[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/p/ - Photography

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 22 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

New board added: /xs/ - Extreme Sports

New board added: /pw/ - Professional Wrestling

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

What would you buy?
Nikon seems good for the money, R6 seems like a good buy as well.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
>>
>>3826030
Nikon is a zombie corp at this point. Canon or Snoy would be my choice if I went mirrorless.
>>
>>3826030
R6, especially if you want some cheap EF glass. It's essentially R5, but lower res and cheap sd cards.
>>
>>3826039
Why even buy into the new system if you are going to just use old glass? the point of upgrading was to get away from the limitations of dslr glass.
>>
>>3826056
Sigma art EF glass is perfect on the R6
>>
>>3826030
Canon is made in Japan. Sony is made in China, probably by slave labor, and Nikon is going to be Viet/Thai/Malay mystery meat going forward.

The R6 is the far better camera, and the high ISO noise performance will blow you away, but you might be wishing you had the higher resolution of the R5.

>>3826039
>It's essentially R5, but lower res and cheap sd cards.
You can use an SD card in the R5, it has one SD slot.
>>
Maybe it's the poorfag in me but if the R6 were $500 cheaper it would be unstoppable (and i'd buy it)
>>
>>3826056
What limitations? All mk2 2.8 zooms can be had for fair price while having no noticible loss of quality and af performance compared to their RF counterparts. Not everyone needs greatest and latest, in fact many older EF lens perform better on R bodies so it's a win win.
>>3826067
Yes that's true, but with R6 you have 2 sd slots so one for backup, meanwhile on R5 you'll have only one if you don't buy expensive cfe cards.
>>
>>3826161
>meanwhile on R5 you'll have only one if you don't buy expensive cfe cards.
If you can afford an R5, but you can't afford cards for it, then maybe you should save your money for a bit longer.
>>
>>3826067
>Canon is made in Japan. Sony is made in China

My a7r4 says made in thailand.
>>
>>3826030
What will you use it for?
>>
>>3826190
oof
>>
>>3826056
all RF lenses are just reshelled EF lenses with the EF to rf adapter welded in
>>
>>3826224
>>3826056
This isn't true of most of them. You're thinking of Sony. Most RF designs are slightly sharper and focus slightly faster (on EOS R cameras at least). And even the ones that optically, produce similar results to their EF counterpart, like the RF 50mm f/1.8, there is no "built-in adapter," since the overall lens is shorter than the EF+adapter combo.
>>
>>3826233
the only Sony lenses that do that are the old Sigma DG HSM Art lenses
>>
>>3826056
>the point of upgrading was to get away from the limitations of dslr glass.
What limitations? Shorter flange distance helps with *some* lens designs, but it doesn't do a thing for most of them. Even where it helps, that doesn't mean that an older design for SLRs was "bad." Sharp EF glass is sharp EF glass on EF or RF bodies. EF glass will perform just as well in all respects on an R6 as on a DSLR. Better in fact if you consider the superior AF and built in IBIS.
>>
>>3826198
Mainly family portraits, some action, street architecture and landscape.
>>
>>3826067
Ngl 20mp is enough if you don’t drop heavily.
>>
>>3826056
>the point of upgrading was to get away from the limitations of dslr glass
the point of upgrading was to get people to buy new glass

ftfy
>>
>Nikon
sucks
>R6
meh

I would get a Canon EOS RP.
>>
>>3826370
Doesn’t that thing have a shit evf and garbage dynamic range... pass
>>
>>3826373
>shit evf
It is fine for me
>garbage dynamic range
What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence.
>>
both! see which one you like! :)
>>
>>3826533
its common knowledge the rp sensor is legacy junk chosen to appease the "omg its fullframe" crowd. it is garbage and has almost no ability to be push pulled
>>
File: muh fool frmae.png (3.77 MB, 2944x898)
3.77 MB
3.77 MB PNG
>>3826533
>mfw ancient crusty ancient fooji demolishes OMG RF FOOL FRAME
>>
>>3826365
an iphone is all you need.
>>
>>3826543
The ability to pull highlights is about the same across all sensors due to the nature of digital. The ability to push shadows is about +2.5-3ev on the RP. That's more than enough 99% of the time. DR is honestly a fucking meme.

