[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 33 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

File: 1659441219932034.gif (1.29 MB, 498x280)
1.29 MB
1.29 MB GIF
>finally get life together
>get decent paychecks now
>can finally afford a piece of land to plop down a cruddy little house on
>price per acre has went up 10x since six months ago
>can't afford a plot of land until next year
>assuming it doesn't go up another 10x
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
>>
>>2434028
>be you
>be poor
>decide to not be poor
>work had and make lots of money
>save and make good financial choices
>still poor somehow

yeah its a great life
>>
Stack paper and keep hustling until the time is right. And there are plenty of houses and patches of land out there that are still reasonably priced. My gf runs one of those house accounts on Instagram and people snatch those things up real quick. They may not be in the area you're looking for but they're out there.
>>
>>2434034
>>2434035
I think I've decided. I'm moving back in with my family to save rent money and get a place faster.
>>
>>2434165
Based basement camper, forever NEET anon. One of us! One of us!
>>
>>2434168
Short-term: hovel with family
Long-term: multi-generational homestead with variegated crops and livestock
>>
>>2434028
Just go find a gigantic forest property online that noone could reasonably afford, so you know it's gonna stay on the market, go deep into tree cover and then build a small cabin.

Boom now it's free.
>>
>>2434172
Lol good luck
>>
>>2434028
The market will crash soon. I went fishing on the lake today and every tenth house was for sale. Interest rates are high and so is inflation, so typical buyers (boomers) are going to priced out. If you're a cash buyer you can negotiate hard, keep your eyes on the market and you can probably find something nice by december.
>>
File: 1657662311184.jpg (86 KB, 434x438)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
>>2434034
If only there was a solution...
>>
>>2434442
Fuck you nigger, what are you doing with all your time and money? At least this guy is actually going to save money and work towards something realistic.
>>
File: 1659720562066348.jpg (91 KB, 800x1005)
91 KB
91 KB JPG
>>2434490
>>
How are you looking for land? Specific website? local real estate agent?

I'm just reaching the point where I'll have enough to start the looking process
>>
>>2434539
Mostly looking online but I've about decided to start trying to seed it in people to start asking around. Giving my number out to people etc etc. Probably the best way to do it even if it's annoying. My family owns some land but refuse to pass it down to anybody. I guess they want the government to snap it up when they pass away.
>>
>>2434541
> My family owns some land but refuse to pass it down to anybody
Wat? What are they doing with it?
>>
>>2434547
nothing, naturally. I've had my eyes on it since high school and they refuse to even entertain the idea of putting a house or anything else on it.
>>
>>2434497
Lol K
>>
>>2434541
>refuse to pass down their land
Have they explicitly told you they want to keep it to themselves forever? Why are boomer such scum when it comes to passing down property, especially land?
>>
>>2434621
Yes. Boomers didn't know how to pass down their culture, skills, interests, knowledge, or family heirlooms. They grew up believing that everything would always be as frivolously easy as when they were growing up.
>>
>>2434034
Baby fingers wrote this
>>
>>2434537
?
Reform and legislation
>>
>>2434891
Does the ? Stand for violent?
>>
>>2434891
>"reform and legislation" he typed out, sweating profusely, fearing his fbi agent might have caught onto his tricks.
>>
>>2434028
Have you tried not being a poorfag?
>>
>>2434900
No the ? is me questioning his post because I don't understand it
>>2434901
>implying the fbi would care about me encouraging legal reform and legislation when you have redditors calling for actual violence 24/7 on r/antiwork and so on all the time
>>
>>2434905
That's me trying
>>
>>2434908
Oh, well let me explain his post. He means violence, which I do not personally advocate. In minecraft.
>>
>>2435046
who are you referring to? i'm the OP of that michael scott post

