[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/p/ - Photography

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 52 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Bargain Thread General.jpg (130 KB, 474x634)
130 KB
130 KB JPG
Bargain Thread General

>Trash and Treasure
>Garage Sales
>Deceased Estates
>Auctions
>Flea Markets
>Lost and Found

Share stories about your treasures and loot you found

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width474
Image Height634
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Image Created2021:09:04 12:11:27
Light SourceUnknown
>>
50 dollars
>>
>>3935292
...I wouldn't be taking that thing underwater though.

Ikelite 2-lock systems are really easy to flood even at an optimal condition.
Is the camera a 50d by any chance?
>>
File: circa 2008.jpg (243 KB, 922x397)
243 KB
243 KB JPG
eBay in 2008

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2019 (Windows)
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2021:08:06 10:21:15
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width922
Image Height397
>>
>>3935283
Not really fitting, but got my dad's old Nikkor 50mm 1.8
I like it, but it's a bit of a pain in the ass for everyday use since I have to use it completely manually with my D3300.
>>
File: 5DSR0075-1200.jpg (186 KB, 1200x900)
186 KB
186 KB JPG
>>3935311
Forgot image. It's the AI-S pancake version I'm pretty sure. This one in the image.

>>
>>3935301

20d w/Sigma 24 1.8, and if you re-do all the seals on it, it's fine. I've already had it underwater and it only leaked on one button seal on the back and I re-did that and it's fine. The two main seals I conditioned with Honda Shin-Etsu grease made for cars and they held underwater.
>>
>>3935283
>Nikon F2 Photomic with a Nikkor 55mm f/1.2 + Nikkor-S 35mm f/2.8 + some goodies
>250 Euros

I know it's expensive compared to few years back but I made my money back from the extras that were included with the purchase.
>>
>>3935310
The inflation of brittle plastic point-and-shoots is perhaps the most ridiculous.
>>
>>3935447
The "digishit" ones or the old film ones?
>>
>>3935447

You should see what Canon AE1s go for in college towns
>>
Canon rangefinders are cheap, all considered. Might pick up a 7 and 35/2 soon
>>
>>3935311
>>3935315
That is a pain, you should get a Zfc
>>
>>3935483
Those look very nice, but I'm honestly not a very big fan of mirrorless ones. I will probably go for some used full frame DSLR when it's time to upgrade. Like the D800 or something.
>>
>>3935283
I have never gone to a thrift store to look for cameras because I don't want to
* buy a broken camera
* buy a dirty gross camera
and I am not naive enough to think I would have good enough luck to find a good deal on something clean and working in my area.
>>
What is thriftstore/pawn shop camera shopping like? Camera stores I'm sure everything will work, but thrift stores and pawn shops, something tells me they won't even check it out before slapping a price on it.
>>
>>3935695
I always take some batteries with me so I can test stuff, sometimes you can get a real bargain but there might be broken stuff as well.
>>
>>3935695

Hit and miss, do like this guy >>3935711 and bring shit to test. Camera shops go through everything usually so you pay more but you get something built like a brick shit house that will shoot for decades.

If you can't fix cameras, go to a camera shop. A lot of flea markets/pawn shops and thrift shops charge inflated eBay Buy It Now prices and not Sold Prices for shit that hasn't been gone through, so if you're going to pay, go to an actual camera shop. Scalpers regularly patrol almost every single thrift shop and pawn shop daily to get anything they can flip on eBay. I bought a Kiev 4 from a local thrift shop for like 40 bucks and the next day someone came in from one of the big cities and bought every single camera in the store and they were on eBay for hipster tax money a couple days later. I know for a fact a few of those cameras did not work and they were being sold as-is for CLA'd prices.
>>
>>3935695
>something tells me they won't even check it out before slapping a price on it
...and that's a good thing.
Because it probably makes it cheap.
For lenses and such, just look them over and see if you see anything wrong, cameras can be harder of course. But many places, at least here in Sweden, actually check the stuff beforehand, and if they didn't it will be marked as "unchecked".

