[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/p/ - Photography

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Is it still possible to pirate this shit? Iflnot, what are the best alternatives? Im not paying to fucking RENT software
>>
>>3750548
>Can't afford $10 a month for software
Reminder that this is the board that loves calling everyone else poor.
>>
psst! you've always just "rented" software.
>>
>>3750548
Gimp for alterations to non raws
capture one for simple lighting and coloration changes to raws
>>
>>3750550
My first thought. Also reminder that this board loves scraping together $800 for a used lens but doesn’t own a $15 reflector.
>>
>>3750548
My emplyee pays all my adobe shit.
>>
>>3750550
>>3750556
Its not a matter of "afford," its a matter of i do this for fun, not as a job. I'm already paying enough for film and dev chemicals for what is just a putz-around hobby, im not adding a fucking subscription fee on top of that. I'm not even opposed to paying for the software if it was a one-and-done purchase, but this bleed-you-dry by subscription bullshit everyone is pulling noawdays really grinds my gears.
>>
>>3750551
>T. Too Young To Remember Physical Media
This website has a minimum age limit, ya know
>>
>>3750577
Then buy Capture One or Affinity.
>>
>>3750581
These both look promising, but ive never heard of them. Any experience with them? Preference between the two?
>>
>>3750579
Physical media came with a EULA, my low iq friend. It popped up as soon as you installed from the CD/floppy/whatever else. You have only ever purchased a license, never the software itself. Purchasing a license is roughly equivalent to rental, especially if DRM is involved.
>>
>>3750588
Capture one is an industry standard that is steadily taking customers away from Adobe.

Affinity is neat and forward thinking and is more capable than lightroom, less capable than photoshop.
>>
>>3750589
Like the EULA ever meant anything or had any power. No EULA ever bricked my software or extorted me for money. The only way a EULA would mean anything is if you somehow managed to get yourself sued.
>>
>>3750593
Really? You've never tried using your CD key on more than, say, 5 computers?
>>
Ok pirates! What's the most recent version of adobe software that you got running on windows? Where did you download it?
I've saw some working adobe cc 2020 downkoads that unfortunately include malware i.e. talk to command and control servers listed for emotet.
>>
>>3750548
>Is it still possible to pirate this shit?
Yes, why would anyone think otherwise? I keep seeing this question over and over.
>>
>>3750606
https://saidit.net/s/sjain_guides/
this is my guy, never had any problems/malware, he does it for the lols
>>
>>3750613
Because every torrent ive found is full of Trojans, so who knows if its even the right software
>>
>>3750548
>mobile screenshot
If all you want is the software, Lightroom is actually free for mobile and tablets. If you want that 1tb package you’ve screenshotted, yeah of course you have to pay a subscription for cloud services. There’s more cloud features than just storage though.

Praise adobe and their subscription model desu, because no one else is offering the kind of integrated cloud workflow they do, it’s not possible without a subscription model.

There’s other software that is a one off cost and is standalone offline software. I don’t get why people get mad and want all software to be the same. Either use the free version or use standalone offline software, it’s not hard.
>>
>>3750577
You’re retarded for reasons above. To add to it, I used to pirate Lightroom (and Photoshop). The cloud workflow is reason I stopped, bought a tablet and started paying for it.

What other software is cross platform, runs on mobile devices, allows you to import and upload your images to the cloud before you even get home to plug an SD card into the pc, allows you to proof those images from the cloud storage to people as a preview, lets them select images and make an album directly from their picks without needing to manually select images, lets you share an album online for people to download without having to render, export and upload it to anywhere, just generate a link as Lightroom runs server side on your cloud storage?

And editing - edit from anywhere, edited images don’t have to be rendered, exported and uploaded anywhere. All it has to do is upload the edit metadata and it’s reflected across your catalogue on all devices and across and shares you’ve given to people, making requested changes painless.

This isn’t for most people, but it’s a killer feature for me and there’s no other software that is capable or this.

