[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/p/ - Photography

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 64 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Self-serve ads are available again! Check out our new advertising page here.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: images (16).jpg (9 KB, 168x300)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>Be me
>like to shoot burbs
>wait for endagered whooping cranes to migrate through state
>talk to wildlife refugee
>get permit to shoot in refugee weeks in advance
>wake up before sunrise
>drive 2hrs to photography blind
>freezing cold
>set up $1500 worth of camera gear you spent months saving up for
>wait for hours until I see a the burbs
>take pics
>post on insta
>23 likes

>teen girl post blurry snapshit with iphone 8 showing cleavage and making an ahegao face
>3,700 likes

Feelsbadman.tiff
>>
Post photo
>>
Post photo
>>
your photos probably suck anyway, that teen girl probably takes better photos even when they're not of her cleavage

get your dick sucked. Oh wait, what's that? you can't?

Then you shall die mad instead. Kek.
>>
Irony of ironies that you used cleavage as your OP pic to get attention, instead of the whooping cranes. It's like you already know.

Are you an Arkansas fag?
>>
>>3759671
Nobody cares how much time you spent or how much your gear costs. All they care about is the final image. You've been misled by the online photography community, only other photo geeks care about the gear or the process.
>>
>>3759677
>that teen girl probably takes better photos even when they're not of her cleavage
>that teen girl probably takes better photos even when they're not of her cleavage
Found the simp/thot.
>>
>>3759680
Maybe his point is that people care more about tiddy then about endangered wildlife. Which I agree is kind of sad.
>>
>>3759685
Women have better aesthetic taste than bitter incel men, that's a known fact.
>>
>>3759671
I could spend an entire day and use $15000 of equipment to shoot a blade of grass. Time and money means nothing.
And you already know the demographic of insta is just thots and thirsty retards, so it's little wonder you'd do poorly. Know your audience retard.
>>
>>3759687
>his
*mine

Stop coping. You're mad people don't like your fauxtograffy
>>
>>3759687
People aren't searching for it though are they? Instagram works through searching tags. It's like being pissed off that people aren't caring more about the preservation of late 19th century ironclad warshships.
It's because nobody searches about niche shit on a platform known for titty pics.

So quit your bitching. You're just a attention whore yourself since you did it for the likes on the internet and not for the experience.
>>
File: DSC06494-01.jpg (1.69 MB, 1920x1357)
1.69 MB
1.69 MB JPG
>>3759671
>getting mad that (You) couldn't distill the magnificence of very real and appreciable forces of nature into "enough" fake internet points to define (You)r self-worth
>not just instead of enjoying the moment and the fact (You) were one of the few people able to do some *real* wildlife photography and reflecting on the hardship and sacrifice required to get there.

(You) belong to same group of fucks that whine about how to get into wildlife photography, then complain why it isn't "panning out". Go shoot models and thots if (You) want to be rewarded for superficiality.

>$1500 of gear
so one body, one lens, and one tripod? Anyone without this isn't taking photography seriously.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeSONY
Camera ModelILCE-6000
Camera SoftwareSnapseed 2.0
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.0
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)0 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution350 dpi
Vertical Resolution350 dpi
Image Created2019:01:24 03:24:42
Exposure Time1/500 sec
F-Numberf/0.0
Exposure ProgramNormal Program
ISO Speed Rating100
Brightness2.9 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeSpot
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length0.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1920
Image Height1357
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>3759693
>>3759691
I'm not OP. Calm down coom brains.
>>
>>3759691
found the schizo. just beause you talk to yourself doesn't mean everyone else does.
>>
>>3759698
>so one body, one lens, and one tripod? Anyone without this isn't taking photography seriously.

