[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/p/ - Photography

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

the Sony a7iv is such a superior camera, it's the #1 AND #2 best selling mirrorless on Amazon.

Fuji have 3 in the top 50, only 1 in the top 40
Panasonic have 9, they are 3 times more relevant than Fuji.
Nikon has 5, how they have fallen
Olympus have 0, zero, none, nothing.
Sony with 16
Canon with 17 (but split across 2 mounts)

Even if you don't think sales equate to performance\quality, you can't deny that high sales is going to be associated with longer product lifespan, more investment from the OEM and 3rd parties, and greater resale value as lenses\bodies\etc are more valuable to more people.
>>
Don’t care about Amazon stats. I got an A7iv because that’s what I wanted, not because that’s what was popular.
>>
>>4025090
>high sales is going to be associated with longer product lifespan
No. That's not how that works.
>>
>>4025090
>Amazon
So completely irrelevant and not crucial to sales.

BH, Adorama, KEH and others state otherwise...
>>
>>4025093
You think Sony are gonna change mounts when 90%+ of their profits from camera sales come from lenses?

Boy you dumber than a box'o'cum.
>>
Who buys cameras from Amazon? It's usually a higher price than a camera store.
>>
>>4025096
B&H list a camera that's been discontinued for over a year as their #2 best seller, so maybe take them as much at face value as you would any other New York Jewish shop owner.

Keh lists Sony at 1 and 2 for their best selling bodies of 2021, and Sony take 6 of the top 10 spots.

Adorama don't list their top sellers

BCN who aggregate sales figures for around half of Japan's camera stores also put Sony as the best selling mirrorless brand right now.
>>
>>4025090
>#1: body only Sony, retards who spend $2.5k to shoot $10 primes
>#2: baby monitor
kek, you can't even make this shit up
>>
>>4025090
I dont care about whatever nonsense you're talking snoy.

I am just happy for Panny boy
>>
Ohnononono Snoy is similarly popular to a baby monitor camera. Therefore Snoy IS a baby monitor. Ahahahahahaha. We win again Fujichads.
>>
Sonybros… I came into this thread to feel better… I don’t feel so good
>>
>>4025090
Toyota have many cars in top ten sales and command a big market share. This doesn't mean they make 'superior' cars or are more 'relevant'. Sure performance/quality could contribute to positive sales, marketing and internal management could come into play.

>more investment from the OEM and 3rd parties,
Lens selection is important. Olympus is 'dead, unpopular and irrelevant' but I've still been thinking about getting an EM/PEN just for the 75mm f1.8. Where else can you great a 150mm equiv focal length at 300 grams and only ~6cm of lens protrusion. A Sony A6400 is the same size but the nearest equivalent is 85mm FE 1.8 which is 25% heavier and bigger. Sure the Sony prime will work on full-frame but I already have plenty of FF Nikon glass (not everyone does).

>greater resale value as lenses\bodies\etc are more valuable to more people.
Double edged sword. Part of my Olympus decision is because I've seen plenty of cheap Oly gear probably because they are dying and were all bought by hipsters anyway.
>>
>>4025119
you type like a faggot fucking a faggot, faggot
>>
>>4025090
Sonyboy trying to justify their purchases again because they are so insecure that they might off themselves if they don’t share stats or spec sheets for 10 minutes.
>>
>>4025127
Who's "justifying"?
I think you might be projecting anon.

>>4025118
>Toyota
How cheap and easy is it to still repair and replace parts on a Toyota Hilux from 1994?
How about a 1999 fiat Strada?
Weird how the most sold pickup truck also remained the most relevant 30 years in the future eh?

>I can get a 150mm f4 equivalent lens on mft!
A canon EF 135mm f2.8 is under 400g, and has an extra stop of speed\dof control. A 70-200 L f4 is only around twice the weight of that Olympus and offers much, much more versatility and image quality. And if you want anything that has an actual equivalent on full frame, 99% of the time the full frame option is smaller, lighter, cheaper and much better image quality.