I have personally pretty much only seen older film stuff though, not any F mounts for my Nikon, some Canon. But most seem like just older kit lenses.
>>
I fucking go to second hand and buy all the cool cams and sell on ebbay

Then i buy cheese doodles and fat
>>
There's a flea market nearby that sells pure junk. Second hand clothes, stolen electronics, stolen bikes, used hand soap, old toys, worn shoes, just pure shit. There was a lady selling boxes of broken camera stuff, old broken lenses, obliterated rusted camera bodies, etc., everything for one dollar. Found three film cameras in okay-ish condition. Bought them, tried them at home with batteries and only one of them works. A Canon AF35M. I still haven't developed a roll yet so I don't know if it's any good but it advances the film, rewinds, light meter works (dunno if it's accurate yet), flash is broken. But I have my first film camera finally.
I'd get sick looking at film camera prices on eBay so I'm really happy to have found this. Can't wait to try out cool film stocks.
>>
>>3935447
>The inflation of brittle plastic point-and-shoots is perhaps the most ridiculous.

Nah, point and shoots have gone 4-10x. That film that was $1/roll in 2008 is easily 10-20x now.
>>
>>3935802
in absolute terms you're talking about a few dollars increase vs a few hundred, order of magnitude is important
>>
>>3935802
>>3935447
It's not inflation, it's price fixing based on assumed income amount of the buyer
>>
Probably my best ever find.

> Deceased estate auction
> Agent guy selling off all the stuff with 20 or so pictures of all the stuff.
> bunch of boxes bundled on the floor
> Notice a lens collar... a reversed lens collar.
....A fucking reversed lens collar
> Call up the guy and ask for more pictures.
> He wont be on site till the auction next week.
> I pledge $185 for the box and its contents. He agrees.
> Arrive to the auction an hour early. Pay $185
> Item marked as "Telescope"

It's a Sigma 300-800mm

>Hasn't been touched since at least 2003
> Electronics need an update and doesn't communicate with some camera bodies. displaying an 'Error 01'
>Lens is fucking immaculate. Not a blemish. It was taken out of its case when they inspected the stuff and marked it off as a 'telescope'

Despite this, the lens is fairly soft compared to today's glass, and shit is heavy to haul around on hikes.
For $185 and a bit of extra post work, I'm not complaining.

Sadly I no longer have this lens, I barely used it and needed the cash at the time.
>>
>>3936025
>the lens IS soft
>I needed the money
Was. Was soft. Nigger. NIGGER.
>>
>>3935914
$60 for 60 rolls to $1200 at $20/roll
$30 for stylus epic to $250

you're not gunna make it anon.
>>
File: BigBlackCamera (lens).jpg (43 KB, 432x320)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>3936026

ayo, y u finna winna dinna mad whyt boi?

yo, girl's tiny Sonygger A7 III is *Built* for my BBC (big black camera [lens])
....with the correct lens adapter and tripod gimbal head she can't *resist* the 300-800 zoom range at a constant f5.6 that STARTS where most telephoto zooms end.

>pic related, my lens and your lens. (probably a 70-200 lmao, go take portraits whyt boi lmao)
>>
File: cam.jpg (166 KB, 930x700)
166 KB
166 KB JPG
>>3935695
Thrift store junkie here.
Camera buying can be hit or miss. Naturally you don't go "I want a Contax, let's see what Goodwill has." You get what they got, if they have anything. Sometimes you see a "your free gift for subscribing" camera for $15. Sometimes you find an Olympus Mju:2 for $5. Sometimes the battery compartment is caked in akaline battery leak. And sometimes you find a roll in them forgotten by the last owner.

Highlights of stuff I've found. In all, I probably paid around $100 total for these.
XA in box
Mju:2, two of them
Shit ton of Stylus Epic 80s
Nikon 35Ti
Nikon Lite Touch AF
Sekonic L-358 light meter
Several Holgas
Superheadz Ultra wide & slim
Nishika N8000, new in box. Sent that guy straight to eBay.

