[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/p/ - Photography

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 26 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1440.jpg (125 KB, 870x580)
125 KB
125 KB JPG
About to pull the plug on 16-80mm, what can I expect?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareCapture One 21 Windows
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Width870
Image Height580
>>
Diminishing returns over the excellent kit zoom
>>
even more snapshits
>>
>>3795944
Buying it as a kit zoom. Which one is the other kit zoom?
>>
>>3795948
kit is usually 18-55 f2.8-4.

You will get nice lens and camera.
>>
>>3795943
>paying $800 for a f/6.1 equivalent aperture zoom

Yikes.
>>
>>3795980
>never let your mental illness stop you from saying terrible things online
>>
File: 1429386541771.jpg (192 KB, 769x571)
192 KB
192 KB JPG
>be >>3795984
>doesn't like facts that make him uncomfortable
>types up wall of text fantasy about a strange man showering and masturbating
>too lazy to retype it, just reposts a screencap
>calls ME the crazy one
lol
>>
>>3795986
maybe because you are ""trolling"" on /p/, permanently obsessed about anything fuji and isi, shitting up even non gear threads?
>>
>>3795980

>Crop the FF 35mm image to match the APS 35mm and DoF is exactly the same. Same FOV, same DoF.
>Are you being disingenuous on purpose? You should stop, really, it's not a good trait. Makes you look like a troll. Are you a troll?

http://www.bobatkins.com/photography/technical/digitaldof.html
• If you use the same lens on a Canon APS-C crop sensor camera and a 35mm full frame body and crop the full frame 35mm image to give the same view as the APS-C crop image, the depth of field is IDENTICAL
>>
>>3795988
I'm not trolling, but I don't know what ''''trolling'''' means. Do two sarcastic quotes cancel each other out and mean not trolling? Further explanation is necessary.

I'm not permanently obsessed with Fuji. I used to own one until I realized I'd spent over twice the cost of a good, full frame DSLR and nice L lenses on the system, while having something less ergonomic, with shittier image quality and with less versatile lenses. I do make a point to warn people away from the system by presenting factual statements only. What I am obsessed with is Canon, which is what I like and use.

I don't care about isi and am not sure why you mentioned him(/her?) here.

As for "non gear threads," scroll up and tell me what the OP says, you idiot. Meanwhile, you're the one who is posting your voyeuristic shower/sex fantasies in multiple threads now. THAT is shitposting.
>>
>>3795995
It has to be personal. You are that Dan guy, who got doxed like two moths ago, right?

Like you are not fooling anybody. There are not enough that many people mentally ill enough to keep sperging and sperging about one brand.
>>
>>3795996
>doesn't mention isi once
>"it has to be personal! you hate isi!"
I have no idea what you are on about and I am not Dan or Joe or whatever other boogeyman. I've never posted with a trip on this board.
>>
>>3795993
>>Crop the FF 35mm image to match the APS 35mm and DoF is exactly the same. Same FOV, same DoF.
Except now the edges of your composition have been cropped off, so you have to back up, which reduces the field of view in the composition (if f-stop and focal length, which are physical measurements of the lens, are kept the same).
>>
>>3795998
Ok, so there is stroy. There was one shill, always posting about how amazing is sony, shitting whole board.

But oh boy! He got too cocky. Transparency was too much and his name got leaked. He's doing cosplay photography, we got video of him, basically autism overlord with thick greass on his hair, visibly uncomfortable speaking with cosplayer he was shooting.

And then was best part. That boy, who spend God knows how much time sperging about fuji, constaly derailing discussion had nuclear meltdown! Show was epic, he constaly scream how evil doxing is. I hope somebody has thread saved, so we could live that again.

Isn't that boy you? He definitelly still positng on /p/, because he posted some his shit photos portrait thread, and same are on his fanpage.

I know it's you Dan. And knowing that you are still mad about it, after so much time, makes it very satisfying.
>>
>>3795995
Well, you're either trolling, or you're picking a fight in a gear thread that you don't like. Which is pretty much the same thing.