>>3750606
>>3750640
Brainlet. You only need the trials installed, and probably AMTlib, block the callhome adobe urls like activate.adobe.com in the hosts file, the method has been the same since forever.
>>
>Editfags
>>
>>3750651
Dunno man I don't need all that shit you mentioned, I jut wanna edit my RAWs so I'm still pirating Lightroom
>>
>>3750651
>I'm entitled to software because I don't make money in my hobby
I don't literally care if anyone here can afford it or not. Just memeing on the justifications made for piracy when free or one time paying alternatives exist. If adobe sucks so much and their software is trash why don't you use something else?
>>
>>3750655 whoops meant for >>3750577
>>
>>3750651
>You only need the trials installed, and probably AMTlib, block the callhome adobe urls like activate.adobe.com in the hosts file, the method has been the same since forever.
That was true until 2018. You're not up to date. And you're full of shit for calling names
>>
>>3750655
? I pay the subscription if you read my post
>>
>>3750669
>Nooooo Adobe is shiiiit
>Won’t use other software instead
Here’s an idea, use free software, or other one time fee software
>>
>>3750653
Exactly this.

>>3750644
>>3750651
>implying that cloud bullshit is desireable
>that giving up control of your data to a corporation is a good thing
>trusting them to just keep your shit safe
Go comsoom, fagits. If your trust your corporate overlords so much you deserve everything you get when they inevitably fuck you over

>>3750675
>not seeing where i asked for alternatives
Illiterate faggot
>>
>>3750655
>Literally asked for alternatives
Another illiterate

>implying entitlement
>i literally said id buy it if it wasn't for the retarded subscription model
Piracy happens when companies make owning thier product the legal way overly burdensome, not only when cost is a factor
>>
>>3750675
You should really think about how you're approaching people. 4chan doesn't require asshole attitude.
You also confuse me and you are angry about opinions or statements that *you put in my mouth*.
>>
>>3750682
>Piracy happens when companies make owning thier product the legal way overly burdensome, not only when cost is a factor
Funny, I pirated it until the subscription cloud version came out for tablet. They made it desirable, with features I wanted, more easily affordable and accessible. Imagine thinking all software should be only be made one way, and everyone should only want and use certain features but not newer ones, because there are many image editing and organisation apps, but there are no others with a cloud workflow.
>>
>>3750680
Lmao yeah okay buddy. You’re not here because you’re too stupid to google. You’re here to grind an axe against something you don’t like because it’s made for other people’s needs and not yours and that’s wrong.
>>
Yes you can still pirate it. But I'm not sure it's worth the trouble. I have always used rawtherapee, gimp and photoshop to edit. I kept hearing good things about lightroom so I tried it out. If you don't like the cloud functions like the anon listed above it has literally no value over rawtherapee imo. The filters are instagram tier and I say that with no exaggeration, I cannot see how anyone who cared about image quality would want to use them. It is less powerful and has less features than rawtherapee, which is free. I then do retouching on gimp or photoshop depending on what os I'm using. You don't need lightroom as a hobbyist imo.
>>
>>3750632
Do you use GenP 2.4 or 2.6.2? What do you experience after having this run some time ago?
Both could be malicious due to behavior
>>
>>3750590
Affinity is Photoshop alternative, not Lightroom.
>>
>>3750644
>>>3750548 (OP) (You)
>>mobile screenshot
Look at this nigga who's too good to use a smartphone! Get back to your Macbook Air, fag
>>
>>3750688
>Funny, I pirated it until the subscription cloud version came out for tablet.
Good for you. Not everyone wants their shitty cloud service. Adobe make it mandatory because they want your data, it's not really about the software.
>>
>>3750799
>Mandatory
You can disable it in the options
There's a free version with no cloud available
>>
>>3750682
>implying entitlement
Feeling you're owed something by a corporation? Yeah, that's entitlement.

>I'd buy it if it wasn't for this one thing
>Piracy happens when companies making owning their thing the legal way burdensome
You pay a subscription, you download the software, you use the software, it's not really that bad. If you don't like it, use something else.

>BUT I WANT TO PAY FOR IT ONCE INSTEAD!!!
Get Capture One or DxO Labs or something, don't make a braindead thread about it.
>>
>>3750548
>BUT I WANT TO PAY FOR IT ONCE AND NEVER AGAIN
Are people not old enough to remember the pre-cloud adobe days? When Photoshop as a standalone cost about $700 and the whole suite was like $1700 or so? And even with "student discounts" you could get Photoshop for like $400 or some shit?