>>3826547
If you're underexposing shots by 5ev when you have an EVF then you are too retarded for photography.
>>
>>3826556
yes, but a fucking micro four thirds sensor has more dynamic range than the stupid rp sensor.
>>
>>3826030
both are garbage. patricians choose fuji.z
>>
>>3826564
>yes, but a fucking micro four thirds sensor has more dynamic range than the stupid rp sensor.
They're actually about the same. But m43 won't have the sharpness or high ISO.

Base ISO DR has nothing to do with sensor size and everything to do with photo site architecture. High ISO has nearly nothing to do with photo site architecture and everything to do with sensor size. It amazes me how people consistently get this reversed.

Yes, the RP has basically the worst DR of any shipping FF. That's still +2.5ev or +3ev with a bit of NR. Still more than film ever had. Still enough for 99% of shooting situations, and you can bracket/blend the remaining 1%. (Which are daytime interior real estate shots and the harshest sunset landscape shots. And with some of those you will be bracketing even with a Sony or Nikon.)

If you really need more DR there's the 5D4, R, R6, R5, 1DX mark III, etc. If you just want to shit talk because you can't even afford $1k for a FF camera then make a wormji thread.
>>
>>3826564
>yes, but a fucking micro four thirds sensor has more dynamic range than the stupid rp sensor.
>>3826585
>They're actually about the same.
Yeah, I'm gonna have to call bullshit on both of you.
>>
>>3826590
They can both handle +3ev with some NR. They both fall off a cliff at +4ev.
>>
>>3826590
>https://www.dxomark.com/canon-eos-rp-sensor-review/
>where it achieved a maximum of just 11.9 EV at base ISO.
same website says the em1ii has 12.8 EV of dynamic range.

>>3826593
the image at >>3826547 really rustled your jimmies, didn't it? its a fucking embarrasing performance for a modern full frame sensor still on sale now to be even compared to MFT and still lose badly. >>3826543 is right.
>>
>>3826585
>If you really need more DR there's the 5D4, R, R6, R5, 1DX mark III, etc.
uhhh i wouldn't be recommending that legacy junk against contemporary mft sensors. dynamic range from dxomark:
em1ii 12.8 EV
7dii 11.8 EV
1dsii 12 EV
5ds 12.4 EV
>>
>>3826615
>muh dxo
>muh lying eyes

>>3826617
>pic related
>>
>>3826163
You'd be surprised how many retards use R5 with SD cards and Ef lens. It's kinda tragic to see it on facebook's R5 group. I tried putting pretty fast sony tough card once and camera literally slowed down like 50%. Thing I mean't with R6 you get cheaper media and smaller file sizes. Considering Z6ii uses cfe+sd its a win for R6.
>>
>>3826547
Fuji wins again.
Sensor size autists BTFO.
>>
>>3826646
that large-scale chroma noise on the Canon is awful
>>
>>3826033
You'd be implying Nikon's bodies are actually made by a different brand and sold under a different brand name in certain markets
>>
>>3826547
Holy fuck I thought the RP bashing was just a meme.
>>
>>3826617
>uhhh i wouldn't be recommending that legacy junk against contemporary mft sensors
>>3826646
MFTurds BTFO
>>
>>3826365
Then neither of those is the way to go. Get some nice APSC with travelzoom, 12mm f2 and 35mm f2 or so and you are covered.

It will be for a fraction of the cost of FF, it will work just as well and it will be smaller and lighter so you will carry it more often.
>>
>>3826547
>+5EV
Who cares desu
>>
>>3826217
>>3826190
yea i can't imagine dropping that much on something Thai made. will be getting an R5
>>
I love my z6, but buy what you like. Don’t let internet gearfags tell you what to buy.
>>
>>3826030
the nikon looks more like a fuji so it is better desu
>>
>>3827922
I love my z6 as well. Haven't used the z6ll, but I imagine it's a fine camera also.
>>
>>3827924
Fuji looks like a shit Nikon

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.