Pic, some cameras I have lying around. Vivitar is in plastic because it had a pretty bad battery leak. But it's so delightfully cheap looking I want to get it cleaned up.
>>
nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger i love shitting up this board, mods
>>
>>3936061
Nice haul anon. I love that bright red voltorb-ass Holga. There's no telling how many Chuck E Cheese birthday parties these cameras have seen.
>>
>>3936061
Why do you get all of these? To resell or just to collect?
I don't really get buying all these "newer" budget film cameras.
>>
>>3936084
Not him but I think it's a cool thing to collect. Relics of a time that's entirely obsolete, but one we can remember.
>>
>>3936041
>ara ara, 70-200-kun ~<3
>>
>>3935447
>he got priced out
>>
>>3936068
uh oh ive stepped on someone's toes :))))

Anyway, i got this dumbass camera for a tenner which needed a lot of service.
>>
File: 3950_foto12wod.jpg (78 KB, 400x600)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
>>3936041
Hearing a lot of bragging there, buck. But you seem to forget that it's all about girth. Look at a real f2.8 next to your girl for a second.
Simply. Can't. Compete.
Now get the hell out of my swamp!

>>
>>3936084
Little of the former. Mostly the latter. I love all the shapes, sizes, layouts, and features these P&S cameras came with
I’ll sell them sometimes like the Nishika, For that, I’m content with owning a used one w/o packaging. And I sold off all those Epic 80s during the pandemic last year.

>Elmo somehow broke somewhere between the thrift store and home. That really bummed me out.

Camera SoftwarePolarr Photo Editor
Camera ModeliPhone 12 mini
Equipment MakeApple
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Image Created2021:09:06 14:12:47
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Exposure ModeAuto
F-Numberf/1.6
Image Height800
Lens Aperturef/1.6
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Focal Length4.20 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width800
Brightness0.5 EV
White BalanceAuto
Exposure Time1/57 sec
Exposure ProgramNormal Program
ISO Speed Rating500
>>
Worth getting a used D610 for $700? About 9000 exposures. It's from camera store so is tested.
>>
>>3936477
In Sweden, Europe btw.
>>
>>3936245

...I... I kneel
>>
>>3936480
Sweden is not part of Europe.
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (220 KB, 1600x1200)
220 KB
220 KB JPG
Ebay tips? What red flags do you look for in a used lens listing? Sometimes they say "there is some internal dust but it does not affect photo quality!" Do you believe that? Some listings just say it's tested and works fine with no indication of dust, haze, scratches, or fungus.

Would you ever order a lens from a seller who does not accept returns?
>>
>>3936783
Really curious to know where you think Sweden is. Africa? Antarctica?
>>
>>3937569
I don’t like to buy a lens on eBay unless I can see a light being shined through it somehow. There are some kinds of haze and fungus that don’t show up otherwise. I also don’t like to buy if the seller mentions any internal problems at all.
>>
>>3937569
Doesn't eBay rape sellers for trivial problems, can't PayPal give extra protection? Like if a seller says there's no problem and you find out there is eBay will force them to repay?
Haven't done this myself, but from what I've heard they pretty much always side with buyers.
>>
>>3937571
It's its own landmass.
>>
>>3937609
It's not like it's actually part of a peninsula attached to the Eurasian continent or something. You're absolutely right, it's actually an island. If you ignore geography.
>>
File: IMG_20210907_180606.jpg (4.66 MB, 4000x3000)
4.66 MB
4.66 MB JPG
180 USD for this. Did I get fucked? It's what I get for being impulsive.
>>
>>3937609
this is a fucking retarded take god damn