Very bad take.
>>
>>3759705
lol why?
>>
OP you're getting baited and trolled by trannies and niggers here. You're better off using Flickr or something, instagram is shit. It's a typical goybook social network, not a place to put good photographs on.
>>
>>3759716
Die mad?
>>
moral of the story: be an attractive girl
>>
im in this thread because i want to see pictures of birds
and ive only seen two
>>
Today OP learned people rather look at teen girl tits than a bunch of birds
>>
>>3759728
lmao thanks anon, I thought the retard OP was talking about suburbs
>>
File: gigachad.jpg (53 KB, 1068x601)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>3759671
Maybe I can solve your problem, let me explain what I did

>be me
>like to shoot birbs like you
>realize a spoiled teenager can achieve 1000 likes with a selfie while I was stuck at 100 likes when shit was good
>realize instagram wasn't about photos, but lifestyle
>burn 8000 units of money on a new pro gear
>cell phone photo of my gear while taking photos of birbs
>all tags is about gear
>"This is the set up if you want to shoot birbs like a pro!"
>spend more 100 units of money on a sponsored content on the app
>???
>profit

result is: I'm sharing how I do it and flexing the gear on my account, profile is now over 50k (maybe reaching 60k until end of December) followers because people are following me due my gear. Even my most shit image is now reaching 1000 likes, and some brands are now calling me for sponsored partnerships.

>mfw now I'm the spoiled teenager
>>
>>3759745
This lmao the only ways to have a following is just shilling gear and sometimes shooting some portraiture to show the bokeh or some street to sell presets.
>>
>>3759745
holy based, this is genius
>>
>>3759746
ok, you're raking in the likes... what are they worth? do they translate into anything other than popularity points? like cash? food? sex?
>here's a free LIKE. you've earnt it.
>>
File: 1593896673977.jpg (102 KB, 643x490)
102 KB
102 KB JPG
>>3759671
tl;dr
>>
File: 1603291033726.png (255 KB, 798x574)
255 KB
255 KB PNG
>>3759671
BOOOOBA
>>
>>3759671
BOOBA

also post photos on here and >>>/out/ we’d love to see them
>>
>>3759745
that’s actually based as fuck bro nice work
>>
>>3759745
This is essentially the model that those youtube real estate moguls use.
>You won't believe how I bought this supercar
>It's so easy
>Just watch this 12 minute video that says nothing
>Oh you're serious? Click the link and get my free book
>Ok you're steps away from the secret that made me a real estate millionaire, just give your email
>Ok here's your free e-book, but if you want to unlock the true secrets you need to buy the deluxe version
>Ok here's your deluxe e-book. but if you want to unlock the actual true secrets you have to sign up for my class
>>
>>3759671
I'll let you in on a secret: Instagram isn't for photography, it's for networking. And nothing networks like tits. Also:

>doing wildlife for attention
Just be happy with your life, dude.
>>
Liz Katz, by the way.
>>
Wildlife photography is dumb. You'd have to be fulfilled by it to care to do it. Or have a magazine to pay you or something. But it's like, who cares? Yeah, it's an animal, so what? The photos don't make you feel anything. They don't really serve much purpose. Like OK, >>3759698 is a picture of a random birb. So what? Nobody cares about your wildlife photos.
>>
>>3759896
You are confusing 'wildlife' with 'my opinion'
>>
>>3759910
Nobody cares about your opinion, either, but that doesn't mean they care about your wildlife photos.

Wildlife photographer cope.
>>
>>3759896
try arguing this with a biologist. i literally cried when I found out Colorado voted to reintroduce wolves. what you feel is entirely person to person. i'm overwhelmed by the complexity of life, the beauty organismal relationships, the elegance of evolution, the magnitude of biodiversity. foggy gas stations, portraits of friends, and old beat up cars are emotional children's-play to me.
>>
>>3759916
Cried in a good or bad way? These fuckers can be a major problem to the ecosystem.
>>
>>3759916
It's interesting to hear a different perspective. I don't think most people feel that way though. When most people like or upvote or complement a photo of an animal, it's because it's cute or looks cozy or something. There's typically some aesthetic value to the photo other than just "this is an animal." But wildlife photos are like, "this is an animal."
>>
>>3759761
He literally explained, fool. The likes give him clout to secure sponsorships.
>>
you spent your $1500 on camera gear, she spends $1500 on clothes for those instagram photos then fake likes and followers.

To be honest she probably put more effort in that you did, i bet she spends half her life studying other girls pages on instagram.
Also huge amounts of time on that app networking, liking and commenting on other peoples content.

