[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/p/ - Photography

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 61 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]


[Advertise on 4chan]


File: DSC_3101.jpg (2.18 MB, 1500x2254)
2.18 MB
2.18 MB JPG
is there a better forum or imageboard or online community for discussing photog than /p/? this board is too slow for me. anywhere other than reddit and instagram?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeNIKON CORPORATION
Camera ModelNIKON D700
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic 9.2 (Macintosh)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.7
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Color Filter Array Pattern780
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)50 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2021:06:02 18:44:58
Exposure Time1/800 sec
F-Numberf/8.0
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/8.0
Exposure Bias-0.7 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length50.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Gain ControlNone
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
>>3898935
Pentax Forums if you're an abominable boomer retard is pretty good.
>>
>>3898935
>ThIs BoArD iS tO sLoW fOr Me
Then post more
And please not such bullshit
/thread
>>
File: DSC_6050.jpg (1.63 MB, 1500x1875)
1.63 MB
1.63 MB JPG
>>3898940
you're suggesting that my complaint is invalid because I'm not enough of an activist? lmao

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeNIKON CORPORATION
Camera ModelNIKON D600
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic 9.2 (Macintosh)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Color Filter Array Pattern844
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)28 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2021:06:03 23:32:03
Exposure Time1/400 sec
F-Numberf/3.2
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating400
Lens Aperturef/3.2
Exposure Bias-0.7 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length28.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Gain ControlLow Gain Up
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
>>3898935
All the problems this board has and the slowness is the one that did it for you?
>>
>>3898935
PPH is a crutch.
>>3898955
This. Crutchposting comes to mind.
>>
>>3898935
https://photography-on-the.net/forum/
>>
>>3898955
yeah I don't mind most of the rest of it, I just like a place to read peoples thoughts and see what other random people are shooting. the nophotos, tripfags, fuji posters, gear threads dont really bother me that much, I tend to gloss over them.
>>
>>3898959
That place is even slower than /p/
>>
After spending a lot of time on /mu/ I’d say I’d prefer slower posts where you can actually tell whose posting more or less and have some semblance of a community, rather than the same retarded zoomers posting the same shit over and over and over and goddamn over again. The amount of times I told those fuckers that /mu/core was supposed to be entry level. There are no filters on 4chan so more posts just mean a higher volume of bullshit.
Anywhere else is going to be boomershit or zoomershit
>>
>>3898935
>this board is too slow for me
Are you a cokehead or does your dopamine kick runs out quickly? This is probably the fastest photo-related site there is.
>>
FredMiranda.
>>
>>3898967
>fuji posters
I wonder who that is
>>
>>3899019
It only picks up when there is shit flinging in gear threads or autistic posting in isi threads, though.
>>
>>3899065
Same like in every other place, it's gear fights or fools catering to average individuals. Check DPR or Pentacks forums, it's gear discussion; look at other photo-posting places, it's simps and pretentious grifters.
>>
>>3899019
not endorsing reddit but pretty much any photography related subreddit is faster than this board. the only reason I'm on here is because I used to come to 4chan as a teen and I remember posting here when I was first getting into photography. I remember the board being much faster then, I was shocked to come back and see 10 day-old threads lingering in the catalog
>>
>>3898935
Facebook
>>
File: zsv9vlppyr271.jpg (64 KB, 750x703)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>3898935
>anywhere other than reddit
Why? Too stupid to figure out how to effectively use reddit?
>>
>>3899231
shhh, the very mention of the R word strikes fear and loathing in the the hearts of 4chantards.

r/photography is pretty much the same as here, all gear fagging and trash, but without /p/s resident fuckwit (I heard he got banned). r/Casual_Photography has pictures but it is really slow.
>>
>>3899177
It's because general threads have brought the activity on this board to a screeching halt.
>>
>>3899274
You're wrong, though. General threads are the crutch of a board whose activity has been brought down to a screeching halt.
>>
>>3899274
The general and the isi threads are really the only reason to come here
>>
>>3899273
from what i've seen most of reddit is full of absolute garbage normie tier photos, other than r/analog

>>3899352
lol OP here and these are the threads I find extremely boring, I'm more interested in the sporadic niche threads
>>
>>3899413
>lol OP here and these are the threads I find extremely boring, I'm more interested in the sporadic niche threads
thats cool man have you tried /r/suicidemethods?
>>
Sadly, I don't think there's decent conversations being had about photography almost anywhere. Photography is a marriage of science, technology and visual arts, but only the first two things get most/all of the attention. The latter category is an untapped well of interesting discussion, that people shy away from because "it's all subjective" or "there's nothing to say". It starts with simple questions like: why does anyone including myself take photos? What does the photos they take say about them, especially what they include or don't include? What possibly can I glean about their inner world and personal life just looking at their images? How effective are they at expressing themselves by using a camera? What in the images is interesting to me as the viewer? Are there any narratives to be constructed from viewing them? And so on. But people don't ask these questions; instead they take a glance at it, critique the immediate stuff like composition and subject (without going deeper), then spend a lot of energy on stuff like the exposure settings, or what camera was used to shoot it.
>>
>>3899448
The question of "what camera was used" may relate far more to technically impressive shots that you can get sometimes.
When you see a picture in a nature magazine of a kingfisher bird emerging from the water with its catch in its claws, you ask the question "how did they capture that?", which is always a "what gear was necessary?" question.

I often find that with a lot of photography that you see on display, the vast majority of it is either studio portraiture or outdoor available light portraiture.
There was an outdoor photo exhibit in a park I went to the other week. Almost all of the portraits were posed or so fabricated, that it felt artificial.
There were a handful of candids which were neat to look at, but ultimately, what pissed me off the most were these false colour photos of poppy plants and flowers. Oh look, it's an aqua poppy on a burgundy background. Haha, it's pop art... in a photography installation???
I also saw some introduction to abject art a few weeks back. The example given was a photograph (on what looks like Kodak Porta) of some uncooked chicken and a doll without clothes.
Hmm... yes... art.
My photography mostly consists of (allegedly boring) landscapes, macro shots of plants and insects, cat photos (lmao), bird photos and the odd boat or ship. I sometimes also take architecture photos which I honestly love the look of most, but idk how many people think that stuff looks cool.
>>
>>3899448
you can find this discussion at literally any college campus or city with an art scene, anon. try going outside
>>
>>3899512
Is he supposed to just like, wander up and start talking?
>>
File: 1623129392827.png (2.27 MB, 1888x3748)
2.27 MB
2.27 MB PNG
>>3898935
>this board is too slow for me
And that's a good thing

