[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/p/ - Photography

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1533664462423.jpg (61 KB, 1024x967)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
Confess your /p/hotographic sins
>>
Shooting JPEG at a wedding
>>
I make the same shitty confess thread on 4chan over and over
>>
>>3486952
Actually this is my first time making the thread as I want to share a confession when the threads get a bit more populated
>>
I use presets all the time and edit them slightly differently as needed. I rarely edit my own photos on my own.
>>
File: dsc pieni.jpg (95 KB, 750x495)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
I shoot with automatic settings to jpeg, and edit in GIMP.
>>
File: gulag.gif (155 KB, 200x216)
155 KB
155 KB GIF
>>3486966
>using gimp
>not just torrenting lightroom/photoshop/luminar
>>
I just bought a zenith film camera and I have no real use or knowledge about it. I just got it because it looks cool
>>
I started a YouTube photography channel once. The feeling of shame has never really left me.
>>
I bought lenses for my phone from wish :(
>>
I have never taken a photo in my entire life, in fact, I don't even own a camera
>>
Never used a flash
Don't even know when flash is appropriate and I know piss all about lighting in general
>>
>>3486946

I shot fifteen years in AdobeRGB.
>>
>>3486946
Bought a shitload of 70's primes because they look cool. Use them everyday.

>>3486966
You're mankind's last hope.
>>
I should have gotten my first native full frame lens for my A7r (I've been adapting film lenses) instead of buying this

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2019 (Windows)
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2019:05:30 10:18:23
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1000
Image Height744
>>
>>3486946
I used to shill for Sony even if i hate them just to spite poojits.
>>
>>3487065
Wtf anon ? Why did you a second camera ?
>>
The only reason I spent $1200 on a 6D instead of the $350 on a 5D is because I find it insanely uncomfortable to shoot through the viewfinder. I always shoot everything in live view. I just can't compose anything looking through such a small viewfinder, every time I try my mind just goes NOPE and shuts off.
>>
>>3487029
Are you not supposed to use AdoveRGB? even above sRBG?
>>
>>3487119
If he only shot jpeg it's a minor mistake. He'll loose some info converting back into srgb fro web. Shooting argb and uploading argb for web, would be major fuck up.
>>
I shoot raw and only use the auto buttons in DPP4 to make jpgs for /p/
I also broke my 64gb sd card by carelessly inserting it the wrong way after owning the camera for a year
>>
File: not_ok.png (603 KB, 446x928)
603 KB
603 KB PNG
>>3487117
I've got a friend that does that shit with my camera it drives me fucking insane hearing the "clack!" when he switches. Why dudes? Why???
>>
File: retard.png (187 KB, 500x627)
187 KB
187 KB PNG
>>3487128
S-sorry.
>>
>>3487128
same i cant stand the extra mirror slap from live view shooting
>>3487117
>>3487132
not using your face as image stabilization
>>
>>3487117
>>3487132
You are a waste of oxigen
>>
>>3486966
GIMP is unironically based for certain things. Like making gifs and adding lens distortions and such.
>>
>>3486946
Sometimes I think I enjoy playing with new gear and collecting old cameras more than actually leaving my house and taking photos.
>>
>>3487171
It's okay man. I'm like that too. It's just very mild autism
>>
>>3487147
Don't bully he cute
>>
File: sliders.jpg (41 KB, 316x691)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
Up until quite recently, I pretty much used these settings on every photo. HDR dreck.
>>
>>3487217
>f11
>1/2000s
>ISO 800

Excuse me but what the actual fuck
>>
>>3487286
Maybe he was shooting a fighter plane swooping down for a strafing run and wanted to get the carrier group behind it in the distance.
>>
>>3487286
i'm more confused about
>contrast +100
>highlights -100
>shadows +100
>whites -100
>blacks +100
>>
>>3487286
>>3487321

f/11 is the sharpest for 300 (450) mm.
1/2000 because I was photographing a bird that might've taken off like an F/A-18 Hornet attempting to strafe a Tic Tac.
800 ISO - overcast weather, and see above.

Smoke on your pipe and put that in.
>>
>>3487470
What about these ? >>3487374
>>
>>3486946
I am too cheap to buy a real camera so i use my phone.
>>
>>3486946

I rub my taint sweat on the bottom left of my camera, so if anyone picks it up and looks through the viewfinder, their nose is right next to my Gooch juice.
>>
I once took a photograph of a duck.
>>
>>3487116
no anon, this is my fourth camera
>>
>>3487472
It reveals lots of detail in the photo. It might be closer to what the human eye sees, but one's human eyes don't know where the fook to look. Not a propah photah.
>>
>>3486946
I'm not a photographer.
>>
I shot a roll of 40 exposures and cut the last negative.
>>
I only shoot film because the mainstream photo scene is so cancerous, this way I can mostly avoid the boomers jerking their gearfag dicks over their megapixels and autofocus speeds. Film hypebeasts are annoying but way less than those guys.
>>
Forgive me for I hath be gear*gged all year. Sold xe3 bought xpro2 sold xpro2 bought xe3 returned xe3 bought x100f. Hopefully that stops me.
>>
I think /p/ overall have extremely bad taste and I usually like whatever instagram famous guy anon shits on.
>>
>>3486946
Whenever I sell film gear on Gumtree I only accept meeting in person if they're a girl, hoping they're a qt art hoe and something between us kicks off.
I've done this twice now, first time she seemed super nice and flirty though text and we arranged for her to come over to my house to buy the camera. When she arrived I greeted her at my front door and standing right next to her was her chad as fuck boyfriend.
Second time the same thing pretty much happened again but the bf answered because she was too shy to leave the car.

Equipment MakeApple
Camera ModeliPhone 6
Camera SoftwareVSCO
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Image Created2016:01:27 12:15:43
Exposure Time1/30 sec
Exposure ProgramNormal Program
ISO Speed Rating250
Lens Aperturef/2.2
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash, Auto
Focal Length4.20 mm
CommentProcessed with VSCOcam with k3 preset
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>3487910
I kinda feel the same way. You can say what you want about instafamous photographers, but at he very least they have the very basics down. Basic shit like nailing focus and exposure. A lot of them have interesting subjects and they definitely have a sense of style. And the thing is a vast majority of /p/ don't have any of that shit. Just look at the rpt for proof. Don't get me wrong, there are a few really good photographers I've seen on here that I would say are on the same level if not better as those instafamous guys, there's a thread up right now with some really good, consistent stuff. But somehow it doesn't feel like those photographers are the ones shitting on instagram, it always seems to be the rest of /p/ that posts entry level dredge that seems to think they're better than Peter McKinnon or whatever.
>>
I'm starting to lose my interest taking photos. Look like it isn't for me.
>>
>>3489104
Expand into other genres or do video mayhaps?
>>
I've got an exhibition coming up at the end of summer and I haven't taken a single picture for it. In fact I haven't taken a picture for nearly a month, except reluctantly using someone else's phone at Parties and shit. In the end I know I'm going to knock together a dozen low-effort images, pay a fortune for prints and mounting them stand in a gallery drinking piss-warm chardonnay listening to liars tell me how my work is great while I die a little bit inside because we both know it's shit.

