50 sec
F-Numberf/5.6
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/5.6
Brightness6.0 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length65.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
GPS StatusMeasurement Interoperability
Geodetic Survey DataWGS-84
GPS Differential CorrectionNo Correction
>>
>>4103269
It's a garbage solution that collides with the hotshoe, wtf.
>>
What you guys think of these? I just bought this to flip but it actually seems quite nice. Going to take it to Scotland with me on the weekend.

Horizontal Resolution216 dpi
Vertical Resolution216 dpi
Image Width1280
Image Height1218
>>
Any Canonfags on?

I have a 60D and some old L glass and a niftyfifty, what body do I upgrade to for around 1k dollars?
>>
>>4103269
This picture really makes me appreciate how pentax did the screen on the K1

Hopefully the K1-III comes out and is actually good
>>
>>4103355
I slurp for old canon rangefinders. Got a IID2, a IVS, a L3, and a 7 with a wack of different LTM lenses.
>>
>>4103362
If it is the K-1 with the K-3 III AF it is already golden.
>>
>>4103355
I'd say an R5 but you might only be able to afford a 6D, maybe 6DMkII
You might look for a 7DMkII but that would mean staying with APS-C and the sensor tech won't improve much.
>>
>>4103386
I really don't mind APS-C since my best experience with the 60D has been uber long shots with my 70-200F4 in full daylight. I know my budget excludes me from worthwhile low-light performance gains.
>>
>>4103355
Either the RP or the R10. The only two bodies costing less than $1000. I own the latter myself.
>>
Budget camera for edc: X-M1 or a5000?
>>
>saved your money instead of buying new gear
feels like a cope but at least I still have dosh
>>
I have a Canon 4000d (EOS 3000D or EOS Rebel T100 if you like) and want to use an off camera flash. However these cameras have a stripped down hot-shoe; what trigger/receiver would work?
I hear the Godox XPRO-C is an option..
>>
>>4103643
Unironically you’d be better off with a used 60D, that plastic turd is gimped to fuck
>>
>>4103646
What a pain buying entry-level gear has become, I don't think the 4000d can do a bunch of other stuff too.
Maybe I'll upgrade to a EOS 850D and keep the lenses I have, unless the 850 is also shite.
>>
>>4103655
Don’t go below two digit models. A used 70D will do you much better, the 850D is not that much better features wise from the one you have.
>>
>>4103685
>used
mpb.com?
>>
I've always had an interest in photography, but never actually gave much thought into buying a dslr/mirrorless camera, recently I've been having a pretty bad itch into getting one, so what would be a nice camera to get? I'm not very spendy so I'd prefer to avoid getting a thousand dollar camera only to get a gutpunch of buyers remorse, but I'd prefer not to buy a pile of expensive shit that performs worse than a flagship iphone
oh to note I have fairly decent knowledge of how to operate one and what all the terminology and settings do so I'm not entirely clueless, just never looked into the industry so I'm a bit wary on what to buy
>>
>>4103743
Nikon D800
>>
>>4103743
D7200 will provide a great experience for under 500.
t. Canon owner who once had a Nikon
>>
any black friday deals niggas?
>>
not a photographer but can you guys help me find something i can use to take videos of myself with that’d be able to pan and tilt wirelessly. remote control gimbal or something? (phone shooting btw) i really don’t know what i’m looking for here
>>
>>4103796
You're looking for one of those Mavic drones that can stalk the operator and pan around him.
>>
Can you guys recommend me any good videos to help me pick what lenses I should buy for the Nikon Z7II? I bought my first (and only) camera with 2 kit lenses (18-55mm and 55-300mm). They compliment each other nicely, but overall they don't produce the sharpest images and they don't do well in low light situations.
>>
Is there any reason for me to upgrade from my Nikon D5200 to something newer if I'm just a mediocre amateur photographer?
>>
>>4103821