Do you want /p/ to turn into a shitposting board like /lit/? Any board with increased traffic turns to shit, just look at /an/ or /out/ now, they used to be good boards even 1 year ago.
>>
>>3899541
Saved.
Sadly this board is no stranger to that process, redditors have poured in from everywhere and they kvetch at words like "newfag" because of them being "homophobic". They want to turn 4chan into the same thing that non-4chan is.
>>
>>3899545
Fuck off, newfag.
>>
File: 1599588022896.jpg (174 KB, 500x600)
174 KB
174 KB JPG
>>3899545
you're not welcome here either
>>
>>3899549
Joke's on you, I haven't bothered with /pol/ in ages. You're trying to change the identity of 4chan instead of assimilating. There's tons of places that aren't like this, why don't you go there instead of trying to force your secondhand moralfagging on us?
>>
>>3899541
well I'm not a reactionary moron so this doesn't concern me and I don't agree with your analysis. that image is also hilarious
>>
>>3899541
different anon here loleing @ this image
>>
>>3899552
>/pol/nigger tries to call others newfag
you have to go back, redditor
>>
>>3898935
this is easily one of the best photography discussion spaces on the internet

the slowness is a feature not a bug
>>
File: 2021-06-11 01_24_30.png (86 KB, 1540x457)
86 KB
86 KB PNG
>>3899559
>the slowness is a feature not a bug
this.

/lit/ used to be a slow board, and people actually read books and discussed literature. They created some of the best literature infographics and reading lists on the internet. I miss the /lit/ of 10 years ago.
Then at some point around 2015/2016 the /pol/niggers got tired of infesting /tv/ and decided to spill over to /lit/. Now nobody on /lit/ reads books, and any serious discussion threads get 2-3 bumped off by garbage /pol/-bait and garbage shitposting.

/p/ has managed to survive being flooded by newfags. I hope it stays this way.
The slowness keeps away shitposters because they get bored quickly and leave.
If this board moves any faster, it will quickly become ruined
>>
>>3899522
yeah. What the fuck did you think anon meant?
>>
>>3899448
this is literally shit I went over in my photo 1 class in hs. Granted, it was mostly about the technical aspects of a camera, but the assignments were always geared at exploring different styles of photography and different compositional questions, which only became more refined as I continued taking more classes. If you don't see these convos being had then you need to get outside more or you aren't as clever or insightful as you think you are
>>
File: 1600096113384.gif (102 KB, 128x128)
102 KB
102 KB GIF
>>3899541
> the classic "people grow up and move on with their lives"
> other younger people who are different people and not the same ones as before join the community
> this is cultural genocide on an image board
>>
File: smugmary.jpg (36 KB, 750x406)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
>>3899558
Joke's on you, I was an /o/ilfag from the start.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareGoogle
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width750
Image Height406
>>
File: 787.png (1.87 MB, 1756x884)
1.87 MB
1.87 MB PNG
>>3899566
> this is cultural genocide on an image board
and you're part of the problem, frognigger
>>
>>3899569
Seriously though. I can't remember a time where memes were as stale as they are now. It feels like living in an eternal ragecomic era.
>>
>>3899565
>>3899512
Name three websites where this happens. Op asked about websites.

>About different styles and composition
Not what I was talking about, try reading things before responding next time.
>>
>>3899413
>other than r/analog
LOL
>>
>>3899273
>/p/s resident fuckwit
who might that be?
>>
>>3899559
>this could be one of the best photography discussion spaces on the internet
>the slowness is a feature not a bug
FTFY
>>
File: teeth.gif (3.34 MB, 800x600)
3.34 MB
3.34 MB GIF
>>3899617
Eat shit
>>
>>3899177
Stay there then you homo, you forgot the most important thing of the old days but to be fair so did everyone else.
>>
>>3899718
>clinging to the good old days like a barnacle on the bottom of a faded old row boat left stranded on a forgotten stretch of beach.
>>
>>3899274
it's RPT that nearly killed /p/ in the past 3-4 years

though /p/ has gotten much better this past year, I'm seeing a lot more themed photo threads (clouds, landscape, B&W, architecture, etc.).
The challenges thread are also nice
>>
File: 1613504990810.gif (2.1 MB, 1088x838)
2.1 MB
2.1 MB GIF
>>3899571
>Seriously though. I can't remember a time where memes were as stale as they are now. It feels like living in an eternal ragecomic era.
all the constant frog and basedjack spam makes me miss ragecomics tbqh
>>
>>3899545
>redditors
Been here for a while and I can't understand why you all getting banned for shit posting/badmouthing/insulting people and passing it as "tough love" to get better makes you keep badmouthing reddit.
>>
>>3899832
I rarely get banned though, and never perma'd. Helps not being a spamming retard I guess.
I criticize redditors because their faggotry sticks out like a sore thumb. Reddit is a site that rewards conformity by design. A site created to suppress unpopular opinions and boost popular ones. A site centered around having a well-conforming identity that mirrors that of the crowd. A nightmare. Imageboards are the opposite.
>>
Yes and No
This place is very much intended to be anonymous forum and losing out on exposure is one thing photographers hate the most
>>
>>3899797
I still don't really get your argument here.
Like, just use the catalog?
>>
>>3899583
I'll give you one guess
>>
>>3900077
Isi?
>>
>>3899936
reddit was unironically great back in like 2006. Had a BBS/newsgroup feel that was very comfy. Shortly thereafter, the whole internet began to break. And now we have this unusable corporate two-minute-hate zoo that we use now.

I'm very much looking forward to the meshnet or UHFnet or whatever winds up taking the place of this whole DARPA shithole, because it is fucking broken. I've thought about starting a photography something on ZeroNet but every time I consider it, I come to the realization that the best solution is to just stop using an internet altogether.
>>
Claiming brand loyalty to a forum is retarded. There are always going to be people who like things you don't like and that do things in ways that you don't. I prefer to base my conclusions on as wide a variety of opinions as possible.

The only real difference between Reddit and this place is that /p/ tolerates shitposting and abuse. Otherwise they are both mostly gear fagging. The only area where /p/ scores over reddit is that it easier to identify and hide the shit.
>>
>>3900078
Wrong ... again
>>
>>3900085
You're thinking of a club. They used to exist.
>>
File: DSC_6172.jpg (3 MB, 1600x2000)
3 MB
3 MB JPG
OP here, didn't intend to cause so much discourse on the state of the board or its flaws. Just was looking for recs of any other forums or social media sites you anons also frequent.

I do enjoy elements of this board, partly due to old 4chan nostalgia and partially due to reading posts from anons with niche photographic interests or anons who live in far-away places who post photos, but on the whole I don't think this board is a great collection of posts or wisdom. Most people are nophotos and a lot of the photos posted are really quite bad. that's not to say I think I'm particularly talented, but I would ideally be reading or posting in a place where I could learn a lot from the community.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
>>
>>3900119
Who would you say the best photographer around here is, OP, besides yourself of course?
>>
>>3900123
like I said I really don't think I am particularly good, I just don't think the average talent level of this board is much above "complete beginner" or "collects cameras but takes no photos", and I'd prefer to be on a forum where a lot of active photographers were posting photos.