I've never been this disengaged before, I don't think it will affect my career my career, and I don't know how much I care.

I'm becoming a hack.
>>
I have almost 100 rolls of undeveloped film in my fridge. I just got off my ass a month or so ago and developed ~30-40 rolls, but then went on a trip and shot 30 rolls again. I’m never gonna catch up with my backlog at this rate.
>>
>>3487117
>1200$ on a 6D

please tell me that's not a recent purchase
>>
>>3487132
Don't listen to them, I shoot using the viewfinder and I find it horrible. Only time I found it enjoyable was with a canon AE-1, the viewfinder was much brighter and enjoyable to use actually.
>>
>>3489206
>viewfinder with manual focus screen
>brighter
>>
I spent 10 years as a poorfag shooting with one old Canon body and two old Canon lenses. Built my entire photography career on technique, doing things DIY and shooting every day. Scoffed at every gearfag, cause I was taking better photos with older gear and cheap Chinese accessories.

The last few years I started making better money, had money to upgrade everything. Three bodies, 10 lenses, pro lighting gear. Became a total gearfag. I regret it now, because I don't feel my photography became significantly better with any of that fancier gear.
>>
i bought a a7iii and i only use vintage lenses
>>
>>3489239
>I regret it now, because I don't feel my photography became significantly better with any of that fancier gear.
What's the reason? Did you become lazy regarding your photography?

I'd consider myself a gearfag and I don't spend money on the best and latest options. My equipment covers everything, I would say it is a reasonable compromise, but it would still be enough even for a professional.
The thing is I often give other people hints about their equipment, adjust things to it. When I'm in a photo shop, it's quickly the case that I consult there instead of the experts behind the counter.
I go blind because I get lost in details, which is why I've been trying to ignore everything on the camera lately and just take shots while I'm not looking through the viewfinder, but past the camera to what's happening in front of it, confronting me with this.
>>
>>3489239
>I regret it now, because I don't feel my photography became significantly better with any of that fancier gear.
It's not your gear's fault that you didn't adapt your technique to the capabilities of your new gear. Like imagine going from a press camera to a field camera, then not using movements. Sure some of the features that new stuff has aren't applicable to all situations, but that's where experimentation comes into play. Figure out how to push the new shit to its limits like you did with the older shit.
>>
File: DSC03098_crop.jpg (690 KB, 750x1000)
690 KB
690 KB JPG
Shoot P&S or phone only, edit in GIMP or Snapseed

>>
>>3489117
vernissage wine is the most depressing shit in the world. bring a 6 pack of trappist or something at least be a joyful hack.
>>
i use analog as an excuse to not edit my pictures
>>
>>3489117
Calm down, Alex.
>>
I drool over a Leica and I wish I had at least model III.
>>
I go to anime conventions to take photos of girls so I can masturbate to them later. But it's not just haha look at that girl in that slutty Kill la Kill costume with her tiddies hanging out. I mean anyone can just google that shit and find tons of photos. What I like to do is to small talk with them a bit to make them feel awkward/uncomfortable/creeped out. I'm a pretty disgusting looking guy so this is very simple to achieve, I just tell them that they look really pretty and they instantly do that fake smile to hide away their utter disgust at being called pretty by a troglodyte such as myself. Then when I get home I just masturbate to that disgusted look on their face and pretend that this is what their face would look like if they saw me wanking my dick in front of them. I jizz so hard at the idea of evoking such a strong feeling of disgust and utter contempt from a pretty cosplay girl.

Also I only shoot in jpg because I literally can not tell the difference in quality between me editing a raw file or editing the same photo as a jpg. I feel like I'm just being memed when people tell me how important shooting in raw is.
>>
>>3489257
So true. I used to have decent crop sensor gear and it lenses and pushed the shit out of them. Never used autofocus because I was faster.

Buy some high end glass and FF bodies and get lazy and rely on the gear to do the work. Everyone says my work is better but I feel I'm just getting lazy.

BTW I do this for a living now and it's mostly news journalism shit. But I do hope out and have fun from time to time but when you turn your hobby into your job it's not as fun anymore. Get in, get the pic, light edit, get to editor, rinse, repeat. At least it's a paycheck and im doing something I once was passionate about.
>>
I edit my RAWs with darktable. I don't know if that's a sin or high priest tier
>>
>>3489270

I usually take a bottle of scotch and hide it out the back. Then if any journalists come I can offer them the good stuff.

>tfw no journalists ever come and I end up necking the bottle with my friends after everyone else goes home
>>
File: P1220659.jpg (1.54 MB, 4752x3168)
1.54 MB
1.54 MB JPG
>>3486946
Lost my lens cap after two years with my GH2, didn't give a fuck. tripped and stuck the front glass element into a rock in a waterfall got a nice nick right at the middle of the lens. Now I some pretty nice lens flare when shooting at an angle from hard light sources.
One year after buying my 20mm 1.7 also lost its front cap...
...Haven't given a fuck either, still using it without covering it after use...
... I clean it with spit and my shirt. Still smooth as new

Equipment MakePanasonic
Camera ModelDMC-GH2
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS6 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.7
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)40 mm
Image Width4752
Image Height3168
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Horizontal Resolution180 dpi
Vertical Resolution180 dpi
Image Created2019:06:05 00:54:24
Exposure Time1/1600 sec
F-Numberf/1.7
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating160
Lens Aperturef/1.7
Exposure Bias-0.7 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length20.00 mm
Image Width4752
Image Height3168
RenderingCustom
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Gain ControlLow Gain Up
ContrastNormal
SaturationHigh
SharpnessSoft
>>
>>3487581
just post the picture mong
>>
>>3487006
That's pretty much all of /p/.
>>
I have no idea how auto iso works on my camera or how to turn it off
>>
I've taken 'guy who takes photos' as my social identity and I get unreasonably upset whenever I see my friends and/or family doing photography related stuff. Like if they go on vacation and post photos I just start seething because they're encroaching on the only thing that defines me as a person.
>>
I have a professional video shoot for a hotel later this month but I use pirated Premiere from 2015 for editing
>>
>>3489520
auto iso just chooses whichever ISO it needs for your current settings and the current available light

you turn it off by setting the ISO to something (100,200,400 etc.)
>>
>>3489571
Export XML from Premiere into DaVinci and export the final video from there.

