[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/p/ - Photography

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 5 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1642021804843.jpg (489 KB, 3500x2333)
489 KB
489 KB JPG
I am very new to photography and I have a pretty specific question. I'm using an older digital camera (an Olympus D-550 ZOOM) and it uses SM cards, I'm trying to find a good reader for them online so I can transfer my photos from my camera to my computer, any suggestions? The camera also has a USB function but I can't get it to work because of what I think is a driver issue, so if anyone knows how to get that to work either that would b cool.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width3500
Image Height2333
>>
Save yourself the effort and just buy a better $30 powershot that supports SD, install CHDK, try to see if USB will work in linux, or buy any SM card reader. Can you show what the pictures on it look like when you get it working?
>>
>>3987417
I'd really rather shoot with this thing for nostalgic purposes primarily, I'll try to get it to work in a linux vm potentially, good idea.
>>
>>3987420
Not a VM, a live image. Just get a smart card reader, it will be annoying, the VM will use the host USB unless you set it up to hook into USB which is iffy.
>>
>>3987427
just bit the bullet and bought the card reader for like 13 bucks. Not great but at least I'll be able to deal with this easily forever now.
>>
What a useless fucking thread
>hey guys i need to buy a specific type of card reader any suggestions?
>buy card reader
>ok i bought the card reader and spent 90% of net worth by the sounds of it
ffs
>>
File: Agfaephoto1280-zu.jpg (36 KB, 546x315)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>3987412
I got an Agfa ePhoto 1280 that uses SM Card. Bought literally the cheapest card/reader combo on aliexpress and works perfectly
>>
>>3987436
I was thinking the same thing. I wanted to be helpful but after googling "smartmedia reader" and finding out they cost like $10, I didn't even bother. Now here I am putting effort into this post.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.