[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vmg / vr / vrpg / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/p/ - Photography

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: ken-wheeler.jpg (146 KB, 950x770)
146 KB
146 KB JPG
What do you think about this channel? Photography is hobby for me, so maybe I dont recognize mistakes, Im pissed of influensers on youtube, bit Ill be happy if you write some good photography channels

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop 7.0
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2018:01:14 16:02:40
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width950
Image Height770
>>
>>3686435
stop self advertising you fat fuck
>>
>>3686435
Go die in a fire.
>>
For every bad photo he took, he lost one hair and gained 100g.
>>
insufferable asshole, I’m honestly baffled as to why his channel is so popular. Any time I come into proximity with a person like him it’s a bad day. You ever have a coworker like this guy who thinks his opinions are all hidden truths and is pissed at everyone else who exists?
>>
>>3686435
Fuck you ken. You 5G fatty.
>>
>>3686435
>some good photography channels
Thomas Heaton, Nigel Danson, Mark Denney, David Johnston, Photo Tom, First Man Photography, Henry Turner (all landscape-centric, since I'm a landscaper). For gear and news, Christopher Frost, Gordon Laing and JCristina.
>>
File: 1566355878535.webm (742 KB, 714x440)
742 KB
742 KB WEBM
>>
>>3686518
Probably the same audience that visits the dpreview forums and overedits their mundane flickr shots. Boomers and gearfags are autistic.
>>
>>3686596
Hi ambush
>>
>>3686591
pot meet kettle
>>
>>3686435
James Popsys
>>
>>3686435
scam artist con man
>>
>>3686615
cope
https://archive.nyafuu.org/p/thread/3631611/#3631921
that's a racist analogy in 2020 as well check your privilege
>>
>>3686784
Hi ambush
>>
Holy shit I watched his last video about the DSLR doom.

This guy has the nerves to say he doesn't respect any other Camera reviewers on YT because they are shills when he's probably the biggest one of them all.

The worst thing is that his favorite brand Fuji won't even acknowledge the man and provide him with a X-T4 sample. I find this hilarious.
>>
>>3690360
He's a prime example of the Dunning-Kruger effect. Fuji won't give him a camera because his photos suck.
>>
>>3686582
>Christopher Frost
based priest gearfag
>>
File: 1376785883307.jpg (47 KB, 426x341)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>3690684
He's actually an incredibly vengeful person. I know because I interact with him on SAR disqus.

If you ever get into a heated argument with him, and prove him wrong in the end, he just gets pissed and ignores you.
And then he blocks you if you ever replies to him again.

And then he publicly asked SAR admin to shadow ban me.
I just made a new account after that.
>>
>>3690691
What's SAR?
>>
>>3690726
Sony Alpha (ironic) Rumors

Gearfag done outed himself
>>
File: Untitled.png (9 KB, 540x128)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
>>3690727
I'm still saying the truth though.

I just remembered a little bit wrong, it wasn't me he aimed at, but someone else. But he blocked me all the same.
>>
>>
>>3686780
Lmao you’re fat and bald
>>
>>3690800
Hi ambush
>>
>>3686497
That would mean he actually has taken a single good image and he is far to bad of a photographer for that.
Remember he stole images and claimed he took them?
>>
>>3686435
20 minute long videos where he doesnt show any photos and when you look up his IG it’s worse than mediocre. He is a gearfag
>>
I’ve watched a lot of his videos about lenses, only very recently did I see some of his pics.
Holy shit he’s amateur. Some of his settings were just WTF? 3200iso on a fucking sunny say lmao.
>>
>>3690753
Ladies and gentlemen, the self-acclaimed world leader in magnetism, dead languages, niche buddhism and photographic technology.
Einstein BTFO.
>>
>>3686435
I don't
>>
>>3691190
also his website link is just www.youtube.com
>>
>>3691347
can you link, I'm so curious. I just watched one of his 5G conspiracy videos and it was insufferable
>>
>>3691347
>>3691506
oh nevermind, found his flickr. It's just like photos my dad would email me taken around the yard mixed with the worst of /RPT/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/134746128@N05/with/48694317543/
>>
>>3686435
this guy's the manifestation of /p. gear drama but shoot dirt?
>>
File: 48739030483_1dd0497675_k.jpg (512 KB, 2048x1402)
512 KB
512 KB JPG
>>3691508
His flickr always cracks me up. Can you imagine owning a GFX 50R and using it to take this shot?