>I bought oly as I'm too poor for full frame gear, I only buy 2nd hand

That's fair, although a full frame body can be had for $300 or so these days, but I definitely understand if you invested 5+ years ago.
>>
lol people buy NEW cameras??? Why?
>>
>>4025140
>How cheap and easy is it to still repair and replace parts on a Toyota Hilux from 1994?
I never said otherwise? I said market share isn't an indicator of 'superiority' or 'relevance' which is what OP seemed to suggest?
>A canon EF 135mm f2.8 is under 400g, and has an extra stop of speed\dof control.
Mounted onto a larger DSLR with like 30% more lens protrusion. I specifically mentioned form factor being a primary concern as if size was no concern I'd reach for FF. I like that FoV and the 75mm f1.8 seems to be almost pocketable in a winter coat (look at how small it is).
>I bought oly as I'm too poor for full frame gear, I only buy 2nd hand
I literally said I was thinking about getting an Olympus OR Sony as an alternative to my FX cameras specifically for something as small and light as possible that isn't a GR or X100 or something. Cost isn't a concern, I only mentioned price because you talked about resale value and I tried to point out that 'poor resale value' can work in your favour. I've seen 75mm f1.8 for ~$300 which is < 1/3rd of new bricks and mortar where I live if it was even in stock which it isn't.
I don't even think I was disagreeing with you. I don't dislike Sony? I was even thinking I might switch my D750 for a Sony A7IV if all played out well with the A6400. Your misplaced hostility isn't doing any favours for the perception of Sony shooters not that it matters. They're camera brands not sports teams ffs.
>>
I really fucking regret buying an RX100VA
>>
>>4025163
kek, I want one desu.
>>
>>4025159
OP’s only real reason for posting is to gearfag and to shit on other brands, a characteristic mostly found in snoyboys. This is why people hate snoy users.
>>
>>4025159
>Market share doesn't mean superior or relevant!

Yet the Hilux remains an incredibly popular choice, both new and 2nd hand, is known for being a superior choice for reliability and durability, and hasn't been anything but relevant since launch, whether that's a landscaping business in the UK, a tradesman in the USA, a rice seller in Asia, or as a multi weapons platform in the middle east.

>But this lens that doesn't have any equivalent on full frame, is small.

Much larger than the old full frame Olympus 85mm f2 though isn't it. Which is just 48mm long and weighs 270g, and covers 4 times as much image area. Or the Sony 85mm f2.8, which is just 175g, 52mm long. or the Leica 135mm f4, which is an almost perfect equivalent, and that's 206g

>Mounted on a larger camera
Is the a7c any larger than any half decent mft body?
>>
>>4025169
if you can get one like sub $500 do it, but I got one for 1300 AUD, an absolute ripoff but I thought it was all the power of a dslr in a small body
>>
>Yet the Hilux remains an incredibly popular choice
Is it 'superior' to all other cars? Don't people have different needs? Can a man own a car for work and a car for the weekend? Are you saying Toyotas are "superior" to Lamborghinis? What are you even arguing about.
>Olympus 85mm f2, Sony 85 f2.8, Lecia 135 f4
Unless I'm missing something all of which would need an adapter increasing size and fuckery (esp with the increased flange distance on vintage DSLR lenses right? Better with the M mount adapter for Leica probably).
>a7c
You mentioned a Canon EF lens which is already larger. Are you now mounting it to a Sony with another adapter? The A7C is a great camera but as I already have a bunch of money in Nikon I'd only get it when I resell or my gear dies as I have no real need to upgrade.
>>
>a lot of other people bought same product as me
>this means my photography is good
There are a few leaps here and I don't think anyone with a brain genuinely gives a shit how many copies of a certain camera model have been sold on Amazon because it makes NO FUCKING DIFFERENCE to your photography
>>
>>4025105
enjoy shaving shit autofocus
>>
>>4025410
Imagine needing to use autofocus, lmao
>>4025097
That's exactly why they will change, to force all the snoytards to buy the same lenses again, but rebranded
>>
>>4025090
This is a falseflag post, but the A7IV is pretty shit due to the fully articulating screen. I just bought an A9 due to that. I'm not really losing out on anything other than video, new menu, slightly better ergonomics and 10FPS in mechanical shutter mode.
>>
File: kilmeister.jpg (222 KB, 1280x720)
222 KB
222 KB JPG
>>4025090
Minecraft is the best selling game in the world
Toyota corolla is the best selling car in the world
Lenovo is the best selling computer brand in the world
The bible is the best selling book in the world
Avatar is the best selling movie in the world

Does that make any of this crap good? Dont scotty kilmer me
>>
>>4025533
>>4025195
>Does that make Toyota superior?
No one said that babe, they said that popularity means the products will be supported for longer, and yep I can still buy all the parts for a '91 corolla.