>Japan is not part of Asia
>Philippines is not part of Asia
>UK is not part of Europe
>Madagascar is not part of Africa
>>
>>3937609
>>3937615
It's actually Hyperborea
https://youtube.com/watch?v=v9l82rgYXHE
>>
>>3937609
>It's its own landmass.
I can't think of any reasonable reason anyone would choose to argue this other than as trolling, so I'm not going to bother responding anymore.
>>
>>3937620
What is it?
>>
Anyone here that have replaced a shutter? May be able to get a D610 for cheap, but with a broken shutter. Wondering if it's viable to bet on that the chinks can deliver a working shutter and that I'm able to replace it.
>>
>>3937569
A little dust on the inside of the lens won't affect things beyond the character of Bokeh wide open. A lot of dust is a problem. Generally, stick to this advice (>>3937575) and don't buy glass you can't see through.
>>
>>3937620
>>3937759
Is it a Pentacon?
>>
>>3937620
Take pictures with it. I will say that I don't really like using preset aperture lenses like that, though, because it can be easy to move the aperture preset ring when you're trying to hold the stop-down ring against a detent, but that just depends on the strength of the detent.
>>
You guys ever buy stuff from Japanese ebay sellers? There's tons of them. Seems like half the lens listings are in Japan. Do you have to pay extra for customs or whatever?
>>
>>3937920

I do. Haven't had any bad experiences. One sent me an origami crane with my lens which is a tradition that started as a token of friendship and respect after World War II.
>>
>>3937923
Omg that's so nice
>>
>>3937615
>>3937622
>>3937757

The culture, traditions and mentality of the people is so different from the rest of europe that you cannot bunch them together
>>
>>3937926
Would you all please shut the FUCK UP about FUCKING SWEDEN? NO ONE GIVES A SHIT. jesus christ.
>>
>>3937575
>>3937791
>>3937923

Alright that's the feedback I was looking for, thanks! Just bought a 60mm 2.8 Nikkor Micro lens on ebay from a Japanese store. Just the AF version, no AF-D, so it's the 1989-1993 model. The deal was too good, I had to pounce. We'll see what condition the lens is really in but it looked pretty fine, and yes it had several pictures peering through the glass itself. Not that I'm expecting a mint lens or anything, I just want something cool and cheap to take close up pictures of bugs and frogs.
>>
>>3937927
A lot of people seem to care.
>>
>>3937923
Lol I just got the same actually.
>>3937920
Ordered from several of them - always positive experiences. These are the ones with hundreds or thousands of reviews though.
>>
File: 1631397942399.jpg (1.11 MB, 2238x2984)
1.11 MB
1.11 MB JPG
>>3935283
Found this clean AE-1 on my uncle's closet
I should use it, but I'm used to shooting in aperture priority
>>
>>3938051
This is my concern with film cameras too, I'm spoiled. Feel like I would fuck up a few rolls trying to get used to it. That's a really great camera though.
>>
>>3937934
Holy shit it's fucking mint condition.

And it was $50 less than the other listings for rougher lenses, and it shipped instantly. Based Japanese sellers. This is the only way to buy gear for me forever.
>>
What's a good and trustworthy website where I can buy some used lenses?
>>
>>3939269

Honestly Robert's Camera in Indianapolis is decent and has an eBay. Picked my Df up there and a few lenses. Their used department is pretty based and they don't charge hipster tax
>>
>>3936084
I also buy every meme point and shoot I find at the thrift shop. I usually have it in mind to sell them, but once I put a roll through and confirm the camera works I always decide to hang on to it in the event that one of them breaks. There's nowhere to get these repaired and they are expensive.
>>
>>3936025
Did you make a profit when you sold it?
>>
File: DSC_0849.jpg (361 KB, 2000x1336)
361 KB
361 KB JPG
>>3939264
I have absolutely no idea how to use this thing and I know the depth of field is way too narrow, but it's already so much fun to shoot with. Super sharp. Now I just need a better camera that can work the autofocus and has IBIS.