So onto the real question OP, did you study what bird pirctures do well on instagram? did you study and put tons of time and effort into replicating exactly that?
She no doubt has spent 100s of hours studying what pictures other girls post, she has also spent 100s of hours networking on the app, and she has spent big money on fake likes and followers,

She has put in at least 1000% more effort than you and also cheated by buying fake. You never stood a chance OP.

In summary, if you dont buy big on fake likes and followers and also spend huge amount of hours on insta liking and commenting on other peoples pictures, plus studying and getting good at copying exactly what is popular at the moment(which changes constantly) you wont do very well on instagram.

inbefore some faggot claims he did good on instagram without buying fake likes and followers, (so you got someone else to buy them for you, you used some follow unfollow or commenting app, you did some other bullshit you arent telling anyone about)
>>
>>3759934

i also forgot to mention the $20k it costs for a good boob job, the lips would of been hundreds more for the botox, which needs redoing quite often as the body slowly clears it away.
The hundreds of dollars of makeup, the hundreds of dollars on hair extensions, 10k if she got her teeth done with veneers (also that involves having all your teeth ground away to points)

the list goes on and on...
>>
>>3759916
Larper with autism who thinks faux-environmental platitudes are a personality. Nothing to see here but gay.
>>
>>3759939
>people get emotional over things I don't understand getting emotional over so it must be faked
i might have autism (never been examined, but i certainly show some consistent traits) but I'm no larper; i'm currently a phd student at one of the US's (mot likely the world's) top 3 marine biology institutions. i genuinely love chemistry, hydrology, geology, paleontology, maths, but most of all biology. so much that i have dedicated the last ten years of my life to the study of and will likely dedicate my the rest of my life. my insta is well over 99% wildlife and nature, my printing is mostly about what i am studying, and communicating patterns and concepts that occur at population and community levels and up through single, non-composite images. i read about it every single day. if you think i can't get emotional enough over something I love and value this much to cry it's because your own understanding of passion is limited to the degree that you cannot connect it to reasoning, or because you lack reasoning or empathy/sympathy skills.

cont...
>>
>>3759924
i agree, probably most people do not feel the same that i do, but it's important to recognize that for some of us a photo of an animal has a lot more depth than just the animal. photos can contain representation (subtle or obvious) of complicated behavioral interactions between or among organisms, they can contain the fear associated with the extinction of a species or an ecosystem service, or of many species/services in the case of the extinction of a keystone species, they can contain feelings of inconsequentiality if the processes exhibited are large enough in size or scale, or feelings of admiration if the phenomena exhibited are just that fucking cool, they can contain memories of particularly incredible encounters or field seasons or research projects. I can show you one single picture that could inspire a decade of research. feeling comes from knowing, so the more you know about a subject the more feeling there is to extract from any image concerned with it. tl;dr wildlife photos are very many layers deeper than "this is an animal" if you know enough about biology.

>>3759921
cried in a god way. to my knowledge the *re*introduction of a species has never degraded an ecosystem.
>>
>>3759964
>>3759965
Stfu retard you deserve to be eaten by wolves
>>
>>3759965
>I can show you one single picture that could inspire a decade of research
Then why are you nophoto posting?
>>
>>3759967
because i don't wanna get scooped

>>3759966
somebody's mad that other people can admire things they don't admire
>>
>>3759975
>because i don't wanna get scooped
Because you're writing fan-fiction about yourself
>>
>>3759975
>because i don't wanna get scooped
this, same reason I rarely post any pics at all here
to post pics here you need to make sure they're different from the ones you post in traceable social media unless you're a deranged tranny with nothing to lose like the white borders guy (who happens to be a doxxer)
>>
>>3759896
shut up retard
>>
>>3759976
good try m8, but the first description of this phenomenon in a vertebrate taxon that it is previously not know from, and discussion of its eco/evo implications will have my name on it. not yours.

>>3759979
no, i mean scooped like i don't want someone else being the foundational name for publication on this branch of research (see above). once i have the above note published it can fly as science does, but the founders are remembered, and I am very confident I am the first to observe this phenomenon in this organismal group.
>>
>>3759916
More people care about wildlife, it's what most normies care about. Guarantee OP or anyone here could find a good following or even money photographing animals. The only people who seem to care about the new topo shit that p and all photographers love to suck off is....other photographers.
>>
>>3759979
>rent free
>>
>>3759671
Did you enjoy taking the picture? Then it was worth it. Don't let thot/simp culture fuck with your mind rent free. You enjoy what you do and fuck everyone else.
>>
File: DSC_0361.jpg (51 KB, 320x480)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>3760132
most people care about fuzzy wildlife. most people will go out of their way to kill anything that isn't "cute" enough to be given their favorite children's name.