Have you anything to add to the op question? You can be assured that he's a much better photographer than you are, and knows more about photography than a little quitter bitch for whom a proven system was not enough.
>>
File: 160244165635DD8.jpg (187 KB, 854x480)
187 KB
187 KB JPG
>>3796007
plz doxing is not good.

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop 21.2 (Windows)
Image Width854
Image Height480
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2020:10:12 03:03:00
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width854
Image Height480
>>
>>3796009
good thing you saved this pic, because I though I had it, but it got deleted after some cleaning!
>>
>>3796007
No, not me, but you are making >>3795984 even more cringy in this context.

>>3796008
>Have you anything to add to the op question?
*Do you have anything to add

And yes. I am trying to use reason and evidence to persuade the OP against investing so much into such an expensive APS-C camera system. If you're going to go APS-C, the EOS M6II is both less expensive and simultaneously better than anything Fuji makes. EF-M lenses are likewise smaller and lighter than most Fuji lenses. If you want a big fat lens like >>3795943, you can always adapt an EF-S lens. The M6II even has better ergonomics than the Fuji XT-series.
>>
>>3796026
>>Have you anything to add to the op question?
>*Do you have anything to add
Don't make fun of his disability.
>>
>>3796026
>No, not me, but you are making >>3795984 even more cringy in this context.

ok dan
>>
File: smug.jpg (44 KB, 406x612)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>3796026
>m6ii
>no evf
>BETTER ERGONOMICS

>>
>>3796032
>fuji xt4
>$1700 for JUST the body
>only 26 wormy MP
>sensor only APS-C size despite the cost exceeding that of the Canon RP by almost twice over
I seriously hope you don't do this.
>>
>>3795995
>What I am obsessed with is Canon, which is what I like and use.
Based, I didn't know one of the other guys making shills squirm was a FF canonfag too. I'm the guy who makes the a7RIV shill seethe too just because I'm objective and crush his illusion that it's the best camera for every application including night wildlife where it gets utterly destroyed by the 32MP crop Canons. The cope got so bad at one point he started bringing primes to a discussion about zooms.
>DSLR
Even more based. Fuck MILC.
For me, Canon, Pentax and Nikon are all good. But for personal reasons I prefer Canon. If I didn't shoot video it'd be Pentax for sure.
>>
>>3796029
ok schizo
>>
>>3796032
Comes with EVF in the kit.
>>3796026
Agreed. Arguably one of the best crop cameras in the market (I prefer the 90D instead lol)
>>
>>3796039
>I'm the guy who
I literally don't care who you are. If I occasionally post arguments about why Fuji cameras are a poor value, it's not because I go out of my way to "make the shills squirm." I only care about talking about the merits and disadvantages of various camera systems.
>>
>>3796029
Dan was a Sony shill. I suspect he's the one I make squirm by reminding him that the a7RIV is a terrible choice for wildlife when the 90D exists.
>>
>>3796044
Making the shills squirm is about blocking them from making unsuspecting anons waste money by denying flaws that are very real and proven, like the worms or the overheating.
>>
>>3796000
You done fucked up with the 'now you have to back up' part of your bullshit excuses.

>TROLL gonna troll. Pilpul 'b-b-but' ignored. DoF is DoF.... at same crop/FoV. Please, shut the fuck up, troll.
>>
>>3796047
TROLLing again? How sad. No one takes you seriously, esp. after the easily disproven bullshit you spew. At this point, it's just embarrassing, really.