Specifically, I want to get a little bit more into photography and was considering upgrading to a camera with a full frame sensor. However, I'm not sure if my money would be better spent picking up some decent lenses for my D5200 instead.
>>
>>4100623
It has no effect in the shooting
>>
>>4103790
I've seen some Sigma and some Sony deals locally but nothing cheaper than buying used so not worth it. And of course the one Sigma lens I want was not included, but I expected that because it's new.
>>
>>4103823
Used D610 and a 50/1.8D
Do not get the D600!
>>
>>4103839
What do you think of the Z6II instead? I don't have any good lenses yet, so I won't be giving up anything by switching to Z mount lenses.
>>
>>4103843
Massive overprice to minimal to no gains. Nikon likes to gimp its lower class cameras hard, even a used D750 will give you a good run of your money compared to the Z6II
Also
>introduce Z6 line
>leave out basic functions like intervalometer shots and bracketing to make you "upgrade" to the Z7 line
At least Snoy makes you pay for the features to work on the same camera. Bad move Nikon.
Maybe you are better off switching brands altogether.
>>
>>4103844
>Maybe you are better off switching brands altogether.
I have actually been considering Sony as well, but Nikon is the only brand I have hands-on experience with, so I'm a little nervous to jump ship.
>>
>>4103846
Nikon mirrorless is good but you have to be flush with cash to afford their glass.
Sony has its haters but its irrefutable advantage is having access to wider variety of lenses, including third party, as well as better selection of second hand gear due to the popularity of the system and longer time on the market.
>>
>>4103844
>At least Snoy makes you pay for the features to work on the same camera. Bad move Nikon.
I know photographers don't take smartphones seriously as cameras, but it's stuff like this that makes me think that perhaps attaching good lenses to smartphones might be the future of photography. Using Android or some other open source OS, the community could develop software which can do anything that your hardware is capable of and you wouldn't have to deal with arbitrary software limitations that only exist to force you to upgrade your hardware. I wonder how long it will take before they start making smartphones with full frame sensors and proper lens mounting systems.
>>
I have a D750. Nikon discontinued the 105 Macro. What is a good alternative? I was looking at the Sigma 105 2.8 HSM OS for the F Mount.
>>
>>4103853
>Nikon discontinued the 105 Macro
Oh shit all those lenses stopped working suddenly?
>>
>>4103844
>leave out basic functions like intervalometer shots and bracketing
wdym? even the Z5 has these
>>
>>4103855
Ok, so let's put it this way: How accurate are the condition ratings on sites like Adorama or B&H? Buying used could be good or bad. Do I really want to take a chance on someone else's judgement or do I want something new where I would get a better warranty and deal with the manufacturer rather than a reseller?
>>
>>4103859
I was just watching a video unboxing some used Adorama stuff and it seemed trustworthy based on that.
>>
>>4103859
I’ve gotten used stuff from KEH and B&H, and my experience with each has been positive. I’m not brave enough to go for the bargain items, but they’re trustworthy. You can always send it back, too.
>>
>>4103859
I've been buying used from Amazon, KEH and eBay with no issues so far.
>>
>>4103797
even though i’ll be seated most of the time? i just want to take videos of myself painting that are more than just stationary timelapse’s. would be cool to be able to pan across my desk or even get a rack focus without needing someone else there
>>
File: 1416700097860.jpg (6 KB, 250x231)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>discover the hasselblad xpan from that youtube video
>photos are turned into stills from a movie
>want one
>3k~ price range
>poorfag
sers...
>>
File: Half-Frame_4442.jpg (1.01 MB, 3000x2000)
1.01 MB
1.01 MB JPG
>>4103954
Anon, the Xpan does the opposite from turning photos into stills from a movie. You want a Pen F or another half frame camera for that, cinema cameras use film vertically. Left and right strips are from a half frame camera.