Equipment MakeNIKON CORPORATION
Camera ModelNIKON D3400
Camera SoftwareVer.1.12
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.0
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Color Filter Array Pattern15414
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)0 mm
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2020:07:04 19:30:24
Exposure Time1/100 sec
F-Numberf/0.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating3200
Exposure Bias2.3 EV
Metering ModeCenter Weighted Average
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length0.00 mm
Image Width6000
Image Height4000
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Gain ControlHigh Gain Up
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
Show us your whoopies, OP. I saw this pair in the wild in western WI but only had a D2Hs and an old manual Tokina telephoto so did the best I could.

>>
>>3760141
Ah, but you see, it's the fuzzy/exotic stuff that can be most endangered, because those are the animals targeted for poaching, and containment. Nobody is going to disturb some monstrous deep sea creature, or a weird spider that only patrols remote forest floors at night. Although you're probably right if you're saying that all the environmental damage we're doing is impacting and endangering them too, even if indirectly.
>>
>>3760132
>new topo
what did he mean by this?
>>3759987
Oh I see what you mean now. Academia is a cutthroat environment and people often try to steal others' research for fame & glory. I've seen it in the maths field (university professors peeking at coworkers notes and that kind of thing), I can't even begin to imagine how bad it'd be in biology.
>>
Daily reminder shooting photos for vapid likes on social media is for faggots and you are doing it wrong if you do this
>>
Thats a cracking pair of tits OP
>>
>>3760300
the endangerment bias is only very weakly skewed toward mammals and birds, and to some degree that is difficult to separate from the fact that a much greater proportion and number of known creepy-crawlies are data deficient.

for sure direct human interaction plays a role in things being at risk of extinction, but I am willing to bet you all of the cameras on my shelf, including a 35Ti and 2 Calypso PHOTs that climate change and habitat destruction/degradation drive more than 90% of species' declines.

"exotic" depends on where you are. marine organisms face a different suite of extinction pressures than terrestrial ones.

This all being said, it only strengthens the point I was originally trying to make, which is that for people who both know and are passionate about biology pictures of wildlife and nature can contain deep layers
>>
>>3760322
I use new topo very closely to describe the modern trend of minimalist photographs of the built environment that people on p and a lot of other communities love so much. It's really photography for photographers if such a thing existed. Most people I know who aren't photographers with a capital P don't care about that stuff.
>>
>>3760646
sooo... "street photography"?
>>
>>3759671
Anon, likes are not the main measure of worth for a photo, nor for you as a photographer. If you're happy with it, that's good. If you're not, find out why
>>
File: 201110-M-UR958-1075.jpg (309 KB, 617x926)
309 KB
309 KB JPG
l like bird photos toooo

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS RP
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic 9.4 (Windows)
PhotographerLance Cpl. Brian Bolin Jr.
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2020:11:14 23:48:21
Exposure Time1/4000 sec
F-Numberf/7.1
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating500
Lens Aperturef/7.1
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length200.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
>>
>>3759671
$1500 isn't enough for bird photography LMAO
>>
>>3761253
My uncle shoots birds with a D3000 and a basic Nikkor 70-300. He doesn't even shoot RAW and yet he's amassed a wealth of cool photos.
You don't need expensive gear to do bird photography, specially if you take the APS-C pill (you should).
I took the FF pill but I needed the wide view.
>>
>>3759671
23 likes? Not bad. I would be crowing about that too imo.
>>
File: 1603339485929.jpg (95 KB, 575x620)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
>>3759671
>>
>>3761264
Yeah pretty much. Gear fags will tell others they need to spend mega bucks for nature, it is always the dudes getting paid by they companies, giving them gear that say that.
>>
>>3761714
A lot of people here believe you can only go outside with a weatherproof camera build like a fucking brick. They're the type of freaks that have special outfits for going on a walk (or "hikes" as they call them).
>>
>>3761727
>Calyp
that's what my Calypsos are for, except I just go with the camera and a pair knee-high wellies, and that's it.
>>
>>3759671
That's a guy isn't?
>>
>>3759745
This, and it doesn't even have to be photo gear. I'm a reasonably accomplished pro musician irl, but when I post videos of playing or tunes, anything other than unabashed wankery gets practically no attention. However, post a half-decent picture of a guitar, slap a filter on it and a bunch of dumb gear hashtags and it rakes in dozens of new followers a day + hundreds of likes/comments instead of tens.
>>
>>3759671
You're probably using generic # instead of the ones that get the most traffic also whatever brank camera you use use the tag for the flagship IDC if you're using an eos m50 tag it in the R r5/6 normies don't know the difference

