[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 19 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: FB_IMG_1652510178861.jpg (54 KB, 665x675)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
Did the advent of agriculture and the subsequent isolation from nature that it caused ruin humanity?
>>
Yes, and industrialized society hasn't helped matters
>>
>>2367065
We should have invented agriculture and left it at that.
Can you imagine spending sun up to sundown foraging for nuts and berries and shit, just to still be hungry at the end of the day?? Can’t have babies and shit because there ain’t enough shit around for food, and wild animals to compete with.
Because we can grow the food at home we could spend more time doing fun stuff like hunting and fishing and fucking.
>>
>>2367077
Just kill the wild animals with a sharp stick and eat them so theres more berries and roots for you
>>
>>2367077
Anon, look into the civilisation that built the earth works around poverty point - they had little to now organisation but were able to support a large and sophisticated society with foraging and hunting alone.

Popular misconception that agriculture is needed for the calorific density required to build large and sophisticated society.

The process of foraging itself tends towards the formation of large “garden forests” or “garden wetlands”.

And this isn’t some basedcuck vegan crunchy granola lifestyle, as earlier anon pointed out, you’d often be eating the animals that would other wise eat all your cultivated forage - diets would often be rich in varied protein
>>
>>2367077
Actually annon, funny enough, studies into human fossil records show that Hunter gatherers were larger, stronger and healthier than agrarian counterparts. They had a good, and far more diverse diet than agri-cucks. The benefit of agriculture was not an improvement in diet but an improvement in consistency, additionally being settled allowed us to develop civilizations and invent time saving technologies.
>>
>>2367065
Honestly, I don't think it much matters. The real question is how to move forward
>>
>>2367218
How can I into gather-hunter diet in the modern times we live? I feel like I almost already live on a hunter gather diet since I'm a poorfag and only buy food on a day to day basis instead of stocking my fridge and shelves
>>
>>2367294
>buy sharp stick
>go into woods
>find animal
>kill animal
>cook animal
>eat animal
you guys are so retarded it's unfathomable, we've been doing this for thousands of years.
>>
>>2367294
Etaing paleo is actually pretty expensive. Grains, sugar, and onions are in all the cheap foods
>>
We're part of nature, no matter how hard we try we can't divorce ourselves from it.
>>
>>2367247
correct attitude
>>
>>2367077
If this was the case we would've never developed large brains as they'd be a waste of resources. We were already good enough to hunt animals even before we started developing proper intelligence.
>>
>>2367401
I've lost count of how many times I've put myself in spear throwing range with deer on accident.
>>
File: 1611884975509.png (291 KB, 475x268)
291 KB
291 KB PNG
>>2367401
>>2367155
>>2367188
>gets tapeworms
agrichads stay winning!
>>
>>2369728
>implying he doesn't have worms
When was the last time you wormed yourself? You must have more faith in the Mexicans shitting in your produce fields than I do.
>>
File: mfw.jpg (215 KB, 872x720)
215 KB
215 KB JPG
>>2369741
>mexicans
>>
>>2369745
Based, only the finest polish maiden shit on my lettuce
>>
>>2367065
no
>>
>>2369745
You can substitute whatever brown fence-jumpers that you'd like.
>>
>>2367065
indingenous people across the globe participated in cultivation and rough agricultural practices going far back into primitive times so what do you mean
>>
>>2367077
>Can you imagine spending sun up to sundown foraging for nuts and berries and shit, just to still be hungry at the end of the day??
Instead we spend 10/16 of our waking hours on fake mundane jobs and still haven't cooked or eaten anything or done any chores.

>Can’t have babies and shit because there ain’t enough shit around for food, and wild animals to compete with.
Can't have babies because women are too busy with work to be mothers (if they even date you) and you still can't afford half the things a baby needs (which they only need because women are working instead of being mothers).

> and wild animals to compete with.
Instead you compete with other people for resources.

>Because we can grow the food at home we could spend more time doing fun stuff like hunting and fishing and fucking.
I am not allowed to own guns, I can't go fishing because the only method of transportation is roads and I don't have a drivers' license, and I don't have the time to walk/bike there due to work. Also I don't get laid.
>>
>>2367077
Everyone used to live that way anon, and if you jerky meats and dry your seeds n berries n shit you can actually have quite the surplus. Add a little horticulture in the mix and you can have enough free time to have babies and build earthen mound structures for temples, etc.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.