[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/p/ - Photography

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 32 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 12.jpg (1.38 MB, 2550x3570)
1.38 MB
1.38 MB JPG
>>
well, ken rockwell has made a career out of making his photographs look like terrible photoshops without using photoshop. Does that count?
>>
>>4026777
oh jesus, that sharpness is hurting my eyes
>>
That recent (few weeks ago) whatever award thread had some incredibly bad shit for winners and runner ups.
And those were supposed to be photos, not chopjobs, but they were fucked to hell.
>>
File: 1560176532297.png (752 KB, 1278x1000)
752 KB
752 KB PNG
*ahem*
>>
>>4026783
Yeah. Yeah...oh god, yeah.
>>
>>4026777
I still don't get this guy at all. Is him being a great photographer a meme and not to be taken serious? Everything I've ever seen from him is absolute shit.
>>
>>4026811
I think he got into garish before it was a meme, he has a career, growing family and apperently knows his hardware better than some /p/ "experts". He's definitely memey but not necessarily a meme.
>>
>>4026811
hes not a great photographer but more of a collector and tester, has good knowledge on gear (film, digital), a bit of the history, quirks, workarounds, practical tips.
>>
>>4026777
Why is the mountain shining. Super HDR photos are so painful to look at
>>
>>4027677
This >>4026777 isn't an HDR photo.
HDR photos are amazing.
They're literally just photographs that aren't blown out and have low noise. That's all they are. That's what dynamic range is. The rest is up to how they're edited to be displayed on a SDR or HDR display. Usually, the linear data has non-linear curves applied and a gamma correction. In some cases you have retards like Rockwell turning saturation go 57/10 and applying unsharp mask 300 times and darkening the sky while he brightens grass and shadows.
All of this shit can be done to SDR photos. In fact, most "HDR" photos are literally made from a single low dynamic range image.

It's all a scam.
>>
>>4026811
>wanted to become a pro tog in the 90s
>got some gear and shot muh velvia
>made a website about it in the early 2000s
>more successful than anticipated
>in fact much more successful

>put sponsored links and donation buttons all over his website
>retards actually started donating

>became good at search engine optimization, now his website is on the first page every time people look up shit about gear

>stopped caring about gear and mainly uses his iphone
>now mostly just rents the latest gear and returns it immediately
>most of his newer articles are basically just trolling and stirring controversy to direct attention to his shit
>>
The poster for Fight Club
>>
>>4028039
>most of his newer articles are basically just trolling and stirring controversy to direct attention to his shit
He's been a troll a lot longer than that. The whole persona and schtick is perfectly crafted to grift tasteless idiots and braindead consoomers, and it works. That he finally changed up the act a little is just icing on the trollcake.

I am curious who actually remembers how prevalent overcooked boomer landscapes were. Or what the forums used to be like.
>>
>>4026774
this is the real cover of this game
>>
>>4028088
That is really good actually
>>
>>4028039
Dude, he’s been stirring controversy since day one.

He’s the master of using clickbaity articles that use the power of counterintuitive thinking to draw you in.
>>
File: moon.jpg (250 KB, 1126x528)
250 KB
250 KB JPG
>>4026774
Probably anything to do with the original moon landings. The lighting is all over the place. Any professional photographer can see that it was shot in a studio.
>>
>>4026811
Ken is probably the greatest film / photo kit reviewer. But as a photographer he is meh...
>>
>>4029050
Which hassy lens and where did the markers come from? Not saying you're wrong but this is /p/ and figuring that kind of shit out should be the first thought one has towards not being a retard.
>>
File: trains-hdr-photography.jpg (787 KB, 1920x1200)
787 KB
787 KB JPG
>>4027745
>HDR photos are amazing.
If you want the "3D engine look".
>>
>>4029065
Boomers have never seen a video game from the same period, forgive them for their indescretions.
>>
>>4026783
I'm so glad he clarified YOUR in the title. Before I almost shopped other's photos by mistake.
>>
Almost anything Iv done
>>
File: 8823402705.jpg (82 KB, 600x450)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
>>4029050
kill yourself you stupid fucking brainlet

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeApple
Camera ModeliPhone 6s Plus
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Exposure Time1/1202 sec
F-Numberf/2.2
ISO Speed Rating25
Lens Aperturef/2.2
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length4.15 mm
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
>>
literal 0 iq npc

