[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/p/ - Photography

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 16mm-Header.jpg (316 KB, 1000x584)
316 KB
316 KB JPG
Looking to get into shooting 16mm film. What's a good and affordable camera to use? I'm not looking to buy something expensive like a Bolex or K3.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop 21.1 (Windows)
PhotographerZhuolin Hong
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width5656
Image Height3771
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2021:01:11 09:00:13
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width1000
Image Height584
>>
well what's your budget
>>
>>3982473
$100-200 at the most
>>
>>3982485
isn't that like 8 minutes of film
>>
>>3982501
I'm talking about the camera alone
>>
>>3982502
Use your phone and add a filter in post.
>>
Guys what's the cheapes oil tanker on the market right now? I'm pretty short on money
>>
>>3984478
what's your budget?
>>
>>3982464
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmy2D-9vDUU

TL;DW not for people on a budget
>>
You don't want to go too cheap with your motion film camera. You want something in good condition so you can trust its exposition values and also so you know it won't destroy your film. 12 minutes of 16mm costs something around 300/400 USD last I checked, so you'll be wasting all that money if the mechanism ends up ripping all the footage. (Been there a couple of times, both in 16 and 35, both Arriflex cameras, SR2 and BL2 to be precise)
>>
It was probably Krasnogorsk until these >>3985577 zoomer youtube faggots found out about it and drove prices up. Depending where you live it can be virtually impossible to get it developed/scanned at a reasonable cost anyway
>>
>>3982485
Terrible idea, shoot super8
>>
>16mm
>affordable
>>
On your budget you'd be better off with a super 8 as some have already pointed out. 16mm is very expensive when you take into account developing and digital scanning, which can also cost around 100USD per minute

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.