[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/p/ - Photography

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Do people actually like light leaks? I see so many people uploading pics edited with apps to make it look like a lightleak.

When did a mistake turn into an aesthetic?

Pic related, I had a lightleak that's now fixed.
>>
It's just a trend that normies love.
>>
Some people do, some people dont.
>>
File: 000561530024.jpg (2.15 MB, 1358x2048)
2.15 MB
2.15 MB JPG
I don't, but normies seem to like it when I post one.
>>
can you even have controlled light leaks or it's just luck? honestly I always get a little rustled when I see people using that shitty light leak filter on their photos.
>>
>>3797809
>When did a mistake turn into an aesthetic?
This happens with every artistic medium. As soon as a thing stops being a problem, people start working to artificially recreate it for the aesthetic.

Relevant quote from Brian Eno:
> Whatever you now find weird, ugly, uncomfortable and nasty about a new medium will surely become its signature. CD distortion, the jitteriness of digital video, the crap sound of 8-bit — all of these will be cherished and emulated as soon as they can be avoided. It’s the sound of failure: so much modern art is the sound of things going out of control, of a medium pushing to its limits and breaking apart. The distorted guitar sound is the sound of something too loud for the medium supposed to carry it. The blues singer with the cracked voice is the sound of an emotional cry too powerful for the throat that releases it. The excitement of grainy film, of bleached-out black and white, is the excitement of witnessing events too momentous for the medium assigned to record them.
>>
>>3797860
Good quote. Basically, medium artifacts make the content seem larger than life.
>>
arthoes do
>>
>>3797849
you can buy film that is pre-light leaked
>>
>>3797860
Amazing quote, really answered my question.

Thanks for making /p/ great again.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.