PhotographerERIC L. WOODS
>>
>>4029050
left notes are dumb because the astronaut suit had huge lights on it
>>
>>4029050
Wasn't there something about the chimnies of Auschwitz too? Heard Norm MacDonald's friend talk about it.
>>
>>4029065
hdr photos are supposed to just look like your eye sees them in real life
where the sky isn't blown out and the ground isn't dark
>>
>>4029065
>That pic
Literally Yanov station
>>
>>4029065
you cringe at Flickr era HDR but it is equivalent to Film Simulations now which people will cringe at after a decade.
>>
>>4026774
>pic
That's not photoshop, just telephotography!
>>
I’m completely baffled to how anyone likes his shit. I follow him because my social circle but can’t bring myself to even pitty like his post.

Horizontal Resolution144 dpi
Vertical Resolution144 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width640
Image Height910
>>
>>4029736
Don’t get it

Horizontal Resolution144 dpi
Vertical Resolution144 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width640
Image Height613
>>
>>4029736
Im going to be frank, as I'm anonymous and can be. I've been friends with a number of overeducated mulattos over the years and they are all "professional" photographers in some sense, running the game and making that paper on the weekends. They also all worked retail part time. Most of them are shit and the ones that aren't tend towards either "on trend" or "artsy" portraits, never any landscapes because they don't go outside. Bougie black people like looking like they're in a 70s blaxploitation film and use a lot of color gels and lifted blacks to hide how grey or yellow their skin is and how much they had to overexpose. I got in on the game as a hipster with a tan and exclusively shot them in black and white with hard strobes and a polarizer so their skin looks like a boomer car photo and they love that shit too.

Hope that clears it up.
>>
>>4029751
You can correct, change or enhance any skin tone with layers. You don’t need to do any of those things you spoke about. Otherwise all photography of people of color would suck. Maybe he thinks that what he has to do because he’s sucks and thinks that’s the only way…
>>
>>4029751
Also, he does go outside. His landscapes and things of that vibe are just as horribly edited. I think people just want to work with him because they are also a person of color.
>>
>>4029050
Why is humanity terrified of leaving Earth? Why is this still a big fucking topic 50+ years later?
>>
>>4029768
It’s not about being afraid it’s about us not having the right to wreck a whole other planet because we are selfish creatures.
>>
>>4029756
>people of color
>>
>>4029811
We must be selfish in order to survive. Humanity has as much of a right to discover ourselves, in order to live.
>>
>>4029814
What is your point?
>>
>>4029823
Nope. We don’t need to survive we just want to. We all should be Thanosed
>>
>>4029768
Van Allen Radiation Belts
It's impossible to leave earth without getting mega cancer.

so thats the fear.
>>
>We all should be Thanosed
Who invited le nihilistic redditor?
>>
File: 1575736428168.jpg (46 KB, 370x272)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
>>4029811
Take a look at this pathetic self hating specimen. Not wreck other planets? Who the fuck cares about that? I would implode 500 planets this instant if it made my life 1% better (or anyone else's, for that matter).

>b-but muh rocks and microscopic life and balanced ecosystem...

Go hug a tree or something, retard.
>>
>>4029811
>not having the right

Who decided that?
>>
>>4029811
>>4029828
And who the fuck are you to decide that?
>>
>>4029827
just say wogs or darkies like a normal person
>>
>>4029811
>aieee think of the rocks
who cares they don't have feelings
>>
>>4029892
Not everyone is a cousin fucker like you
>>
>>4029906
maybe look into the marriage culture of those people you love so much before making a comment like that, you might offend them
>>
>>4026777
it's ugly, but at least it's thought provoking
>>
>>4030129
What does that even mean?
>>
>>4030136
My thought was: how is the mountain so orange?
>>
File: coffee foot.jpg (8 KB, 261x216)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>4030136
My thought was: is this acceptable photography? is it even photography? what even is photography? if I don't like it does this make it bad? if I do like it does that mean it's good?
>>
>>4030145
Fair enough. I usually don't waste time with those deep metaphysical questions, I just look at a photo like that and think ''wow this hurts my eyes''.
>>
>>4030111
White people are better?! Hahahahahahahahaha troll
>>
>>4030329
last time i checked we dont marry our cousins in italy, only gypsies and foreigners do that
>>
>>4030340
The royals, you joking? Twat.
>>
>>4030340
Hahahahahaha
>>
>>4026774
There is nothing wrong with this

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.