You are very angry hun, and your literacy has gone to shit, have a nice lie down and maybe give the internet another go next week?
>>
>>4025570
>No one said that babe, they said that popularity means the products will be supported for longer,
Literally OP:
>Sony a7iv is such a superior camera, it's the #1 AND #2 best selling mirrorless on Amazon...Even if you don't think sales equate to performance\quality (implying OP thinks it does). And no one>>4025093 and >>4025097 has even suggested otherwise.
And here >>4025118 all I said was that the Olympus provided the equivalent focal length in the smallest .package >>4025174 (You?) sperg out and 2 DSLR lenses and a MF Lecia lens, all of which (bar .maybe the Lecia) are bigger and require an adapter.
>your literacy has gone to shit
If you are OP, which I suspect you are, then you are quite literally a brain dead fucking moron. If not, the jury is still out on that one.
>>
>>4025570 - re-typed this on PC because I know a fucking autist like you would freak out at the typos.
>No one said that babe, they said that popularity means the products will be supported for longer,
Literally OP:
>Sony a7iv is such a superior camera, it's the #1 AND #2 best selling mirrorless on Amazon...Even if you don't think sales equate to performance\quality (implying OP thinks it does).
And no one>>4025093 and >>4025097 has even suggested otherwise.
At >>4025118 all I said was that the Olympus provided the equivalent focal length in the smallest package and >>4025174 (You?) sperg out and list 2 DSLR lenses and a MF Lecia lens, all of which (bar maybe the Lecia) are bigger and require an adapter. If you'd considered the increased flange focal distance of DSLR lenses compared to mirrorless, you'd realise why trying to compare the size of an adapted DSLR lens to a native mirrorless lens is fucking stupid.
>your literacy has gone to shit
If you are OP, which I suspect you are, then you are quite literally a brain dead fucking moron. If not, the jury is still out on that one.
>>
>>4025576
>Meltdown because op clearly stated "even if you don't think sales equate to performance" and you based your whole point on op saying "sales = performance"

You always get like this when you've embarrassed yourself anon

>You didn't give an exact equivalent to this mft lens.

Because an 150mm f4 doesn't exist, so I chose a selection of other short tele's. What's the smallest\lightest 50mm f1.4 mft equivalent? a common standard on real cameras, if you don't give an exact equivalent you lose and are sperging out, your rules.

>You sperged out
>Angrily sent a message full of typos, retyped it and sent it again once you had counted to 10 and asked mom for a hug.
Lmfao
>>
>>4025570
>You are very angry hun
Youre delusional. This thread is hilarious. Best on the board right now.
>>
I don't give a fuck. Sony has no soul (just like the normalfags who buy it)
I'll stick with my SOULFUL Fuji, thank you very much. Shoutout to MFT bros for keeping it real
>>
>>4025589
Fuji has no soul
>>
>>4025589
>Thinking Instagram filters add *SoUl*
Ahhhhhhahaha
>>
>>4025090
this is kind of what I've been eyeing to upgrade to from my D3400 when I'm at that level...hmm
>>
>>4025090
Reminder!
Most people who shop on Amazon are idiots, since there are always better deals somewhere else.
>>
>>4027025
Reminder, only idiots don't shop on Amazon as the panny-d has made reporting items not delivered far too quick and easy to get a refund for. And you get stuff the next day.
>>
File: 1579416993536.jpg (54 KB, 720x835)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
/v/ here. For as long as I remember, Sony niggers have plagued the board, even before I ever knew about /v/ Sony niggers were present, always talking about their beloved console despite it being shit. It is no surprise they are here too, hyping up their camera. I remember they were elitist bastards during the crt and plasma TV days and now look at them. Fuck Sony niggers they are a cancer, second only to Apple fanboys obviously. Teslakids are sure catching up though.
>>
>>4027276
>Now look at them
Sony's LCD division became jdi, they have a $7bn revenue and provide screens for apple and the Nintendo switch. They also provide screens to Fuji and Nikon and were the largest provider of mobile phone screens in 2019, accounting for more than 20% of the market.

