[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 28 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

File: handjob.jpg (727 KB, 1944x2592)
727 KB
727 KB JPG
What was the dumbest thing you did or the worst series of decisions you made while /out/? Any cool scars?

Recent one:
>be me, exactly 12 hours ago
>hot tenting in the mountains
>alone
>with an ax
>during a thunderstorm
>drop acid
>wherewillyoubewhentheacidhits.wav
>story ends as expected
>unable to process pain, but the red juice coming from my hand and visible bone tells me that this has escaped my wherewithal to deal with by myself.
>pull up all my shit in a bundle, haul ass off the mountain to car
>pile shit into car, drive 13 miles to nearest store with a landline
>fog rolls in: suddenly ghosts
>walk into local dollar store with a bleeding axe wound
>chuck car keys into woods
>won't go further, can't go back
>"please direct the nearest emergency services in my general direction for I have taken leave of myself"
>state police ask how I got there without driving: "Iunno"
>wind up in a hospital 30 miles away
>thisiswherethefunbegins.jpg
>Relive the entire life's story of the old lady dying in the bed next to me
>Only six stitches, two hairs' breadth from cutting into ligament. No serious damage.
>peep on over to the next bed:
>nobody there.
>there was never anybody there
>fuckin ghosts
>cool off in a local 2-star motel overnight. Hitchhike back in the morning
>lady who was working the register over 12 hours ago is still there
>yells at me for throwing away my trash.
>next time I'm gonna get blood on her floor.

picrel
>>
Don’t do drugs
>>
I hate druggie faggots.
>>
I love druggie faggots.
>>
File: thumb-460226.png (34 KB, 350x474)
34 KB
34 KB PNG
>>2465558
Any of you get high on muscaroid mushrooms?
>>
>>2465558
I had to walk home after a work party and got really thirsty and drank all the milk out of a sheep. I woke up and was suddenly really worried for the lambs and thought I'd have to tell the farmer or her lamb would die but I asked around and they said it should be fine. Glad I didn't show up with my cap in my hands and talk to the farmer looking back.
>>
>>2465598
my fucking sides, this is why I still come here
>>
>>2465558
>dumbest thing you did?
Took a woman with me.

A near-tragic thing was the time I met a stranger (male) on MeetUp for an overnight hike.
>early 30’s (same as me at the time)
>skinny fat
>definitely over burdened/over packed, even for just one night
>only planned on about 6 miles
>slightly warm, but certainly not hot
>dude gets heat exhaustion
>starts vomiting after we’d set up camp
>have him lie down in a shallow stream
>have to watch that he doesn’t pass out
>feels better
>goes to his tent and goes to sleep
It was seriously scary, and I think the closest I’d ever come to someone dying on a hike. The dude looked like absolute shit when we were setting up, totally drained, like someone who’s stuck in bed with the flu.
>>
>>2465595
Aren't those pretty poisonous?
>>
>>2465632
Not enough to kill you apparently. No one has ever died from amanita muscaria or pantherina. They can give you psychosis though.
>>
>>2465558
couldn't you do the axe business before you took acid?
>>
>>2465558
Really dumb but impressive you managed to drive and get help. Didn't you have a phone with you? Can't imagine you forget how to call but you know others can call and also you can drive..
>>
>>2465598
Hahaha my dude
>>
>>2465558
The interior team at the park I used to work for had a guy lie on his resume to get on the team, he basically claimed he was a really high level orca card holder and all this shit but he was actually a massive dumbass, he ended up flipping the canoe with all their food in it and their GPS units, so not only did they lose 3,000$ worth of gear, but they had to call a 7 day trip short because of him, the interior team head threw the biggest shit fit Ive ever seen because it was the most rookie move, he tried to stand up in the canoe to walk over and grab food from the barrel and toppled the canoe
>>
I went camping on an island with some friends, ended up mixing acid and mushrooms
>Drugs kick in quick
>go barefoot rest of day
>lacerate big toe on razor sharp rocks by shore
>lacerate left foot on broken glass
>use Kbar to open chef boyardee can by making small stabs
>it opens and I didnt stab myself
>lacerate thumb on can
>all my appendages are being held together with bandaids and duct tape
>Why am I not coming down
> everyone is able to fall asleep
>Sun starts to come up
>I think I'll go home now
>Start to Kayak back to car
>Oh yeah the ocean goes up and down with tides
>drag kayak half a mile through muck swamp full of seashells
>still barefoot
>drive home is an hour, still tripping
>Wake up roommate to tell him my tale
>he has a girl over in his bed who probably thought i was a homeless bum who wandered into the house
>get in bathtub
>water turns brown
>>
>>2465598
Kek you demon
>>
>>2465766
that could have turned out so much worse.
>>
>>2465766
fuck me why can't I lie so blatantly on resumes, I never get hired
>>
>>2465766
Professionals
Not using canoe barrels
Riiiiight
>>
>>2466062
They had canoe barrels, he had opened the food barrel to get food out of it, and when the canoe flipped, the food barrel flooded with all their food in it. I think you're either brain dead, gay or just downright stupid
>>
>>2465724
If you're on drugs you have pretty much thrown logic out the window. I had an ax and a lot of wood, so I did the math, and it added up to chopping a lot of wood.