Also how would I answer that question on an anonymous image board? I remember there was a guy like 10 years ago who posted a lot of 35mm photos from travels through Asian countries and I really enjoyed his threads
>>
>>3900125
>Also how would I answer that question on an anonymous image board?
As I suspected. You need to lurk moar and always did, and you weren't around 10 years ago so stop pretending.
>>
>>3900125
I think a lot of people who read /p/ feel the same.
Conversation here is dominated by one particular nophoto poster who has nothing else to do all day apart from shitpost. A lot of people look at this and just think, why bother.
>>
>>3900135
What if OP is that guy, Anon?
>>
File: DSC_5794.jpg (861 KB, 2247x1500)
861 KB
861 KB JPG
>>3900140
I'm not a nophoto obviously

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeNIKON CORPORATION
Camera ModelNIKON D600
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic 9.2 (Macintosh)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/4.1
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Color Filter Array Pattern844
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)78 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2021:05:14 15:21:32
Exposure Time1/800 sec
F-Numberf/5.0
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/5.0
Exposure Bias-1/3 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length78.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Gain ControlNone
ContrastHard
SaturationHigh
SharpnessSoft
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
>>3900142
>>3900142
oh you're that old fag from maine
try dpreview, you'll fit in there kekkums
>>
>>3900140
That guy knows who that guy is. He also knows that everyone else knows who he is. He revels in it, it is the only thing that gives his life meaning.
>>
>>3900142
neato desu
>>
File: Paranoid-wormji.jpg (68 KB, 549x558)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>3900135
>its just one guy

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width549
Image Height558
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>3900142
Nice shot bro
>>
>>3900183
why is it that lots of people think this? its like the opposite of a conspiracy lol
>>
>>3900191
Because he signs his posts, just like he did here >>3900183
>>
>>3900143
when I was on here long ago I didn't post photos so I doubt I'm who you're thinking of, I was a high schooler just getting started with 35mm

>>3900180
>>3900190
thanks! its hard not to fall in a meme of just shooting the coastline where I am
>>
>>3900198
It's as if he wants people to know its him even while he's denying it
>>
>>3900007
are you new to /p/?
there was a period of several years when gear threads and gear thread shitposts overran any photo threads. And any new photo threads would get pushed down because of the gear threads.

Because of that newbies would learn to post only in the /rpt/, making /rpt/ a very fast general, but leaving the catalog empty of photo threads.
I'm glad that we've reached enough momentum with posting photo threads that there are enough separately themed photo threads in the catalog now
>>
>>3900209
>I'm glad that we've reached enough momentum with posting photo threads that there are enough separately themed photo threads in the catalog now
>we
it's just isi, honestly.
>>
>>3900264
I don't really know if I'd call those threads productive to the board desu, no one else posts feedback in them, it's just an echo chamber. It's almost like she is using 4chan as file storage
>>
>>3900267
>no one else posts feedback in them
People do, it just gets buried in an avalanche of shit posts.
Also people can enjoy them with feeling the need to comment. We know isi's style and we know what to expect. People who don't like it can hide it with a simple click.
>>
File: 2021filters.png (20 KB, 399x493)
20 KB
20 KB PNG
>>3900297
>People who don't like it can hide it with a simple click.
yeah, if you're like, supremely bad at 4chan.

And there is no feedback in isi threads. There are simps, trolls, and the occasional unlucky retard who wanders in and tries to give meaningful feedback and is immediately shot down by the simps and then isi herself, who is fundamentally incapable of accepting that not only is she not the best photographer in history, but not even the best photographer on this board.

And that's by a country mile.
>>
>>3900319
I don't think isi thinks that about herself, Anon, she's a big fan of that Thief guy's work as well.
And that's by a city block.
>>
>>3900319
>herself
anon I have bad news for you
>>
>>3900332
He knows, Anon.
He missed out.
>>
File: ify709jkcm7y.jpg (212 KB, 1477x1941)
212 KB
212 KB JPG
>>3900085
>reddit was unironically great back in like 2006. Had a BBS/newsgroup feel that was very comfy. Shortly thereafter, the whole internet began to break.
2007 ruined everything
>>
>>3900333 (checked)
lol I see

>>3900198
>>3900183
just one guy, q.e.d.
>>
>>3900332
Gender is performative, you fucking faggot. Life is literally so easy if you just listen to people instead of trying to skate uphill.
>>
>>3899477
what you are lamenting is the fact that photography has become accessible imo. it's not just a small circle of educated creatives publishing through an even smaller sphere of periodicals. it's ted next door taking pics of his cat, miriam of flowers, katrina of her tits in a bra for instagram and so on. technical feats and exclusive gear is merely an attempt to weed out the banality because at the end of the day almost all subjects except for heavily contrived studio work, are banal as people are capturing them 24/7 globally and publishing them round the clock thanks to digital photography and social media.
>>
>>3900344
hello isi (or is it one of his simps?)
>>
>>3900354
Could be anyone really, we all hate you.
>>
>>3900357
>we all
you're one person, schizo

>>3900344
if gender is performative, why can't you give birth?
>>
>>3900344
at this point you're just saving and spreading those sad >greentexts from Instagram pages, mate
>>
>>3900358
No really, you are loathed by all. Think about it, what is there to like about you?
>>
>>3900365
Who is he?
>>
>>3900366
You know, the resident fuckwit.
>>
>>3900358
>if gender is performative, why can't you give birth?

so any woman that hasn't given birth yet is not a woman? pretty retarded example
>>
>>3900368
what's his name?
>>
File: paranoidworjmi.jpg (153 KB, 666x677)
153 KB
153 KB JPG
>>3900368
Take your meds.
>>
>>3900372
>Have you got any other pictures that one is getting a bit long in the tooth
>>
wtf happened to my thread :(

guess i'll just go over to DPReview and try to navigate the web 1.0 interface
>>
>>3900625
Please don't come back, faggot.
>>
>>3899745
It's either that or being eaten by AIDS-ridden homo whales in a sea of piss and indian poo
>>
>>3900085
Digg used to be really comfy too, but then Kevin Rose decided to take out every good feature the website had in 2010.
A lot of the user influx to Reddit was when that happened.
>>
>>3900350
So gear fags were the based ones after all?
>>
>>3900085
There's still some photo imageboards around but they are empty as in 5 users at the very most, the problem is no cohesive ongoing groups because a couple of guys will stop posting when they realize they are talking to the same anon with no real changes in content.
Going to the ZeroNet is the same deal, you can get it going but getting the people to join in a sizeable manner is the tough part, people are addicted to always seeing new posts every hour.
>>
>>3900350
Photography being accessible doesn't bother me. People fetishizing consumer technology while passing it off as "I'm interested in cameras!", But all the while eschewing any meaningful discourse on photography itself, bothers me.

