[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/p/ - Photography

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 21 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Happy 18th Birthday, 4chan!

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: unknown.png (1.39 MB, 1080x855)
1.39 MB
1.39 MB PNG
Justified?
>>
Was it in the contract that he got to eat food?
>>
>>3950076
Very Chad
>>
File: jeremy-clarkson.png (961 KB, 1859x1239)
961 KB
961 KB PNG
>>3950076
Photo of perpetrator.
>>
>>3950076
wedding photographers deserve starvation.

a wedding only needs these photos:
>bride with parents
>groom with parents
>photo at the altar of bride, groom and priest
>portrait of wife and husband
>group photo of the extended family
>group photo with all the guests (optional)

no videos, no drones, no gimbals, no sony alphas, no canon R3s. hire a guy with a medium or large format camera and you'll have negatives that will look incredible 200 years from now that you can scan and reprint every time the technology advances
>>
>>3950086
yea, it usually is.

I work weddings as a bartender sometimes.

I get its a solid grift if you have the startup capital for 2 ff bodies+ 10k in glass+ expensive flashes but good god do weddings bring out the absolute worst kinds of people.

At least weddings at a beige-box 2 star hotel in upstate ny.
>>
>>3950089
This.
I photographed 5 of my friends weddings with my a6000 and basicaly gave them the raws of these scenes and a thin printed booklet. Simple as fuck, fewer pics the better and they all loved it.

The fewer pictures you have of the whole event the fonder are the groom and bride of that album.

I saw from another friend what some pro made for them and it was a 50 page album....like what the hell.
>>
>>3950100
story time?
>>
>>3950100
>At least weddings at a beige-box 2 star hotel in upstate ny.
Well that's your problem. They don't give out zero stars, so what's that make 1-star? That's like saying burgers suck because you work at McDonalds.
>>
>>3950089
- outlays of the stuff (rings, invites, etc.)
- bride + (some selection of her relatives)
- groom + (some selection of her relatives)
- floral arrangements

https://www.theknot.com/content/great-wedding-photo-suggestions

https://www.format.com/magazine/resources/photography/wedding-photo-list

https://shootdotedit.com/blogs/news/wedding-photography-shot-list
>>
>>3950112
useless bullshit, we all know the only photo that gets printed and hanged on the wall is the portrait and the rest just go to the drawer to never be seen again
>>
>>3950116
Yeah give them one photo at the end of the day big brain anon.
>>
>>3950117
yes, since literally every guest has a smartphone they'll be able to capture many more quirky moments of the wedding. my job is to document the most important parts and produce a handful of stunningly perfect images.
>>
>>3950118
Yeah sell them photos the guests took big brain anon.
>>
>>3950104
That's the thing they're just the most basic, cringy human beings to be around. Nothing really crazy, just kinda awkward and depressing.

Wearing matching football jerseys that say "bride" and "groom" in photos

Wanting cocktails named after them... he picked rum and diet coke... so all night people would ask for "a josh"

... we had initially made up a kind of neat one for his wife but the 30 y/o sorority chicks burned through my bottle of aperol in 20 minutes so we just started mixing random shit that would turn out pink. No one noticed.

having half the guests disappear to buy mic ultra at the gas station because the bar closed for 45 mins so our servers could drop food...

Getting paid to sit in the hall babysitting the bar during speeches so people wouldn't come steal alcohol...

the black weddings are more fun, at least the guys aren't afraid dancing will make them look gay
>>
>>3950120
Not him but this is what I suggest to couples too, that I take photos of the formal parts and that during the party parts the guests capture the moments. A big camera and an official photographer changes the mood and makes even the non-formal parts somehow formal and performative. Doubly so true with an official videographer.

You can still take a couple candid ones with a tele though.
>>
>>3950122
>A big camera and an official photographer changes the mood and makes even the non-formal parts somehow formal
For a shitty photographer, don't keep telling them you're a photographer. Literally just take photos and don't attention whore jesus
>>
>>3950086
he was a friend and would've gotten like $250
>>
>>3950710
>>3950710
Cameras freak people out, at least in america, unless you live in NY/LA/are in the arts scene.

Not necessarily anything he did.
>>
>>3950076
Based beyond belief
>>
>>3950710
>two cameras hanging off the neck
>big ass zoom lenses
>flashes and filters
>yoooo bro I'm just a normal guest, keep doing your thing! :)
sure thing
>>
>>3950710
>don't keep telling them you're a photographer
>while stumbling around with a gimbal and a camera on a cage with an external battery attached
>while also having a 70-300/80-200 f2.8 hanging from a belt
Were you dropped from the chapel as a kid?
>>
File: fuji_x_e3___02.jpg (69 KB, 750x632)
69 KB
69 KB JPG
>>3950745
>Dont tell them you're a photographer
>While walking around with a fuji x-e series and a nice little zoom

Perfectly doable, you'll just look like a happy guest keeping memories.
>>
>>3950122
Carry a small camera in your kit for the candid stuff, like an X100V or whatever, you don’t need the D850 and the super tube all the time.
>>
>hungry
Don't hire fat photographers.
>>
>>3950844
Wedding photography means Pro gear and that also means non-cropped gear with fast lenses, bud
>>3950976
Wouldn't thin photographer be the ones actually hungry? a fat one means he has plenty of eat.
>>
>>3950076
I went to a wedding (not as a photographer) and left early without eating. The groom was annoyed with me because they paid a lot for the food and there was so much left over.
>>
>>3951170
This Anon is fit and not overweight.
>>
>>3951002
>Wedding photography means Pro gear and that also means non-cropped gear with fast lenses, bud

Didn't know wedding photographers to be such cheapases to stoop down to using fool frame gear.
>>
File: photog1.jpg (112 KB, 1475x820)
112 KB
112 KB JPG
>>3951194
dude i know people that are "professional photographers" that use like a d3300 and lr presets they bought on facebook

flyover land is a strange place

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
PhotographerErik Nelson
Image-Specific Properties:
>>
File: photog2.jpg (33 KB, 523x298)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>3951301

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
PhotographerErik Nelson
Image-Specific Properties:
>>
>>3951194
fujislug cope is delicious
>>
>>3950076
yes
dehydration is no joking matter
people who deny you water are arseholes

https://old.reddit.com/r/AmItheAsshole/comments/po2kd8/aita_for_deleting_my_friends_wedding_photos_in/
>>
>>3950086
giving your friend something to eat and drink is called "being a decent friend"

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.