>>2465758
No cell service in the mountains, and I imagined that if a local saw a drugged-out lunatic dressed in camo and covered in blood and dirt knocking on their door after, they might be hesitant to help.
>>
>>2465558
>>2465772
you guys are really making me question my plan to bikepack out to some woods to camp and do drugs
im definetly not doing it alone tho
>>
>>2466070
Food barrel open yet they lost 3k worth of gear, try thinking your story through next time
>>
>>2465558
Not sure what's worse situation since I'm still alive, but here goes...
1. It was a severe draught in northern africa and I was biking in Algeria packed with water to last for my route. People were in the process of dying and water transports were guarded with AK47s. Things was very desperate and in one occasion I was close to getting stabbed.
2. Biking in south spain and got caught in a heat wave, got heat stroke and turned delirious. Some spaniards found me and got me to a hospital. Close to death.
3. Mountaineering alone and slipped on the way down. Smashed my knee but managed to jump on one leg back to nearest town. Could have smashed my head.
>>
Decided to climb a mountain covered in snow and ice while wearing summer running shoes with tread worn smooth and without any crampons, hiking poles, or an ice ax. In retrospect I don't know why I decided it was a good idea. But it went surprisingly smoothly right up until I slipped and caught my full weight on one hand, causing my wrist to make a disconcerting POP noise. So I had to carefully slide down the rest of the way with one hand. It hurt like heck and bruised my whole forearm but somehow I avoided any long term damage. Beginners luck I guess?
>>2467574
>I was biking in Algeria
Any interesting stories from your trip? I've always been fascinated by the idea of biking in the Sahara
>>
>>2467180

Ahh you'll be fine, ǵ̵̗ő̷̼ ̵͈͝ą̵̐l̶̡̏ỏ̴̦ṉ̴̈e̵̖̒, I wouldn't worry about it.
>>
>>2465558
> Be me, 21 years old with no knowledge of high mountain, skiing or ice climbing.
> Hike up a mountain in Switzerland in summer.
> Big glacier on top, sees a man on the glacier, getting close to the top. The man was, as you know, adequately geared.
> I was not adequately geared, only hiking shoes.
> Decides to go to the top like said guy because it looks cool and I'm fit.
> Walkupwards.jpg
> Close to the top I look back because it's getting hard and steep. Put my foot in the air, drop it, start sliding on the side of the glacier, unable to stop.
> Realise the cracks near me could be deep holes, I slide and STILL CANNOT STOP!
> Fuck me.
> Manage, by sheer luck, to get out of the glacier.
> Realise how dumb and lucky I was. Decide to always get to know the place I will be moving in before I move in from now on.
No scar but I was lucky.
>>
>>2465621
At least he's listened. Every time I've had a dude get close to heatstroke, getting dizzy and slurring his words, being generally unreasonable, they always insist that they're fine and don't want to let you help them. I'm like faggot I'm not carrying you back down the mountain, so you best listen or I'll leave you here and call the cops to find you when I get home.

of course, I probably would carry them down the mountain, but they don't need to know that.
>>
I brought non-hiking friends on a long hike. I've never seen so many minor things go so incredibly wrong, but I should've known we were set for fail when one of the fags had packed a massive bluetoothspeaker, and not even a pocketknife.
>>
I ate a big greasy local dish the night before a two week hike I organized for 4 other people. Couldn't sleep because too hot. The two next days I had an indigestion and lost 4kgs while forcing my self to continue hiking.
Luckily friends offered their help to carry my shit.
>>
>>2468537
>Luckily friends offered their help to carry my shit.
oh boy imagine the smell
>>
>>2465558
the other day i found a piece of driftwood that had a really sharp point on the end so i wanted to make it a bit more blunt so i tried to break a piece of the tip off but it snapped into my hand and cut a 2cm gouge into the middle of my palm on my fapping hand feelsbadman

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.