>Damn near everything has been photographed
If you mean the raw subject matter maybe. But when I am out with my camera I seem to almost always be by myself with one, which means people aren't always shooting exactly what I am in terms of the exact subject in the exact place in the exact time of day.
>>
>>3900703
I took control of /p/ on 8kun but got permabanned the very next day for Fedpoasting on /pnd/ lol.
>>
>>3900723
>If you mean the raw subject matter maybe. But when I am out with my camera I seem to almost always be by myself with one, which means people aren't always shooting exactly what I am in terms of the exact subject in the exact place in the exact time of day.
noooo everything has been photographed befoooooore nooooo the light is always the same tooo nooo I can't use my camera noooooo

>People fetishizing consumer technology while passing it off as "I'm interested in cameras!"
They're not people, Anon, those are cattle. We must create burgers.
>>
>>3900728
>I can't use my camera nooooo
Kek, good point. It's like nophotos need an excuse to be nophotos. "Photography isn't fun unless I'm a unique snowflake" is but one of those excuses.
>>
>>3900725
I meant places a bit deeper than that hole, although you just confirmed to me the old BO from there never came back after the rebrand. Shame, he was a seemingly nice guy. Did you post there back in the day?
>>
>>3900725
I can't imagine how utterly talentless a photography board on 8kun must have been
>>
>>3900350
I don't think anyone thinks a unique subject is that important, it's more about the photographers perspective.
>>
>>3900756
like you're swimming in some deep well of talent here, lmao
>>
>>3900756
Take a gander yourself, only two gear threads and the rest of the catalogue is photos.
>>
>>3900723
>>3900733
Yet you are are the one having a hard time with photography despite claiming how unique your subjects and scenes are...
>>
>>3899477
>When you see a picture in a nature magazine of a kingfisher bird emerging from the water with its catch in its claws, you ask the question "how did they capture that?", which is always a "what gear was necessary?" question.

Maybe a long time ago. Nowadays it's pretty obvious: D500, 7D Mark II or any modern FF camera with a long lens.

Honestly, I never ask what camera something was shot on. And I never ask about settings either. This is what people mean when they say the camera doesn't matter. I'm looking at a photo because I think it looks good and interesting, and I'm curious about the subject and the way it's lit and portrayed. I'm curious if the photographer has any other work for me to explore. I don't give a damn what camera was used. It really doesn't matter.
>>
>>3900760
According to who? Where did I say I struggled? You're the one saying it's all about stupid gear and irrelevant bullshit. I'm the one consistently taking photos and enjoying myself. Quit projecting.
>>
>>3900765
In your posts whining? No projecting here. And now you are swearing and using hyperbole. Seems you are upset because you can't express your frustrations very well.
>>
>>3900758
>>3900759
i mean, I'm OP.. so no, I don't like this board either. But holy shit the 8kun one must have been so much worse
>>
>>3900766
There's more than one person in the thread. I've made like two posts here and one of them was the response that you replied to.

>No projecting here
Insisting that "everything has been shot before" is pretty hardcore projection.
>>
>>3899563
People will just consider you a weird creep.
>>
>>3899231
>>3899273
samefag, same retard, same plebbitor to the trash

imagine wanting to play the gayass modcock sucking consensus chasing karma hunting game to get good boi points from retarded obese high estrogen bugmen
>>
>>3904509
Not your cup of tea then, eh?
I'm fine with that. I means we only have to put up with your knuckle-dragging codswallop on the one board.
>>
>>3898935
Unrelated but what is this editing/preset style called? Ive seen a few people use it.
>>
>>3898935
Reddit more or less destroyed most forums.
Unfortunately their retarded "haha post is old so we lock it" makes Reddit unsuitable for any ongoing discussions and any topic needs to have a weekly sticky or something in a sub, so it's tiresome and garbage.

4chan is ideal because you get niggers stopping by dropping facts and proof and peacing out, while Redditors are kikes obsessing over up/downvotes. Also any opinion that's not PC or leftist is frowned upon on Reddit. So, for example, photographing rioters at BLM protests is seen as "evil" and asking questions on how to stay safe while documenting such crime will lead to your posts being deleted on Reddit and maybe you being banned. On 4chan anons will give you advice like saying carry bear spray if legal, to wear a helmet so rioters and their bricks won't make a veggie outta you, and to configure a livestream so you have evidence (for insurance claims or law enforcement) if your shit gets stolen.

Most photo forums these days are pretty dead or slow and /p/ ironically has a pretty big following since there's no barrier to entry (accounts, logins). You might be expecting too much. Most things relating to photography have already been discussed in great detail so forums are usually filled with morons asking noob questions and getting linked to articles explaining basics.
>>
>>3904936
>any opinion that's not PC or leftist is frowned upon
Nah. There's right wing safe spaces on Reddit too; particularly subs like r/conservative or r/politicalcompassmemes.

>kikes obsessing over up and downvotes
Hardly any different from people who post here to bait for (You)s. Look at the level of stupid troll threads you see on 4chan, especially on the highly trafficked boards like /v/ and /fit/. Posting shitty coomer or racebait or standard incel/relationship threads because everyone knows those'll be popular and get the most interaction. 4chan is overall far more similar to the evil R word boogeyman - both in its nature as social media and it's subsequent dopamine "reward system" - than anyone here seems to want to admit.
>>
>>3900770
>Insisting that "everything has been shot before" is pretty hardcore projection.
Yet you admit that yourself... lol
>>
>>3905008
you are delusional. reddit is one of the most pc shit holes online
>>
>>3905014
not that anon, but Reddit is just a reflection of the culture at-large. It's clearly astroturfed and meant for manufacturing consent and directing the narrative of the internet.
>>
>>3905008
I think you're missing the point anon. The issue with Reddit isn't that they have left wing boards, it's that they always take down the right wing ones. Same issue with a lot of social media in general but I find Reddit a good highlight of this. 4chan doesn't have an upvote system like Reddit does so even if shit is meant to bait a certain group of people that use this site (we all know who they are), they can only measure it through how many replies they get to the thread rather than how much actual engagement is going on. I honestly hate Reddit's upvote system because it's about appealing to the masses rather than something that promotes individuality or creativity. I don't think your opinion is wrong per say but definitely a few points that could be brushed up.
>>
>>3905049
Yeah the karma system is much worse than the lefty slant. Reddit is where people go to become another brick in the wall.
>>
>>3905057
>another brick in the wall.