Conscience status: clean
>>
I'm ashamed to be a poorfag and take pictures with my crappy D2000 out in public. When I see richfag boomers with their 5D's and thousand dollar lenses I run away.
>>
>>3489574
For real though would this completely bury the evidence of a pirated premiere?
>>
>>3489576
Cute.
>>
>>3489571
>>3489578

Totally newbie here.
Can they know if this is a legit version or not ?
>>
File: 1540073794297.png (717 KB, 497x593)
717 KB
717 KB PNG
>>3489576
>mfw BBL'S all around me taking the women
>can't even begin to compete against peak optical performance with my lil stub of a 50mm
Ha-ha ha guys it's just cold i swear...
>>
>>3489581
Just a friendly reminder that you will NEVER be able to compete with L series glass. heh, lenslets
>>
>>3489580
no
>>
>>3489369
Both based and cringe
>>
File: arena.jpg (57 KB, 1000x662)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>3489583
>L glass
>>
>>3486946
>take camera with me in backpack
>see thing I want to take picture of
>"eh, there are too many people around, I'll come back some other time"
>go home
>feel guilty about not having taken any pictures
>repeat
>>
>>3486946
4x5
>>
today I woke up and got out of bed. Major mistake.
>>
I have 3 film cameras, only used one once. Mostly caused by no way of developing by myself, and local lab is shit really.

>>3486979
Get some rolls, and some book about photography that kinda older.

Or just watch youtube.
>>
i'm going to university to study photography.

>>3489647
i had the same issue. get a strap, anon. it's one of the best things i did for my photography. force yourself to carry your camera in your hands as often as possible as well, using the strap only when you need two hands for something.
also, when you see something, just stop walking. stand there until you can muster yourself to take a photo. don't even move until you've gone through all the mental gymnastics to convince yourself to take the photo. it only gets easier the more you do it. good luck, anon.
>>
>>3489695
Don't know if hipster, troll, hipster, zoomer or pretentious cunt.
>>
I spent years shooting on Shutter priority before getting frustrated that I could never quiet get the exposure right, or I would forget I was on manual when changing locations.
Now I shoot Auto w/o Flash for almost everything, and only use manual for Pano's or Long Exposures.

I shoot in large sized jpeg because RAW takes up twice as much space and I never feel I need the extra layer of editing.

I have a photography job at a newspaper and I spend more time browsing 4chan at work than I do writing assignments.
>>
>>3489704
i fail to see what about my post made you upset.
>>
>>3489718
nigga 1tb NVME ssds are <$150 and 2tb hdds can be found for <$50
>>
>>3489721
where?
>>
I suck and don't know why I still shoot but photo is all I have so I have to do it but I can't help making shit photos.
>>
I regularly ask my cousin to model for me and she always agrees. I just tell her I need the practice and it's hard for me to find models. But in reality I find my cousin very attractive and I am infatuated with her body. The farthest I've gotten is photographing her in her swim suit. She was very sexy. I'm working up the courage to ask her to pose nude for me. Wish me luck /p/.
>>
>>3489779
Now that's what I call a confession.
Good luck, and keep us updated, dirtbag anon.
>>
>>3489779
do keep us updated with her armpit and feet shots desu.
>>
>>3489779
I'm rooting for you fellow incestbro I'm kinda in the same boat just that i don't dare get closer to her because she's still not... That...
>>
Ok, this is disturbing, but there you go (I warned you):
I actually value Instagram likes.
My posts are not gettiing many likes lately and I'm actually concerned.
>>
>>3489808
>Valuing likes
retard
>Likes are lower
It's probably the algorithm
>>
>>3489808
Zuckerburg is just trying to see if he can get you to an hero.
>>
>>3489773
https://www.newegg.com/intel-660p-series-1tb/p/N82E16820167462
1tb NVME, $99
>>
>>3489859
Fug, shiz, geddin cheep.
>>
Every time there's a food festival or something in my town I get excited and think about going and taking photos. But usually a day before whatever event, I manage to convince myself that the photos are going to be shit anyway so I shouldn't bother going. So I just end up never taking photos ever.
>>
>>3489719
Not you, not your post, but all the people here who have a camera attached to them all the time, obviously only for lifestyle reasons. Admittedly, none of them is studying photography, art or doing anything like that. What's the car to someone that is always driving up and down the venues is your camera. I can't help but assume that.
>>
I use a battery grip for the sole purpose of looking like I have a more professional camera. I don't even have an extra battery in the thing.
>>
>>3487374
Blacks -100
Whites +100
Represent all blacks accurately
>>
I still visit /p/
>>
>>3489892
who gives a shit? why would someone need to study photography or hold exhibitions or whatever to justify walking around with a camera? if this was about parading around in a full military getup with a bunch of guns and medals despite never having shot any of those guns or earned any of the medals I'd understand. but it's not, it's just a fucking hobby
>>
>>3489926
That's not my point. I like people who aim to take pictures. It doesn't have to be a profession. I can understand when someone always has the camera with them. That's one thing.
There's one more side where I've made experiences and I think I understood why someone always carries the camera around openly, even when they shop, work, go to school, to the swimming pool, to the toilet.
>>
>>3489948

What the actual fuck are you talking about m8? I can sort of sense an idea in there but it's like trying to catch an eel in jelly.
>>
>>3489483
People using m43 are pretty discreet on this forum, you're, probably the first one I see since a month.
>>
File: Iya-na-Kao.jpg (41 KB, 1000x665)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>3489369
based
>>
i shot and edited 2 photos exactly like my role model did. Not like I made profit or anything but I just wanted to practice a style along the same lines and I think i've succeeded, and not that i regret it but I saw that moment as a copypasta moment that'll probably disappoint senpai.
>>
>>3489896
The old panty dropper attachment.
>>
My laptop is on it's last legs, the keyboard is hot and it's running Vista.The internet is starting to say "Nope, please update your..." The only back ups I have are some 8x6 prints.

I secretly hope I wake up tomorrow to the blue screen of death. Most of my photos from the last 12 years are quite "meh" so I could just toss the thing in the bin and start again from scratch. I can get a free more modern tower from my brothers.

If anyone asks I could show them the handful of prints and blame "the great crash of 2019" for my limited portfolio.
>>
>>3490179
You do know that you can just remove the HDD and access your files, right?
>>
>>3489576

You should still take pictures. If you're confident in your skills there's no shame. I used to be like this at concert shoots. I'd be there with my a6000 and would stop shooting when someone with a bigger/more expensive camera walked by. I was ashamed because they were obviously more accomplished.

I later looked up the photos from that night and the people with the expensive gear usually took soulless shit photos because they were there as quick hires and don't give a shit about the end result.