Wow, really looks like they're in trouble. Lmao.

Well done on going mask off about you actually being bothered by them because of video game tribalism, not because of the quality of any of their products. You'll fit right in here, get yourself a baby dick sensor Fuji and make yourself at home.
>>
>>4027276
BBC uses nintendies? Holy bing bing wahoo!
>>
>>4025090
People are richer than I realized. How can everyone afford sony flagships?

Fuck Im broke
>>
>>4028349
Look how many luxury clothing and homewares brands thrive, despite selling $200 t shirts and $7000 unergonomic chairs. With stores on every high street.

What about on the poverty end, just Walmart and IKEA pretty much.

There's just enough poor people, being given the bare minimum of choice and opportunity, to serve the elite class. It's not that your poor or broke, the system is working just as intended, you're not supposed to look in the nice stores and get grand ideas, go back to Walmart and look at the cameras there.
>>
Was able to put a A7IV on payment plan 12months through amazon one week ago, Held off for a week thinking about it and now it wont come back as an option.
>>
>>4028349
See>>4028764

Credit. Notice how in the last few years "payment" plans have been popping up even on take out pizza??? It's just another way for ((them)) to enslave you. Debt is slavery.
>>
>>4030732
Or maybe it's just a way to make things more affordable to get more customers, maybe it's just marketing 101 you dumb fuck
>>
I’m sure I’ll get shit but I really enjoy my a7ii
>>
File: 1644087460123.png (77 KB, 897x1312)
77 KB
77 KB PNG
>>4025090
KEK, it's literally Tamron who is carrying Sony into the podium.

The 3 super popular E-mount lenses are
Tamron 28-75mm F/2.8 VXD G2
Tamron 28-200mm F/2.8-5.6 RXD
Sigma 28-70mm F/2.8 DG DN

It's because they cracked the code, people want lightweight F/2.8 zooms. Those lenses are
540 gram
576 gram
470 g
>>
>>4032336
doesnt Sony own a percentage of Tamron's shares? seems a win-win strategy for both.
>>
>>4032336
What's insane is that 5 of the top 10 selling lenses are for Sony mount. Really goes to show how much users love the system and that Sony users are the ones really invested in their hobby and taking the most photos.
>>
>>4032493
The hobbyist lenses are
2nd place 28-200
6th place 18-300
9th place 35mm

The two constant F2,8 zooms are job lenses.
>>
>>4032494
>you can’t buy an affordable 2.8 lens if you’re a hobbyist
They’re not even 24-70s, they start at 28.
>>
File: 1630434042893.jpg (111 KB, 1500x999)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
>>4032498
People don't care THAT much about the last bit of wideness, they find ways to work around it.

It's the reviewers who makes a huge deal out of it because they like to have as many talking points as possible.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop 2020 Macintosh
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution1 dp
Vertical Resolution1 dp
Image Created2020-07-23T11:33:54+02:00
Image Width1500
Image Height999
>>
>>4032498
They start at 28 (-4 from 24) but end at 75 (+5 from 70)

-4+5=1

Therefore the 28-75 is 1 better than a 24-70

QED.
>>
>>4032520
You should instead look at it in angle of view.
The degrees that is lost on the wide side is larger than the degrees gained on the long side.

But all of that is made up for by the lower weight and better handling and pricing, and the market has largely agreed.
>>
>>4032523
It was a joke.

No one gives a fuck that it has a slightly different focal range. If you care about 24mm you'd have a 16-35.
>>
>>4025097
precisely the reason to change.
>>
>>4032336
>snoy ff owners use hobo lenses
nothing new
>>
>>4032527
VXD is a better autofocus motor than most camera makers can afford to develop.
>>
>>4030732
>Debt is slavery
depends on how much debt you're able to rack up. If you get 10mil into debt you're basically a king. If you're 50k int debt you're a slave.
>>
>>4032528
the signature E-mount vignetting is also a big selling point.
>>
File: 1643036005374.png (296 KB, 1285x525)
296 KB
296 KB PNG
>>4032531
>>the signature E-mount vignetting
>>
>>4032533
Wow, not only does the canon vignette more than double the Sony it's so uneven and such an abrupt transition.

