[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/p/ - Photography

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 9 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: s-l1600.jpg (71 KB, 1000x667)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>>
It's film.
>>
>>3877166
It'll sit on your shelf for literally years because every time you think about using it you'll be all "Nah, this subject isn't worthy of the mighty 4x5" so you'll just never take pictures with it at all.

Anyway, this is my autobiography.
>>
>>3877177
lol but what if, hear me out, what if I have a documentary project in mind that requires like 50 shots and will take years to accomplish. One shot every other week. Surely it would be insane to use anything but large format. Surely.
plz
>>
File: 1597631033281.jpg (451 KB, 1500x1101)
451 KB
451 KB JPG
pee pee poo poo

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1500
Image Height1101
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
File: Cameras 2 copy.jpg (768 KB, 977x758)
768 KB
768 KB JPG
>>3877166
Do it !!!!

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeSONY
Camera ModelILCE-6000
Camera SoftwareILCE-6000 v1.00
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.0
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)0 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution350 dpi
Vertical Resolution350 dpi
Image Created2017:05:11 09:28:23
Exposure Time1/10 sec
F-Numberf/0.0
Exposure ProgramNormal Program
ISO Speed Rating100
Brightness-1.6 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length0.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width977
Image Height758
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>3877181
Well then do it, but if you end up not ever taking a picture with it then you have to come back here in one year and tell everyone I was right. I'll commiserate with you. Maybe by then I'll have taken a picture with my 4x5.
>>
Watch this in case you are still on the fence.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1dPRSyq5P0
>>
You wont take it with you
>>
>>3877166
There’s none, go fo it and have fun!
>>
>>3877166
Because you are not thinking; I have this great idea but it requires a 4x5 film camera.

You are thinking; ooooh looook at that, wow I soooo want that .... mmmm surely I can think of something to use it for ...
But, as anon says, you won't.

If people spent as much time and money thinking about and researching subjects as they do on gear they would shoot much better photographs.
>>
>>3877249
I want something slower, more arduous, and more time-consuming than a 35mm or a MF. I want to waste an entire day on a single shot. I want to have to lug bullshit around painfully and once I arrive to not move for five hours. I want the fishing experience but with a camera. The photos are almost secondary to the above, though I do like the idea of a large format.
>>
>>3877249
But you've just helped me to realize I want something much bigger and much more unwieldy. Thank you, anon.
>>
>>3877251
>I want the fishing experience but with a camera.
I never understood the point of fishing either. Why not just sit and enjoy the river? Why do you have to torture some defenceless fish?
>The photos are almost secondary
I suppose if the camera is cheap enough you won't really need to waste money of film and developing, you can just larp

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.