Even if your skills aren't all the way there just keep shooting cause you won't get better if you keep shying away. Just look up any local photographers on facebook to see what they have the audacity to charge for to feel better about yourself.
>>
>>3490192
I think you missed the point, I want an excuse to delete most of the last 12 years without actually doing it myself. I want to blame the loss on the tech not the fact that the HDD was full of snapshits.
>>
>>3489896

Unironically based. Plus not having an extra battery keeps it light but still gives you the extra grip space.
>>
>>3486989
post link
>>
>>3489948
>I like people who aim to take pictures.
Yeah and why do you think that anon recommended always carrying the camera?
>>
>>3490258
Not necessarily for what you think.
>>
>>3490301
Enlighten me then
>>
>>3489369
based and wankpilled
>>
>>3490312
that's sad. I'm sad.
>>
>>3490301
>"I want to take more pictures but I often feel like people will start looking at me if I stop and fumble with my shit for half a minute, so I just keep walking"
anon responds:
>"get a strap and walk everywhere with your camera so it's easier and quicker to stop and take pictures and you won't get so anxious about people looking at you :-)"
you:
>"ackchyually, this doesn't necessarily mean you want to take pictures, I bet you just want to look cool and don't even take photography classes or know who bruce gildan is"
fuck off idiot
>>
>>3487006
actually that pretty based. what fag needs flash, know your iso
>>
>>3489896
I do this too
>>
I vlog on YouTube
>>
>>3490358

u scum
>>
File: Zl2tSak.jpg (186 KB, 1600x1200)
186 KB
186 KB JPG
>>3489896
I do this too.

>>3490074
This unironically as well. I hooked with 3 qt's who thought I was better than I actually was. One of them is currently my nude model. Shit's pretty cash.
5d3+ fuji x100 combo. Never fails.
>>
>>3490341
>what fag needs flash,

He thinks flash is only to compensate for low light. That's cute.
>>
File: 6336.jpg (221 KB, 1000x600)
221 KB
221 KB JPG
I hate modern activist journalism and local news but still keep gear in the car so I can snap random shit for them like a dirtbag. Pic related; Sold 3 shots recently to my local boring, irrelevant propaganda rag.

Side note, I used to do some video work and had one go viral a few years ago regarding American politics. It was on every major news outlet, and even El Rushbo talked about it. Glenn Beck did a feature on it with Fox, and there was a very public dispute between him and MSNBC over it. It was weird seeing both sides of the spectrum fighting over something you made out of boredom.

Just goes to show, if you shitpost hard enough your dreams can come true.

>>
>>3490479
>modern
Were you alive for vintage activist journalism and local news?
>>
>>3490507

There was always propaganda, but now that nobody needs the dinosaur media, their standards have completely disappeared in their struggle to stay noticed. There are independent YouTubers with higher standards than the MSM.
>>
File: 1352647299879.jpg (12 KB, 250x250)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>3490508
>There are independent YouTubers with higher standards than the MSM.
>independent
>YouTubers
>standards

AHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>3490479
shitposting your local media can take you places
>>
>>3490515

You're behind the times, boomer.
>>
>>3490515
>ratings down
>income down
>trust down
for 10 years
>>
>>3490508
>>3490515
Sensiblechuckle.jpg
>>
>editing my 35mm pictures in lightroom
>>
>>3487171
me 90% of the time
>>
I’m a talentless fraud and I’m afraid that any day now someone will call me out on it.
>>
>>3490636
Are you the MSM?
>>
>>3489380
I downloaded the free trial of Lightroom and unironically went back to darktable when it expired.
>>
>>3490652
i can't find the like button on this post, do you think they are trying to censor conservative opinions yet again?
>>
>>3490755
You can't joke that it isn't happening while also calling for de-platforming, Carlos.
>>
>>3490765
How do you feel about Q anon?
>>
>>3490785
he should leave Picard alone, and stop dabbling with that MLP shit
>>
>>3486946
A nail bar, beauty shop opened up opposite my place so I bought a circular polariser to cut down reflections from the windows. So far so good. The nail girl has great tits.

I was a bit concerned that I was wasting my time but then realised that shitposting on /p/ and checking the local newspaper was the ultimate time waste.

So far nothing to report but it's good practice for on the fly wildlife. They move quite fast.

inb4 post photos
>>
>>3490944
We all know you're a pathetic snapshitter, no need to post any photos.
>>
>>3490947
>pathetic snapshitter
guilty as charged

At least I'm using my camera. My cat is a bully and won't cooperate.
>>
>>3489896
me but with an external flash
>>
>>3490515
decided to comment in this thread to call you a retard
>>
>>3486958
I don't find that as a sin. Taking pictures is harder and funner than edit them.
>>
>>3491036
glad you took some time between your fortnite session zoomer. Back to school with you tomorrow, only a few more weeks until summer holidays start for you
>>
>>3491122
Make your projection a little less obvious next time
>>
>>3491131
it's good that you're already learning the 4chan language kiddo, now you only need to learn how to apply it properly
>>
threadly reminder that the false dichotomy between "the mainstream media" and right wing youtubers is just that, a false dichotomy. you can recognize the flaws of cnn/nbc/cbs/etc while also realizing that crowder et al are a bunch of fucking grifters
>>
>>3491136
Except one group gets demonetized for speech while the other gets 8 ads on their videos while saying the same jokes. There are lots of compilation videos if you search. Colbert makes the same "dangerous" and "personal" attacks as Crowder yet gets a pass. The cat is out of the bag, anon. Deny all you want but everyone knows and is calling it out.

There are lots of liberal bloggers and journey speaking out against this as well, dummy. They are bright enough to know what bias and stifling free speech is and see the danger, especially concerning election meddling. Anyway it's going to court on multiple fronts but pay no attention.
>>
>>3491145
>free speech

this applies to YouTube as well. If they want to create a liberal bubble on their platform, they are free to do so. Really, the 1st amendment and the discussion about free speech only applies to the government but keeps being brought into social media these days for some reason
>>
>>3491152
I was waiting for you to say this. The fact that you said it shows just how in the past you are.

You have the mom and fake left wing journalists (activists) de-platforming people and meddling with search results in order to meddle with election outcomes. They are also discriminating while hiring and firing which is very much illegal, and has it's own lawsuit. Watch the lawsuits and see. Google is panicking.
>>
>>3491145
>Anyway it's going to court on multiple fronts but pay no attention
lol why do you fucking dummies think the anti trust cases are going to be about "MUH ANTI-CONSERVATIVE CENSORSHIP"?
>>
>>3491154
>meddling with search results in order to meddle with election outcomes
holy fuck lmao is this really the angle you idiots are taking now?
>>
The more I try Stock Photography, the less I like stock photography.
>>
I've never created or edited a RAW file.
I use Windows Photo Editor.
I paid £1000 for a camera I'm only ever going to shoot in P mode and never use any of the options apart from JPG filters.
>>
>>3491173
>I've never created or edited a RAW file.