Equipment MakeNIKON CORPORATION
Camera ModelNIKON D5500
Camera SoftwareVer.1.02
Maximum Lens Aperturef/4.8
Color Filter Array Pattern18126
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)90 mm
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2021:09:14 12:48:32
Exposure Time1/320 sec
F-Numberf/4.8
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating100
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length60.00 mm
Image Width2992
Image Height2000
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Gain ControlNone
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
File: 20210914-DSC01220.jpg (1.92 MB, 3662x1831)
1.92 MB
1.92 MB JPG
TAIR 11-A 135mm f/2.8 = 30 eurobucks
Pentacon G.D.R. 135mm f2.8 = 50 eurobucks
Nikon 105mm f/2.5 AI-s = 120 eurobucks
Kilfitt Makro Kilar E 4cm f2.8 = 185 eurobucks

>>3937620
You overpaid. Should've got a Tair or a Jupiter instead. But it has a great value for portraits, 15 blades is a killer feature.

>>3939288
>and I know the depth of field is way too narrow
Nice double digits. That's why you need to shoot at f/16-32 + flash.

Equipment MakeSONY
Camera ModelILCE-7RM3
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic 10.2 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.0
Image Created2021:09:14 21:00:51
Exposure Time1/30 sec
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating2000
Brightness-5.7 EV
Exposure Bias-1 EV
Metering ModeCenter Weighted Average
Light SourceUnknown
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>3939341
Yep, been shooting more with it and figuring that out fast. In the market for a cheap flash now.
>>
>>3939277
>they are expensive
Are these some good point and shoots? Pretty sure I've never seen one over $15.
>>
File: 000094900024.jpg (799 KB, 1080x716)
799 KB
799 KB JPG
>>3939700
I have a Minolta Zoom 110 and and an Olympus Infinity Stylus. The stylus has a sharp 35mm lens with a max aperture of 3.5 that's pretty fast for a point and shoot (picrel) and the going rate online is over $100. The Olympus mju II is the successor to mine and goes for about $350 because it has a faster max aperture of 2.8 and weather sealing.
Apparently Kendall Jenner appeared on a talk show a few years ago and talked about her Kontax T2 and now those go for $1000 used. The Kontax is a fantastic point and shoot though because it allows for aperture control and manual focus and has a very sharp lens. It's compact and is made of metal not plastic. Are these cameras good? Yeah they take great photos. They're overpriced in the current market though though. That's why anons coom themselves when they see one for sale at Savers for $5 because the staff assumes they are just a shitty 90s camera.

Equipment MakeNORITSU KOKI
Camera ModelEZ Controller
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS6 (Windows)
Image Width3024
Image Height2005
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image Created2021:09:05 17:23:13
Image Width1080
Image Height716
>>
>>3935711
Which batteries do you take? Do all cameras take the same battery?
>>
>>3939820

Good rule of thumb for batteries, 4 AA's, rechargeable of course so you can verify they're good by just charging them.

2CR5 and CR123 are the two common lithium batteries cameras took in the 1980s. PX625 for Canon AE1. LR44 for Nikon and most 1980s SLRs.
>>
Man. Son of a bitch. I was holding out for a Nikon D500 but a guy on Craigslist is selling a D7500 for 500 fuckin dollars, less than 10k shutter count. I don't think I can deny this deal. That's half of what I could get a D500 with 100,000 shots for. I've seen this guy, too, he had it for $600 a couple weeks back, and $700 a few weeks before that. He's pricing it to sell and it still hasn't because everyone except me wants a mirrorless.

I think I have to buy it. For $500 I can live with fewer focus points and one storage slot. I'll miss the illuminated buttons though.
>>
got an OM-1 body for $30 at a local camera shop. Fullfunctional, just needed some light seals. Then I bought a Zuiko 50mm 1.8 on ebay for $40. Also bought a 1966 Yashica Electro 35 in great condition from the same store for $22. Same deal, fully functional, just needs light seals.

