[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

The general formerly known as /lcg/ LARP Containment General edition.

This general is an effort to consolidate topics generally considered to be “LARP” on boards including /out/, /an/, /k/, /diy/, /pol/, and others:

Some examples of topics:
-Homesteading
-Microfarming
-Where to buy land
-Prepping
-Natural Disasters
-SHTF
-End of the world fantasies
-Urban survivalism
-Self Sufficiency
-“Survival” Skills
-Homelessness
-Hoboism
-Nomad threads
-Hippie communes
-Escapism fantasies
-"living in the woods" LARP threads
-Running away from home

If you want to post those about those topics, keeping it in this general is a much better way to get fresh the discussion instead of starting a separate thread!
>>
>>2357370
how cute another virgin autist trying to gatekeep and tell others what he thinks are allowed topics and how he thinks its larpers based on his autist opinions. who the fuck are you and why does your opinions on whats allowed or is a larp matter? no seriously who are you that you're so important your opinions and gatekeeping matters? answer or i'll assuming this topic was made with the intent to troll outside of /b/
>>
>>2357376
Is this bait? This thread has been here for almost a year now. If you want to shitpost and vomit your wretched threads all over the board I suggest you go and post somewhere else faggot.
>>
>>2357385
>gate keeps
>pretends he decides what a larp is
>shit talking troll and doesnt answer how his opinions matter or are relevant or matter aka peasant opinions
yup trolling outside of /b/
>>
>>2357370
>how to run away from home
>young adult (over 18)
That's called being an adult? Leaving the nest, and all that- or is this 'defeat by default - how to become homeless and addicted to drug use 101 speedrun'
>>2357376
be gay elsewhere
>>2357385
>This thread has been here for almost a year now.
and yet they never actually run away
Self-sufficiency: Homesteading and Prepping is so much better than Homelessness/Running away. Sucks 'they' get lumped in
>>
>>2357408
>be gay else where
So you're saying make threads for each one the topics? Gotcha. Dont link this dumb thread in any of those threads.
>>
>>2357614
>wrong presumptions and a string of silly conclusions
No. Just- you, specifically- be gay elsewhere. Your post is alot of me-me terms you never used before 2-3 years ago until you heard others use it. You are a copy-paste mind.
>>
>>2357370
wow whoever made this thread is a huge faggot
>>
>>2357376
so true
>>
Halfway done with my self-sufficiency plans which are as follows:

Backyard chickens
Solar panels
Well plus collecting rainwater
Septic
Propane and propane accessories
Food and medicinals garden
50 acres of wooden land
Starlink

Stocking up on non-perishables now and preparing to can this Fall. In the market for a smoking/drying set up for fished and hunted meats. Also stockpiling basic sundries. I will not go off the grid completely unless the grid goes offline. If I can still go to Walmart I will do so but it'll be for non-essentials and treats.
>>
I have a off-grid house with poor sunlight access in winter (~4hrs/day production). Currently using a generator to supplement solar, should I look into wind turbines? I've heard they're a money pit due to moving parts and maintenance. Any other options?
>>
>>2358279
How much electricity do you need? I get by with just a generator and batteries but if you want to run a refrigerator, oven, etc there are propane options available. Also consider a teg to keep batteries topped up when your heat source is going.
>>
>>2359424
I have a baby daughter so washing is the largest energy sink
>>
>>2357370
Why's he sitting on a dumpster
>>
>>2359576
he really has to hit it hard in the photoshoot that he is POOR
>"did you get that? on your 1400$ camera- you got the shot, right?"
>>
File: 1612282970880.jpg (86 KB, 925x1200)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
>>2357370
I will be without a home for approximately ~2 months alone. This is shortly after an invasive surgery which leaves me in a wheelchair for a short while. If you couldn't guess, this is America where it's also illegal to be homeless, so I'm not exactly sure what my plan is. Hopefully you guys will have some ideas founded on experience. How do I not die?
How feasible (or illegal) is living in a storage unit? How do I feed myself? I'm a total noob when it comes to homelessness (sort of, at least to this extent and handicap), so I could use some pro-tips.

Alternatively, I've also considered simply moving overseas for ~3 months where I can rent a place and have reasonable access to food/healthcare. What countries would you guys recommend? I'm considering Thailand or Cuba.
>>
>>2357370
I have 100 packs of seeds that I got almost free at the end of last year that I will plant in a state park and private woods. Last year I did strawberries and ground cherries and they should come back too.
>>
>>2359680
Thailand is pretty good, good food, cheap, whores who'll suck your dick under a table at a bar while you drink beer
>>
>>2357376
this tranny loves soil
>>
>>2357389
soil tranny?
>>
>>2357389
are you trolling?
>>
>>2357389
soil tranny trolling soil?
>>
>>2359680
>>2359742
Unfortunately, I have no friends or family.
>>2359706
>>2359680
I'd rather not have to sleep in a tent outside. I love camping and all, but I'd rather not do it for months straight while crippled. I also really don't like the idea of being stabbed by a crackhead in a highway median.
>>2359711
Not really in it for the sex tourism, but I'm glad to know others have had good experiences with the quality of life otherwise.
>>
>>2357720
so tranny, ammmaright?
>>
>>2359513
I don't know if there is any residential wind setup that will run a washing machine consistently. Are you using hot water to wash? Washing machines use most of their energy heating water
>>
If I'm farming in my backyard, what do I do during the Winter?
>>
>>2357370
where can I find this movie?
I already searched the torrents
>>
>>2360392
>Are you using hot water to wash? Washing machines use most of their energy heating water
I sure am. Cold cycles aren't good enough when washing nappies. I'll probably upgrade the battery system, they're end of life anyway.
>>
Because of space issues, I've had to store some of my food supply in what is basically a sunroom.
It gets pretty warm in there in summer, 36C (97F) or more on some days, about 10-15% hotter than my house, for comparison.
I can keep the humidity largely under control, but can't do much about the temperature.
I am at this stage only moving my commercially canned stuff, mostly beans and other vegetables, out there.