Why not? Genuinely intrigued.
>>
>>3491156

You're completely out of the loop like a good low-information voter should be.
>>
>>3491176
I hate editing and really haven't felt the need for super high quality.
I do intend on learning more about the basic editing parameters soon though. I'm pretty clueless and rely mainly on my camera (Fuji X100T).

I've been into photography for about 4 years.
>>
>>3491177
>i'm very smart and informed because i listen to alex jones screech about how his human rights are being violated when he loses his youtube channel. it is the consensus of the very reasonable political commentators i follow that such actions are obviously being taken to keep people from hearing important conservative voices that question the deep state!
>>
>>3491152
I was waiting for you to say this too, because it’s correct.
>>
>>3491145
>I can't believe I'm allowed to say nazis are evil cunts that deserve the noose, but i can't say the same about black people? ThAtS sO uNfAiR!!!

This is you anon.

>>3491154
>WAHHHHHH how dare private companies choose to hide and deprioritise hate speech and not hire racists and homophobes, ThAtS sO uNfAiR!!!

Here's an idea anon, why not just be a normal, pleasant human?
>>
File: 1559877307327.png (44 KB, 313x236)
44 KB
44 KB PNG
>>3486946
I leave dust and scratches visible in my film scans, mostly out of laziness
>>
File: 1560433165568.jpg (87 KB, 640x776)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
>>3493356

Camera SoftwareInstagram
Image Width640
Image Height776
>>
>>3491154
>You have the mom and fake left wing journalists (activists) de-platforming people
Woah there lad, has a single person been "deplatformed" from their own platform?
>>
>>3489369
Based anon
You're a disgusting piece of filth but pretty based
>>
I shoot RAW + JPG unironically.
>>
>>3493361
Yeah there's a reason why I'm posting it in this thread
>>
I've studied photography in multiple highly ranked schools for the past 5 years, I lurk on /p/ out of pity and masochism. I would never post my photos on here because then I would look retarded
>>
>>3493875
Also this board is just hilariously cringey
>>
>>3493875
>5 years
So your going for your PhD?
>>
>>3489569
Holy shit sometimes I get the same way. I'm in an environment/career where everyone is super masculine and the hobbies are basically crossfit and hunting. I thrive on the fact that I can completely distinguish myself as the "hipster photography guy".

The only time it didn't bother me is when one of my closest friends bought a D3400 and started going hard at it. I taught her how to use lightroom and gave her a 35mm prime lens and now she's getting really good. For me it's less that people are getting into photography and that it's "my thing" it's more that people try to get into photography with literally no appreciation for how it works. The cheapest DSLR is still better than the best phone camera, and so they think just shooting auto with a kit lens qualifies them as an artist. No idea how to post process, no concept of framing or composition, no real knowledge of how any of it actually works.

What makes my blood absolutely boil though is when those people instantly start a "photography" account on instagram, and instantly start offering to do shoots for up to $200/hr.
>>
>>3489647
My problem that I always run into is that I'll see a really good shot while I am driving, and really want to pull over but there's too many cars behind me. When I was going through the national parks (especially in the early morning before all the tourists get there) I could usually get away with it, but not really in my daily commute. Feels bad man.
>>
>>3489718
I shoot aperture priority more (do a lot of portraits), but yeah if I'm at a party where the light is sketchy at best, I'll switch to auto without flash and do it that way. It's a necessary evil. Also I was going to call you the fuck out for not shooting RAW, but if you work for a newspaper they probably don't give a shit about quality post processing so I guess don't waste your time.
>>3489808
same my man.
>>3489896
lmao my A2e has one of those but it literally doesn't even have a battery compartment, it's just to have another shutter button. 100% agree with you though, first rule is always look cool while you're doing it.
>>3490636
Same. One of these days someone will realize that you can learn what I do in less than a week. That's why I charge people so little when they insist on "paid sessions" (most of them are friends and coworkers and I insist that I do it for fun but whatever) because I feel bad about charging money for something that one, I enjoy doing, and two, is really not that difficult.
>>
>>3493369
Does doing this fill up your buffer more quickly?
>>
I'm devolving from film, dslr, mirrorless, then now I just want a jeans pocket compact camera. Anyone with the same feels?
>>
>>3494085
I just feel like not buying anything at all.
Feel like selling all my stuff and keeping a midrange phone for the occasional snapshit.
>>
>>3490479
>I hate modern activist journalism and local news but still keep gear in the car so I can snap random shit for them like a dirtbag. Pic related; Sold 3 shots recently to my local boring, irrelevant propaganda rag.

Try not to cut yourself on that edge, young man.
>>
>>3491186
except that the censorship of Alex Jones' is a clear infringement on his First Amendment rights and should concern any US citizen with half a brain.
>>
>>3494017
well at least they're not offering shoots for $40.
>>
>>3494165
Why would that be bad?
>>
>>3494163
Fucking kek’d
>>
>>3494163
Oh, wow. Didn’t realize youtube was a government agency. Wow! Dang!
>>
>>3490479
How exactly do you sell pictures to local press? Do you just mail them? Post them on twitter and wait for an offer? Are there companies that act as a middle man for you?
>>
>>3494394
Why would you ask for advice from someone stupid enough to shoot the firefighters instead of the BURNING CAR?
>>
Thought I needed all kinds of shit. That it would make me better. Kinda did in so far that buying external flashes and modifiers made my photography more deliberate and controlled.

But I just couldn't justify it for the interrest I actually have in photography so now I'm down to just a d810 with a 24-70 and 50.

Eh,
>>
>>3494163
t. Retard
YouTube is not part of the government
>>
>>3494494
>publisher vs platform
Doesn't have to be government, retard. You don't even understand the argument.
>>
>>3489779
how many times removed?
>>
>>3486946

When I was 13 and got my first dslr and cleaned all my lenses with tissues and paper towels up until I was 15 and got my first 50mm.

I still cringe looking back on it to this day.
>>
>>3487117

I spent 300$ on my 6d lol
>>
>>3494495
Please enlighten us, perry mason.
>>
>>3489695
same
>>
>>3494163
Cool, when did they nationalize YouTube?
>>
>>3494478
I imagine he took a bunch of pictures and the paper's editor decided which one to print
>>
File: flat,1000x1000,075,f.u4.jpg (75 KB, 1000x944)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>3487065
>>3489779
>>
I put my camera on auto and let this girl use it before. It was fucking horrible. Fast forward she didnt improve at all but now she has 20k followers where she posts snapshit and stands in front of every subject she wants to shoot. She got a free drone and lomography hookups and an entourage that helps her lug shit to sites and edits her shit for free.

