[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/p/ - Photography

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 16 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 20221102_203823.jpg (307 KB, 3840x2160)
307 KB
307 KB JPG
Thoughts on this? I know absolutely nothing about photography. I just thought it looked aesthetic.
>>
>>4095802
>looked aesthetic
absolutely meaningless.
come back when you can actually communicate to us what the fuck you find good in that piece of shit picture
>>
>>4095805
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chiaroscuro
>>
>>4095808
>contrast le automatically good
>>
its nothing special. but its a very cute cat. belongs on /an/ no /p/
>>
File: FIMjEMNWUAY5iny.jpg (80 KB, 828x1206)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>4095802
its special if you like the cat and the photo anon

many people on this board will never understand this. they try to justify their "work" by communicating some kind of quality through the image.

nobody will ever truly care about your pictures unless they first care about you. your pictures derive their value from who you are. people who love you will be excited that you're showing you your photos no matter how much a STRANGER might dislike your photo.
copers would say that's biased. but other strangers would definitely like your photo. they would throw out their opinion because it isn't democratic enough, doesn't have enough mass appeal.

shoot photos for yourself and for people you want to share things with. you might still delete 99% of them. but the ones you keep will always be good photos no matter what a faggot "photographer" says
>>
>>4096032
That is so sweet! I do try to be a little objective regarding quality when I compose pictures, but at the end of the day, they're scenes that I like, and that I know people I know will like. Thank you Anon!
>>
>>4096032
holy cope OP
>>
>>4096118
refute this:
>nobody will ever truly care for your pictures unless they first care about you.
honestly there is another set of "caring" people, and that's people who derive their life's value from the art. so they're enslaved to defend the images of an old master so they can justify themselves, they're deriving value from it. but these people don't truly care for the image, they really just need any image at all to fill that role.

>>4096070
its good to learn about lighting, composition, colors, figure/ground distinction and so on.
but these are just tools to make the image you want to make. which means an image you like.
they SERVE to make an image you like. so if you already like an image, hey there it is.
>>
>>4096142
>truly care
meaningless drivel. what the fuck do you mean with "truly"? every time there is a photography exposition in my town I go there and look at the photos with genuine interest regardless of what the author is.
do you mean that most people don't buy or donate or support a photographer is they don't know about him in a more personal way?
>>
>>4096185
>i dont know what words mean
looking good rn anon
>>
>>4095802
>I know absolutely nothing about photography
I don't mean to be rude but it shows
>>
>>4096301
>gets BTFO for his retarded vagueness and instead of replying to the point just writes a snarky line to save face
>>
>>4096437
next time someone tells you how they 'truly care' about someone or something, make sure u ask them what they mean by that and shit ur pants about how vague they are

checkmate little fag brain
>>
>>4096440
caring for someone as a friend is different from caring for someone as an artist, your post is vague nonsense and you keep jumping around snarkily like the pointless faggot that you are
>>
File: edit.jpg (884 KB, 3840x2160)
884 KB
884 KB JPG
nice lighting on the cat, nice expression, nice atmosphere...

The problem is is that the lamp is just an area of nothing (overexposed white) it distracts from the cat. Unfortunately even balancing out the exposure would probably not help as it would just be an area of one colour with no detail. Ideally you'd want to crop, but you'd lose a lot of the drama and interest in the photo with the new composition.

Photo shows promise, keep shooting!

Green area- interesting area
red area- distracting area

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
>>
File: ayuh.jpg (1.36 MB, 2832x1253)
1.36 MB
1.36 MB JPG

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2018 (Windows)
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2022:11:10 20:15:32
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width2832
Image Height1253
>>
File: 1656975377477.jpg (68 KB, 640x846)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>4095802
>>
Imagine the smell.
>>
>>4100165
roasted cat.
>>
>>4095802
>Thoughts on this?
you need to clean your sensor
>>
File: DSCN2149.jpg (1.81 MB, 3264x2448)
1.81 MB
1.81 MB JPG
>>4095802
I like it
>>
File: 1651977709315.jpg (131 KB, 1080x1314)
131 KB
131 KB JPG
i like your photo OP

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.