>>
>>3691347
>Some of his settings were just WTF? 3200iso on a fucking sunny say lmao.
This is something all those camera review people seem to do. I have no idea how it's possible, whenever I'm shooting during the day at 200 ISO at normal aperture ranges my shutter speed is somewhere in the 1/500, yet this dude has 800 ISO - 1/100 SS
>>
>>3692418
Ken doesn't know what he's doing, but neither do you if you think everyone is always aiming for "lowest ISO"

There are a load of reasons someone might choose 800 iso 1/100 SS over 200 iso and 1/500

The ability to freeze movement works both ways. Sometimes you can freeze motion *too much* and sterilize the image. 1/100 is more exciting to look at in sports than 1/500 is.
iso 800 vs iso 200 is an undetetectable difference on most modern cameras, and 800 is actually peak dynamic range if you happen to be shooting jpegs

This is something with youtube retards, content makers and content consumers, they think they know more than they do because all their knowledge is rooted in third person experiences.

Just use your camera. Turn off the youtube. It's not that hard.
>>
>>3690360
>>3690365

That's not the case, Fujifilm would never associate with a man who peddles conspiracy theories relating to 5G and magnetism on his channel.
>>
>>3692614
i saw that too and cringed
>>
>>3692424
Every camera can be different. I had a point in shoot and auto white balanced worked better then manual.
>>
>>3692424
>The YouTube
Ok. Boomer.
>>
>>3692424
You absolutely should be going for the lowest ISO unless you have a reason not to.
Taking a posed pic of a stationary model in daylight essentially frees you from shutter speed decisions. The limits being the steadiness of your hand and limits of your flash sync or max shutter speed.
3200ISO, shutter at 1/900th, daylight and flash.
That’s just bad form.
>>
File: 1495122774299.jpg (58 KB, 401x600)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
>>3692403
>spergs out on gear
>can't shoot
yep it checks out

Horizontal Resolution96 dpi
Vertical Resolution96 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width401
Image Height600
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
File: 5827928721.jpg (113 KB, 894x478)
113 KB
113 KB JPG
>>3693516
Not necessarily. You may have lower DR at higher ISO, but the range of DR changes too. You have more dynamic range for highlights at high ISO, and more dynamic range for shadows at low ISO.
So there is sense for using higher ISO in bright light during the day.
Not that Ken would know because he's a fucking spastic.

Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
>>
>>3691508
Fuck. That looks like the kind of shit I’d do when I first started.
>>
>>3693933
is this real? why does nobody talk about it?
>>
>>3693933
I never knew. Thanks !
>>
>>3694030
Does .4 stops of DR only affecting the highlights and in a narrow window of iso range affect your photos at all? Do you even own a camera?
>>
>>3694053
Not him but in the image it’s 1.3 stops from ISO 320 - 800.
Makes me wonder how this differs between sensors, how it is affected by sensors with dual base iso. Also, why do video cameras like the black magic pocket have a native base ISO of 800?
>>
Ken is a pedophile, one of the worst photographers I’ve ever seen and has shit opinions about lenses.