That is my /p/ sin. I am practicing and focusing on the craft to be great in photography to somehow atone for it.
>>
I am not a gear queer.
>>
>>3494939
link/ is she hot?
>>
I unironically think that isi is the most artistic person on this board, and one of the most talented at taking interesting, aesthetically pleasing photos.
>>
>>3489779

Plot twist: She's 5.
>>
>>3494997
I miss isi
>>
I’ve never actually gone out with a camera to shoot. I’ve bought like 5 photography books and it’s been 4 years since I first got interested in photography but I never really done it.
>>
>>3495093
same. I started collecting images of art styles as inspiration then bought acrylic paints, brushes, canvas boards and other related stuff a couple of years ago to learn how to properly paint but haven't started yet. I'm also starting to lose interest in photography.
>>
>>3495051
xD
>>
My passion is structural photography and new topographics, the problem is that I have crippling social anxiety and I start shaking uncontrollably whenever I take my DSLR out of my bag, smaller cameras doesn't help either.
It has ended up with me sneaking out at night to take my photos while bringing a tripod so people will think I'm pro and in turn not bother me.
Literally the worst trait to have as a male.
>>
>>3486946
I hire underage models so I can pay them less than the minimum wage. My photography interns just fetch coffee and are forbidden from taking photographs. One time I accidentally. Why does confession feels priest look like Ken Wheeler?
>>
>>3495761
I'm sure it isn't a crime in your country.
>>
>>3495763
From what I understand from the accusations, maybe. I'd be more worried about the tax man than an Instagram post from a former model.
>>
I intentionally reduce quality of my images before posting them online. Often even won't upload my best shots from the set not to embarass photographers that shoot the same themes as I do. A phobia stemming from hiding my techniques, copyright fears, and own past experience of being embarrassed by seeing work of higher quality in my youth.
>>
>>3495935
>not to embarass photographers
I call bullshit on this and reduce your reasons to plausible
>hiding my techniques, copyright fears
>>
File: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (71 KB, 1387x702)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>>3495938
You only say that to make me feel good.
>>
I forgot my nikon SLR camera on a bus.
It hurts, to remember.
>>
I shot much more when I first started out with my 35mm camera than I do with my digital camera now. I think I took better photos more often then too.
>>
I feel really frustrated when i can't take a photo because i couldn't pull over on the road or I didn't bring the camera with me.
>>
>>3487917
good idea, poor execution.
>>
I plan on buying p1000 purely for creep shots and vids
>>
I think shooting in auto is fine. Takes a load off my brain.

I dont mind taking bad photos. Yes I know theyre bad, sometimes when taking them. Id just rather take the shot than not.
>>
>>3495935
you should be resizing your images to at least 50% of their original size before posting. thank you for not fucking with my bandwidth
>>
>>3487965
I only use /p/ for posting snapshits because I'm paranoid about people stealing my decent photos.
>>
>>3496009
I know those feels.
>go to works night out
>take photos
>get taxi home
>the next day
>where the fuck is my x100
>my heart sank and I shit myself while trying not to throw up
Thankfully the driver found it and after frantic phone calls and paying him to swing back 'round my place I got it back.

Getting your camera robbed is one thing but losing it through stupidity is a hard pill to swallow.
>>
I've photographed quite a few models and haven't made it with any of them, the ones I tried didn't want it
>>
File: feels.jpg (48 KB, 631x354)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
>>3496201
>>
>>3489183
Have you stumbled upon rolls of good shots you dont remember taking?
>>
>>3496189
Glad you got it back anon-kun! uwu
>>
File: 800_9888.jpg (359 KB, 1023x683)
359 KB
359 KB JPG
>>3496189
I lost my D800 and 28mm 1.8g on Halloween after way to many free martinis.

Found it on Craigslist 5 months later and had the cops go pick it up for me.

Equipment MakeNIKON CORPORATION
Camera ModelNIKON D800
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.0 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.0
Color Filter Array Pattern802
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)50 mm
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2013:11:04 20:02:12
Exposure Time1/30 sec
F-Numberf/2.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating3200
Lens Aperturef/2.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceFlash
FlashFlash, Compulsory, Return Detected
Focal Length50.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
Gain ControlHigh Gain Up
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
>>3497597
up vote
>>
I shot multiple rolls on my m645 before discovering the AM toggle on the lens.
It was turned to M the whole time and I kept getting frustrated about having to open the aperture every time to focus.
>>
can't get out of my comfort zone to go out and just shoot
didn't take a photo for at least 2 months
>>
>>3487917
>Having them come to your house to pick shit up
First rule of safety is do it in public you'll have better chances of a girl meeting solo.
>>
File: u8_lxDoE.jpg (12 KB, 304x304)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
>>3487217
It ain't bad. Damn near looks like Portra 400 if it was scanned super flat
>>
>>3489117
How on earth did you get an exhibition then?
>>
File: 1560357046646.jpg (9 KB, 440x351)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
I don't actually know how to get photography work. I need help anons. Plz.
>>
>>3487111
Poojits are the ones shooting Sony tho
>>
i paid ebay prices for a mju ii and a yashica t4
>>
I don't take photography seriously at all and don't strive to get any better. I love lomography and bought a La Sardina and a Diana F+ for that specific look and purpose
>>
>>3498003
Are you happy with your purchases ?
>>
File: DSC_1477.jpg (1.56 MB, 1843x2000)
1.56 MB
1.56 MB JPG
>>3486946

I buy way too much good gear at retail prices and don't use it enough to justify the price.

Since 2018: D850, Tamron 70-200 G2, Tamron 24-70 G2, Nikon 500mm PF, and new Tamron 35mm 1.4

I feel like I get a lot of bang for my buck on the Tamrons in terms of quality. They're solid as fuck and the name brand comparative Nikon or L-lens would be nearly double what I paid for them. But for all that combined I'm in for over $5000 easily, especially when you count other stuff like batteries, XQD cards, etc. The 500 PF is somewhat of an adult's toy and that's a different story altogether. If I wanted to really bargain budget I would have gotten the Nikon 200-500, but the tech in the new 500 PF is pretty amazing and it's very unique for what it does in the size factor, so I sprung for it.

I used to do wargaming miniatures and spent countless hours assembling, painting, and playing with tiny plastic army men - probably spent like $7000 on them overall, but that was over a course of like 10 years worth of hobby. Granted most of the photog expenses have all been up front and it costs me nothing but time to take my pics home and mess with them in Photoshop or Lightroom. Printed a small handful but there again, that cost is nothing compared to the gear. Maybe it all evens out since the glass will be useful for a long time.

Justifying the money spent on a "hobby" has always been kind of a thing, but then when I considered buying the D850, I also considered I might soon be killing myself so I wanted to at least own a decent camera once before I died. Still suicidal from time to time, but I do enjoy my D850 lmao....