Is this safe? Is it that much worse than keeping in in my nearly as hot house?
Are there any foods I should avoid putting there, or any that are going to handle it fine?
>>
File: 1650646954985.png (1.17 MB, 1264x838)
1.17 MB
1.17 MB PNG
>>2360412
Sow a cover crop mix to maintain your soil over winter; you can then use their foliage as mulch for the following year
>>
>>2357729
If you're still lurking what state are you doing this in? What sort of budget are you doing this for?
>>
>>2360420
Yes they are. I use reusable diapers and I use cold water. They get clean. What's your process on cleaning them? Putting the piss soaked clothe right into the washing machine will eat through any gaskets eventually.
>>
>>2360975
You don't have space under your house? If your that desperate. Crawl space s make okay storage spots
>>
>>2361292
I do a combination of pre-washing and main washes
https://cleanclothnappies.com/sanitise/#how-to-sanitise
>>
>>2361292
https://cleanclothnappies.com/hot-water-vs-cold-water/
>>
>>2361299
I soak in a bucket then squeeze the water out of the urine pads and scrape off any poo. Motivated me to potty train my second child early. She's 1 1/5 and a good chunk of the way to being off diapers.
Then a quick rinse and dry cycle in my washer than a normal cold wash with an eyeballed amount of detergent.
>>
>>2361305
>>2361304
I've been doing it for five years now. They smell clean.
>>
>>2361304
>>2361299
Hot water is easier. But it is easier than the significant upgrade to your power you'll need to accommodate the convenience?
>>
>Where to buy land

I'm unironically curious about this. I want something like 10 acres in South GA but I have NO idea what I'm looking for with land.

All I know is that I want water and mineral rights wherever I buy at, and ideally I'd like flowing water (river, lake, etc.) on the property as well
>>
Buying a 8 acre property from a crazy horse lady.
What I already got

Chickens
Wild rabbits
A horse
A pond
Fruit trees oranges, grapefruit, pomegranate
A steady job that'll pay well even if great depression 2, WW3, or civil war happens.

What else should I do/get.
>>
>>2361312
>But it is easier than the significant upgrade to your power you'll need to accommodate the convenience?
It's working for now, it's more that I hate running the generator. The current la Nina weather pattern means I'm getting a lot less sunny days than normal which is also a contributing factor. I'll make do, I was more interested in people's experiences with wind generators than my consumption.
>>
>>2361353
A companion for the horse. It doesn't have to be another horse but they need another animal to be a "herd" with. Donkeys are nice to have if you don't mind the noise
>>
>>2361376
The crazy horse lady has too many she keeps around.
>>
>>2361378
Well great. All the free manure you could ask for grow a lot of cucumbers and corn and feed it to the critters.
>>
>>2361293
No, I live in a single story house built on the ground.
I don't have the extra storage space common in burgerland houses, basements, attics, crawlspace, anything like that.
This house fucking sucks as far as storage goes, don't even have a proper pantry or linen cupboard, but prepping, or even having a family, wasn't exactly on my mind at 20 when I bought it.
>>
>>2361376
I would avoid getting a goat as a companion
My neighbor's goat died and everyone suspects the horse had enough of it's shit and bit it
The surviving goats and the horses are kept away from each other now
>>
>>2357370
>-"living in the woods" LARP threads
Can I do this in Tasmania? Around 50% of the island is forested and I could make gunyahs in the forest easily. I'm just worried about bushfires during lightning storms. And I assume I'll have to learn how to identify poisonous stuff, but could easily kill forest animals for food or subsist on other bush food.
>>
Been searching for inventory management apps, preferably cross platform, but can't find anything. Anyone knows of something? It's mainy to keep track of my pantry.
>>
>>2361698
If you come here I will hunt and kill you. No one will find you or the bones.
>>
>>2359680
Unironically commit a crime and go to jail.
>>
>old lady behind me at the till pointed out to her husband how much I liked oatmeal
>only bought 3Kg
It's shit like this that opens my eyes to how much people are not prepared. It seems like they live week to week. I eat between 1.8 to 2Kg per week, so having a Kg in advance would seem normal (although I actually put it to my stash).
>>
>>2363316
>people are dumb because they aren't poorfags who eat oats every day
Some people prefer to eat not like peasants lmao
>>
>>2363411
Oatmeal with blueberries, eggs, honey, fat free yogurt and cinnamon is one of the best things I've had and because of that I have it for dinner every day. Oats with eggs and honey is my breakfast (along with salmon and broccoli). Oats are one of the best (if not the best) complex carbohydrate you can eat and has a really big expiry date.
If anything, they're the dumb ones for buying overpriced junk "food" full of estrogen and trans fats that fills you up for 30 minutes instead of 3 to 4 hours.
>>
>>2363024
I'd rather not ruin the rest of my life just to avoid a short period of homelessness. Might be better to try and get a temporary stay in those old people homes.
I'd also like to avoid being around niggers
>>
Bong here (for context)