there is absolutely 0 indication of violence in my post
>>
>>2434028
Just don't buy rn, wait a few years
Trust me
>>
>>2435238
bro... I'm fo sho buying weimar land prices...
>>
>>2435063
yes. me too
>>
>>2434028
It did NOT go up 10x in the last 6 months, /pol/tard.
>>
>>2434028
housing crash 2 more weeks
>>
>>2434803
giant noses typed this
>>
>>2434497
>multi generational homestead
>realistic
your dipshit kids/grandkids will sell it assoon as you croak. this shit never fucking works. and if you try to teach your kids to value it they'll resent you.
its not the 20th or 19th century anymore. we lost.
>>
>>2436345
so much this.. I think you have to reverse psychologize your kids if you want to have any hope. Have a homestead but don't even let them take part it in unless they beg and earn it. Don't impose anything on your kids. Also, be a badass and not a fat boomer.
>>
Im not even sure i want to own land anymore
owning land and having money has lost all meaning to me.
Its all just silly at this point
i cant get interested in making money beyond the minimum to sustainin my life.
>>
>>2434028
step one: go to google and type in "cheap land for sale"
step two: find cheap land
>>
>>2436356
if i cant have 10 acres within an hour drive of a major city and 30 minutes from scenic mountains then I might as well kill myself.
>>
>>2436357
might as well just do it then so the rest of us have less competition
>>
>>2436360
seriously though here is one in colorado. 10 acres is obviously going to cost quite a lot more than a .25 acre in the desert
https://www.landwatch.com/park-county-colorado-recreational-property-for-sale/pid/414418754
>>
>>2436362
That's incredibly reasonably priced
>>
>>2436468
almost makes me wonder if theres something wrong with it.
>>
File: 1657245770814.gif (1.36 MB, 444x444)
1.36 MB
1.36 MB GIF
>>2436470
You mean like the fact there are absolutely no trees on it?
>>
>>2436470
thats why you go out there and check it out.
>>2436473
true, but that can be remedied by the planting of trees and other plants. you won't live to see the trees grow massive, but your posterity will
>>
>>2436477
Unless you leave the land to a multi-generational family that you know will take care of it, those trees will get bulldozed five minutes after you die to make room for combloc housing and starfucks.
>>
>>2436478
maybe in a shitty burb. this appears to be out in the middle of nowhere. why would a Starbucks be in a field
>>
>>2436362
>>2436468
literally says recreational land in the link.. if it's zoned recreational you can't do shit except camp and hunt on it
>>
>>2436512
Californians have no limits. They want to ruin the whole country.
>>
>>2434028
this shit moves in cycles, it'll drop (at least a bit)

just buy when it's on the cheaper side again and GL riding it out until then
>>
>>2436638
>blaming californians for the actions of chinese developers.
what does this even accomplish?
>>
>>2436345
>>2436346
Kikes.
>>
>>2436478
If you live in bat territory you can build bat boxes and nobody can legally take them down even if a corpo bought the property because they're a federally protected species. Same applies to any endangered species.
>>
>>2438044
>If you live in bat territory
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9spwDEcz5I
>>
>>2437786
It's a two part menace. The chinks may be taking over housing, but it's because the Californians happily move into them. Nature gets a little smaller every day, and soon nothing will be left.
>>
>>2438109
So when exactly is California falling into the ocean again?
>>
>>2436620
build a "recreational cabin" (for the books) and stay there. what are they going to do? monitor how much time you spend on your own land, and then arrest you for being there one too many days?
>>
>>2438092
>excuse me mr. ventura, i have to rest.
>of course you do
lmao what a sly dig
>>
>>2434028
Im probably going to get shit on for this because /out/ is full of libertarian off-grid schizos, but you should invest that money instead of saving it. And no, gold and silver are not investments, they are stores of wealth whose price is heavily manipulated by institutions like JP Morgan. Inflation is designed to put you on an inescapable wealth treadmill on purpose. Its bad for the system if its possible for you to save your way out of it, they have made is so the only way to achieve the goal of financial freedom is to take on some risk and hope it pays off. Historically, Bitcoin has been the best performing investment asset over the entirety of its existence. Its considered a safe, but underwhelming bet in the crypto world. Now is a good time to buy from a technical analysis standpoint. If you want to take on a little more risk for an opportunity to make some real money, throw a shitload of capital at ChainLink (ticker: LINK). I want you to make it anon. Do some research on what I’ve said here. Dont blindly listen to me, or anyone who will inevitably reply to this post saying crypto is a scam or whatever. Do your own research and draw your own conclusions, I promise you it will be worth your time.
>>
>>2434028
I want to buy a good and large enough land plot in Idaho but even with a good bachelor I‘m already price out due work locations and the nature of my job. Maybe if I save a lot and my investment plays out, I can get a big land plot in states like Arkansas but that doesn’t even matter because work proximity kills it.

But its worst in Europe, you pay more than half a million for 1 acres and some average home.
>>2438879
> And no, gold and silver are not investments, they are stores of wealth whose price is heavily manipulated
>but buy Crypto!
Lol I‘m not some gold or silver boomer but Crypto is extremely manipulated more than anything else. Especially in the last two years with people like Musk. And Link getting dumb by Sergey every few weeks to pay his expensive HR staff, not to mention it already did his run from a few cent to $50. I have crypto but what you talking is just schizo shit, good advice to end up killing yourself in 5 years.
>>
>>2438879
Holy fucking bagholder.
>Buy shitcoins anon, I need to pump mine so I can live the dream you're trying to live.
>>
>>2438879
>dont own things never spend money just continuously build it with no goal in mind
awesome
>>
>>2439108
Theres a goal in mind. In OPs case that goal is a plot of land. He just has to outrun inflation for a while to attain it. Pay no mind to the trolls shitting on my advice. Do your own research, and make your own decisions. I am just trying to help.
>>
>>2438997
ChainLink has $500m 24 hour volume. Everyone in this thread could dump all their money in and the price likely wouldn’t move a cent.
>>
>>2438879
I actually do invest in crypto, I own some BTC and something called Tangle (dev is based but it's a tiny coin, I've made my money and more back, though) but I'm def gonna buy more btc soon.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.