Yeah, great idea, pay for it once, never again. What's that, you want to upgrade? You still pay hundreds to upgrade the existing software. Seriously, if you consider a pro photog who uses this stuff for money and is upgrading cameras every few years, they're paying a flat $10/mo and get to continue to upgrade, get all the new features and more importantly RAW support for new cameras. And for a lot of hobbyists and enthusiasts it's become affordable for the first time. It's pretty much win win for everyone, if you don't like Adobe, use something else...

>but I asked for alternatives
No, you wanted to make a thread to bitch about it. Capture One, DxO Labs, Raw Therapee, GIMP if you really don't want to spend anything but that's probably trash.
>>
>>3750807
u wot? Can i get free Lightroom on the ipad? Is it as good as the computer one?
>>
>>3750548
Oh, this thread again. Seethe poorfag.
>>
>>3750814
Yes. There are some limitations that are only available in paid version like cloud obviously, selective edits and brushes, maybe raw Idk. Also I would not store my originals on a mobile device with no backup desu. It’s on the App Store. I do most of my editing on an iPad Pro now.
>>
>>3750811
If you don’t want or need to upgrade Photoshop CS2 is free as well.
>>
Can someone tell me why I would want to use Lightroom if I am already proficient with Photoshop? I only shoot a handful of good photos a week, so I don't need any batch processing or cloud storage.
>>
>>3750829
Organisation/management of your images and workflow productivity. Like Capture One or even Adobe Bridge. While Photoshop is strictly image editing.
>>
>>3750811
>He hasn't tortured himself with GIMP
>>
>>3750829
Maybe some tagging, or organization, but all that can be done in other programs as well.
>>
>>3750833
So as far as image editing goes, Lightroom filters won't do much for me? Some people go so far as to say that Lightroom's filters elevate images beyond what is possible for most people with PS editing. And yea, as I said I only shoot a handful of good (to me) shots a week so I have no use for "workflow" advantages. I'm just a hobbyist.
>>
>>3750844
Filters? Do they mean presets? You can make your own preset to set any combination of things you do In raw dev including the new colour grading tool. So it can make things easier. There’s a bunch of things you can do In Photoshop you can’t do in Lightroom. Though Lightroom and others have the advantage of not needing to save a separate rendered file, and can adjust the settings you used previously etc. it depends on how many Images you’re editing and what you’re doing to them
>>
>>3750851
Yea, the presets. People I know who edit a lot of photos keep raving about preset packs (I consider them filter overlays). They show me samples and I don't see how they couldn't be done with Photoshop. I don't want to be a contrarian so I thought I'd ask here if I was actually missing out on anything.
>>
>>3750577
Lmao you're shooting film and are setting up a mental roadblock over $10 a month? Just admit this is about Adobe making money off of something you want and has nothing to do with value.
>>
>>3750548
stick to jpeg, no point wasting time editing.
>>
>>3750844
>>3750854

You're dumbdumb, and your friends are even bigger dumbdumbs. You can use every single Lighroom filter in Photoshop's Camera Raw plugin. In fact you can do every single edit from Lightroom in Camera Raw. Lightroom itself uses Camera Raw for it's raw editing engine. They are copy/paste feature wise. When a new feature comes to Lightroom it'll come to Camera Raw also. Only thing that separates Camera Raw and Lightroom are LR's organising and photo managing abilities.
>>
>>3750651
>What other software is cross platform, runs on mobile devices, allows you to import and upload your images to the cloud before you even get home to plug an SD card into the pc, allows you to proof those images from the cloud storage to people as a preview, lets them select images and make an album directly from their picks without needing to manually select images, lets you share an album online for people to download without having to render, export and upload it to anywhere, just generate a link as Lightroom runs server side on your cloud storage?
>And editing - edit from anywhere, edited images don’t have to be rendered, exported and uploaded anywhere. All it has to do is upload the edit metadata and it’s reflected across your catalogue on all devices and across and shares you’ve given to people, making requested changes painless.
>This isn’t for most people, but it’s a killer feature for me and there’s no other software that is capable or this.

i will never use these and you're retarded if you think 99% of everyone else will either
>>
HA!I pirated it, all you assmad naysayers can ligma balls. Stay mad, fagits
>>
>>3750548
amtemu or ching liu
>>
>>3750807
>You THINK you can disable it in the options
FTFY
>>
>>3750970
Take your meds schizo
>>
File: 1589524232252.jpg (172 KB, 1139x1091)
172 KB
172 KB JPG
>$2000+ camera body
>$800+ prime lens
>"$10 to edit photos? Lol do I look like a sucker?"
>buys a $9 ND filter
>>
>>3750825
The problem with this as I assume the problem with most is you won't be able to use Adobe Camera RAW.