They are just fucking forums where most people spout drivel.

It's funny how people on 4chan get their panties in a twist about Reddit. No one on Reddit gives a flying fuck about 4chan.

But either way both places are 90% garbage populated by idiots. Go in, take the bits that interest you and leave. If you are spending more than a few minutes on either of them, if you are worrying about karma or (you)s, board culture, shitty memes. If you despise one because it is too left or right wing than the other then you have already lost it.

You might believe you are thinking for yourself but you are not you are just aligning yourself with the other side. Just a brick in another wall and a victim of those that profit from division.
>>
>>3905089
Based, /thread.
>>
>>3899558
You really don't fucking belong.
>>
>>3905089
Reddit is huge and relatively small migrations from reddit change the userbase of 4chan a lot.
>But either way both places are 90% garbage populated by idiots. Go in, take the bits that interest you and leave. If you are spending more than a few minutes on either of them, if you are worrying about karma or (you)s, board culture, shitty memes. If you despise one because it is too left or right wing than the other then you have already lost it.
>You might believe you are thinking for yourself but you are not you are just aligning yourself with the other side. Just a brick in another wall and a victim of those that profit from division.
lol
The reason I'm saying reddit is where people go to become another brick in the wall also applies to its alt right twin voat. Those are places that reward conformity. Places where people try to mimic the rest so they can get more upvotes.
4chan is the opposite. If you're controversial you get exposure, you don't get your comment hidden. Lots of posts backlink to your own so it becomes more visible if you go against the grain. This means a lot of people enjoy baiting pointlessly, but it also means you have a chance to be heard if your opinion doesn't go with the grain. Older forums with karma systems weren't as bad as reddit, because karma was something that showed besides your name but didn't impact the visibility of your message.
>>
>>3905142
>accuses others of being a nophoto while not posting a photo

it never fails.
>>
File: 38 38 38 (1 of 13).jpg (4.27 MB, 6123x8165)
4.27 MB
4.27 MB JPG
>>3905142
>nophoto
You dare utter my holy words?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
>>
>>3905008
>Hardly any different from people who post here to bait for (You)s.
The people who frequent Reddit and desperately farm karma are entirely different from the bait posters on 4chan.
>>
>3905219
That's actually cute that you think that. Naive, but cute.
>>
>>3905222
Cope.
>>
>3905226
Not before you stop seething.
>>
>>3905243
I'm not telling you to cope, I'm saying what you're doing is cope.
>>
>3905285
lol okay.

look, scrublet, there are contrarian faggots in literally every thread on reddit. literally no one gives a fuck about karma, and it's cute that you think it's any more of a social motivator than some fat (You)'s.
>>
>>3905288
And those "contrarian faggots" surely get -1'd into nonexistence, your point?
Funny that you seethe so hard you fail to properly quote my post thinking (You)s matter to me, redditor.
You're addressing my post, and if anything the misquoting betrays your passive-aggressive coping mechanism. It makes your bitter replies tastier, not duller. You poor thing.
>>
File: wowmycontroversy.png (9 KB, 175x250)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
>3905294
I'm deliberately deleting a meme arrow so that I won't feed you any tasty (You)'s because I knew it would trigger you right in the pussy like the bitchmade softboy you are, lmao. It shows how desperate you are for acknowledgement and validation for stirring up "controversy".

Reddit literally gives you the option to sort by downvoted, contrarian, or downvoted posts, fucktard. They don't hide it, it's just that shitposting shouldn't be the first thing you see.
>>
File: tom.jpg (18 KB, 298x420)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>3905300
>any tasty (You)'s because I knew it would trigger you right in the pussy like the bitchmade softboy you are
You're delusional if you think I care more about (You)s than about your meltdown.You're projecting your anger and I'm enjoying every bit of it. And giving you (You)s in the process because I don't care. Stupid newfag, did you even know back in the day you had to ctrl+F the post number because there were no backlinks? It's merely the technical side recognizing a social custom.
>Reddit literally gives you the option to sort by downvoted, contrarian, or downvoted posts, fucktard. They don't hide it, it's just that shitposting shouldn't be the first thing you see.
Right, "shitposting". More like opinions the NPCs don't like. It's the same thing with twitter and its hidden replies that can be displayed. Sites for those who love conformity. Sites for sheeple. That's why you love being in them, you love it so much you have an account you used to take that screencap. You're sheeple.
>>
>>3905306

>Sites for sheeple.

It's funny when edgelords think that browsing a specific website over another makes them some kind of contrarian.You're probably as plain as mayo when it comes to personality but convince yourself that going on 4chan makes you "deep and out there". What a stooge.
>>
>>3905309
>edgelords
lol, you gave me the (You) but you're still seething just as hard
>>
>>3905310

I'm a differen't person, it's just baffles me that you feel some sort of superiority because you participate posting on some dumb website over another. The only value this place will ever have is the amount of stupid shit that people post on here, you're as much of an NPC as those redditors if you think value of the content here somehow gives you "freedom".
>>
>>3905312
>another redditor
>different
lol
>>
>>3905126
>If you're controversial you get exposure, you don't get your comment hidden.
But there is no value in that if the only responses you get are insults, frogs, memes and/or being told to go back. It is no better than the dumb word games and puns runs you see on reddit.
>>
>>3905014
>PC shitholes
You really out yourself when you only talk about one political bubble as bad, but not another. 4chan is just as much of a sheltered little safe space, only it's for the type of people who would watch hours of anti-SJW content on YouTube in 2013.
>>
>>3905643
>he actually believes this
Political correctness goes both ways.
4chan isn't a safe space, it's a battlefield of ideas. No one gets banned here for being "too leftist". If anything to get banned you have to be edgier than most or go around spamming, derailing with off topic stuff, etc.
>>
>>3905685

>4chan isn't a safe space, it's a battlefield of ideas

This is so far from the truth, you post on a website originally for weebs that was based of a site for people to vent frustration without being ridiculed by society. This has not changed since, you're just so far up your ass to even believe that this is some sort of "battlefield".
>>
>>3905691
It wasn't about escaping ridicule, m00t wanted to escape goon moderation. Goons were weebs themselves. The goons who were happy both stayed there and also colonized other sites, like, you guessed it, reddit. And the cliquey and trollish nature of goons also put them at the forefront of other Internet phenomena, loving attention as much as they did. For example long before the gamergate controversy Zoe Quinn was an avid helldump poster on SA.
I don't think you quite grasp how and why 4chan was created.
>>
>>3905391
Sounds like the kind of responses an obvious redditor would get. I've posted some egregious bait and I get people mad without getting called a redditor but I'm not conceited and insecure so I can pull it off. Because I'm able to laugh at myself and poke fun at things I do myself. And because I understand this place. When a redditor comes here with their preconceptions they make posts that stick out like a sore thumb.
>>
>>3905711
I understand that Moot started 4chan because of SA due to its tight moderation and membership fee. It still doesn't change that Moot based 4chan off 2chan and all the original boards were anime related, hell I even start browsing 4chan because they were the only forum that had a board like /m/ where I can look at cool pictures of Gundam's that wasn't from the alternative Universe. What you don't grasp was that during 2004-2007 4chan was rather tame to what it is now and there were other message boards that were far more savage. I bet that you think that Pepe the frog meme came from /b/.
>>
>>3905722
>during 2004-2007 4chan was rather tame to what it is now
lol, just shut up dude. No one falls for your revisionist nonsense.
>>
>>3905729

