[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/p/ - Photography

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 9 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>Trying to get film developed locally in the US without having to give it to an expensive lab
>1HourPhotoHope.jpg
>Go to local store
>Ask if they can develop it
>Say it's a 200 speed color film
>"We don't do color films anymore, they're too sensitive to temperature changes and we got rid of that equipment years ago"
>Bite the bullet and send it off anyways, not time sensitive and it was $5 but it takes 2 weeks
>"If it was black and white, I could do it with dry development"
>Dry Development
>lolwut
This guy was pulling my leg, right? I've done photography for years and never heard of dry development. Also, what places still offer 1 hour film development?
>>
>>3858250
I don't know of any 1 hour places, but the cheap places like Walgreens won't give you your negatives back after you wait 2 weeks or whatever.
>>
>>3858262
Thanks for letting me know, I'll not use them in the future. The guy said something about being able to request the negatives back by writing it on the packaging, though since I haven't gotten it back yet I don't know if they'll honor it.
>>
>>3858263
Huh, I didn't know you could request them at all.
I just read that they don't send them back and noped the fuck out.
>>
>>3858265
If this thread is still up in 2 weeks, I'll give you an update to whether or not I get them back. I can see how you'd nope out though, getting prints back as a 1000x1000 JPG on a CD pretty much makes the film process worthless. At that point, you'd be better off using a phone camera.
>>
>>3858262
Their scans are shit, too.
>>
>>3858250
>Dry Development
You can get developer as a powder, fill the tank agitating to make sure there’s no gaps, keep in a cool dry place, usually 24 to 36 hours for it to react fully, hence wet developing is preferred
>>
>>3858404
So are their prints.
I got a few test prints done at a Walgreens a while back, and I was not at all happy with the result.
>>
>>3858250
I'm going to assume that the guy sold his minilab over a decade ago but is willing to mix up some powdered developer real quick for the occasional B&W film.

My local camera store in Belgium sends it off and turnaround is usually 5-7 days. No idea what lab they go to, they come back in a Kodak sleeve but I have no idea if Kodak even has a lab in western Europe these days.
>>
>>3858268
Bump, I want to see if this guy ever gets his negatives back
>>
>>3858250
maybe developped in alcohol? ask them, they would probably tell you
>>
>>3861897
I'm also curious about that.
>>
>>3858268
just post in the /fgt/

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.