I get being concious about a subscription but for how often I use Photoshop I don't even think about the $10 a month I spend.
>>
>>3750896
idk senpai, the cloud stuff is mega useful if you travel a lot, also using lightroom with a pen on an iPad makes editing way less of a chore for me
>>
>>3750550
>Defending giant corporations decision to go subscription based.

Man, fuck that. One time purchase of PS was such a better deal at $500 than this $120/yr bullshit.
>>
File: longnose.png (2 KB, 214x198)
2 KB
2 KB PNG
>>3750550
>>
>>3751147
>buy Photoshop once for $500+
>can't use any new features or upgrade RAW converter to accommodate new camera profiles unless you pay hundreds more to upgrade

vs.

>pay $10 a month and get every single upgrade forever as long as you keep paying
You'd have to just keep using the same version of Photoshop CC for half a decade before the price argument vs the old one time payment made sense. But okay.

>>3751159
see
>>3751103
>>
>>3750640
1) Get the amtlib.dll patcher by Painter
2) Download any Adobe application up to CC 2018 from ProDesignTools website
3) Install with internet disconnected and patch amtlib.dll using said tool
>>
>>3751103
More like
>$100 range finder
>$4 film
>$30 dev chems
>not wanting to pay a subscription and buy a $100 plug in to convert my negatives
Yeah, no, fuck that. I'm with the piracy dude above. This is way too much of a hobby to deal with that bullshit.
>>
>>3751175
Then don't use Photoshop smooth brain. Buy something else. But we both know you just wanted an excuse to pirate shit.
>>
>>3751178
Pft, like i need an excuse. God, what a bunch of lillywhite soft little faggots 4chan is becoming
>>
>>3751183
Sorry we have jobs
>>
>>3751190
Nice implication faggot, but youre off base. Why dont you go back to plebbit, goyim
>>
>>3751201
>$100 rangefinder

can’t be that far off lel
>>
>>3751203
Gearfag detected

B E L L O W S are life and youll never change my mind. Handy that bellows cams are generally cheap, too. Youre just an assmad gearqueer who wastes money chasing the newest tech
>>
Is there a lot of difference between Capture One Express and Capture One Pro?
>>
>>3751207
Lmao my newest camera is 20 years old stay implying and seething
>>
>>3750550
>$10 a month
Looking at literally thousands of dollars over a lifetime, faggot.
Not everyone thinks Adobe deserves all that money for online-DRM raped software.
>>
>>3751160
It's not about that.
It's about losing access when you stop paying, never owning anything.

The $10/month plan would actually be nice if it existed alongside the ability to buy major releases annually that were sold as-is for one time purchases.

When a monopoly has a monthly fee and money rolling in monthly, there's no need to innovate. When they're competing with their previous products (from the year prior, for example) then there's a reason for them to try and one-up themselves.
>>
>>3751262
>>3751265
These guys get it. Consoomfags BTFO
>>
>>3751213
https://support.captureone.com/hc/en-us/articles/360003502857

Main difference is express missing all advanced colour management tools. No keystone, layers and luminosity masking either.
>>
>>3751105
GIMP also cannot use Adobe Camera RAW, and CS2 > GIMP
>>
>>3751175
>$100 plugin
>doesn’t know how to press ctrl+i, ctrl+L, and set levels and midpoints on individual R, G, B channels. Takes like 15 seconds.
>>
>>3751262
>literally thousands of dollars over a lifetime