But somehow your take is more accurate? Stop acting like 4chan is some secret club.
>>
>>3905722
b was long buried as porn board when pepe came around, but he was popularised on 4chan, and outright displaced lememe troll man as an the most popular reaction image.
>>
>>3898935

https://www.dpreview.com/forums
>>
>>3905733
It was anything but tame. It was much wilder than today, in some good ways like having /i/ the invasion board and in some bad ways like having pizza all over the place. It wasn't a sekrit klub but it was much scarier for normalfags and the Internet itself wasn't nearly as accessible as it is today. Much of the infamy 4chan has comes from those days.
>>
>>3905745

>Much of the infamy 4chan has comes from those days.

But it wasn't as political, sure you had a few murders being posted on / b/ but the level of notoriety that this place got during the Trump Election completely changed the landscape of this place. The racist memes being posted than would be considered soft-core too many here, whilst you now you have idiots promoting Mien Kampf un-ironically and posting false info graphs that fan the flames of race wars.
>>
>>3905781
>it wasn't as political
Why do you think m00t deleted /new/?
>>
>>3905784

/new/ was created around the end of the decade, I'm specifically talking about 4chan from 2004-2007.
>>
>>3905786
no one cares, faggot.
>>
>>3905787

Maybe you idiots should stop putting lipstick on this hog of a website.
>>
>>3905786
Pool's closed was 2006.
>>
>>3905685
You just get violently discouraged and pressured for not "ironically" being a far right wing Q shithead. Seriously. Try going on here for a day and thinking minorities are people and women should have rights and see how far it gets you.
>>
>>3905838
I mean, /p/ is pretty progressive in that regard. There are plenty of intelligent, left-leaning boards. There are even daily leftypol threads on the nazi frog part of the website. You just can't take anything seriously here.
>>
>>3905841
>/p/ is pretty progressive
Yet you don't seem to go far without somebody saying something like "street photography shouldn't be dangerous as long as you stay out of US cities which are full of niggers" or something awful like that. 4chan and 4Channel are a stronghold for people who have really aggressive "conservative" (alt right) views on basically everything. That's the unfortunate reality for the vast majority of places that try to be neutral or "political battlegrounds"; the ring wingers who want to talk about how much they hate minorities and think women shouldn't be allowed to vote somehow creep their way onto every board and you don't even seem to have to go far, even here on /p/, to find them. Unmoderated/lightly moderated places that "promote free speech" quickly get overrun by it because those people know they can finally talk about how much they wanna hit women or kill black people, or in the case of Parler, straight up share CP and other reprehensible shit. Reddit wasn't always a "leftist" website either, , and honestly it still isn't, it's just that, mainly for the sake of advertisers, they didn't want to get a reputation for hosting a bunch of clearly hostile, alt right leaning boards, so they started banning them. And yes, it makes a huge difference. Reddit gets advertisements from huge corporations to subsidize their massive site. I come here to blue boards which are supposed to be SFW and I STILL see weird adverts about hot singles in your area or Korean incest comics, because those are the only groups that want to advertise on a site like this.
>>
File: 1623978167997.jpg (432 KB, 799x720)
432 KB
432 KB JPG
>>3905854
>I STILL see weird adverts

>redditor can't even into addblocker
You need to go back.
>>
>>3905716
>an obvious redditor
>>3905863
>>redditor can't even into addblocker

Post a dumfuck meme and try to insult people by calling them redditors. A typical 4chan response.

>If you can't think of anything more intelligent you may now post a picture of a butthurt looking frog and say reeee
>>
>>3905838
How can you get pressured when you're anonymous? Let me know when mods start banning people for that, until then you can't really claim it's comparable to reddit in any way.
Also /p/ leans left compared to most boards on the site.
>>
>>3905841
>intelligent, left-leaning
lol, the only intelligent position is realizing that both sides have it out for you
>>
File: 1564012598449.jpg (42 KB, 486x341)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>3905908
>Post a dumfuck meme and try to insult people by calling them redditors. A typical 4chan response.

You started with insults first! How up your arse can you be that you expect to be taken seriously when you talk about add revenue on 4chan?
>>
>>3905854
CP on parler was a false flag to take it down, idiot.
At least you're admitting you hate free speech and that you're too much of a pussy to argue against something to prove it wrong instead of silencing it. The pen is mightier than the sword, that's why you want to decapitate the writer.
>>
File: reddit mindset.png (199 KB, 1800x1578)
199 KB
199 KB PNG
>>3905908
You called this site a "sheltered little safe space" and "hog of a website". If you hate 4chan so much and love reddit so much, I don't know what you're doing here.
>>
>>3905916
You know you can go to multiple websites, right? Did you know that your browser history isn't a personality?
>>
>>3905917
I do, and I don't bother going to garbage sites like reddit. Do you hang out with the Klan boys to tell them how terrible they are too? You know, you can hang out with multiple people.
I think that your deepest fear is that you may end up thinking some of the horribly bigoted things said here are true, like the aforementioned cities.
>>
>>3905919
>I don't bother going to garbage sites like reddit
Why? Because your deepest fear is that you might find yourself agreeing with some of the horrible lefty things that are said there?
>>
>>3905916
There is a difference between trying to open minded and deliberately confining yourself to a squalid bubble of hate and fear.
>>
File: robot.jpg (349 KB, 1140x984)
349 KB
349 KB JPG
>>3905921
>Why? Because your deepest fear is that you might find yourself agreeing with some of the horrible lefty things that are said there?
No, those get posted here too :^).
I despise reddit because it's the mob's rule, aggravated by the people running it. It has a clear agenda. 4chan is a more neutral ground, if not perfect.
>>3905923
>deliberately confining yourself to a squalid bubble of hate and fear.
Sounds like reddit to me. They hate and fear anyone with a different opinion.
>>
>>3905924
>They hate and fear anyone with a different opinion.
And that is 4chan in a nutshell
>>
>>3905930
No, that's you projecting. Reddit is the mirror image of sites like VNN, they just hate different people.
>>
>>3905932
>No, that's you projecting.
Ah, that old escape clause beloved of 4chantards who don't have anything better to say.