Sony really have tied up the lens game. No one else really comes close to their best.
>>
>>4032504
I would, having had a 28mm prime, it’s kind of annoying, there is a lot more difference between 24mm and 28mm than 70mm and 75mm. A personal lens I’d want 24mm. Shooting weddings or whatever I’d prob be fine with the 28-75 g2 and wouldn’t give a fuck.
>>
>>4032534
>>4032533
soo, THIS, is the power of FF.
>>
>>4032536
>Shooting weddings or whatever I’d prob be fine with the 28-75 g2 and wouldn’t give a fuck.
Yup that's pretty much what the market has agreed to.

It gets the job done, it's light, it's responsive, and it's affordable.
>>
>>4032534
The GM also has the shortest barrel of the 3, and gets the roundest bokeh in the corners.
>>
>>4032538
Only approximately infinitely better than any 25mm f0.6 lens on mft...

Is that what you meant? That FF is infinitely better?

>>4032540
It's also about 25% cheaper than the canon and 15% cheaper than the Nikon in the UK at least.
>>
>>4032545
what f-stop do you get when you add 2.66EV to the nominal "1.2"?
>>
>>4032546
about 3.6-3.8 actual aperture.
>>
>>4032546
Every non-curved sensor produces vignetting of some sort.
>>
>>4032548
On a subdimensioned mount I'm sure it does.
>>
>FF hobo lens loses 3 stops of exposure at the corners, effectively making the 2.8 claimed aperture an ~f/8
>how can crop sensors ever compete
>>
File: 68NTcXPGu8CQnuR9HYBe8b.jpg (1.08 MB, 3200x1802)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB JPG
Sonychads, let me remind you that they always hate the best. And we're the most hated group of degenerates around here.

Sleep well kings.

>>
File: 1623915743728.jpg (1.92 MB, 4978x2080)
1.92 MB
1.92 MB JPG
>>4032549
That's not even a valid argument when Sony has proven they make the best optics.
>>
>>4032565
I agree. Their vignetting is creamy AF. They just need to provide a Sony-to-reality aperture calculator for their lenses
>>
>>4032567
The mount is literally a non-factor when you have been show the competitor with larger mount has far worse vignetting.
>>
>>4032555
can you compare this to vignette on an MFT 12-52 f1.4 so we can see just how trash snoy is?
>>
File: 1631837777335.jpg (324 KB, 800x600)
324 KB
324 KB JPG
The latest engineering marvel.

An internal zoom that is smaller than external zoom of similar specs.

Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
>>
>>4032573
>the snoy gm 50mm f/1.2 is -2.9ev at the corners, f/3.6-3.8 real, $2000
>the summilux 25mm f/1.4 is -1.5ev at the corners, f/2.4-2.6 real, $600
>>
File: 1622101180060.png (50 KB, 1153x499)
50 KB
50 KB PNG
>>4032586
Too bad MTF loses 2 stops by default.
And APS-C loses 1 stop by default.
>>
>>4032588
in DoF not exposure. It may have less bokeh but it'll be a lot brighter and with more uniform exposure.
>>
>>4032592
That's not a chart over DoF, that's a chart of dynamic range.

Smaller sensors lose F-stops in exposure when they try achieve same dynamic range.
>>
>>4032586
>the leica 50mm f2.8 equivalent is only -1.5 in the corners!

And by f2.8 the sony 1.2 is at only -1. In fact the sony 50mm f1.4, 50mm f1.8 and 55mm f1.8 all have less vignette at f2.8 (all measured by TDP)