>insane rent costs
>insane property purchase costs
>insane council tax
>need landlords permission to have pets
>need landlords permission to make ANY changes to a property
>endlessly giving landlords money with no return
>paying all this for the luxury of living near pakis, nogs and drug addicts
>paying all this for the luxury of having neighbours wall to wall and floor to ceiling

Nope. No. Not any more. Call me a larper I dont give the slightest fuck. I am buying a motorhome/RV/caravan and living in that. Own it. Can do what I want with it. Can put it near enough anywhere. Monthly outgoings get slashed by half at the very least. Inb4
>u will live in ze pod
Dont care. My pod. Can do what I want with it. Fuck you.
>>
>>2359680
How many dollars will you have at the point of becoming homeless? Do you have a drivers license?
>>
>>2361353
Solar panels and precious metals.
>>
File: 1613647137213.png (262 KB, 467x467)
262 KB
262 KB PNG
>>2363577
>Bong here
>Can do what I want
>>
>>2363588
Topkek but american ignorance. Even permitting a lack of 'muh freedums' I can be more free in me podmobile than I can in me still pod.
>>
Are mass gain powder supplements aimed at body builders a good long term storage option?
>>
>>2363316
>2kilos of oats per week
found the horse
>>
>>2363750
Nah, you found someone that's 6'1 and exercises. Oats are cheap, good, healthy and easy to prepare.
>>
File: 1632947525657.png (217 KB, 951x728)
217 KB
217 KB PNG
>>2363773
>Neigh, oats are cheap, good, healthy and easy to prepare.
>>
>>2361783
Excel
Fucking Zoomer
Or a clip board
Fucking millennial.
>>
>>2363411
This man hates clean no mess shits.
>>
>>2357370
we already have /hmg/, which is the pracical application of this thread, kys
>>
>>2361698
>this in Tasmania? Around 50% of the island is forested and I could make gunyahs in the forest easily.

There is a reason australian indigenous people never settled the land. You cannot meaningfully sustain life without modern tech
>>
>>2363808
They are, just like rice. Hence why I also stock plenty of it.
>>
Assuming the collapse of civilization, in a post-industrial region with depleted ressources, how would you build a chemical industry from scratch? I'm thinking wood pyrolysis would be step number one for the charcoal, gas and wood vinegar. Where would you go from there? Electrolysis of NaCl solution for Chlorine? In the midterm you'd probably want a Haber process for fertilizer.
>>
File: 1638294445042.jpg (133 KB, 945x600)
133 KB
133 KB JPG
>>2363416
>i buy oatmeal for muh prepping
>also i need my fresh berries and eggs and milk to go with muh prepper oats
Do you really lack this much self awareness?

>muh prepping and estrogen and muh civilization collapse
Oh nevermind, it'd just another >>>/x/ schizophrenic board tourist
>>
>>2363911
I never said I need those to go with the oats. They're fine on their own with water, but why not use more things while we have access to them?
I never went on /x/. I thought this was the prepper thread as indicated by OP, but it seems like it's the dumb basedboy general, so I'll take my leave.
>>
Just buy deer corn, 50 lbs for like 8 bucks, then nixtamalize it
>>
>>2357729
>50 acres of wooden land
>chicke
So jelly rn... I want to rewild my plot into a forest but I think the soil is ruined and won't support the trees
>>
>>2357370
Anybody here own a cow? C-can I moo at it?
>>
>>2364246
You can find trees that survive my dude.
People can bring back a forest to a shitty salty desert.
>>
>>2363411
>t. Mac Donalds connoisseur
>>
>>2364246
Look up succession planting. Find some pioneer species and let them start the process of increasing biomass.
>>
im gonna be homeless in a few weeks I'm terrified ;_; I have 4k saved up but nowhere to go
>>
>>2359680
How could you afford to move overseas and rent and yet you can't afford rent for a few months? Doesn't add up. Can you delay the surgery? Go get a job, get short term disability insurance, then get the surgery done would be the most optimal.
>>
>>2367338
its ok. just prepare for extreme cold and extreme hot climates, learn to forage, fish, and navigate apps for free items like craisglist and food banks

>>2363838
explain
>>2362777
i will rip open your fucking skull tough guy
>>
I've been feeling so shitty lately. I was out for a grocery run and I had to fight the urge to just hit the highway and drive until I either ran out of money or my car broke down
>>
>>2368634
same
>>
File: 012ZIT-250-3-1-HR.jpg (75 KB, 1000x1000)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
how many different types of antibiotics should I carry in my bug out/fuck off bag?
a single course is around 5 grams in a blister
>>
>>2361353
Some guns in case of
>great depression 2, WW3, or civil war

