[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/p/ - Photography

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: Steve-Huff.jpg (52 KB, 450x600)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
Tells Everything

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXPs1gizXyA
Beginning is reddit tier blogpost. Interesting part starts from 7min.

>sony flies shills to his house to show him presentations, gets invited to presentations, food, alcohol, fancy hotels, all paid
>gets 50,000$ just from affiliate links for sony rx1
>bashes xpro1 for shit AF, gets blacklisted by fuji
>attempted bribe by dji to take out weight comment from vid, declined, doesn't get anything from dji either
>bombshell: earns half a mil just from b&h affiliate links

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
>>
>>4080208
>bashes xpro1 for shit AF, gets blacklisted by fuji
how petty of fuji, especially when it's true
>>
File: 1649656892855.png (853 KB, 1306x656)
853 KB
853 KB PNG
and lol. looks like he's going into the audiphool community. those fuckers are even more anti-science and loaded than photographers. he certainly knows how to make money
>>
>>4080211
Huff has openly made and showcased his own jerry-rigged ghost hunting equipment
>>
>>4080209
the review industry is a huge scam. simple. see the dpreview thread.
>>
>>4080241
which thread
>>
>>4080212
>jerry-rigged ghost hunting equipment
you had my interest, now you have my attention
>>
>>4080241
>the review industry is a huge scam
Blogs, vlogs, podcasts etc always have been, and it extends way beyond the cameras and photography.

If people took the trouble to find shit out for themselves instead of sitting in behind their screens waiting to be spoon fed by people whose aims and motives almost never align with yours, you would all be a lot less fucked up.
>>
File: IMG_20220915_230114.jpg (222 KB, 450x600)
222 KB
222 KB JPG
>>4080208
wwoud u huff steve?
>>
>>4080211
>those fuckers are even more anti-science
The scent of asian legumes permeated the thread
>>
>>4080307
>asian legumes
what is this reddit meme?
>>
>>4080309
One they mix with bananas and chug down to blast down their testosterone
>>
>>4080208
something weird is happening because i just saw another guy "expose" the industry, too. i'm betting it's another scam. on top of a scam. on top of a scam. something's fishy.
>>
>>4080326
>i just saw another guy "expose" the industry, too.
I'm sure that you did. Care to post that video?
>>
>>4080211
oh dear god. at least with photo equipment there are actual perceivable and real differences between brands and models and lenses and shit. every time I research audio equipment I feel so dirty that I gotta shower myself with bleach, it's literally almost all snake oil bullshit aside from speakers/monitors and headphones, and even then there's so much bullshit to wade through, including their pretentious as fuck adjectives and lingo they use to describe sound
>>
File: 1642338318457.png (85 KB, 726x600)
85 KB
85 KB PNG
>>4080589
you haven't gone far enough down the audiofool rabbit hole until one of the rating criteria is "plankton"
>>
>>4080262
not everyone has the money to dump on all kinds of bullshit. Especially duplicates of the same thing just from different manufacturers, hell, even just slightly different variations from the same manufacturer.
>>
>>4080593
explain
>>
>>4080589
There are objective measurements you can use to evaluate audio equipment, hell everything but speakers is measured by good ol' SNR and dynamic range, just like you're used to with cameras.

SNR doesn't work for speakers as they will always come out with a ratio of zero to infinite. But you can measure bandwidth and its accuracy across its bandwidth, which is the same as color depth and color accuracy in a camera.

Why the floral language? Firstly because taking measurements and understanding what effects those measurements have on the sound require a huge amount of work and very deep understanding, which 99.99% of audiophiles just don't have. Secondly hifi is not a closed system, measurements are dependent on the room they are in, what's actually useful, measurements in an anechoic chamber, a semi anechoic chamber or a typical lounge sized room? Thirdly it makes for good reading, every choice when designing a pair of speakers is a compromise, not a reach for perfection; do you want the high frequencies to be detailed and sparkly or smooth and sweet sounding? You've got to choose one or the other, and this is pretty much a 50:50 split amongst enthusiasts. Both could be described with positive language like I used, I could have said fatiguing and shrill, sloppy and muffled instead, but then that hifi brand wouldn't pay me to review more of their gear. If you can read between the lines, even the most floral and ass rimming of reviews can reveal plenty of negatives.