Equipment MakeNIKON CORPORATION
Camera ModelNIKON D850
Camera SoftwareAdobe Lightroom CC 1.5 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/5.7
Color Filter Array Pattern808
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)500 mm
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2019:05:31 00:34:10
Exposure Time1/800 sec
F-Numberf/5.6
Exposure ProgramShutter Priority
ISO Speed Rating400
Lens Aperturef/5.6
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length500.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Gain ControlNone
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
>>3498064
>killing myself
>Still suicidal from time to time
Just make sure your family/relatives know how much your kit is worth, it will help towards funeral costs. Don't let them fork out money and them mug your gear away as an afterthought. lol.

Seriously though, I'm in a similar boat. Not suicidal but getting old. I could get knocked down by a bus at anytime. Very bad news from a doctor would make me consider taking a "long walk" rather than make a fuss.

My photo/optic gears are like pets I don't need to feed. I love them but I don't feel guilty when I upgrade. I don't exercise them as much as I should but they don't mind.

The lenses are my favorites, I often just hold them and smile, knowing that with more time and effort there are prettier models out there.

Even if I don't shoot as much as I "should" or don't have the best kit, photography gives me the motivation to carry on carrying on. Even with big bucks from the lottery I'd still be plotting and scheming for the next "thing".

You seem to find enjoyment from photography as I do. Enjoy and be happy where you find it anon. You are lucky.
>>
>>3498059
100% not worth the money but I'm glad I own the cameras now
>>
>>3498095
>funeral costs
the funeral industry is made up of vultures, get cremated and have a gathering of family/friends/any other mourners
>>
>>3498502
>get cremated
In my country this still costs a shit ton of money. The local council will pursue relatives for payment. The funeral industry prey on these fears with insurance plans for the elderly.

When my dear old Mum died luckily a friend of the family stumped up the cash until the insurance money came through months later. She was cremated in a wicker basket, there was a church service and a buffet at a local hotel (her wish). Cost over £7000 most of which was to pay for the (council run) crematorium.

If you want to be buried in the ground with a headstone double that cost at least. Once I'm gone I'm gone. Chuck me in the tip/landfill with some lime, I don't care.

The only certainties are death and taxes. Even when you're dead they still want the bill to be settled.
>>
>>3498532
>Cost over £7000 most of which was to pay for the (council run) crematorium.
>(council run) crematorium.
What in the everloving Fuck? Government run monopoly funeral services?
How's that serf life going?
>>
>>3498532
>over £7000
jesus that's fucked, i just looked it up here in canada and it can apparently start as low as $600 (although usually apparently closer to $1000-1500 all said and done).
>>
>>3498537
>How's that serf life going?
Not well

Don't get me started kek. In the UK they will keep you alive for free with the NHS then fuck you and your family over when they fail.
>>
>>3498539
I don't have the exact figures but the Funeral Directors prolly charged over the odds for a couple of big black taxi cabs...
>>
>>3498064
>>3498502
>>3498537
>>3498539
Getting back to my point, if your family can raise a few grand selling your camera gear after you death, that's a good thing.

If you have a young nephew who likes photography leave your gear to him in your will. Make the normies pay. lol. They can pray to Jeebus if they want.
>>
>>3498545

Lol I dunno who got into a funeral discussion, and I'm in the US anyways.

I have a will written out and it's all going to my brother who knows the (relative) value of all the money lenses and gear. He's used to Ebay so he knows what's up.
>>
>>3487150
>thinking GIMP is insufficient for anything other than drawing circles

Whatever anon
>>
>>3498546
Yeah, I know. My brother has some sweet guitars and amps. If he goes before me...

We've never had the conversation but it's been hinted at.
>>
File: 1FILM_155.jpg (3.89 MB, 3328x2200)
3.89 MB
3.89 MB JPG
guess the sin

Camera Softwarepaint.net 4.1.6
Horizontal Resolution2400 dpi
Vertical Resolution2400 dpi
>>
>>3498540
>free
Yeah right.
>>
>>3498571
Lomo lust.
>>
>>3498540
Sorry about your Mum BTW.
>>
>>3498545
>young nephew who likes photography leave your gear to him in your will.
If you do make it as subtle as possible. Wouldn't want the whole family to know jr has a few grand in gear.

There's always that one bitch...
>>
>>3498003
I paid $72 for an XA2 with the flash adaptor and I still feel robbed.
>>
>>3489569
Same about the social identity thing, not so much the last part. Most of the time I hang out with my friends I bring my camera and mostly take portraits of them. I hope I don't annoy them too much but they seem to like what I take.
>>
Ok, another sin: I worship /p/.
It's the only photography board I respect.
If my photos are well received here, I consider this a victory.
And I secretly wish some arrogant mediocre photographers I know had the balls to post their work here just to see their asses getting spanked by my beloved fellow /p/hotogs.
>>
I want to get into photography and have access to a really good DSLR, but I'm too afraid of breaking it
>>
>>3499629
^this
>>
>>3499629
Put on your trip fag
>>
>>3499687
>have access to a really good DSLR
So it's not yours
>too afraid of breaking it
You're a good person, most people wouldn't give a shit.
>>
>>3486946
i only take pictures to gain attention from womyn
>>
>>3489576
I have a tiny point and shoot rx100 and i always btfo weiners with lenses 4-5 times bigger than my camera
>>
>>3487005
Thats a lie.
>>3486993
:^(
>>
>>3499765
nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>3499774
i have a ton of hobbies for this reason. feels wrong to an extent. im gonna start collecting bugs or something so i have a hobby for myself
tbf tho an ideal women would think it's cool if I collected bugs
>>
>>3499776
Women can see through bullshit like a multi coated UV filter. Find something for (you). Not all females think that bugs are gross.
>>
>>3487917
>just started photography and dont know where to start
>asked photog friend and he told me to find a film camera at gumtree
>found a good deal but the seller told me to meet him at his house
>creep alert but the deal was good
>so i asked photog friend to accompany me to the seller's house
>we reached the seller's house and rang the doorbell
>a chubby bald guy opened the door and greeted us
>he looks flustered
>"how much was it, again?"
>"a-about tree fiddy" the seller stuttered
>we exchanged items and parted
>>
>>3489779
inbreed creep ahead
>>
>>3495733
>Literally the worst trait to have as a male.
So, what's the worst trait to have as a female?
>>
>>3495761
>Why does confession feels priest look like Ken Wheeler?
Because you sound like Lanier?
>I hire underage models so I can pay them less than the minimum wage.
>One time I accidentally.
>>
>>3496145
You know the world doesn't revolve around you bandwidth-lets.
>>
>>3500036
what camera u get anon
>>
>>3496145
>2019
>having so little bandwidth that you can't even load an image
kek
>>
I put a D4 strap on myD300s.
>>
>>3500232
do you also have a grip on it
>>
>>3500232
I put a D1H strap on my D810.
Sofugginnaughty
>>
I leave all my cameras and gear basically just in a pile on my desk until i grab one or two to take out with me
>>
I keep all of my gear in an old pillow case in a hole in the ground underneath my front porch.
>>
I haven't taken my cameras out of my bag in three weeks.

shooting at work tho and they got their own camera. I'm in a transit I can't get out.
>>
File: 1558421035909.jpg (19 KB, 600x339)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
my boss always uses JPEG when I ask him to shoot RAW and I also explain the benefits that come with it. All he does is increase contrast and significantly boost the saturation.