He eats so much fucking cheese whizz you can hear it gurgling in his stomach into his esophagus from his microphone. He’s awful at everything he does and you should stop giving him attention like this because that’s the only reason he clings to his miserable existence.
>>
>>3694192
Everyone is a paedophile these days aren't they
>>
>>3694192
“ If humanity evolved from primordial slime pools, who gets to declare that the pedophile is a criminal and the croc is just functioning according to his evolved DNA?”
- Ken
>>
>>3694194
I mean just look at him and tell me he isn’t one.
>>
>>3694196
That doesn't in and of itself prove that he is a paedophile. That just proves he's stupid and making an edgy boomer point.
Paedophiles probably watch him to find out which is the best camera to aim out of the window with a 300mm to take snapshots of the kiddies thanks to that little comment though.
>>
“The great lord Kenneth hungers. Squire, bring me another Doritos Locos Taco.”
>>
>>3694214
I read that in his fucking voice
>>
The guy can't take pictures for shit, but he put me onto some good vintage lenses so I'm grateful for that.
>>
>>3686591
mr. /p/otatohead
>>
He's very knowledgeable and knows tons of tricks, his problem is presentation, he has horrible social skills and doesn't know how to organize his thoughts and video formatting (presentation skills). His channel was just a way to cope for the death of his wife very shortly after his quick retirement and the subsequent mid-life crisis that did (he was a buddhist who read languages, cycled and ran as a hobby and who worked as a protog for himself and a couple of agencies to pay bills)
But the majority of what he says holds truth for someone who made himself in an environment around quick photo shoots and camera maintenance, but he lives in a constant paradigm of defending all that makes photography art (microtonality in lenses, flawless cameras in terms of functionality, signal-to-noise sensor performance) but he himself always did stone cold stock photography (sports, events, business portraits) and never the former.

Strange guy but i can trust what he says regarding lenses and technical quirks around gear. I don't know about magnetism and languages, and he rarely posts personal images. He strikes me as a very clinical and highly technical photographer (based on prints he flexed a couple of times) but who rarely dares to compose anything interesting, so basically what everyone here would like to be sans dead swedish wife. Certainly not a person for homo, sensible people.
>>
>>3694030
Isi has mentioned it in the past
>>
>>3691508
He's clearly just walking around, never stepping off the path, just panning each way looking at things and snapping pictures. No picture ever composed.
>>
>>3699209
i see you have bought into his bullshit. there's too much to address here, so i'll be brief and just say even what he says about technical quirks is generally completely breathtakingly wrong.

as for lenses, a few years ago when he "talked about and reviewed" vintage lenses was the same time he was selling them on ebay to turn a quick buck. moreover the lenses he claims to recommend are 20 years+ in age, long enough for the shit to be forgotten about, so there's nothing special about them. also note they're almost always native lenses. notice he has almost nothing to say about contemporary lenses: you won't find a single good thing said about canon/pentax/sony/sigma/etc lenses, except gagging on fujis cock and sleeping with his boomer nikon lenses.

he's a garbage person.
>>
>>3699252
>completely breathtakingly wrong.
Weaver stance shooting with a left-hand index finger closed posture is a very sturdy position he claimed once and that's true enough. IR light on hotbox for IR cameras sounds obvious but he seems to be the only one mentioning that.
>as for lenses
>20 years+ in age, long enough for the shit to be forgotten about, so there's nothing special about them.
That doesn't make sense other than saying he's repeating stuff people forgot about. In that case he does remind people of seemingly good stuff instead of pulling his pants and trying them for himself, but that doesn't make them "nothing worth noting"
>you won't find a single good thing said about canon/pentax/sony/sigma/etc lenses
He did use a couple of shit if YT recommendation section is reliable. I recall he praised Tamron's new 35mm and i recall also he said Canon FD stuff is usually great, which doesn't seem like a revelation but there's that. Old Pentax stuff appeared in some of those old vids and i suppose he doesn't say anything good about Sigma due to their build quality and "resolution in spite of microcontrast" oil he keeps feeding people.
Fat bastard doesn't own new Sony and Canon cameras, no wonder he doesn't touch them.
>his boomer nikon lenses.
lol go to sleep timmy, never said he was a good lad

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.