[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 29 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

I'm tired of having to pretend like I should be happy about this conservation "success." Soon there won't be anywhere in the US you can camp without having to worry about these overgrown raccoons. We're the apex predators. We shouldn't have to scour our cars for every Oreo crumb to keep them from being totaled by a fatass animal that does literally nothing but get into trash and shit in the woods. We shouldn't have to buy expensive equipment or alter our habits simply to accommodate a single species that we've deigned, for some reason, to let live. Wolves are way fucking cooler than bears, and I don't see many normies crying about their extirpation. And wolves won't break into your car or your house.

Anyone else sick of these woodrats? I hate being told I have to tolerate them despite the crimes they commit, simply because white women think they look cuddly.
>>
>>2433833
>simply because white women think they look cuddly.
are there any stories of white women having sex with bears?
>>
File: da_bears.gif (2.92 MB, 900x720)
2.92 MB
2.92 MB GIF
>>2433833
How did this become about hating women? You're fucked in the head. Just deal with it.
>>
>>2433836
women would support mass human sacrifice if celebrities told them to
>>
File: v10n8dwl2yj21.jpg (65 KB, 640x653)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>2433848
They do. What is Planned Parenthood? Why is its headquarters styled like this?
>>
>>2433836
Guess who also supports the pitbull population? Face it, women do be goofy.
>>
>"GRIZZLIES could be here" he thought, "I've never been in this forest before. There could be GRIZZLIES anywhere." The musky breeze felt good against his nostrils. "I HATE GRIZZLIES" he thought. The drumming of a pileated woodpecker reverberated his entire tent, making it pulsate even as the $9 peanut butter circulated through his powerful thick veins and washed away his (merited) fear of large predators after dark. "With a tent, you can camp anywhere you want" he said to himself, out loud.
>>
>>2433833
>herr derr kill the animals i don't like
nigger I don't like you, you should kill yourself before I get to ya
>>
>>2433898
sauce?
>>
>>2433835
some canadian won multiple awards for writing a book about some broad who fucks a bear. its actually part of thier official great books of canada collection or some shit.
>>
>>2433968
i dont even know how to make fun of that, because its something i'd write as a joke anyway.
>>
File: 7WTInRF.png (358 KB, 466x595)
358 KB
358 KB PNG
>>2433979
its an actual 'serious' book
found it
>>
>>2433982
typical
>>
>>2433983
kek
>>
File: 1659272744074.jpg (260 KB, 1500x844)
260 KB
260 KB JPG
>>2433982
>>
>>2433833
yeah they suck, i have to hoard my garbage in my house since theyll massacre my bins if I put it out before collection day
always in my fruit trees eating the best apples, breaking limbs with their fat asses
and the worst? they always drop a huge fat bear turd right in the front yard, like a victory trophy
fuck bears
>>
>>2433833
Problem is bears figured out how cucked humans got and stopped fearing them.

Bears know Karen will call cops on you if you send a .44slug their way like your ancestors did.

Bears know the cops will take you away because Karen's are majority voting block.

Bears know you relinquished your power in pursuit of conformity.

Bears laugh at you, eat your lunch and fuck your wife.