and?
>>
>>3750550
Imagine paying adobe for a go of their trash software, then defending them for free.
I’d ask if I could fuck your wife, but it’s not up to you is it?
>>
>>3751371
Imagine getting into photography as a poor person. I’d be defensive too lmao.
>>
>>3751331
>paying thousands for shit because it’s only $10 at a time
You sound like an iPhone “owner”
>>
>>3751372
I OWN a lot of expensive gear. I don’t pay thousands to rent shit software. Adobe have been trash for a very long time. I don’t blame them for emptying retard’s wallets tho.
>>
Was PS 6.5 the last PS before they went to this CC shit? Even when cracking this the adobe spyware it runs all over windows is cancer. Is 6.5 the last one you can get without that?
>>
>>3751379
Lmao sure you do anon, sure you do.
>>
>>3751381
You can get releases without all the spyware, but then you risk that cracker or uploader put some mining shit up your comp. As far as I'm concerned, I'd rather help some rusky cracka mining etherium, than allow Adobe to rape my os.
>>
Capture One's probably the best editing software out there. I can see why there are more and more pros using it instead of Lr.

Photoshop's still the king for retouching though. Affinity is nice but still lags behind.
>>
>>3751388
>no u!
LMAO great comeback
>>
>>3751331
>>literally thousands of dollars over a lifetime
>and?
And you get nothing to show for it after you miss a month of payment.
No permanence.

Idiot.
>>
>>3751513
It's obvious that there are people that have been completely programmed by media and mass corp.
>>
>>3751513
>miss a $10 payment
>miss a payment
>an automatic payment
>of $10
>on my sapphire card

Seems pretty uh, unlikely anon.
>>
>>3751527
Yes not stealing sure is being brainwashed
>>
>>3751635
No one is impressed, bro, stop trying so hard
>>
>>3751652
impressed by what? having a credit card? lol
>>
>>3750589
Right, you PURCHASED a license. Now they rent it to you instead.
>>3750581
This
>>3750644
>I don’t get why people get mad and want all software to be the same
Ironic when you're sucking adobe dick this hard. They used to offer one time purchase and CC rental simultaneously. You are in favor of them getting rid of the one-time purchase license, but it's apparently other people who want everything to be the same.
>>
>>3751178
>not pirating out of principle
lmao did you come from reddit or something? Piracy is the way of free men
>>
>>3751636
>piracy is stealing
Get a load of this goy
I bet you have a Netflix subscription too, literally financing pedo movies
>>
>>3751379
>Thousands
Nobody has done this because the cloud has not even existed for ten years.

>But I want to buy it once!
Okay man. Buy something else and stop crying about it.
>>
>>3751682
>Entitlement is the way of whiny babies on 4chan
I already knew that.
>>
Why is everyone so mad about pirating? If you want to torrent something from a multi-million dollar company, just do it. I literally don't get why some of you suck these companies off so much.
>>
>>3750550
>calling everyone else poor.
no real active photographer would ever do this
>>
>>3751712
It's probably shills, I refuse to believe 4chan has become this moralfaggy over the years.

>>3751705
Cope. A lot of people pirate stuff because it's so inconvenient to get it legally.
>>
File: Darktable_icon.svg.png (127 KB, 600x600)
127 KB
127 KB PNG
>>3750548
I think darktable is very good. It takes a bit of time to get used to the GUI, but in the end it's a joy to use. I never tried lightroom.

One of the developers makes very interesting background videos, e.g. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbPj_TqTF88

Another Free (as in freedom) Software is RawTherapee
>>
File: joodobe.jpg (110 KB, 1080x1457)
110 KB
110 KB JPG
was 2012-13 was the start of subscription model?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
>>
>>3750556
If you take photos as a hobbyist, people expect you to have a camera. They don't know the difference between lenses or cameras, they just know "real camera."

If you start breaking out shit like reflectors, it's a whole different thing. Now you're likening yourself in their minds to school portrait photographers and the like instead of just a cool hobbyist.

So you can use shit like that, sure, and you will get better results, but you'll also look like a sperg unless you're a professional portrait photographer.
>>
>>3751773
>I think darktable is very good.
Well, you'd be wrong.
>>
buy a leica and never edit ur photos ever again
>>
>>3751773
Doing God's work anon
>>
>>3751704
>nobody pays adobe thousands
>>
>>3750577
>bleed you dry by subscription

mandatory subscriptions are just the current form of this.

its called planned obsolescence, this is just the digital ages version of weak clutch plates and tensioner pulleys.
>>
>>3751823
this.
its so nice to take great photos immediately out of camera and not waste your life away post-processing every damn shot like on my sony
>>
>>3750589
thats not how it worked though.

it was completely dependent on if the license was a lifetime license or not, AND often the license applied to THAT SPECIFIC HARD COPY which you yourself owned. So long as you didnt copy it and or try to sell copies, it was yours to do with as you pleased.

