[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 15 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: few.png (981 KB, 631x903)
981 KB
981 KB PNG
For discussion of entrenchment tools, small shovels, the multitool of digging equipment. Cold steel a'fixed, Hungarian flippy boys, the US market day M-1943 specials, oh my !
Please post your e-tools, questions and discussions on such tools, and your general appreciation of the life such equipment provides you.
Created because of a hearty interest in small, multi-use tools for /out/ activities.
Previous thread; limit reached: >>2276771
>>
love my spetznatz for /out/ stuff, but i want a trifold for gardening, my old bundeswher (2006) broke
im looking at the:
Fiskars
Glock
Schrade "T- handle"
Gerber "Gorge"

or, should i just buy another NATO model?
>>
>>2366332
Holy shit, learn to take better care of your tools LARPlord.
>>
>>2366428
>just buy another NATO model
This, love my nato one solid as fuck, had it ten years now and use it for smashing scraping ice/snow off the roads, guerilla gardening, digging the landy out of tight spots
>>
>>2366490
>tools show signs of actual use
>take care of your tools
>LARPlord

Lmao imagine being this retarded
>>
File: 69826_W3.jpg (41 KB, 1200x1200)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>2366498
>I use them, reeeee, therefore I don't have to maintain them reeeeeee
>etoools aren't a LARP, reeeeee
>>
>>2366490
The left and center were how I got them, tell it to the Danish and Hungarian conscripts were were issued them. Shortly after I took apart and cleaned the center shovel. The one on the right is covered in soot because I had just shoveled a fire hole with it. Other than that, it was striped cleaned and repainted not that long ago. Get a better take on life.
>>2366498
Right ?
>>2366550
Post a tool you actually own, not generic stock images. Otherwise be gone, and stop your weak attempt to derail the thread.

Got a dutch e-tool pouch, doesn't fit the german trifold, but I cut a hole in the bottom and slide the longer folders into it just fine. Will post later
>>
My coglahn shovel is over 10 years old now and works great
>>
>>2366680
How's the edge look ?
>>
>>2367459
I've never put an edge on it. I usually use a chopper or an actual bladed tool for chopping. And I don't hammer away at rocks with it either
>>
File: shovl family.png (1.53 MB, 720x1280)
1.53 MB
1.53 MB PNG
I don't mean a cutting edge, I meant how it holds up after a decade. They seem to form a distinctive pattern of wear
>>
I have the Cold Steel shovel and it's been really good for chopping wood and digging holes for shitting in.
>>
>>2366332
Deadass no reason to bring an e-tool anywhere. Way too much weight for the amount of use they get. If you're really so scared of using a stick to dig a hole in for poopin, just bring a trowel.
>>
>>2369823
bait
>>
>>2369824
It is a fair point, as long as people don't respond to it more than other posts.
>>2369823
A trowel is good, yes, for digging small holes for such activities- but some people while out do more digging than that, and a trowel is too small for that use. Extended stay. And during that, they might need to whack a few branches, which the shovel does better too.
They both have a role, and even in the garden I find myself using an e-tool for most of the work since its small enough to dig smaller holes but can carry substantial amounts of dirt when I need to fill them back up
and when whacking thru actual roots, which a trowel cannot do
>>
>>2366498
I scrub my tools after every use, still pristine. Learned it from contractors that did my floors.
>>
>>2370304
Interesting, show us.
>>
>>2370304
OP takes shit care of his tools and mocks anyone who actually knows how to take care of their things. He was so butthurt about getting repeatedly btfod that he made another thread and is still seething about it, obviously.
>>
>>2373145
>sages his post because afraid of confrontation
You aren't going to post your "100 year old tools" that you claim to be so proud of. Honestly doubt you have anything old enough to warrant a cleaning. Stop derailing.
>>
anyone have esperance with the Glock E-Tool?
>>
>>2373988
If it wasn't more pricy than I could justify, I would try it out.
>>
>>2366332
Why can’t you just call it by it’s proper name instead of trying to make it sound all geeky and high-tech by call it a E-TOOL BRO!
>>
>>2373149
>posts pictures of trashed etools
>makes fun of people for doing maintenance
>claims etools aren't a larp and gets mad at anyone for calling them one
>but but but show me your tools
The lack of self awareness is incredible.
>>
>>2366332
what's the point in using an e-tool over a regular garden trowel? They're a lot heavier and seem to run the risk of breaking a lot easier (in the case of the cheap chinese ones)
>>
>>2366332
Anyone got any chinkshit recommendations for an e-tool? Had a look on some of my surplus sites and my local shop but they didn't have anything
>>
>>2375929
a US or German surplus e-tool is far superior than some shity chinese made garden trowels/tools. They make fantastic garden tool and I highly recommend them
>>
>>2375929
I use both for gardening, like I said here>>2369881
no reason to get cheap chinese knock-off tools, since surplus german or whatever (see OP) folding shovels can be had for about 20ish USD and hold up
I was able to show off all three shovels in OP to a girl today (:
>>
File: s-l1600.png (486 KB, 1000x750)
486 KB
486 KB PNG
okay lads just bought one of these, any recommended maintenance to do? Was just gonna spray some WD40 around the locking mechanism and file the saw blades
>>
>>2377673
that should be good enough it should serve you for a very long time
>>
>>2377673
I hate the germ*ns pouch because it lacks a belt loop and only works with their silly load-bearing system; it's not broken despite looking like it is
my first advice is to only use it as a storage pouch and not try to attach it to anything (unless you have that system)
just make sure is clean and some light oiling
mind the handle-center shaft pivot, it folds weird at first

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.