They know you are weak.
>>
>>2433982
bwahahahahaha ... holy shit canada
>>
>>2433982
>women
>>
>>2434050
>Animals think... they're pretty smart
>Shit on the ground... see in the dark
>>
>>2434355
>They're gonna laugh at you
>>
>>2433833
Never seen a bear as I don’t live in a country with them. However always hated bears. It seems like bears enjoy mauling and killing for the fun of it, they’re like overgrown pit bulls.
>>
>>2434027
Imagine being so cucked you’re not allowed to just shoot them. It’s Ike cairns with crocodiles, since you’re not allowed to shoot them now, they’re become brazen and wander onto the beach in town. They used to stay away (otherwise get shot). You’re like programming the bears telling them you’re prey.
>>
>>2434359
Bear attacks are extremely rare. You're far more likely to get killed driving to your /out/ location than killed by a bear.
>>
>>2434367
Bias. That’s because far more people drive vs people that see a bear in the wild. You’re more likely to get killed on the road in an accident then drown if you jump off a yacht in the ocean too. Most people don’t jump off yachts in the ocean everyday, but everyone drives everyday.
>>
>>2433833
>live in a country where food just freely wanders into your camp if you don’t take extraordinary steps to prevent it like smell etc
>complain about it
Holy fuck it’s like a cycle of free food. Shoot/trap the bear, butcher and eat it and leave some cooked bear meat for the next bear to come along. It’s like unlimited free food.
>>
>>2434371
Out of the hundreds of thousands of people who have gone camping and hiking in North America in the past 365 days, only two have been killed by a bear. Now, how many were killed in car crashes on the way to/from their spot? I don't know, but probably more than two. The risk is negligible.
>>
>>2434375
>2 in hundreds of thousands who hangs gone camping
Source? Also it would be, how many of those who have gone camping have seen a bear, not just been camping? There’s no chance to be killed by a bear if there is no encounter etc. Just like there’s no chance to be killed on the highway going to work If you live and work on a farm.

>42000 approx road fatalities
>130 million people who drive to work
>not counting every vehicle on the road

At a rough calculation that’s 0.000123% chance to be killed on the road, assuming 130 million commuters 5 days a week. This doesn’t account for all vehicles on the road which will substantially lower this figure.

2 deaths in say 250,000 campers due to bears? 0.0008%. And majority of those campers didn’t see a bear. Let’s assume 1 in 10 saw a bear or had a bear visitor (it’ll be much less than this in reality) which would raise the risk to 0.008%.

If you actually encounter a bear - then you are more likely to die by bear then die on the road.
>>
>>2434382
>Source?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fatal_bear_attacks_in_North_America#2020s

>There’s no chance to be killed by a bear if there is no encounter etc. Just like there’s no chance to be killed on the highway going to work If you live and work on a farm.
This is a very flawed way of looking at it. Bears will usually hear or smell you coming and run away long before you see them. They're still there in the forest with you, aware of your presence, and could easily attack you if they wanted to.
>>
>>2434382
>250,000 campers
>According to the source, nearly 57 million households in North America went camping in 2021. This denoted an increase of almost nine million from the previous year. A large portion of these households went camping more than three times in a year with approximately 25.9 million households reporting as such. By contrast, around 14.8 million camped only once in that year.
If you're going to be an autist you might want to consider not pulling random numbers out of your ass.
>>
>>2434383
It’s not. It’s the correct way to look at it. Because the question isn’t “how dangerous is it to go camping?” but how aggressive bears are - which means you only count actual encounters with bears, and not people who go camping and never encounter one.

Take your 2 or so deaths, divide by the number of people that encountered a bear in the wild in a year and multiply by 100 - it will be substantially higher than the chance of a road fatality.

This also doesn’t even consider non lethal bear attacks, people who were chased and got away, people who used bear spray, or those who may have encountered an aggressive bear but never left their car etc.
>>
>>2434386
See
>>2434375
>Out of the hundreds of thousands of people who have gone camping and hiking in North America in the past 365 days
It’s other anon saying it’s hundreds of thousands.
>>
>>2434388
> Because the question isn’t “how dangerous is it to go camping?” but how aggressive bears are
The question is how likely is it that you're going to be killed by a bear when you go camping. And the answer is that the probability is too low to worry about; you have a far higher probability of being killed by many other other things that you probably haven't even considered. Your transparent attempt to obfuscate this simple question in an attempt to defend your objectively false original stance insults the intelligence of everyone reading this.
>>
>>2434389
Your calculation was premised on an incorrect figure and is therefore irrelevant. Why don't you correct it using a more accurate figure?
>>
>>2433982
Wow. Glad I'm short Canada.
>>
>>2434391
Nah, how likely you are to be killed by a bear in an encounter is a much better metric, because you can treat the problem quite easily, whereas car fatalities cannot be prevented easily.
>>
>>2434391
No it isn’t. That is not the question, that is a straw man. See
>>2434367
There won’t be near attacks when there are no bear encounters. No bear encounter = no attack. This is about bears, not about perceived danger of camping, therefore we want to know how dangerous or aggressive bears are, therefore it is the ratio bear encounters vs bear attacks

>muh road fatalities
Is whataboutism, and the ridiculous thing it’s basically guaranteed to be a lower rate than bear attacks vs bear encounters.