The copyright was all that you didn't "own", just like with CD's or DVD's. The lisence was also to validate you ownership for tech support, for the period of the licenses duration. That would be explained in the ToS.

You did in fact own a lot of older software
>>
>>3751773
Maybe it's good if your camera is well supported by it, my TG-4 raws looked awful in it.
>>
>>3752095

Do you have the current version? It looks like the X-T4 is supported in version 3.2.1: https://github.com/darktable-org/darktable/releases

Out of interest I read a few pages about what is needed to add a new camera. https://www.darktable.org/2012/10/whats-involved-with-adding-support-for-new-cameras/ is interesting.

AFAIK the main places that are camera specific are

1) the module "Denoise (profiled)" (although I don't see a big difference between supported and non-supported cameras)

2) the module "Lens correction"
where it can be a problem if the lens or the camera is not known and the lens has some distortion or strong chromatic abberation that can not be corrected.

The relevant data for the lenses is provided by the library "lensfun" that darktable uses.
https://lensfun.github.io/lenslist/

The camera is easy to add in XML files. I think this information is just relevant because of the mount and the sensor size (although the above link also mentions information about the sensor).

The lensfun database can be updated manually: https://lensfun.github.io/manual/v0.3.2/lensfun-update-data.html

If a lens is missing calibration photos can be uploaded to the developers.

3) A few places where it's just a convenience (e.g. White balance and Base curve)
>>
>>3752141
The color always looked off when I tried to edit it on darktable. That was years ago though, like 2017 or so.
>>
>>3752243

You are better off with Rawtherapee. Because you can import the Adobe TG-4 camera profile in Rawtherapee. This will give you a similar starting point as in LR or CR and it comes close to the sooc jpeg.
>>
>>3750811
Upgrading was $100 anytime you wanted it from whatever previous version.
>>
>>3751160
Upgrades were only $100 before this subscription crap came into play, not hundreds.

I was using CS5 until this year with no problems. Only using CC now because a buddy had a cracked version and I figured what the hell.
>>
>>3751160
>>3752377
Again, just checked to see how full of shit your 'hundreds of dollars in upgrading' was.

I paid $500 for CS2 in 2006. In 2015 I paid $79 to upgrade from to CS5 which I used until 2020.

So 15 years for $579.
15 years of subscription would be $1800. Yea, fuck you.
>>
>>3751160
I was using cs2 until recently. You’re a fool if you really think the “latest and greatest” version of photoshop is all that different from what it was 15 years ago
>>
>>3751688
>bragging about pirating

I’m sure you’re great on first dates lmao
>>
>>3752377
You just need cracked amtlib.dll and you can use any Adobe application from CC2014 to CC2018
>>
I bought affinity but I ended up using capture one express the most. If I were to get into the hobby more I would invest in captureone pro
>>
>>3752383
>In fifteen years I upgraded twice
>Therefore everyone else will only ever upgrade twice
Not everyone who uses a camera is a hobbyist anon.
>>
>>3752544
There are more hobbyist using Adobe products than professionals.
>>
>>3752538
Same I bought affinity but never use it now. It just isn't very good imo.
>>
>>3751823
yea you will have other leica retards whose IG is full of out of focus trash liking your stuff just because of the leica tag. all you ever wanted
>>
>used amtemu for photoshop and lightroom
>can update cameraRAW just fine
>won't pay a single cent on adobe software and never will
>I type this as I have a notepad and pen with the Adobe logo on it given to me by Adobe execs from a meeting at work next to me
Genuinely justify how hard you can defend Adobe since they've moved to their fucking CC subscription model
>>
>>3752673
Based and redpilled tBh
>>
>>3752620
It's not that I don't think it's good. But I have moved away from heavy editing and rarely have a need for it these days
>>
>>3752625
>this poorfag angst
>>
>>3752717
>implying it isn't true
>>
>>3752544
You're not even a stupid nigger.
Clearly you're just an Adobe shill on the clock. Go eat a tide pod.
>>
>>3751774
Yes. Around then.
>>
>>3752731
>implying you aren't poor
>>
Its faggots like you who are responsible for this happening in the first place.
All you cheap fucks who pirated photoshop/lightroom without buying it forced adobe down this path,

This is the eventual fate of pirating, you fuck everything up longterm for a short term gain.