Refer to /k/ for further info.
>>
File: 739.jpg (78 KB, 680x920)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
>>2361353
this >>2363586
also, excavate earth with your bros and build a panic/bomb shelter / mancave
>>
File: 1528510467870.jpg (34 KB, 296x346)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>2368961
a zpak is only 1.5 grams
>>
I just entered vanlife and have no idea to make money. My skills are writing, IT, and graphic design. I an excellent artist but no room or money to get the tools I need.
>>
>>2370288
What's your van breakdown plans?
>>
>>2370290
$1000 backup
Begging.
I have some small automechanical knowledge.
Sparse but reliable family support.
>>
>>2363838
They did, we just exterminated them properly 150 years ago.
>>
Remember. Playing dead won't save you from a bear attack. You either scare it off, kill it, manage to get to hard cover and safety, or die.
>>
Hmm i notice the new wave of newfags seem to ignore the generals
>>
>>2372561
Don't black bears and grizzlies both start eating their prey before it's fully dead?
>>
Just updated my initial medical bag (using an old gas mask satchel) about one foot long and half a foot width
>mouth and hair cover
>apron
>gloves and mask
>stuffing gauze
>wrapping gauze
>basic surgical kit
>metal tin for holding items/cleaning tools
>bandage
>triangular bandage
>smelling salts
>head mirror
It's nice. Tight little package.
Will post on request
>pic related
>>
>>2370288
Those all sound like skills that could lead to remote work. Any luck there?
>>
Can you actually do anything with desert land other than play with ATVs?
>>
>>2374737
Post it papa smurf
>>
Let's say I was going to drop a grand or so on stocking my pantry with food for my family of 3 in the event of having to hunker down for awhile. What food would I want to get?
>>
>>2374902
Aye aye, check back in twelve hours
>captcha PHD,MKay
>>
>>2374903
Food you eat. Preferably dry goods.
>>
>>2374737
>>2374902
>>2375065
>>
>>2374903
>>2375079
this.
focus on what your family already eats, but build up a reserve and rotate through it, then you can also leverage this system for "strategic purchasing", track prices on your common shelf stable consumables and take advantage when low prices and deals happen, buy in bulk when you do.
You don't have to eat preserved foods all the time, but if you have a ~ 4 rotation you can use to make 1/4th of family meals in good times while saving money, and then you will have a whole year you can live off the reserve in large scale -or- personal emergencies.
>>
>>2376380
a wise post
buy cheap and alot when you do- but eat the older stock
that way you are at worse eating your supply but for a good price
and at worst before it expires
I bought good cheesy mac (not relevant for this but for example) when it was a dollar. bought dozens of the boxes. Now they go for 2 dollars. Eat them with my friend when he's over, one dollar for a half-meal for two is good
>>
>live on buddy's property in a shed
>he sells property
>I now live in my truck