IF you want to understand hifi reviews you need to have a lot of experience, but I'll give you one tip, klipsch and Kef are absolute garbanzo, anyone that recommends them is a fucking moron that googled "best speaker for $x" bought the first thing they saw, then as these were their first "real hifi" they desperately try to justify their purchase. You can't buy hifi off a review, you must test yourself.
>>
>>4080633
>I'll give you one tip, klipsch and Kef are absolute garbanzo
That's interesting to hear. What brands would you recommend to someone who's looking to build their first audio rig? Nothing fancy; a budget of €1k applies for the speakers and maybe another €1k for the amp.
>>
>>4080208
>I'm wiser now
>I don't want to play the game anymore
Fucking hypocrite.
Give the money back if you don't like it.
>>
>>4080637
My personal favourite speakers around the £1k mark are jern 11's. But back to my earlier point there is no "best" only compromises, I'd definitely recommend auditioning jern, amphion, dynaudio, spendor, proac, ophidian; assuming that you're a young adult that likes a bit of energy, impact and involvement with your music. Companies like harbeth and audio note are much more aimed at boomer fucks listening to classical music in the background at a dinner party, boring, overly polite, ambience boxes. There are speakers that are good, but not good for you, and there are speakers that are outright trash (b&o, Bose, Kef and klipsch's consumer ranges are some of the worst offenders)

And I'd also recommend staying away from any of the bigger brands (dynaudio are definitely skirting the line on this one), as they tend to aim less at providing a good, balanced sound, and instead go for a sound signature that's designed to wow and stand out from the crowd in a demo room. This is the hifi equivalent of an over the top Instagram filter, yeh it was cool the first dozen times you saw them, and then you realised they just made everything look like shit.

Amp is much easier as we can just use SNR measurements (and some other measurements that won't be relevant unless they're "bad", but these are rare in 2022), the topping PA5 is an absolute beast for only £300.

Then you need a source, again easy SNR measurements, if you're using a PC then the Motu m4 is insanely good even if it cost 10 times as much as it's ~£200.

With SNR the magic figure we're looking for is over 96db, as this is the SNR of CD and 99.9% of music that ever comes out of a studio will be limited to 96db too. That amp and DAC are way above that in the 120db range, which is pretty much unheard of just 10 years ago, even if you were spending $50k+.
>>
>>4080390
Sorry they weren’t quitting, but they made this:
>https://youtu.be/XqZ_Q_ty3ag
>>
>>4080262
> If people took the trouble to find shit out for themselves instead of sitting in behind their screens
Cameras are prohibitively expensive to just buy one of everything to find out for yourself.
>>
>>4080692
Your local camera store will have models you can fondle and get a feel for, they will also be able offer advice.

Stop coming up with excuses to sit on your greasy asshole all day.

Only cucked faggots buy based off online reviews, especially when they are fully aware that reviewers make their money by blowing smoke up people's asses, not by offering fair and unbiased reviews.
>>
>>4080643
>p. angry sony representative
>>
>>4080694
this unironically. the fujifags were telling me how great the erognomics of the cameras were, but after trying them out in a store, the XT2 was a shitty feeling and had no grip, and the XPRO2 had even less of a grip and felt like a brick. i even went multiple times to try but couldn't get past how shitty they felt in my hands.
>>
>>4080694
>Only cucked faggots buy based off online reviews
That would be a far higher percentage that you think.
>>
>>4082660
No, I expect that to be a huge percentage, and 99% of people won't even use their camera for more than a year too.

The internet made people too lazy and too sheep like, and every hobby has the same issues these days.

If everyone bought after trying products at a store and speaking to the sales guys that have been there long enough to know what they are talking about, I'd expect at least 75% of sales to be on Sony mount and the rest split quite evenly between Fuji and Pentax as they offer a slightly different experience.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.