4chan, just like you, also hates people with a different opinion. That's why you call them redditors, to give a name and a focus to your hate.
>>
File: 1621810537621.png (357 KB, 529x637)
357 KB
357 KB PNG
>>3905941
Upset that you're getting called a redditor? Sounds familiar. Have you a different name you'd like to be called by?
>>
File: inoperable.png (53 KB, 571x618)
53 KB
53 KB PNG
>>3905941
We don't hate people with different opinions, again that's your projection. What we don't like is redditors like yourself trying to turn this place into another safe space where ideas can't be challenged (challenged like we're doing right now, you're enjoying this site's freedom to argue against it right now). We call you redditors because that's what you are, your authoritarianism and the way you defend reddit makes it obvious. And you get offended because you know it's true.
>>
>>3905949
You are struggling.

I don't care what you call me, you are just an anonymous little squirt. A fool whose lifestyle choice is to align themselves with a fucking internet forum.

Instead of picking off just the interesting bits of each and ignoring the drivel you circle the wagons in order to defend a turd. Its your life I suppose, switch the light off before you go to bed.
>>
>>3905955
>What we don't like is having our safe space challenged by people from another safe space.
>>
>>3905959
>our safe space
But how can it be a safe space if anything goes?
What we don't like are your attempts to turn it into a safe space. Dissent is healthy. And you want to suppress it.
>>
>>3905961
>What we don't like are your attempts to turn it into a safe space.

But it is your safe space, you demonstrate that by constantly telling anyone who disagrees with you to go back and by insulting them.

That is not dissent that is you defending your safe space
>>
>>3905911
>Say something the 4chan hivemind doesn't like
>Responses are nothing but "cringe" "kys tranny" and "go back"
>What pressure? I don't see any pressure.

Maybe you're an inhuman psychopath but most people have a desire to fit in and be liked on some level, and get turned off when they're on a website that gets mad when they have another point of view.
>>
>>3905912
Not really. Unless you're talking about the American "left" which is just the same neoiberal corporatist trash that thinks being gay or having an abortion is fine. When I hear "left" I think of things like class consciousness and putting society and it's welfare over that of corporations.
>>
>>3905914
No, right wingers are pedophiles and violent thugs, the things they accuse everyone else of being.

>You hate free speech
I think people need to stop clinging to it so much they avoid responsibility for what they say. I also think that most arguments are pointless because there is usually a right or wrong answer, and this culture of "debating" just makes ignorant people believe that the stupid shit they think is valid when it's not.
>>
Literally anywhere. It's hard to beat the shitposting though.

I got permabanned from 4chan for quoting jews on /pol/ so have moved somewhere less semitic.
>>
>>3905965
Just because some of us tell you to fuck off it doesn't make it a safe space. People tell others of all political affiliations to fuck off here. There is no officially sanctioned position, unlike on a safe space. You're twisting words to make them fit your narrative because you know you're wrong.
>>
>>3905970
>avoid responsibility for what they say
what the hell does that even mean?
>>
File: illusion.png (37 KB, 680x518)
37 KB
37 KB PNG
>>3905969
When I hear what you're saying I think of divide and conquer, like the left has always done around the globe. It's a narrative they feed the useful idiots so they can rise to power and benefit themselves like they did in Cuba. The Castros living like kings while the people get fed scraps.
>>
Abandon 4chan, come to Gab.
>>
>>3905977
>right wing twitter clone
How about no?
Just like voat is as bad as reddit, gab is as bad as twitter. Arguably they're worse than the originals because their userbase are literally the rejects from the others.
I'd rather use ifunny.co, unironically. At least it has freedom.
>>
>>3905977
lol, I'm looking for a place with artistic talent and some level of discourse, your reactionary shithole certainly doesn't meet the criteria
>>
>>3905975
>what the hell does that even mean?
Spewing outrageous crap while cowering behind anonymity.
>>
File: redditpedos.png (44 KB, 1000x500)
44 KB
44 KB PNG
>>3905970
>No, right wingers are pedophiles and violent thugs, the things they accuse everyone else of being.
Right wingers, huh?
https://web.archive.org/web/20210325021010/https://metro.co.uk/2021/03/24/chaos-at-reddit-as-dozens-of-subreddits-made-private-in-protest-at-site-2-14297612/
>>
>>3905978
>worse than the originals because their userbase are literally the rejects of normalfags
I don't see the problem there
>>
File: goddamn raimi.webm (913 KB, 768x416)
913 KB
913 KB WEBM
>>3906010
They're people too stupid to get past the censors, as opposed to Raimi that got us this jewel.
>>
>>3906019
Raimi is a jew
>>
File: Human_Holocaust.jpg (26 KB, 400x214)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>3906020
So what?
He gets past the censors.
Also it's a meme you absolute newfag.
Now Stanley Kubrick and Bobby Fischer, those weren't memes. Actual jew-hating jews.
>>
>>3906004
Is attacking reddit your only defence? Funny.

I don't think anyone here is particularly trying to defend it, at least I'm certainly not. I'm attacking your misguided assertion that 4chan is is some kind of bastion of free speech. It is not. Anyone who steps out of the accepted bubble is called redditor and told to go back without the slightest attempt to address what that person may have said.

That is fear. Fear an opinion that the herd doesn't like might gain traction.