And why are you comparing an f2.8 equivalent lens to an f1.2? you need an mft lens labelled as an f0.6 for an apples to apples comparison.
>>
>>4032592
Why do you think this is relevant when any modern lens on Sony comes with correction profiles that get rid of vignette (if you don't want it) in 1 click? Do you not have those for mft?
>>
>>4032586
>obsessing over corners
>exposing for the extreme corners
Do microcucks really? I guess mft has such rubbish DR they may have no choice
>>
>>4032595
Noise explodes if you do that, so unfortunately it’s not an option
>>
File: vignette-01.jpg (88 KB, 840x480)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
>>4032594
>And why are you comparing an f2.8 equivalent
Because measurements clearly show the stated aperture isn't real. Snoy could say they have a 0.9 lens and you'd ask for a 0.45 m43 to match, despite the fact that the 0.9 is actually f4.
>>4032596
i guess you don't mind corners being pitch back and the center eye burning. just ff things. pic related - standard Snoy shooting experience.
>>4032586
kind of crazy to consider that just by the quality and thoughtfulness of the mount to sensor size the m43 lens gains 1.5 stops of light while being 3.5x cheaper. I think I'd rather live with $1400 in my pocket than whatever extra bokeh that 0.5 aperture equiv offers.
>>
>>4032598
It's not an option for small sensors. But larger sensors have mor edynamic range leeway.
>>
I was curious to see what my lens was in the corners on the same site and it’s -2.5. I don’t even notice it desu. This is what they’re complaining about? Kek
>>
>>4032599
That failure is from the shooter, not the gear.
A proper shot would be to expose for highlight and raise shadows in post. They can do this because they have much better dynamic range than MTF and APS-C.
>>
>>4032599
The delusions of a microcuck
>>
>>4032601
It was always shitposting. Notice they criticize the Sony with its 2 stop vignette, but ignore the Canon with it 4 stop vignette.

they are seething and coping. And probably false flagging.
>>
>>4032604
>just pay 3.5x the price and correct every Snoy shot in post, bro
just FF things
>>
>>4032608
In-camera correction is also available.
>>
>>4025090
>snoy shills be like
>>
>>4032601
>I don’t even notice it desu
you have no idea how funy this is
>>
>>4032614
Don’t notice, don’t care.
>>
>>4032607
i never see scanon owners shitpositng their inferior gear here, maybe that's why.
>>
>>4032599
>i guess you don't mind corners being pitch back and the center eye burning
Understandable coming from MFT, which only has 3 stops of DR to start with. But we don’t have that problem on FF, so it’s a non-issue. We also don’t frame our subject in the extreme corner either, corners are for peripheral vision.
>>
The seething sensorlet is back from his 3 day vacation lol

Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution144 dpi
Vertical Resolution144 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1612
Image Height531
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
File: FBeHzZ5VcAYuIE4.jpg (63 KB, 679x377)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>4032618
sad fact is, when equalized for aperture and ISO (aka 2 stops higher needed on FF), there is absolutely no FF camera with higher DR than the OM1, G9 and GH6.

Add to this the fake numbers for FF lenses and the copium has to be military grade for foolframers. pic related.
>>
>why does FF vignette and lie about aperture

because they cut corners so they can sell tards on the fool frame lie

mount throat sensor width ratio

m43 38.0mm 17mm 2.23
snoy E 43.6mm 36mm 1.21
canon RF 50.6mm 36mm 1.41
nikon Z 55.0mm 36mm 1.53
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (394 KB, 1374x1396)
394 KB
394 KB JPG
>>4032598
>noise is a concern of mine

Hmm, a fair point, so I went ahead and did the maths for you.

I had to give you the most preferable situation for you, which is that you're having to shoot iso 800 or above wide open, and your copy of the leica lens is a super special one with absolutely zero vignette and a constant t1.4 across the frame.

The areas in red on the vignette chart are the areas that would have less noise on your super special theoretical mft setup after doing vignette correction on the sony lens to make it completely flat. 2.33EV is the cutoff point, 2 stops due to the small sensor, 1/3 of a stop for the f1.4 vs f1.2 lens.

If we use actual aperture equivalence, or the mft lens has it's actual vignette, or you can shoot under iso 800, then the Sony is better across the whole frame for noise after vignette correction. Which made the comparison not very fun.

I'm glad by your own standards you agree that the noise from MFT makes too many photos simply unusable.

>>4032599
>f values aren't real >:(
The f value is just the ratio of the aperture and the focal length, it's simple maths and you can't really lie about it.