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 5D Mark II
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS4 Windows
PhotographerAshley Pomeroy
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Image Created2014:08:02 10:53:53
Exposure Time1.3 sec
F-Numberf/8.0
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/8.0
Exposure Bias1 EV
Metering ModePattern
Focal Length75.00 mm
Image Width3000
Image Height2000
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
>>
>>4103960
uhm, but the video title told me it turns them into movie stills! And watched the video and saw how it literally does that!
>>
>>4103871
>>4103874
>>4103883

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/802614495-USE/nikon_2160_af_s_vr_micro_nikkor_105mm.html

Good deal?
>>
File: 1668866036379392.jpg (8 KB, 184x184)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
I want a mirrorless ff for low light situations but i also like to shoot birds.
What camera/lens(es) combo would be best?
>>
>>4103838
Saw 10% discount on a sigma lens i wanted. Dont know if its worth it desu. But then again history shows it never had a lower price(?). Some lenses never seem to go on sale.
>>
File: 32905928550_c6bfd582b8_3k.jpg (1.62 MB, 3072x2051)
1.62 MB
1.62 MB JPG
Cinema cameras truly are something else. Why do they require two operators?

>>
>>4104023
>Why do they require two operators?
To protect "muh jobs".

That's also why you see heavy resistance against automated camera features in this industry.
>>
I know there are half frame cameras that can fit twice as many pictures on a roll of 35mm film. Was there ever a "quarter frame" camera that takes four even smaller photos on the area of a single 36x24 frame? It would require complicated mechanisms to project the image on the correct position on the film. Just a fun thought

Camera SoftwareGIMP 2.10.32
PhotographerDmitry Makeev
Image Created2022:11:26 01:32:07
>>
Do you all want an edmika mount FD lens for 350? It has the same quality as a Leica lens. Respond to this and I'll give you my Skype and we can speak more of these details.
>>
>>4104023

There's one operator. Depending on country, production, budget, guild rules and preferences, there might be a separate operator and a DOP. However lots of DOP's like to operate themselves, though not all.

The other person in your picture is most likely the 1st Camera Assistant aka focus puller. Or could be the director since he's not touching the camera, or maybe just not touching it at that moment.

But the 1st AC is the one pulling focus and if you are doing it old school like in your picture, he's next to the camera because he's focusing the camera manually with a manual follow focus unit. No autofocus used. Depending again on production, budget, what kind of shot it is etc. etc. focus is done more wirelessly now with a monitor of some sort, but there's still plenty of old school pulling by the lens with a manual follow focus going on also. Pulling focus is probably the most important job of the 1st AC. He's also responsible for changing lenses with the 2nd AC, keeping the camera in good condition, cleaning stuff, switching stuff when needed like cables etc. 1st assistant camera is the DOP's right hand man/woman and their job is to give the DOP the time and energy to focus on the creative side of the job, while the 1st ac handles focus and lot of the technical stuff.

For example lots of DOP's might not even be close to the camera until very briefly before cameras start rolling. They might be talking to the director, talking to the gaffer about lighting etc. and they have delegated responsibilities to the 1st AC regarding the camera, like changing a menu setting, changing a lens, putting a ND filter on the mattebox etc. etc.
>>
>>4104023
To get the highest quality image. One person concentrates on the framing of the image and the other person concentrates on the focusing of the image. The cinematographer tells the two what the correct light reading is and how the shot should look like.
>>
I've got a Canon EOS 5D classic.
I know the camera isn't weatherproofed, but what exactly does that entail? I'm not going to take it out in a downpour, but should I put one of those plastic bags on if it's a heavy fog day? The kind of weather where it's damp outside and sort of misting but not raining.
>>
>>4102431
why not just get the official nikon PK-13 and then you can get to 1:1?

I'm reading strobist for the first time, about to buy my first flash. he recommends buying a godox tt600 but I feel like it might be nicer to have a flash with TTL instead.
the TT685 II is on sale for $100
the V860 III is on sale for $140
the V1 is on sale for $160
but, the V600 is literally $56.
it's true that the cheaper price makes it easier to buy a second matching light. you can get 2 V600 for the price of the TT685 II, the next most expensive. but I dunno. what do?