IT DRIVES ME UP THE FUCKING WALL
vroom vroom
>>
>>3486946
I KEEP BUYING PHOTOGRAPHY STUFF AND I DON'T TAKE A SINGLE PHOTO BC TOO DEPRESSED AND LIVING IN A BORING SHITHOLE
>>
>>3486946
i fuck with the settings on a daily basis
>>
>>3491467
>Here's an idea anon, why not just be a normal, pleasant human?
Because you are also an unpleasant human being and that ideal in and of itself is highly subjective. They're trying to re-mold what that is and we see it. Everyone just plays us off as being alarmist though. What happens when that same system decides what you constitute as a "pleasant human being" is incorrect one day?
>>
>>3501275
Where would that be?
>>
>>3501226
Spent some time working for a boomer who ran an eBay page and shot all the product shots in jpeg. It allowed me to appreciate jpeg. Him and I had a pretty good product shot set up, and both preferred to get things right in camera. Most of the time our editing consisted of simple highlight or shadow correction, spot healing little nicks or dust, and resizing for eBay.

I understand if you want to get the most out of your camera, it makes sense to shoot RAW. However, RAW can sometimes be the wrong tool for the job. We would have had 0 benefit from shooting RAW.

Just something to think about senpai.
>>
>>3491467
You're limiting your own capacity for thought and feeling to fit into an implicit mold. 'Pleasant' and 'normal' are both external judgments, concessions to a perceived consensus.

As a human, you have your own, inner ethical framework. The ability to tell truth from lie, right from wrong. Foregoing it for the sake of urbanity will end in disaster.
>>
>>3486946
I shoot everything wide open, so that it's easier to retouch and I don't have to worry about the background.
>>
>>3491145
if free speech means giving a venue for hate than I rather do without the freedom of speech. you may mock me for that stance but I honestly believe that if our society spent less time bickering about bullshit like abstract concepts such as "freedom of speech" we could move forward. toss the undersirables under the wheel of progress, let their blood lubricant the machine, may the snapping of their bones be heard clearly as a reminder for what happens when you speak bullshit.

cue you: but who decides what's right and wrong to say,
it isn't hard to know what inappropriate to say if you're not a fucking mongoloid.

what are your thoughts on Trump threatening the photographer that took a photo of the N Korea letter? Trump held the photo out in public view and it was photographed by a citizen on public property. Trump threatened him personally with jail time had he published that photo. was the photographer's right to free speech taken away? let me know what you think about that and describe the mental gymanstics required.
>>
>>3501553
I find this speech offensive, so called the internet police.
>>
>>3501555
they never show up in time.
>>
>>3501553
>cue you: but who decides what's right and wrong to say,
Appropriate and right are two different things. How do you not see this?
You're in favour of transfering power to the media, is it really what you're looking for?

Hate doesn't happen, it takes time and hard work to build. You're participating.

>>3501553
> was the photographer's right to free speech taken away
Yes, of course it was.
>>
>>3501588
I never said the "media" should decide what is right and wrong. that should be done by the State. I'm all for beneficial dictatorships.

as for making a distinction between "right" and "appropriate": they are one and the same, at least they should be. the appropriate thing to do should always be the right thing to do. today being "appropriate" can sometimes mean being dishonest and dishonesty is never right. therefore to use the word "appropriate" is incorrect. "deceitful" would have been a more accurate word.

you're creating problems where they don't exist. if you insist a problem does exist then the word "appropriate" is contentious and should be removed, same with free speech.
>>
>>3501598
>the appropriate thing to do should always be the right thing to do
All that is subjective. We are at a disagreement, meaning there would be others with their own opinions as well. Morality is constructed by the self and you're advocating for the destruction of said self.
>you're creating problems where they don't exist
Yeah in this world of war, terrorism, famine, etc; people saying mean things is totally a problem that you aren't trying to create...
>>
>>3501598
>beneficial dictatorships
Alright, no one should take anything you ever have to say as substantial human input
>>
>>3501598
You're just spare parts, aren't you bud?
>>
File: 20190706_192026.jpg (1.97 MB, 1436x1426)
1.97 MB
1.97 MB JPG
I feel tio shy to walk or bike around with a camera because the idea makes me nervous (and I have no idea why). My skills are plateauing because I don't shoot often, although I can usually engage with cool shit on reddit or Instagram or on /p/ every day.

Shit sucks. All of the technical components (gear, knowledge) are there so I should be able to create, but I haven't been able.

Equipment Makesamsung
Camera ModelSM-G960W
Camera SoftwareG960WVLS5CSEA
Sensing MethodNot Defined
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)26 mm
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.5
Image Width4032
Image Height1960
Image OrientationUnknown
Image Created2019:07:06 19:20:26
ISO Speed Rating50
Exposure ProgramNormal Program
Unique Image IDH12QSKF00SM H12QSKL01VA
F-Numberf/2.4
Exposure Time1/1024 sec
Focal Length4.30 mm
FlashNo Flash
Metering ModeCenter Weighted Average
Exposure Bias0 EV
Image Height1960
White BalanceAuto
Brightness8.2 EV
Image Width4032
Exposure ModeAuto
Lens Aperturef/2.4
>>
I was thinking my camera was fuck up for month because can't focus properly, all I had to do to solve the problem was calibrate the fucking viewfinder
>>
>>3490073
i know who you are
>>
File: nolight-1-9.jpg (507 KB, 1020x1350)
507 KB
507 KB JPG
I hate my photos but also feel emotionally attached to them.

I shoot film even though it makes no sense to not shoot digital because i need something to blame for my lack luster photos and the limitations of the medium fit the bill.

Ive only been shooting for 2 months and yet i cant stop comparing myself to pros. I also dont know how to improve.

Equipment MakePlustek
Camera ModelOpticFilm 8200i
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic 7.1 (Windows)
Horizontal Resolution235 dpcm
Vertical Resolution235 dpcm
Image Created2019:07:10 23:22:08

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.