Quitting job very soon, then I reckon the adventure begins!
>>
>>2376705
>when you are already bare minimum but want to delve even lower
did you spend all your money on alcohol while you were in the shed or what, those things usually arent a whole paycheck in rent
>>
>>2368034
Do not come here and expect to survive child molester.
>>
>>2376968
I have money anon, I am not interested in the formal versions of life.
>>
Wife and I are build a homestead. 30 acres, already processed our first round of broiler chickens (32 birds) we have 50 egg layers and are building a flock of katahdin/dorper crossed sheep. Fencing is insanely expensive right now so it is slow going.
>>
How 2 avoid police? How to trespass without being shot?
>>
>>2377783
Are you out in the midwest or did you just have the cash for a big lot of land? Here in the South (or at least my neck of the woods in the South) real estate firms have crept out into the sticks and are asking ridiculous prices for stuff now. There's a residential lot here with no house on it, surrounded by houses that cost 30k, that the real estate firm is demanding 50k for. 15-17k an acre is the norm here entirely from real estate firms scooping up all the land. They aren't even moving the land at that price, they'd just rather hold it and demand that price for years than not own it.
>>
>>2362777
witnessed. keep the forest clean, king. faggots and consumers can’t leave things untouched or let wild land be wild.
>>
>>2363416
Make sure to buy organic, normal oats have startling high atrazine and glyphosate levels, which are highly damaging to hormones
>>
might be a dumb question but how many unrelated animals do you need to keep them from becoming inbred over the years?
>>
>>2370290
Ye I have contracts out the ass but 0 power for my desktop pc and monitor, 0 power for my shitty laptop, and 0 money to fix this
>>
File: 1647509183882.gif (2.62 MB, 500x288)
2.62 MB
2.62 MB GIF
>>2363808
>>
>>2363577
It’s unbelievable how unimaginably cucked and complacent your people have become. It’s bad here, real bad, but your like 50 levels worse and bothered even less by it. 100 Years ago your people ruled the world through intelligence and ingenuity. Now your people actively replace their own with Pakistanis and other Muslims, cover up their mass rape of your little girls while you move into a van down by the river. WTF why are you doing this and why won’t you please make it stop?
>>
>>2381220
What is he as an individual supposed to do about it? He's just trying to make the best of his shitty situation
>>
>all these idiots buying chickens instead of ducks
enjoy having your property scratched up to shit and never getting anything to grow because they peck at crops
>>
>>2381817
>what is a chicken coop
>>
>>2381832
>i'll just keep them in a tiny coop their entire lives
>at least i'll have eggs!
terrible feed to return ratio and cramped living conditions leads to poor egg production, if you don't have enough fenced acreage for free range livestock you shouldn't have livestock to begin with
>>
File: 80 GATOS GORDOS.gif (659 KB, 400x400)
659 KB
659 KB GIF
>>2361353
>>2363586
very true, if you dont live in an area with running water investing in silver and solar are your best investments at this time; silver is in solar panels, and silver is only going to get more expensive as time goes on, possibly exponentially as supply gets exhausted since people are appropriately dumping their fiat into it. silver is a good hedge against inflation, and i recommend stacking it. but on the other side of things; build a well, if it rains with any degree of frequency get collection tubs (free potable water). if you have running water anywhere on your property, you could set up DIY hydro, and get free electricity; you can probably use your pond for this too. solar + hydro is most ideal since solar panels degrade year over year for like 4 years until they only absorb 60% of their original capacity (meaning whats sufficient when you buy them, likely wont be in 5 years unless you buy extra panels to future proof) you should also research the fuck out of compost if you havent yet, knowing what to do with the fucking excrement you and your animals produce can really help you save money; building a compost toilet and shitting outside might be a beneficial starting (time) investment. consider reading up on how to care for the fruit youre already growing (im assuming you inherited those, and dont know when the optimal picking time is and things) and consider selling them at a local market yourself or selling them to a seller at a local market OR to a local grocery chain, thats basically free money since i dont think they require a lot of work to maintain or pick. you can also try to sell directly to restaurants.
i eat a lot of meat, in my own ideal situation id be able to have enough meat to eat some at least twice a week, which is achievable with a big freezer and focusing on chickens and cows/ another type of meat, if i were you id make a large chicken pen, have lots of chicken at first (eggs+meat) and a few cows (/out/ of characters)
>>
File: item_1719028_db6ba51fc0.jpg (3.34 MB, 5792x5792)
3.34 MB
3.34 MB JPG
>>2357370
Found this kerosene heater on marketplace and I like the compact design, but it maxes out at 1350w heating effect, will it be okay for heating up a 4x4m garden tent on spring/autumn nights?
>>
>>2381999
You're right about the coop being too small
>enough fenced acreage
If you have plenty of fenced space for chickens then you don't have to worry about them damaging your property
>>
>>2357370
Where do I learn more about how to buy some acres of land and start a farm? How many acres do I need? What equipment would make it easy? How hard is it to build a log cabin? Is there a chance I can still have internet?
>>
>>2357370
Better late than never. For now I'm buying canned beans, canned meats, and vegetables in cans for my prep stash. It's definitely for more or a short term thing, so what's a better for long term prep in terms of cost effectiveness?
>>
>>2357370
I'm going to be homeless in about a month and a half. Is there anything I can do to really prepare for it? I don't have a drivers license but I have an ID and debit card and some money saved (just like a thousand dollars or so) I'm in washington state near gigharbor/tacoma.
>>
>>2357729
ive never understood why people think chickens are self sufficient
unless you grow your own grains you are going to be buying your feed from the same suppliers as the commercial chicken farmers, but at a much higher price. and profit margins on chickens are very low. so you will probably save a few bucks a bird
where geese, which are not brought up as much, can live off of pasture alone as long as they arent laying.
>>
>>2358279
what about a small steam engine? if you have a large woodlot it would work well. its power on demand, and steam engines will literally last a lifetime
>>
Do you guys have your own maps of your state or local area? They can be very useful.
>>
>>2374563
Yes. If you play dead when a bear is charging you, there's only a slight edge case that it may stop a mother bear from charging off of an aggression instinct. Then she'll just eat you, because her ability to forage and hunt is compromised by her cubs.
>>
File: 1614560496029.jpg (15 KB, 319x331)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>2357370
The poster looks nice and I really wanted to enjoy this movie. But it just feels like your usual school project. There are hardly any tips in it, while also lacking in actual outdoor travel footage to make up for it. Is there something I'm missing? Is the 12 minute YouTube video not the full version?
>>
>>2389672
>"The poster looks nice"
That's all that matters. Appearance. It isnt genuine.
You think someone who has to live rough would sit on an open-top garbage storage bin ?
>>
Has anyone built a bat house before? The mosquitoes are horrendous here and if bats help I'll put one under my roof. Any tips?
>>
How is living in Wyoming?

My fiance and I currently live in a city in Texas, currently experiencing 100F+ weather. I make decent money and work remote, and we both want to live somewhere quiet, remote, and cooler, while we raise our children. We are both committed to doing small farming and raising livestock, she has experience raising cattle, and I have experience doing hydroponics. She technically owns a ranch in south Texas, but we are both growing tired of the crazy heat here.

Our plan is to maybe buy property with a house on it, then build our actual dream house over time. or just outright have it built.

We just want to be left alone. How is the state?
>>
>>2391993
Stay in Texas
>>
>>2392027
Why?
>>
>>2392052
No one likes those people that's why.
>>
>>2392373
>No one likes those people that's why
anon said he was from texas, not that he was a negro
>>
>>2381220
Yes of course my brother, let me go and kick out the fucking pakis myself. Why didnt I think of that? The majority of Britons are not as you describe, the issue is that the jews running the show are demolishing my homeland and I do not have the ability to overthrow them. I am surviving and doing what I can to improve my country, what do you want from me?
>>
>>2381220
Furthermore most Britons think Pakis fucking stink and wont go near them, and while the Rotherham scandal was a tragedy, I can assure you this country does more to weed out child abusers than any other in the world, and we do so off of our own backs as volunteers. Let me have my van by the river, if anything a person with more disposable income and less distractions has more power than a nit living in a box next to shitskins that he pays out the arse for.
>>
>>2357376
>the shit flinging begins with the first post
honestly what else could i expect from this board at this point
>>
I live in central Washington and would like to homestead, but anywhere outside of Yakima is completely out of my price range. Was thinking of selling our current house, taking the 100k or so of profit, buying 25-50k worth of land, and using the other 50k to prepare the land for a prebuilt/trailer/tiny meme home. Quit my job and just build cattle fences under the table a few times a year to get some cash flow. I haven't been in the PNW for too long and I'm kind of limited to central WA . Anyone have any suggestions? Deer Park was 100/10 the few times I visited but that's definitely way too expensive to move to at the moment
>>
>>2392397
Texans of all stripes are terrible. It's a deep seated cultural issue.
>>
>>2393586
Texas is awful, stay out.
>>
>>2363577
you must be rich because campervans are unbelievably expensive here
even an 80s shit box thats barely liveable reaches 10k