>Kinda does smell like Dan tho. I wonder how life is treating that creepy snoiboi in Oz.... he reminded me of a meth.Weird.Al.... but not as talented & with a sex.offender history.
>>
>>3796131
I would post "take your meds schizo" with a pic of my Canon full frame and your post number on a note on it but then the jannies would delete it for "Irrelevant catchphrases or copypasta" because I told you to take your meds.
>>
File: 1602914996448.jpg (101 KB, 838x838)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
>>3795943
fuji is all about the primes, man.
>>
>>3795948
The 18-55 is notoriously good for a kitlens. Might as well be the best one out there.
>>
>>3796353
I just wish they'd make a weather-resistant Mk II of it. I'd love to use my 18-55 more instead of the softer and darker 18-135, but I fear it would not withstand the lots of rain and occasional salt walter that I expose the camera to.
>>
>>3796366
Show me one picture you took in “lots of rain.”
>>
>>3795943
>About to pull the plug on 16-80mm, what can I expect?
Did you mean to type “pull the trigger”? Because what you write means something completely different. When an old person is in a coma and on life support with no chance of survival, the doctors and relatives “pull the plug” on them to kill them. “Pull the trigger” means make a decision, which I think is what you meant, ESLfag.
>>
>>3796367
Maybe being able to shoot in all weather conditions will open up a whole new world of photography to him.
Alternatively it's a very expensive gimmick.
>>
>>3796366
>weather-resistant
gearfag meme

you're not a reporter in the amazzonian jungle, you're maybe some idiot in Leicester with moody weather trying to shoot "street", or the occasional walk at the pier (200 feet from the nearest water or saline drop)
>>
>>3796374
How can you be so sure when you have never taken any good photos in downpours yourself?
>>
>>3796376
If you read my post you will find I am in fact not sure. That said I use my camera like I stole it and have shot in the rain.
>>
I bought this lens with my x-t3. The zoom range is awesome to have and the image stabilization is great, but it's quite large and heavy and not very fast. Nice to have weather sealed too, if you're ever out in the rain.
>>
>>3796375
Pic related may not be a spectacular shot, it's fun for me and I don't intend on earning money with it. But the camera was completely covered in a salty coating from the spray of the waves afterwards.

Equipment MakeFUJIFILM
Camera ModelX-T2
Camera Softwaredarktable 3.2.1
PhotographerRoman Kilgus
Maximum Lens Aperturef/3.5
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)140 mm
Maker Note Version0130
Image Created2021:01:11 17:51:14
White Point Chromaticity0.3
Exposure Time1/2000 sec
F-Numberf/5.6
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating400
Lens Aperturef/5.7
Brightness9.9 EV
Exposure Bias0.3 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length93.20 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1600
Image Height1067
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
SharpnessNormal
White BalanceAuto
Chroma SaturationNormal
Flash ModeUnknown
Focus ModeAuto
Slow Synchro ModeOff
Picture ModeAperture Prior AE
Continuous/Bracketing ModeOff
Blur StatusOK
Focus StatusOK
Auto Exposure StatusOK
>>
>>3795943
expect a 5x zoom
>>
>>3796394
That's not something you should be doing, even if you have weather sealed kit. Water drops are one thing, salt is another. Avoid salt water like fire.
>>
>>3796411
This salt is literal cancer to anything man made. I work in an energy plant which dumps cooling water (not nuclear) in the sea and those pipes which touch the salt water are broken every fucking year not to mention the salt air alone destroys half the installation.
>>
>>3796129
>You done fucked up with the 'now you have to back up' part of your bullshit excuses.
>>TROLL gonna troll. Pilpul 'b-b-but' ignored. DoF is DoF.... at same crop/FoV. Please, shut the fuck up, troll.

I will admit this-- your posts and your point are about as clear as mud. This is 100% on you, though, since you insist on speaking in buzzwords and this snarky/mocking style like you just did here. If you want to make a point and think you have it in you to change someone else's mind, in the future, just say it in plain English.
>>
>>3796038
At least it has an EVF and superior controls :A)
>>
gearfaggotry
>>
>>3795943
>what can I expect?
16-80mm of zoom.
Shitty optical performance in things like sharpness, contrast, chromatic abberations, and distortion.
>>
>>3795943
you go out take some pics with it and then you come home and start researching more gear to buy
>>
>>3795943
It's an alright lens. The stabilization is really good. But f4 just seems too small for me. It's only $100 more than the 18-55 but that one is wider at 18mm. It's a good lens though if you just need that range to hit someone with.
>>
>>3795943
>f4
Literally phone tier.
>>
>>3796692
Ah, yes, the Fuji way. Overpaying for subpar products.
>>
File: 1609202595957.png (26 KB, 713x611)
26 KB
26 KB PNG
>>3795943
>About to pull the plug on 16-80mm
I didn't know that you were supposed to plug them in.
>>
>>3795943
Expect a pretty good travel zoom. Thats about it. Its a nice lense to have (depending on how and what you shoot).

