[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

is this guy retarded?
>brings slugs for bears
>doesn't bring bear can
>leaves food in the open
>doesn't kill mice
>doesn't bring waterproof pants
>chud physiognomy
>>
>>2666123
I’m not sure what you think is wrong with slugs for bears? Break action single shot, yeah that is questionable. But slugs are literally the optimal shotgun load for bears. Not managing his food isn’t the smartest move that’s basically the only valid complaint you’ve got. Killing mice is a waste in this situation. You’ll never get them all so why even bother. Waterproof pants are a meme. Chud physiognomy is irrelevant seeing as he’s secured a wife and children. Anyway your thread is shit and you should feel bad.
>>
>>2666127
i was pointing out he tried to account for bears but failed at a very basic point

he tried to dry a lot on his fucking campstove
>>
>>2666131
*log
>>
>>2666131
I mentioned mice being an issue in another thread a while back and I caught a ton of shit for it, with Anons claiming it’s never a problem. It’s fucking basic bitch camping 101.
>>
>>2666136
No, you're a retarded psycho if you kill mice while /out/
>>
>>2666127
All good points except that stupid comment about waterproof pants. Get caught in a shitty rainstorm in a pair of jeans and then tell me waterproof is a meme.
>inb4 waterproof =/= water resistant
you know exactly what I meant.

Its so obvious who on this board doesnt have jack shit for experience
>>
>>2666136
it's insane it's like this guy is sucking each dick of his defenders, mice are a serious sepsis hazard plus a bunch of other things
>>
>>2666139
wind pants > rain pants
if you’re out in jeans you get what you deserve. if you’re wearing situation appropriate hiking bottoms getting rained on is a non issue. the only purpose of rain pants is to prevent hypothermia, for a majority of the year they are useless. I’ll take a pair of breathable wind pants to stay warm in inclement weather over a pair of rain pants any day of the week.
>>
>>2666140
the only real issue mice pose is shitting in your cook set and chewing your gear. with proper management of supplies mice are a non issue.
>>
>>2666138
Nah, the discussion was about keeping mice out of your food. That is, you need to take minimum precautions even when bears aren’t a threat. I was told that’s wrong, I don’t know what I’m talking about, and that I should cope, seethe, and dilate.
>>
>>2666143
once those wind pants are wet it's over
even if you're only /out/ for two days and the temp is sub 50 you could die from hypothermia. and it's not like you can't get waterproof overlays too, warm pants underneath and put on the waterproofs when needed
>>
>>2666131
he's a very weird youtuber. His shit is definitely entertaining but I would NEVER EVER recommend his videos to someone actually trying to get into that type of hobby. Except for his equipment he clearly spends a shitton of money on gear that he doesn't seem to know how to use very well and many times just flat out brings improper gear.

He's better at making content and appealing to the algorithm than actually being and outdoorsman. That and his little snow shelters which has to be probably the stupidest fucking thing I've ever seen. And he still needs to bring his $20 MRE from Walmart and shitty inflatable pad and cheap sleeping bag. The only reason I watch his stuff is because I'm always interested in seeing what that snaggletoothed freak is up to.
>>
>>2666156
mr beast goes /out/
>>
>>2666143
I'd just recommend something that works with both. I have a pair of soft shells from HH that I use all year around and they're perfect for my climate (Appalachia)
>>
>>2666162
they have equally punchable faces too
>>
>>2666156
You sound jealous of him
>>
>>2666165
stop licking the foreskin of the weird algorithm jacker
>>
>>2666168
Why are you thinking about his penis? Get your head out of the gutter, coomer. He's a married man.
>>
>>2666139
Yeah you're right, it's obvious you have no experience. Go larp somewhere else faggot.
>>
>>2666156
>Except for his equipment he clearly spends a shitton of money on gear that he doesn't seem to know how to use very well and many times just flat out brings improper gear.
He has almost 5 million subscribers, I guarantee sponsors just randomly send him expensive shit hoping he uses it on the channel. My cousin has a fishing channel and it's not near as big but he still gets thousands of dollars of random fishing shit in the mail that he just relists on ebay.
>>
>>2666165
of course I'm jealous of him. I got injured at work and now its hard as fuck for me to do anything other than a day trip or a short hike. It hurts enough just to work but I do anyway because fuck disability. That lucky bastard literally gets paid to do what I did for fun for 25+ years...and he sucks at it.
>>
>>2666165
Yup he is totally jealous, he should go out instead of watching YouTube go out
>>
>>2666123
anyone who uses the term chud is automatically a retarded faggot and should be mocked in lieu of getting their faggot skull cracked
>>
Bears are a meme i have never once in my outdoors life been killed by a bear
Might as well save the weight of both gun and can
Bring a widdle babby pacifier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJvtZOT06BA
>>
>>2666244
>bears are a meme
Yes and no. I used to see bears all the time when /out/ and usually they keep their distance or ignore you entirely. But if they're hungry and you're an easy target you're likely fucked, bear spray or not.

Basically it all depends on the time of year, where you are, and how many people are with you.
>I get the feeling you're shitposting so the only reason I'm responding to your post is on the off-chance someone is actually coming to /out/ for useful information
>>
File: raw cum.jpg (84 KB, 904x864)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
>muh mice
>muh bears
>>
Some questionable decision making but overall bretty good. Half the time he’s out for views so i cut him some slack when it’s not serious. Setting his shelter on fire was hilarious.
>>
>>2666123
I've seen him do some stupid shit. stupid as in pointless.

his aim was to get off this train in the middle of the woods and hike over some ridge or some shit. he couldn't get over the ridge so he just back tracks and hikes along the tracks for a day.

it was the dumbest excursion I've ever seen.
>>
>>2666123
He didn't need a bear can if he had slugs
>"yeah, a bear can"
>"a bear can suck on DEEZ NUTS"
>wildly shoots into the trees, killing several squirrels and one lone hiker
>>
>>2666146
Do you actually think you can keep mice out of your food by killing them instead of securing your food? Do you know how many mice there are and that they're all nocturnal? You are so stupid.
>>
>>2666143
I've worn REI hiking pants in a rainstorm before, and granted they do dry [relatively] quickly but it's fucking miserable until they do. Would recommend just wearing some waterproofs.
>>
File: stone.png (4.57 MB, 3251x1925)
4.57 MB
4.57 MB PNG
>>2666123
>attempting to kill a bird with a stone
>posting that on youtube
what did he mean by this?
>>
I think this retard is going to die one day sleeping in one of his stupid snow shelters that has 12 feet of snow over his head
>>
>>2668235
Anon, the thread was about storing your food, either by hanging it or by using an animal-proof container. The majority of posts all agreed that this is unnecessary and that mice (and other small animals and insects) are never a problem. It had nothing to do with killing mice, nor did I imply that killing mice is an option.
>>
>>2666138
I stamp on every mouse I see whilst out, Filthy animal. Keep seething basedboy.
>>
>>2666123
>is this guy retarded?
Yes. He heads out into blizzards and leaves his gear lying around all night so it can buried in the snow. I suspect he either has a death wish more more likely his really close to his car.
>>
>>2669798
He admitted he takes a crap ton of precautions not to die, he has a satelital phone with a GPS and other crap to make sure he will make it back home safely.
>>
>>2669790
>basedboy
Not only a newfag but using outdated internet slag from like 8 years ago. Holy shit, Anon.
>>
>>2666123
freak mormon weirdo who leaves all his comments disabled
>>
>>2666123
>>chud physiognomy
Seethe more. He is married and has offspring. More than can be said for 99% of this board.
>>
>>2669844
yt does that since his kids are in some of his vids, pedos spoil everything

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.