Worst thirty buy: my first camera, an Albinar MS-2 (rebranded Chinon CM-5) with 28mm 2.8 lens for $60 off of etsy. I didn't know any better. It's still a great camera, though. Recently got a 135mm 2.8 lens for it for $10. K mount has its benefits
>>
>>3939820
>>3939822
CR2 is another common battery size.
Sometimes you'll also see CR123A, effectively the same as a CR123.
>>
File: PXL_20210916_174115547.jpg (3.99 MB, 4032x3024)
3.99 MB
3.99 MB JPG
>>3939851
Update, I bought it. $500 for what is basically a mint condition D7500. I feel like I stole it from the poor man. Didn't even attempt to haggle, it would have felt like an insult.

This thing is a dream to operate, I'm in love

>>
>>3940376
>$500 for what is basically a mint condition D7500
>no AI finger
a waste
>>
>>3940376
>D7500
i don't understand whats so special about it.
how does it differ from a d500?
>>
>>3940468
the D500 is good
>>
>>3939798
Should check Swedish auction site Tradera, seema to be quite cheap there. Don't know if it's any specific models, but probably not as much "hipster tax" here. Quite a few ships in the EU I think, or that you can ask dor international shipping.
>>
>>3940467
>no AI finger
What's an AI finger?
>>
File: file.png (1020 KB, 1000x930)
1020 KB
1020 KB PNG
>>3940477
The AI coupling finger used for aperture feedback from the lens that's on every FX body, the D500, the D7000, the D7100, the D7200, and not the D7500.
>>
File: 35-2.jpg (161 KB, 1024x768)
161 KB
161 KB JPG
came with a N4004 which I threw away

Comment FocusArea=000100000
>>
>>3940484
What a retarded decision
>>
>>3940468
It was half the price of the cheapest used D500, that's what's special about it! I really was not going to get this camera and I WAS going to hold out for a D500, but hey man the price is right.

I have sifted through all the endless lore of this godforsaken camera and here's what I've learned. It was obviously compromised on release to not step on the D500's market and it caused people to turn against it and urge buyers to stick with the D7200, or jump to the D500. The value for a brand new body was not the best. It was kind of a side-grade, some better features, some weaker features. And since release, this attitude still exists and it's impossible to find a single boomer thread anywhere talking about this camera without comparing it to a D7200 or a D500. But fuck man, this listing was cheaper than a used D7200. This is in the D5600 price-range. When it's a good deal it's a good deal, so I snatched it up, and I so far I absolutely love it. But hey I look forward to posters checking my exifs and recommended a D500 from now on anyway.

>>3940467
>>3940480
I'll do my very best to find a way to live without this critical feature.
>>
>>3940526

Don't listen to gearfags, the only time you need that AI ring and the focus motor is to use old Nikon lenses on that digital body and the newer lenses have better coatings and better contrast, older film lenses are coated for film anyway.

Newer lenses are coated for the microlenses on digital sensors, if you're buying a D7xxx you aren't planning to use old lenses on it anyway. You did good, I'm jelly AF. 10/10 would slap my Tamron 150-600 on it and do Eggy creepshots.
>>
>>3940672
Thanks Sugar! I'm jelly of that Tamron. That'll be my next impulse purchase.
>>
>>3940679

Get the later G2 model, I like my G1 but the front element group is prone to dust and fungus forming inside it and it's not something you can fix they are a sealed system and you have to send it in for repair, they had a recall on it when they were new but you have to have proof of purchase, the G2 solved this problem and a few others the G1 has.

Still a good lens, if you find a good deal on a G1 jump on it.
>>
>>3940672
>the only time you need that AI ring and the focus motor is to use old Nikon lenses on that digital body
You mean almost any given time he finds a cheap deal on a nice lens from before 2005?
Don't be a retard Sug, the screwdriver lenses and AI coatings and optical formulas are as good and better build in many cases too.
>>
>>3940511
>What a retarded decision

why? Have you been looking for a N4004? I've got at least 2 N80s. I'm not even sure how many. I had at least 3, one is on extended loan. And a F4 and FE and FG.
>>
>>3940672
>older film lenses are coated for film anyway
And even older ones are not coated at all. Does the logic then follow then that uncoated lenses are for BW film? No. Newer lenses are coated to compensate for weird fringing and optical fuckery caused by using 20 elements in a 50mm lens to eliminate flares.
>>
File: EC02NIKOND2X_7x1200.jpg (1.07 MB, 1500x1403)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB JPG
I just bought one of these with an 80-210 f4 for 300 bucks.