Dont let the shills here dissuade you too much. No zoom lens is perfect, but this one is pretty good.
>>
>>3797012
fuji shill here.
hoped it to be the perfect travel lens.
it's good, but everyone elses 24-120mm f/4's are better.
>>
File: kit.jpg (1.46 MB, 3618x2035)
1.46 MB
1.46 MB JPG
>>3797012
I only use the 27mm when I go out of town.

Equipment MakeGoogle
Camera ModelPixel 4a
Camera SoftwareWindows Photo Editor 10.0.10011.16384
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.7
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)27 mm
Image Width4032
Image Height3024
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2021:01:06 15:12:24
Exposure Time4001/100000 sec
F-Numberf/1.7
Exposure ProgramNormal Program
ISO Speed Rating91
Lens Aperturef/1.7
Brightness1.4 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Subject Distance0.47 m
Metering ModeCenter Weighted Average
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length4.38 mm
Image Width4032
Image Height3024
RenderingCustom
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeMacro
>>
>>3797023
Better how?

Also, its 16-80 not 24-120.
>>
>>3797984
>Better how?
image quality. the whole point of giving up exposure and dropping to f/4 is to make gains elsewhere. against the 18-55 you get a tiny bit more wideangle and a bit more reach, less light and no additional image quality.
this isn't the case with canon/nikon/etc >>3797984
>24-120.
equivalents.
>>
>>3797999
to bookend my thoughts, the z-mount and rf-mount f/4 lenses are FUCKING SHARP and almost not worth "upgrading" from. the 16-80 is... eh. its good. but everyone elses f/4s are better.
>>
>>3798001
Nikon does not have 24-120 (or anything close really). They have 24-70F4 ... which is just ... no. Cute kit, not much of a travelzoom. That mythical 24-120 is planned for 2021 and it will cost north of $1000. Thats bloody expensive. And it will be massive. That nikon 24-70 is heavier and bigger than the fuji 16-80.

Canon also does not have 24-120, they DO have 24-105F4 though. Its, again, more that $1000. Its also massive, it weights 700g, which is nearly twice the fuji.

It really does not matter how sharp a lens is when you cant afford it. And if you can, then it again does not matter how sharp it is when its so heavy you will not take it with you.

Just face the facts. FF cant really beat APS-C in the travelzoom category. Just stop spewing bullshit about stuff you obviously know nothing about.

That fuji 16-80F4 is perfectly fine lens for a travelzoom. It has good center sharpenss. Its not THAT expensive. And its a nice lens to use. Definitely more so that the 18-135, which has an atrocious zoom ring. And 18mm on aps-c is a bit too narrow for some shots.
>>
File: 50-140.jpg (1.82 MB, 3895x2652)
1.82 MB
1.82 MB JPG
>>3796330
This is their best lens though
Mandatory if you have an X camera or you're really missing out

Equipment MakeOLYMPUS IMAGING CORP.
Camera ModelE-M5
Camera SoftwareVersion 2.0
PhotographerPicasa
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Horizontal Resolution350 dpi
Vertical Resolution350 dpi
Image Created2014:12:05 10:55:58
Exposure Time1/160 sec
F-Numberf/14.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating200
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length45.00 mm
Image Width3895
Image Height2652
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Gain ControlLow Gain Up
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Unique Image ID0f4c1a4e2edf7ea811a32207c1138e3c
>>
>>3795988
Holy fuck the actors in /p/ are still on script
Year after year after year
Where's the dog lover?
>>
>>3798245
The only mandatory thing in life is death ... and may change in the future.

There are no mandatory lenses, only lenses you need and/or want.
>>
>>3796370
Came to point this out. Good work.
>>
>>3798245
>only f/3.1
kek

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.