agree with everything in the post tho
>>
>>2392570
the UK as a whole is fucking trash
i plan to take a ferry over to europe with no plan and never come back
>>
>>2396144
Ive seen them for as little as 5, but the thing is that even 10, 15, 20, is cheaper than a house. Im fully prepared to live in the cheapest one I can get while I save up as itll cut my costs down hugely. Im not rich but if you can minimize your outgoings to an autistic level a lot of options open up.
>>
>>2396146
See ya.
>>
File: 1645070978492.jpg (156 KB, 1408x732)
156 KB
156 KB JPG
What are the best books to get introduced to homesteading and self sufficiency? I know nothing on it but I'm sick of globohomo and wanna grow shit now
>>
File: 1654972158858.jpg (2.2 MB, 2878x2384)
2.2 MB
2.2 MB JPG
>>2357370
What the fuck do homesteading and homelesness have to do with each other? Arent those pretty much opposites.
>>
>>2396375
The OP seems to make pretty clear that it's just a consolidation of LARP topics into one single thread
>>
How do I run away from home and navigate america without a car or much savings
Is it still possible to be a drifter or is temporary housing so high and jobs too official
>>
>>2396855
jump on a freight and let the rails take you
>>
transgirl here in a random motel in Wausau homeless. Not sure what to do or where I'm going I'm life ;_;
>>
>>2396375
>What the fuck do homesteading and homelesness have to do with each other
The people who always make threads about either of them never go outdoors irl?
Not that hard to spot the pattern anon
>>
>>2397734
https://www.wikihow.com/Tie-a-Noose
>>
File: 1650748716682.jpg (276 KB, 1010x960)
276 KB
276 KB JPG
>>2397927
lulz
>>
>>2395851
No you stay out of the rest of the US. Your nasty diaspora are shitty everywhere you go.
>>
File: file.png (1.46 MB, 1599x1200)
1.46 MB
1.46 MB PNG
Recently I got into a 5-year plan of shifting to life in the field, and as such I'm preparing myself for it. Being a huge nerd who sits on his lard ass everyday, I had to do some lifestyle changes for this plan to have any feasibility.

The first part is starting to work out. Living off the land is hard work and takes discipline and stamina, also toughness should accidents happen and they always do. So I enrolled on a boxing academy which I go 3x a week, the other days I run and control my diet.

The second part is the spiritual part. I've been working my prayers and thoughts and trying to really understand the beauty of a life which is harder than my current urbanite shlock. This happened much quicker than I thought, nature just simply calls to us.

The third part is having both theoretical and practical experience with this life. For such I have been doing small expeditions to different countrysides, from the dangerously urbanised to the boondocks. My only issue with building a homestead is I gotta have a hospital or equivalent at a 20min car distance tops. There's dangers in living off the land, some of those are life-threatening and I can't enjoy the /out/s without being alive (cont.)
>>
File: file.png (2.35 MB, 1599x1200)
2.35 MB
2.35 MB PNG
>>2398360
My plan is to look for a 15he property with a plain profile and a watersource. I want to plant grapes and sell (fine?) wine both locally and over the internet. Wine takes a while after you start, so the first two years will be focused on selling pigs and animal feed. Now, I know animal feed isn't the most profitable crop, but if I work with an animal nutrician, and I know a doctorate in pig nutrition which already told me he would gladly participate, I belive I can solve three problems with a single move: To feed the pigs, to acquire practice in cultivation and to acquaint myself with the locals.

At the first part, buying/housing/installing/operating the winemaking equipment will be a hassle and I will probably have to import some very expensive stuff and pay people to teach me. No problem, if I can ge tthe pigs/feed strategy profitable, I can shortcut this challenge by using trade and straight up saving.

The oinkers in picrel are from a farm I visited last saturday in one of my expeditions. Kinda scary but they're mostly friendly animals.
>>
>>2397711
That's death. Be helpful. Now.
>>
>>2396375
your picture, too, is irrelevant
you can't "build an underground home for 50$"
>>
CUTTING ELECTRIC USE WHILE ON THE GRID!