Are you saying that the lens transmission value isn't t1.2 across the lens, so therefore it's not a t1.2 lens? transmission is measured in the centre, brightest part of the lens and is a measure per unit area, not total sensor area, trust me, you wouldn't want lenses brightness measured per total sensor area ;)

The fact you used a shot with severely compromised dynamic range, like you would find on smaller sensors, and tried to pin it on FF is absolutely hilarious and speaks volumes of your technical ability and self awareness
>>
>>4032629
>muh dynamic range on GH6
literally worse than anything below iso 1000 on an a7riv, see graph here
>>4032632

>>4032631
>I STILL don't understand what aperture is >:(

lmao. by this point I' am 100% certain you just don't have the cognitive ability to understand the most basic of math
>>
>>4032632
you've gotten BTFO so many times it's just sad at this point.
enjoy your "1.2" lenses that act like 3.8 for $2k.
>>
File: Harry Bokeh.jpg (1.13 MB, 1100x1500)
1.13 MB
1.13 MB JPG
Daily reminder

You'll be next mudbloods

Camera Softwarepaint.net 4.3.8
Horizontal Resolution96 dpi
Vertical Resolution96 dpi
>>
>>4032641
Reminder, Lucius malfoy survived, Bellatrix was killed by Molly Weasley and Voldemort was killed by Neville longbottom.

Looks like our top 3 will be safe for a while yet.
>>
>>4032945
>>4032641
Read a different book
>>
>>4032632
God damn do I love it when anons get btfo with science.

Mft cucks response here >>4032639 doesn't even make sense, they couldn't even begin to defend their system. They practically dropped to their knees and chortled your sack like the submissive little gay that they are.

>>4032946
Maybe you should at least read the books you try to make memes from, lol.
>>
Bump for the triggered crop cucks
>>
>>4033013
>DUDE I HECKIN LOVE SCIENCE!!!
go back. you will never take a single good photo in your life.
>>
File: NPC-crowd-1.jpg (26 KB, 640x480)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>4025090
When clueless people buying cameras they usually buy Sony (or Canon)
>>
>>4036374
Current lens market share is
E-mount 35%
RF-mount 5%
Z-mount 5%

Lens buyers are usually the market who knows what they want..
>>
>>4036394
Clueless people who buy Sony camera will of course buy E-mount lens.
funny thing is that E-mount is actually crop mount
>>
>>4036410
You probably think you are a clever troll, but your butthurt is visible.
>>
>>4036411
I'm just saying what is fact but you seems to be highly butthurted
>>
File: 420 anime.jpg (50 KB, 456x360)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>4025090
>number of sales makes something the best
so that baby monitor is the second best camera in the world?

Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
>>
>>4025410
>shaving
dumb phoneposter
>>
>>4027276
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyufDxxWIsM

This is what Sony users were like back in the day.
Nothing has changed.
>>
>>4036449
>baby monitor
probably still using a snoy sensor
>>
>>4025090
based /snoy/ gang
why are there MFT faggots coping and seething up and down this thread? lol
>>
>>4027276
I hate playstation I'm a pc guy for games. As for cameras, I always preferred Nikon owning a bunch of dx bodies over the years. Recently I wanted something more video capable and I saw a ZV-E10 in store brand new for msrp. Gave it a try because I figured i could return it or flip it online if i wanted to. Even compared to my smallest dslr (d5500) it's freaking tiny. Decent glass available from tamrom/sigma/etc if you don't want to spend for sony glass. I kinda miss my viewfinder but the screen is good and i feel like i take more photos without composing via the viewfinder. As for video the autofocus is amazing and so much quieter than my old nikon dx lens af systems or old screw lenses my d7200. If i only ever shot photos i'd of never swapped over but if you do a bit of video or 50/50 the sony ff/apsc bodies are awesome. Sony is pretty cheap though i didn't get a body cap or a lens base cap. Nikon always included that stuff even in cheap kits.
>>
>>4032629
based
>>
This is actually an indicator of how shit a brand is. Sony shooters are all replacing their last Sony because it was shit. Nikon shooters have stopped buying as the last 5 years of models have been amazing and everyone is producing amazing images. The Sony shooters are spending like crazy to try and catch up. So glad I went Nikon.
>>
>>4042139
h-ha ha y-yeah bro the most popular thing is the worst thing!
>>
>>4039941
I bet you eat at McDonald's too. It's popular so it must be the best!
>>
>>4042134
>i'd of
kys
>>
>>4025100
>a7S III
>discontinued
what did he meme by this?
I mean they're all mirrorless shit but there's no need to lie.
>>
>>4025090
>corolla is the best car
>>
File: 1633756827576.png (328 KB, 906x424)
328 KB
328 KB PNG
>>4042323
true
>>
>>4042331
yeah it's true but it's not the one you posted

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.