Also i hope you are enjoying your decimated music industry and your video games all changing to be based around microtransactions, all thanks to you and your pirating buddies....
>>
>>3752794
You may overlook that information gathering and analysis is the commodity that will keep companies competitive in the future. Analysis of user behavior to tailor and improve the service, to recognize trends early. Cloud services are therefore already inevitable.
>>
>>3752794
lmao the levels of cope are through the roof
>>
>>3752794
2 rupees has been deposited to your account
>>
>>3752812

imagine thinking that everyone can just keep taking stuff for free without paying and there will never be any consequences.

The levels of denial are through the roof...
>>
>>3752816

for what? OP's so poor he cant even afford $10 so no companies going to be making any money off him anyway
>>
>>3752544
See >>3752384
>>
>>3752826
>imagine

Unlike real things (a table, food etc.) software can be copied, it's not given "away" but is given without a physical loss for the giver.

As it is now there is a loss, of course, but this is just social convention. Imagine a society where it is encouraged to share freely for the good of everybody, without artificial restrictions to keep a mode of production running that pits everybody against each other while destroying the planet.

It's not an easy goal to reach, but the the first step is to imagine it.
>>
>>3750548

adobe is the worst and you can pirate it without feeling bad
>>
>>3752845

This is the dream of the lazy, im sure in there dream they do nothing and get everything for free. The reality is hardworking people who create and drive and run everything wont be happy with this and will slowly influence the system to work for them.

What you are describing is communism and it always fails as people in power end up manipulating it. It never ends up all people happily sharing things equally as that would only ever work if people all worked equally hard which will never happen.
>>
>>3753042
Not that being lazy is terrible or giving without compensation is bad (on the contrary), but I never said anything about being lazy or getting things for free. *Meaningful* work is important for individuals and work is needed for survival.

I just said that people within a society should work (as in "working") together instead of against each other. If witholding software that could help others is a neccisity to survive in a system then I wouldn't call that system desirable.

>What you are describing is communism
I didn't mean to be that specific but just wanted to get the general idea of sharing and cooperation across. State-run communism isn't exacly utopia for me.

Anyway, look at the world as it is now (and think about how it will be in 50 years if nothing changes) before you say that our current organization of societies is working well.

Btw, people in power manipulating the system are already the reality.
>>
>>3753085
Competition is necessary to the point that even i the free software world you see competing projects. Lack of competition leads to stagnation.
Even the USSR knew this.
It's why there's Rawtherapee and Darktable coexisting.
>>3753042
You're a faggot dude, FOSS isn't communism.
>>
>>3753095
Helping each other is independent from competing ideas and implementations. If there's sourcecode in Darktable that would be useful in RawThereapee (or vice versa) it can just be copied!

Of course there can be competing programs and there always will be.
>>
lol im gonna pirate shit anyway

you gob suckers can pay for adobe lmao thanks for paying for the R&D to make my pirated copies better each iteration.
>>
>>3753959
It’s cool I probably pay for a bunch if your other shit anyways.
>>
>>3753104
Both are by some weird reason, still really incapable at highlight recovery.
>>
>>3757359
>highlight recovery
that's a meme, the reason why you should underexpose is because shadows are recoverable but highlights aren't
>>
>>3757420
That's false. You can recover a fair deal of blown highlights in any raw editor. The difference from C1/Lightroom and Rawtherapee/Darktable is that you can recover less from Rawtherapee/Darktable.
>>
>>3753959
I don't care if you pirate but I would prefer that more people use Darktable or some other alternative since it is their market saturation that allows them to get away with their subscription nonsense.
>>
>>3757425
Past the point of sensor clipping you can't
>>
>>3757459
Just try it yourself. lr/c1 will have about an eight of a stop better highlights recovery.
>>
Try this in modern Adobe PS:
>Scan $20 or $100 bill
>Print it.
>You can't.
>>
>>3757473

