[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 363781981.jpg (2 KB, 125x96)
2 KB
2 KB JPG
Can any bowhunter for the love of God PLEASE explain what in the hell the "4 lb" or "2 lb" listed on fucking ARROWHEADS means?
>>
>>2466317
4 pound head?
>>
>>2466949
No way.
>>
>>2466317
It's number of blades.
>>
>>2466317
I'm not sure but I know a bit about arrows and broadheads and stuff.

Generally they make between 100 and 300 grain broadheads. You only want to go north of 100 if you have a heavy draw. Like >50lb draw.

I listened to one of the meateater's podcasts where they got super nerdy into arrows. Generally speaking, between the time you release the arrow and the arrow hits the animal, the animal is going to move, so no matter what you shoot. Its probably going to be a good idea to have a heavy arrow as it will exert more force.

So think of it this way, you have 2 arrows. 1 is 6 grain and one is 8 grain. You are better off using the 8 grain since within 50 yards, you probably won't see the arrow dip (think bullet drop) before it hits a deer or coyote or whatever you're shooting. Its basically a little bit more weight and force kind of like if a truck hit you going 50mph instead of 40mph and can help do more damage to the animal, hence giving it a quicker and cleaner death, which is what we all want.
>>
>>2467094
>1 is 6 grain and one is 8 grain
If your arrow was that light it would shatter the second you released it and your bow probably would too.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.