>oh I’m unlikely to be injured by a bear so if I see one I can just sit here and watch it since it is statistically unlikely when divided across the entire population who’ve never even had an encounter before

None of these stats mention bear encounters from what I can see.
>>
>>2433833
I like bears. Just be bear safe, bro
>>
i like bears. they are fun
>>
>>2434423
The amount of mental gymnastics to avoid admitting you're wrong is astounding. Just don't go outside faggot. Problem solved.
>>
>>2434011
you think he uses a booster seat and blocks on the pedals to drive?
>>
>>2434423
>whataboutism
unironically kys
im serious
suck start a fucking shotgun you fucking mental midget
>>
>>2434573
he probably uses the severed heads of azov members as a booster seat
>>
>>2434579
based
>>
>>2433898
This is good
>>
>>2433898
kek
>>
>>2434391
>the probability is too low to worry about
This stands by itself. I'm not going to let a small chance of danger stop me from doing something I enjoy. Plus, the chance of getting killed by a bear isn't the same for all campers. Most people who get killed by bears were probably doing something stupid.

>you have a far higher probability of being killed by many other other things
This may be true, but it doesn't matter.
>>
>>2433982
>"I love you. Pull my head off."
>The bear did not,
Is this some weird fucking Canadian innuendo or what? Or am I supposed to take that literally?
>>
bump
>>
>>2434485
>>2434481
Clawed paws types these posts
>>
File: grizzlies.png (1.15 MB, 1080x1427)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB PNG
>>2433904
Allow me
>>
>>2433848
Thats pretty much exactly what abortion is anon. Considering the occult implications of killing babies and also just the material gain from it (they sell a lot baby organs).
>>
>>2433904
Leave new fag
>>
>>2433899
Based
>>
File: OriginalBear.jpg (38 KB, 301x500)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>2433982
Fucking hell.

>Her relationship with the bear becomes sexual, as well as spiritual. She also enters into a sporadic sexual relationship with the estate's caretaker, Homer Campbell.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bear_%28novel%29#%3A%7E%3Atext%3DBear_is_a_novel_by%2Csexual_relationship_with_a_bear.?wprov=sfla1
>>
>doesn't buy bear spray
>doesn't properly store his food
>doesn't have friends to hike with
>can't be assed to sing funny songs while hiking
Typical /out/ indoorsman.
>>
Your classic right wing response to anything in nature : destroy it !
>>
>>2440650
I wonder if she marries the bear and they go on a honeymoon
>>
>>2435860
I've got so much time fer that, eh.
>>
>>2440657
>>doesn't properly store his food
seems annoying
what if it's raining a little bit and i want to sit up in the middle of the night in the tent and eat
>>
>>2440840
Eat more at dinner. I've never felt the need to snack at night.
>>
>>2433833
Dinosaurs went extinct, why can't bears go extinct too in the wild? They are dangerous, we don't need bears to keep deers in check because WE have guns and hunters can keep deers population in check but won't be eating campers alive. Set up some gated conservation areas and let bears go extinct outside of that.

Will spraying bear spray on my clothes keep bears from even approaching me?
>>
>>2433836
I'm a woman and I support the extinction of pit bulls, bed bugs, and bears in the wild. Pit Bulls are unnatural and beasts of destruction. Bed Bugs are environmentally destructive as they are the reason people don't reuse furniture as much anymore. Bears do belong in the wild but unless it's Siberia, I think we can confine them to a few preserves and leave the rest for us. Animals eat each other to extinction all the time, we are also animals and have as much right to nature as other animals and I won't be made to feel guilty for existing.
>>
>>2433863
I'm prochoice in most scenario, I support ACCESS to abortion -- but in some cases abortion should be mandatory, if the mother keeps popping out violent and retarded kids, if the mother have already killed kids.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.