Did you know, it is perfectly legal to CYCLE YOUR MAIN BREAKER in the U.S? As far as the fridge is concerned, no worries! Keep a shit load of those ice packs that ship with RX drugs or frozen Steaks,in the freezer and it should keep your food below in the fridge cold, up to 7 days, as you limit the amount of time es you open 8t, or keep the food in the freezer while the breaker is off, it should not freeze what food you put in there, but it will keep it cold!! Talking from experience and I had $20 a Month electric bills on Long Island, NY I hope I helped someone here and they spread the word, fuck the electric company, they don't care if you die, like any other big company. BEAT THE SYSTEM, SAVE YOUR LOOT. Also youtube Rocket Mass Heaters too.
>>
>>2381817
chicken coop
>>
>>2398360
>>2398371

Godspeed anon! Best of luck with your endeavours
>>
>>2398395
No one said it would cost $50.
>>
I can't be a part of society and I'm going to have to go live in a tent. I think I'm going to die. I'll be near the city, so I can use its resources, but being homeless in the city is dangerous, and the longer I'm living outside and the dirtier I get, the more I'll want to be away from people. I'm going to end up in the woods on the outskirts of the city in the middle of winter freezing my ass off and starving. I have a bunch of survival supplies in a backpack that will help me, and I'll purchase a tent soon, and a slingshot to hunt small game with. I am convinced my life is going to suck from here on out no matter what I do. I can't fit into society anymore, and I have no skills for surviving homeless and in the woods.
>>
I'll be doing some hiking for the canada day long weekend and it'll definitely be considered out larping.
I have a bedroll consisting of a marine canvas, a woobie, and a wool blanket, and a haversack which will contain my canteen, some instant oatmeal, a spoon, beef jerky and dehydrated mangos, toilet paper, pipe & tobacco, a book (ivanhoe), a headlight, and a campstove.
for clothes I'll have pants, a shirt, a vest, a shemagh, and a wide-brimmed hat.

am I missing anything else essential? I'll only be gone for 2-3 days and I can get water on the trail but I'll have to boil it.
>>
Tell me about tents, also i was thinking about living in car.
I figure i could use gas(car battery power)/cig lighter to power ac, heat, phone, radio/news, lights and other stuff.
But even the cheapest cars in my area are 3,000 to 5,000$
I could do that, but i'm pretty poor and rather save my money.
Can i get a car like shipped to me(exact street/spot) for like 1,000$?
Maybe i need to like beg on craigslist or something. (saw one for 2,200)
Better believe i'll spray the crud outta that car with bleach and disinfectant for at least a day. I might like drown the car in bleach, and just let it dry out.

How hard is it to deal with back car seats, like if i want to remove them?
Maybe i should ask /o/.
>>2399896
Imight be close to your situation.
I think just wear a plastic bag around your groin for bed to keep clothes fresh?
You will need a way to get water, river/lake, or public fountains - put it in a gallon container and boil and filter it later. You might be able to use a bit of that water to clean body or your clothes, like for 5 mins once a week.

Get a good tent, but maybe something small, and camo color (camo spray paint is couple bucks, if you can spare a couple). And a sleeping bag. You might need some sorta fan or shade and extra water/cooling towel for heat, and like a cave and mini heater, plus heating pads or stuff for cold. Cold seems easier to deal with i would think?
Your biggest worry will be collecting/cleaning water, then food.
Food you need at least as much calories as you burn, so don't walk up too many hills, or go too far/fast.
Securing your shelter is also important.
Use bushes, rocks, dirt, and maybe metal/wood to make a fence around you. If you have a small shovel, you can move those things in circle around tent.
I think you can fit in society, and i say this as person who avoids, and stays away from social stuff. Don't forget to cut hair/beard.And you can even get some disinfectant/smell good spray once a month for couple bucks if possible.
>>
>>2396144
Got tired of paying $1600 a month in LA. Which is essentially a third world country. But unlike the other anon I decided to live off my F150. I didn’t want to get another gay ass job. So I’m living off my additional online income stream. I even got my camper shell on the road. About 6 weeks later. I got my solar panels, built a bed, insulated the camper shell, got a fridge. Again all on the road. Now I’m comfy as fuck in the Colorado mountains. Haven’t seen a nigger or homeless person in about a week.
>>
File: 1655999139730.png (148 KB, 305x316)
148 KB
148 KB PNG
>>2357370
I'm sorry but Homesteading, prepping, and self sufficiency are not the same as homelessness and running away from home. Even if this has been up for 2 years, it's a retarded combinations of topics. Just let people enjoy their van life larp threads. It's not like this board is busy enough to need to combine all these topics.
>>
>>2402698
>Just let people enjoy their van life larp threads.
The van lifers go outdoors more than the people spamming the "how do i run away from mommy's basement in the suburbs" threads, so i don't have any problem withthem
>>
>>2363416
I hope you have a pretty active lifestyle and use all that energy or all those oats are gonna make you FAT, brother
>>
>>2359680
County's fun, meet new friends, learn new things
>>
>>2359680
Was homeless for about three months, put all the shit I didn't need on me in a storage lockup (PC, furniture I wanted to keep, extra clothes etc.) and slept in my Honda, tent in the woods or when lucky in a cabin without running water/electricity. Went to a boxing gym where I showered. Lockup was $120 a month, gym membership was $40, beats the $1200 rent.