That's why I don't like to pay for closed source software. You are always paying for things you don't want. I'm using Linux, Gimp and Rawtherapee. If you don't do any printing then using these open source software packages is not a problem. If you do printing then you will need Adobe PS. Rawtherapee handles Canon and Sony raw files very well. I cannot recommend Darktable when you use Canon or Sony cameras.
>>
DXO Photolab. It's primary meant to take care of RAW image processing and editing, of which it does an excellent job. It contains correction profiles for many lenses, and can turn a mediocre lens like the Nikon 24-120 f/4 into something decent. No idea if it does adjusment layers like PS, I don't do stuff like adding fake moons and seagulls to my photos though.
>>
>>3757473
Is this true?
>>
File: EURion_twenty.jpg (543 KB, 971x1331)
543 KB
543 KB JPG
>>3758562
Yeah, but it's been true for about 25 years. Your scanner and printer can detect the EURion constellation on every denomination above $1 and won't scan or print them.

Photoshop works on another, unknown watermark.
https://murdoch.is/projects/currency/
>>
>>3750632
This, the most based Indian alive.
>>
i don't mind subscription adobe
it costs much less than buying the software
>>
I'm used to Lightroom. I'm not interested for cloud service so I pirate it without any trouble. End of story.
>>
>>3750548
>Is it still possible to pirate this shit?
Yes, just not the latest version. I have the CS6 master collection and never paid for it.
>>
>>3751262
There is a reason they call it disposable income you poor peasant.
>>
>>3758638
Complete 2021 catalogue is cracked already. artemu was patched, but there are other methods.
>>
>>3758638
latest cracked was already out
>>
just use rawtherapee bro
>>
>>3750548
>>3751773
Best free = RawTherapee
Best paid = Skylum Luminar
>>
>>3758666
>>3758906
Guess I'm behind the times. I've always had this theory Adobe makes their software easy to crack to maintain the market share they have. Plus there are always people who ran the crack for a while and buy it later either out of guilt or they are now able to afford the software.
>>
>>3759397
>Skylum Luminar

five shekels were placed into your skylum account, they can be now used to buy skylum presets
>>
Why the fuck would anyone ever buy software? Just pirate it you absolute gobshites
>>
>>3759397
RawTherapee works in LAB (and so does garbage like LightRoom). Use darktable.
>>
>>3750550
>he's a renter
Kek.
>>
>>3759794
It's the WinRAR business model

They let you pirate professional software if you are an individual so you become dependent on using their workflow, then when you start making the slightest amount of money off it they extort you, and there's nothing you can do about it because you're stuck in their ecosystem
>>
I got it on pbay and haven't had any issues, just have a look and you should be able to find it.
>>
>>3762071
Edit in newest photoshit. Add cs6 line into exif, and they can't do a thing.
>>
>>3750548
capture one
>>
>>3762071
How do they even find out that you're using it? And even when they have ascertained that you are, how do they know you didn't pay for it?
>>
>>3762493
In my country BSA will just barge into your company at random and demand a list of all you software licenses.
Not sure if they would spend their time to fuck over a single self employed person but my friend had them over and his company is only 4 people.
>>
>>3762498
What does BSA stand for? Just so I can try and figure out what they would call themselves here or if such a body exists.
>>
Don't defend big corporations. They are designed to take away your hard earned money. Anyone who says otherwise are avid consoomers and trying to stoop everyone down to their level.
>>
File: bsamembers.jpg (87 KB, 1307x819)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
>>3762521
BSA is a non-govt alliance of software vendors who rely on disgruntled former employees to narc on shops using/selling their members apps without having valid licenses.
>They cannot barge in without your consent, but can threaten to sue you.
>Essentially a shakedown racket of lawyers financed by billionaires offering 'rewards' to rat on their users. Validity of the claim isn't important. They usually target businesses that might have hundreds/thousands of potential violations (schools, hospitals, etc).
>>
>>3762587
Ah okay. So they really rely on a tip off and any investigation is going to cost them money so they'd want to make sure they're right before they get serious.
Because even if they did find your work online and check you against a database of paying customers, you could have subbed the job out to someone that actually paid for the software for all they can prove.
>>
>>3762587
This is basically a union. As someone who works for one of those companies and has family that apparently works for another one of those companies, yeah. We have it better than a lot of others.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.