It only has 45000 clicks, apparently it was used at a studio and it never saw the outside.

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 7D
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS5 Windows
Maximum Lens Aperturef/5.7
Image Width5184
Image Height3456
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image Created2015:04:13 11:35:24
Exposure Time1/160 sec
F-Numberf/14.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating1000
Lens Aperturef/14.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeCenter Weighted Average
Focal Length119.00 mm
Image Width1500
Image Height1403
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
>>
>>3942249
Nice deal, anon.
>>
A bit boring perhaps, but got a Nikkor af-s DX 35mm 1.8f for like half the new price. Looked like new and had everything in the box, even with what I assume is the original plastic bag inside.
>>
>>3940871

yup. you can use them on color film it will just look a bit desaturated in most situations. Early single-coat lenses were designed to transmit the maximum amount of blue light for BW film to render good contrast. If you look at a lot of older lenses they either have a blue or yellow coating on them for this.
>>
>>3942249

I tested it today under the rain. It has poor snr but colours are like nothing I've seen before, and it is a bliss to use >>3943377
>>
File: DSC_5220.jpg (1.17 MB, 2048x1365)
1.17 MB
1.17 MB JPG
>>3940376
i went from a d5600 to a d500

honestly the biggest deal for me was the sensor
like holy fucking shit it's amazing
alot of features with the d500 I never used really, like full 10fps shooting, the xqd slot

but going from a d5600 to the d500 was coomworthy

Camera ModelNIKON D500
Camera SoftwareAdobe Lightroom 4.1 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Color Filter Array Pattern812
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)25 mm
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2021:09:21 18:06:02
Exposure Time1/320 sec
F-Numberf/2.8
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating4000
Lens Aperturef/2.8
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeOther
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length17.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Gain ControlHigh Gain Up
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessSoft
>>
>>3943548
>d5600 to a d500
>sensor
Speaking of which. Why does it have less pixles (24 vs 20)? Is it because it captures more light?
>>
File: DSC_0134.jpg (1.04 MB, 2048x1505)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB JPG
>>3943729
megapickels aren't the only spec of a sensor that matters
I think what makes the d500 sensor alot better is the signal to noise ratio, especially at higher ISO
with my d5600, shooting above 1600 iso was pretty sketchy, 3200 felt pretty unusable
the grain on the d500 was much more pleasing

also the d500 is a 'sports/action' focused camera so 20mp is kindof the sweetspot between resolution and file size so the camera doesnt slow down when shooting at 10fps w/ a fast memory card

picrel, first concert i ever shot with a 5600 and kit lens

Camera ModelNIKON D5300
Maximum Lens Aperturef/4.8
Color Filter Array Pattern824
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)60 mm
Image Created2021:09:25 10:49:40
Exposure Time1/250 sec
F-Numberf/4.8
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating3200
Lens Aperturef/4.8
Exposure Bias1/3 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length40.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Gain ControlHigh Gain Up
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
File: DSC_4818.jpg (1.28 MB, 2048x1365)
1.28 MB
1.28 MB JPG
>>3943747
picrel w/ dingle 500

Camera ModelNIKON D500
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.7
Color Filter Array Pattern812
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)52 mm
Image Created2021:09:25 10:45:57
Exposure Time1/500 sec
F-Numberf/2.2
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating1000
Lens Aperturef/2.2
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeOther
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length35.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Gain ControlLow Gain Up
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessSoft
>>
>>3943747
>I think what makes the d500 sensor alot better is the signal to noise ratio, especially at higher ISO
That probably have to do with what i wrote, that it captures more light. Since the lower numbers of pixels means that each individual pixel will be larger ( therefore get more light) on the same sensor size.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.