[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/p/ - Photography

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 16 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: bolex.jpg (21 KB, 506x461)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
Is there no digital photography cameras that try to actually emulate film like the Digital Bolex?
>>
>>3761595
fooji
>>
>>3761598
Fuji does a shit job at it
>>
>>3761602
no u
>>
>>3761602
fuji is the best you'll ever get in 2020 mate.
>>
>>3761613
: (
>>
Closest you're gonna get on a budget is a 7d with magiclantern recording raw video.

I know the cameras are completely different but its the raw files you're after, with them you'll be able to grade the image much more than any 8bit funny video coming out if a modern mirrorless.

If the raw workflow is too much hassle, then a fuji recording f-log and some funny lut's is the closest you're gonna get with little effort. Its not gonna convince anyone but it'll look very good.
>>
>>3761622
I'm not autistic enough to learn to color grade although I really wish I was
>>
>>3761624
If you want good video SOOC then a fuji is deffo what you want, you gotta grade digital bolex or any raw video for that matter for it to look anything other than gray porridge.
>>
>>3761624
>I want to film
>I don't want to color grade, that's autism
Do you have any health issues?
>>
>>3761701
Color grading is lots of math and learning complicated things
>>
>>3761704
Math? I'm a retard and I colour graded. I'm not very good at it and I find it really tedious. It's not so much about the math as it is about it being a technical skill that is quite boring to put to work
>>
>>3761707
I read that being serious about emulating film involves math but maybe that was just for something specific.
>>
>>3761715
The only serious thing here is how fucking retarded you are. Jesus Christ. Shut the fuck up
>>
>>3761595
>digital photography cameras that try to actually emulate film
Yes, Sigma cameras with Foveon sensors.
>>
>>3761717
I am retarded my friend I will give you that but I have not said anything wrong
>>
>>3761718
Interesting. Any models specifically you think are worth checking out?
>>
>>3761739

Any Sigma Merill.

They only resemble slide film, not colour negative / movie stock.
>>
>>3761624
Learn to colour grade, or get the Nik presets I think they’re free now, or just shoot film
>>
I’m selling my digital bolex if you want it
>>
if you just shoot raw, apply a saturation luminance curve, and apply some halation to the highlights you'll be 90% there
>>
>>3763290
also try not to blow out the highlights as much as possible bc film retains highlights well and you need to apply a curve to roll off your highlights like this
>>
>>3761595
If I wanted to emulate film I'd shoot film. But I actually like the "digital look" or more specifically, what I'm able to do with digital RAWs.
>>
>>3763320
Anyone here have experience with the Nikon Z6 raw video? How does it compare to the Sony or Canon cinema camera raw video?
>>
>>3763320
This. I won’t be the autist that rants about how digital can’t look like film but if you want that “look” for multiple projects would it really hurt to actually shoot it so little to nothing needs to be done in post?
>>
>>3761595
a red komodo and post processing. Komodo has global shutter like film cameras and enough data to push your video to any look

this is BMPCC emulating 16mm and looks really close to it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZsoP5sxvXo
>>
>>3763256
how much and why are you selling it

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.