Much as I dislike reddit (the up/downvote/karma system sucks granite) it is is far more likely that if you say something controversial they will argue the topic with you. On 4chan you just get called names and told to kill yourself.
>>
>>3906021
Why don't you relax a bit and stop posting for today
>>
>>3906024
>Much as I dislike reddit (the up/downvote/karma system sucks granite) it is is far more likely that if you say something controversial they will argue the topic with you. On 4chan you just get called names and told to kill yourself.
Dude, I'm an expert at getting people to discuss my bait for months here on 4chan. Sure, some people tell me to kill myself but others actually try to debunk me. The thing is that when you parrot some tired BS people sniff you out as the redditor you are.
> I'm attacking your misguided assertion that 4chan is is some kind of bastion of free speech. It is not.
Fair enough, I've got banned before for stepping out of the line deemed acceptable sometimes. But there's way more leeway than on reddit. And if you avoid using some meme words you can say some outrageous things without getting slapped.
But as far as mainstream sites are concerned, 4chan is among the freest. There's even freer sites but they don't get much traffic. And the 2015 election wrecked the largest free alternative there was, turning it into a cancerous alt right echo chamber instead of a battlefield of ideas.
>>
>>3905968
go back
>>
>>3906032
>Dude,
That just demonstrates how fucking wrong you are.
>>
File: laughing.jpg (51 KB, 634x318)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>3906032
>I'm an expert at getting people to discuss my bait for months here on 4chan
Lolno, most of the time people are just laughing at you for being a twat, until they get bored and go and do something else.
>>
>>3905968
If you wanted to fit in you would stop clutching those pearls. The reason you don't fit in isn't that you're leftist, it's that you're a thin skinned pussy who propagates propaganda instead of thinking for himself.
>>
>>3906050
That's a bit rich coming from an unapologetic 4chantard
>>
>>3906049
I think you understood my post wrong. I haven't been doing this just for months, each successful bait thread I make lasts months. Some of the longest lasting threads on /diy/ in fact. People love clever bait and I love baiting them.
>>
>>3906051
Each post you make proves this place has freedom. I once made an account on plebbit and told them how retarded they were, they took it down faster than I could blink.
>>
>>3906055
>I think you understood my post wrong.
No I didn't.
>/diy/
>>
>>3906055
>I haven't been doing this just for months, each successful bait thread I make lasts months.
and you are proud of this achievement?
>>
File: girls_laughing.jpg (28 KB, 398x241)
28 KB
28 KB JPG
>>3906056
>I once made an account on plebbit and told them how retarded they were, they took it down
>>
>what a dumpsterfire
Defending reddit for free? Couldn’t be me.
>>
>what a dumpsterfire
Defending 4chan for free? Couldn’t be me.
>>
I didn’t bump :^)
>>
Someone is bored. He always exercises his OCD on some redundant twaddle when you know who hasn't posted a thread in a while.
>>
>>3906050
>It's not because you're a leftist
Nah, but tell yourself this isn't some edgy right wing website without actually substantiating it.
>>
>all these people that haven't been invited to the private Reddit photography discord

Lmao. It's actually p cosy and lots of worthwhile chat and photos shared.
>>
>>3906103
Yeah but discord itself is shit. It has a crap UI and takes up too much screen real estate.
The old IRC was better, at least you could shove the app in the corner and watch the conversation while you carried on with some work.
>>
>>3906032
>Free speech
>Telling people to kill themselves
>>
>>3906106
>IRC, where you couldn't post photos, was better for photo chat

Lol, no, you just preferred it as you could use it anonymously. You don't like the fact everyone hates you and if you're tied to a username then there's no escaping that fact.

And what 1280x720 retro resolution are you using that you lack screen real estate, it's 2021, get a 4k monitor you poverty riddled finger sniffer.
>>
>>3906118
All that projection, take your meds city slicker
>>
>>3906118
>anonymously
But I wasn't anonymous.
>You don't like the fact everyone hates you
Nope, you're thinking of the resident fuckwit
>>
Is all of 4chan "right-wing" because people say nigger all the time, or is "right-wing" just a dog whistle for "word/opinion I don't like mods please heeeeelp"? Just goes to show why the free speech afforded by the place is so important.
>>
>>3906125
>Is all of 4chan
Who in their right mind would go to all of 4chan?
>>
>>3906125

4chan as a website aligns more to left but the right-wing group of the site just like to be loud and obnoxious and tell everyone that this is there space but in reality the site is a mix pot of different political ideologies, ethnicities and world views.
>>
>>3906125
>Is a website that is connected to and houses the pol board, which has been suspected in having a hand with a recent pro Trump invasion of the US capitol among other conspiracies, who's talking points about Jews, women, minorities, class issues and everything else mimic what is said by "ironic" shitposters elsewhere, right wing?

>>3906143
You're trying too hard to "troll" now. Stop, it's not even funny anymore.
>>
>>3906151

Did I hit a nerve?
>>
>>3906151
You unironically need to take a break from the internet. You sound like you frequent /pol/ yourself with all of your conspiracy theories.
>>
>>3906151

Oh and keeping dreaming chud.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Lightroom 4.2 (Macintosh)
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2021:06:23 10:50:01
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
>>
>>3906125
All of 4chan doesn't use the word nigger.

When I see it used for anything beyond literary discussion I report it, there's a "racism outside of /b" flag in the report section, exactly for this reason.

And free speech is NOT championed on 4chan, much to some users chagrin, hence why 4chan archives like nyafuu popped up, you can go look at all the deleted posts right now.

My apologies, I know right wingers find the truth very difficult at times.
>>
>>3906158
>unironically
>>
>>3906162
lol

are you literally that triggered and sad? if you see it, just ignore, stop being a faggot

also fuck mods.
>>
When leftists aren't allowed to ban discussion, they typically resort to shitting up the place and making it less desirable to others, like a tantrum.
>3906151
>Capitalizing "jew"
lol
>>
>>3906162
XT2NIGGER
>>
>>3906143
I guess if we ignore all the times the left does the same then you're right. Politispergs exist on both sides of the spectrum.
>>
>>3906171
It's sad really. The wannabe NKVD soiboi cries out in pain as he strikes you.
>>
>>3906057
It's about as fast as /p/.
>>3906064
Not really, I just have fun with it. Anyone who isn't a redditor could pull it off.
>>
>>3906237
>I just have fun
Easier than going outside and taking photographs, eh?
>>
>>3906368
It's easier than going out and doing anything, hun. I don't even have to get dressed and it fills in the time while I wait for the next isi thread
>>
>>3906368
>>3906379
Samefag.
Also one thing doesn't negate the other. Posting bait threads doesn't prevent me from taking pictures. I don't get this mentality of devoting yourself exclusively to taking pics.
>>
>>3906161
>>3906160
>>3906158
>No arguments
Accept your concession I guess.
>>
>>3906384
> I don't get this mentality of devoting yourself exclusively to taking pics.
I don't get this mentality of thinking that being an twat on the internet is fun. Didn't you ever get past puberty?
>>
File: drivethru.png (31 KB, 779x441)
31 KB
31 KB PNG
>>3906400
>being a twat
It's called having a sense of humor. Not all bait is malicious. Sometimes I jump into bait threads and add more bait outbaiting the OP. Look at all the poeple who replied to this lol, not a single "go back" because it's not reddit tier. Sure, some people called me a retard, but most laughed. And the thread is still going after 47 days.
>>
>>3906427
>It's called having a sense of humor.
That is the funniest thing you have said in this entire thread.
>>
>>3906434
So you were defending reddit "ironically"? Is that what you're trying to say? That I don't have a sense of humor because I didn't appreciate how funny it is to advocate for censorship?
>>
>>3905863
I don't really like this meme, it's amazing but low effort.
What's the penguin from? And the dilator kit? Kinda wanna give a go at making it better.
>>
>>3905977
It's asking me to sign up. I'll pass.
>>
>>3906438
>So you were defending reddit
Incorrect, I hate both but for different reasons.





Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.