Equipment MakeSONY
Camera ModelILCE-6500
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic 8.3.1 (Windows)
PhotographerDustin Abbott
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.0
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)97 mm
Image Created2019:05:31 09:18:32
Exposure Time1/200 sec
F-Numberf/6.3
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating800
Lens Aperturef/6.3
Brightness3.3 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeCenter Weighted Average
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length65.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
ContrastHard
SaturationHigh
SharpnessHard
GPS StatusMeasurement Interoperability
Geodetic Survey DataWGS-84
GPS Differential CorrectionNo Correction
>>
>>4104117
I have the V1. It's worth the $100 or so I paid for it but dear god is it fucking massive. TTL is massively worth it and I wouldn't buy a manual flash.
>>
File: 1660057107940230.jpg (30 KB, 300x400)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
Guys that Zeiss 3-dimensionality/micro-contrast spammer has blackpilled me on lenses. I don't even know if a lens looks good or not anymore.
>>
>>4104134
Pentax and most tamron lenses have the same 3d look, but slightly less sharpness, and aren't always available in the exact same apertures and focal lengths.
>>
File: 1646296706004.png (113 KB, 1000x750)
113 KB
113 KB PNG
>>4104117
I went ahead and did just that, I got the M2 though as it was cheaper. Only problem is that I will lose 1 stop of light, but I plan to use flash anyway

>>what do?
get the cheapest TTL that matches the power of the one he suggests and that lets you use it in manual mode and connect to other flashes in case you want to get more in the future
>>
>>4104117
>these prices
I'm fucking jealous, in my shithole of a country V1 goes for $250. Godox did have a "sale" but that was $10 off and still more expensive than resellers.
>>
>>4104117
V2 is cool and all, I have a few, but the round head is a meme. I also bought mine after reading stronger and disagreeing with the manual flash option. It’s nice that cheap options are available so you can get a bunch of ‘em, but I’d get a TTL flash or two.
>>4104198
Seriously, where are they so cheap?
>>
>>4104208
>V2
That should, of course say, V1
>stronger
And that should say “strobist”, but I’m a filthy illiterate phoneposter
>>
>>4104134
that's what he wants. don't let him win!
>>4104188
>get the cheapest TTL that matches the power
that would be the TT685 II, which is basically an AA battery version of the V series which takes li-ion batteries. li-ion seems to have a lot of benefits, idk. I'd probably end up buying some rechargeable AA batteries and a charger to use anyway, since just buying tons of AA batteries and throwing them away seems shitty
>>4104198
>>4104208
>fucking massive
yeah, but desu compared to the other full size flashes it is kind of similar in size. they're all pretty fuckhuge.
>so cheap
b&h black friday sales. the v1 is the most heavily discounted. but yeah, that's why I'm trying to make a quick decision before the sale is over.
>>
File: 1653617320365.png (406 KB, 799x800)
406 KB
406 KB PNG
>>4104234
>since just buying tons of AA batteries and throwing them away seems shitty
just get some eneloops bro, that's what I use for my flashes and I never looked back
>>
>>4104238
yeah. if I did though it's $28 for the batteries and the charger in your photo which brings it fairly close to the cost of the upgrade to li-ion for $40.
>>
>>4104234
>they're all pretty fuckhuge
lol, I'll be enjoying my RD2000 I got for $13 used from fleabay
Get a Meike MK320 if size is a concern and you absolutely must buy new.
>>
>>4104251
I wasn't saying they're fuckhuge as a disqualifier, just responding to what was written about the size of the V1.
>>
>>4104245
battery powered? if the battery dies you're shit out of luck, with replaceable you can go on forever as long as you have spares
>>
>>4104256
the li-ion batteries are swappable too
>>
Bros should i buy the 56mm sigma for efm or not.
>>
I'm looking for a travel setup (one lens) that also works well enough at night. I have a Canon 100D with the 24 2.8 and 50 1.8, and it's small and works reasonably well, but struggles with ISO noise, and constantly changing lenses gets old. I was wondering about something like an X-S10 or a6400 with a Sigma 18-50 2.8. I would still need to push the ISO, but the newer cameras seem to handle it better. And maybe IBIS on the Fuji would help. Those cameras and that lens look nicely small, perfect for a shoulder bag. Any better options?
>>
>>4104341
>one lens
Tamron 35-150mm F/2-2.8 and whatever is the best full frame camera you can afford to go with it. Everything else is cope.
>>
I bought a Leica M5 back in 2016 for like $400, now they are about $1000. Is this just a bubble?
>>
>>4104372
All leicas are going up in price right now.
>>
I bought the tamron 70-300 tele-macro (472D) for my K1 and man is this a disappointment