Or maybe you're photos are derivative and uninspired who knows keep shooting
>>
>>3759671
How do you think she feels about those 3700 likes? Do you think it's 161 times the amount you felt about your 23?
>>
>>3759671
Do you only take photos to impress normies you'll never meet?
>>
>>3761727
I have a ghillies suit does that count? But then I se it for hunting so it is a wash.
>>
Bros, there is this slav photographer who shoots women usually in traditional clothing with just a hint of nudity. some of his photos keep getting posted on the chans ex. woman in kitchen in see through clothing with hitler shopped in the back, couple of women in vineyard, wheat field etc. Can anyone give me his name?
>>
First time visiting /p/, how many of this community feel like (OP)?? I mean living outside reality
>>
>>3762682
David Dubnitskiy?
>>
>>3759685
nophoto

>>3759698
>so one body, one lens, and one tripod? Anyone without this isn't taking photography seriously.
I was with you up until this point.

>>3759706
Because anyone taking photography seriously in their own right, is taking it seriously. They don't need the latest shit Peter McKinnon's whole gear list. There are people who use literally one body and lense and make a living. Even get shit done with point and shoot to prove you don't need amazing gear to make art. A good photographer who's serious, can get their point across just by being.. [spoiler]good at taking photos.[/spoiler]
>>
>>3759671
Just take the photos you like and be happy you got the shot. Stop trying to get likes like the faggot you are. Besides real photographers use flickr instead of inslutagram.
>>
>>3762983
I agree with you but unfortunately, many photographers attach the money they've spent on gear to dedication. Not even money spent on travelling to locations. I wish everyone who owned expensive equipment was good, but they aren't.
>>
>>3759671
>>take pics
>>post on insta
>>23 likes
>>teen girl post blurry snapshit with iphone 8 showing cleavage and making an ahegao face
>>3,700 likes
>Feelsbadman.tiff

First of all, start shooting for yourself as in for self satisfaction and to improve your skill. Why care about how many likesothrts get even if your work is more technically sound? The teens in question don't have any effect on your life or well-being so don't get stuck on them.

Besides yourself, the only others to be concerned about liking your photos would be clients who pay you to deliver
>>
>>3759671

those teenage sluts need to stop hogging my attention
>>
>>3759742
kek, me too until your comment
>>
>>3763967
Glad to see I'm not alone in this lol
>>
File: Dope Jail lol.png (235 KB, 396x395)
235 KB
235 KB PNG
>>3759671
lol
>>
>>3759689
Too bad they can't earn how to use anything more complex than I pHoNe ButtOn PuSh 4 pIC
>>
>>3764010
I feel like, at some point in the next decade or two, that's exactly how most cameras will operate - or at least, one or two buttons, and a touch screen for the rest.
>>
>>3764040
pre-loaded with faggotry IG styled lightroom filters most likely, can't fucking wait.
>>
>>3764056
That has been a thing for years bruh
>>
>>3762054
yes
>>
>>3759671
I get it, but don’t take pictures for likes on ig.
Take pictures because you love to take pictures. As long as you like it, who the fuck cares if everyone else hates it?
>>
>>3764465
based
>>
Daily reminder shooting for vapid likes is stupid and if you do this you're a colossal faggot
>>
>>3759671
If you want to be attention whore you actually need to do the whore part, it simply can't be helped. TY for posting beautiful birb pictures though if you actually do.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.