Biggest thing I noticed was that I started appreciating life more and lost my dependency/addiction on electronics, now I'm hooked up again.
>>
>>2402698
It's not about the similarities of the topics. It about the similarities of the people posting about them.
>>
File: 1655947132124.jpg (1.64 MB, 2560x1600)
1.64 MB
1.64 MB JPG
how do I live this kind of life
>>
incase i get kicked out suddenly, how can i get an ID if i have nothing not even a passport or drivers lisence to prove who i am?
>>
>>2407305
birth certificate my guy
>>
>>2387592
Thats not renewable bro, also very old technology therefore bad bro, us millenials have learnt to be kinder to the esrth dude. Ok.
>>
>>2379151
Who gives a fuck? Just abuse steroids. We're all gonna be endocrinal messes in 20 years anyways from the microplastics in literally everything including the air.
>>
File: 1654293642684.jpg (61 KB, 496x372)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>2381225
A shitty situation that generations of complacent individuals allowed to create. Jews really are correct in referring to goyim as farm animals. Not even all of them were complacent, a lot were complicit, gave jews monopolies on all sorts of products like diamonds in Africa or opium in China and firebombed Germany into nothing because of >Poland when Germany had no intentions of going to war with England. The English rather chose to destroy Europe, destroy their empire, and destroy their home country over a pointless world war over >Poland and hundreds of years of English-Hebrew Gentry seething over how Germany was mogging them industrially.
>>
>>2407305
Do you have a birth certificate and a social security card at least?
>>
You guys should volunteer at some farms ot garden and earns some work experience before applying at a farm where you can stay. Talk to the owner and ask to live above a maintenance garage or apartment. Being live in farm hand kicks ass and I have 240 acres to hunt, walk camp.
>>
>>2363577
I work in London and missed my stop and ended up in Grantham. The rent for a place to yourself is £400 -- pretty good!, and the train carriages are pretty nice though the ride is long and more expensive. I'm currently paying £900 and I hear retards all day bc I'm on top of a kebab shop, chicken shop (chicken shops drag the plebbiest people) and chippy across the road from a pub. Lesson learnt.

I am married to a fat slob parasite. I live and work in the concrete jungle. I want to get away, much like these people that get made fun of, though I have a good amount more money and I'm almost 30. Doesn't make much difference though. I want to just throw away what little I have and spend nights secretly sleeping in a tent on secluded wooded parts of people's private property/farm (where it's not totally infested with people). Spend my days at work and elsewhere. Save the money on rent and bills, though I think I mainly want to do it because I'm bored.
>>
Anyone have experience with larger solar panels and battery that could potentially keep a laptop charged?
Might end up homeless soon and don't want to lose touch with my only friends.
Have a smaller set of panels meant for hiking that works fine to keep my phone charged but I'm looking at these larger ones and it seems a lot more complicated to use.
>>
>>2409561
I mean working in London kinda ties you down a bit but maybe try and find somewhere more peaceful and live in a motorhome, I like it here in east kent but that might be a tad far for you. Either way I hope you find what makes you happy mate.
>>
File: washboard-lifestyle-1.jpg (120 KB, 1000x1000)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
>>2360420
In the 80's my mom washed my cloth diapers in the tub before hanging them to dry. Don't think we got an actual washer till i was almost out of diapers. Get pic related. Boil a pot of water if you really want warm wash water. When you're done dump it out.
>>
>>2410541
and take the sticker off, first
>>
>>2409585
Just use libraries and coffee shops.
>>
File: s-l400.jpg (30 KB, 284x400)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>2363416
Based yogurt bro, I've been using picrel but adding cup and a half of milk powder to couple of tablespoons of mix. Still makes great yogurt but at fraction of the price
>>
>>2410541
These things are great for off grid
>>
>>2411768
>I just did my nails
>>
>>2409585
folding solar panels are cheap, there are also battery banks equipped for wall plugs, etc. buy the panels, bank, and some smaller banks for your phone and let them charge on solar while you sip from the non-charging ones
>>
>>2411778
That's nice tranny but how do you do your washing?
>>
>>2357729
>Starlink
>Propane and propane accessories
How are you self-sufficient with these?
>>
Which panhandle is best panhandle area?
>>
>>2380195
Keep breeding pairs at at least cousin level. Then you should be good, I reckon. Ideally you want to select for health markers. If the animals are healthy it doesn't really matter that they are inbred. It also depends on the animal species. I know little about animal husbandry, but that is what I would do if I had to breed my own livestock without bringing in lots of new mates
>>
>>2413243
Don't be a pedantic dick
>>
How much solar is too much for a full time van life. I need to power a laptop, fans and a 12v fridge. Is 400w doable
>>
>>2387591
People started feeding chucks with grain bc we've a surplus of it since the green rev happened. You can feed them with many herbs, seeds, bugs etc wish if done properly wouldn't cost you a penny
>>
>>2367369
My rent in a city of less than 100,000 people is 1500 a month for a studio apartment. Plane tickets would be like 300 for two ways.
>>
>>2378896
Find rediculously large and overpriced areas of land that have forests for sale online. Noone will ever actually buy them for at least a few months probably.

Go hide behind the tree line.
>>
>>2409561
I am like the American version of you anon.

Everything exactly the same except I have to pay out 90% of my paycheck to the land Jew, and it's 100° in my concrete jungle because it's a desert animals were hardly ever meant to live in.

I'm sorry your a euro and finding wilderness to off the grid on is so much harder. Good luck my brother.
>>
>>2416073
sheep and birds
>>
>>2381817
The scratching and shit improves the soil but don't be a retard and allow them where you are planting
>>
bump since some people are lost
>>
>>2406131
sauce?
>>
>>2363828
Newfag
>>
bump
>>
I get why dogs are go to but are any herbivore guard animals ever viable?
>>
>>2426256
No.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.