It's a lens, but it's the first time i've seen noticeable CA and poor sharpness. Also I've learned I really wish pentax made a faster 300+mm zoom.
>>
>>4104417
That's a 20 year old lens. You fell for the "old is good" meme.
>>
>>4104425
I didn't expect it to be good (lol tamron), just not terrible. The point was to try using different parts of the zoom range on a $35 lens before starting to set aside money for a nice one. My other 20 year old lens is at least sharp and doesn't turn black hair sorta purple.
>>
>>4103771
>>4103774
apologies if it seems like I'm disregarding your recommendations but its just a bit out of my range I'm comfortable with, but is the sony a6000 alright? or if anything in the usual price range for it is available and performs better than it (350~400, lenses included would be nice)
>>
I have a GH5 that I bought when I was more into shooting video but now I'm leaning much more into photos. I want to be aware of any ceilings and limitations for stills so I can work around them and compensate for them. I don't mind a bit of noise and I'm already in the habit of exposing to the right. I don't plan on making large prints. I've got a pretty sharp and fast lens. Aside from my own skill, what is going to limit me?
>>
I dig up my canon 1000D with kit lens. How can i have some fun with ir?
>>
A lot of people focus on high megapixel sensors. What is the lowest resolution full frame DSLR?
>>
>>4104517
The oldest and crappiest of them are low resolution.
>>
>>4104517
Such as? The lowest I can find for full-frame DSLR is 12MP.
>>
>>4104417
Dude, that is the purple monster, named for a good reason.
What you want for the K-1 is the Tamron 70-200/2.8 IF Macro
>>
File: DSC00733.jpg (4.3 MB, 7008x4672)
4.3 MB
4.3 MB JPG
A7 IV
35mm 1.4 GM

Which lens should I get next? Probably looking for a second prime lens

Equipment MakeSONY
Camera ModelILCE-7M4
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop 22.1 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.4
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)35 mm
Image Width7008
Image Height4672
Pixel CompositionRGB
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2022:11:12 20:23:50
Exposure Time1/50 sec
F-Numberf/1.4
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/1.4
Brightness0.7 EV
Exposure Bias-1 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length35.00 mm
Image Width7008
Image Height4672
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>4104590
>that noise
>f/1.4
>wide open
>1/50s
>ISO 100
>noise
Why are zoomies so inept at learning basic camera controls?
>>
File: 78623746578234.jpg (185 KB, 1200x630)
185 KB
185 KB JPG
convince me not to
>>
>>4104590
Did you fake the exif or something? No way it'd look that shitty with these settings unless you made it look crap on purpose or these lights are like, ten times dimmer than in the tunnels in my city.
>>
>>4104591
>>4104623
Shitty LR preset and fake noise
>>
>>4104591
>learning basic camera controls
>did everything correct for that situation
I think you need some learning
>>
>>4104591
He tried underexposing and bringing it up in post?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.