[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/p/ - Photography

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 7 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 34017.jpg (70 KB, 460x595)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
Ok, so I'm looking for some pointers on recording video on film.

Been shooting film stills for a while now, so I think I have a good handle on light levels, motion, film sensitivity, ss, and aperture. I know about the use of B and T sss. The one thing I cannot wrap my brain around is how much video can be stored on film, and how do I access it. Theoretically it should have to do with the film sensitivity, right? The less sensitive the film the more virtual layers can be stacked before there is no more photoreactive emulsion left? I might have it backwards, but if so I cannot get my brain around that mechanistically; more sensitive film should be reacted to completion faster, right? Does anyone know about how many Einsteins cm^-2 different sensitivities of film can absorb before the emulsion is fully burned? Does this vary with light wavelength? Is it susceptible to reaction from EMF outside of the VL spectrum? I'm pretty sure it is, I know Xrays fuck up most >400iso films. How do you access and separate the virtual stack of images? Is there a program that can separate them for me? I really don't understand how a person could possibly do it by themself, that would be like learning a new damn sensory capability seems like.
>>
>>3764412
Too much butter & you overmixed the dough.
>>
>>3764412

So you want to spend a lot of money for what purpose?

Just shot it on digital and stop being autistic
>>
>>3764412
You can store 1 and a half seconds on a standard roll of film at standard frame rate.
>>
>>3764412
I think this is bait but I'll bite.
Video in film is just like photography except you take 24 of them per second.
A mechanism advances the film, exposes one frame, then repeats that until you stop filming. Once every 1/24 of a second, or faster if you do higher framerate. For Super 35mm the exposed area is roughly equivalent to APS-C because you're using the a 4/3 aspect ratio and the longest side is transversal to the film advance.
There's other systems that use less film, Super 35 is one of the 4-perf systems but there's also 2-perf systems like Techniscope that was so popular in European cinema and Spaghetti Westerns. There's also more expensive systems like the 8-perf VistaVision that rivals 70mm in quality but was short lived. VistaVision is the most similar system to exposing photos in a full frame 35mm film camera.
>>
>>3764412
>Recording video on film

Take your breath and explain to the rest of us what exactly are you trying to do?
>>
>>3764559
You're no fun. I can't play genuine-but-insufferably-stupid if you break it down too well.

You're a teacher, aren't you?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.