[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 33 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Chris_McCandless.png (160 KB, 350x263)
160 KB
160 KB PNG
>Wants to leave mankind and go be apart of nature
>Lives in the first manmade thing he could find
?????????????
>>
>>2285437
>dies like a bitch
>is imortalized on a tibetan yak forum
The world will never know.
>>
File: 1641419250211.jpg (72 KB, 654x579)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>>2285437
>WEARS MAN MADE CLOTHES
>AND USED A MANMADE GUN!!!!!
>>
LET'S
>>
>go to outdoors forum
>start thread complaining about other people going outdoors
???????????
>>
File: rneojtkrn13.png (4 KB, 205x246)
4 KB
4 KB PNG
>>2285446
>go outdoors
>die
????????
>>
File: 1637082969736.png (338 KB, 900x1022)
338 KB
338 KB PNG
>>2285437
>Wants to leave mankind and go be apart of nature
>Is a man
????????????????????????????????
>>
>>2285437
>mistakes an elk for a moose
>doesn't find the emergency handline trolley less than 2 miles away
>eats plants he couldn't identify
>somehow fucked up smoking meat
>brought a fucking 22 to alaska
>packed next to no winter gear
>brought nothing to fish with
>so lazy he couldn't just build a shitty raft and float to the other side
>starved down to 60lbs out of stupidity
man, he was actually retarded
>>
>>2285524
I had to read the stupid book about this retard like 3 times when I was in school over the years and I'm honestly convinced it's a government psyop to dissuade people from leaving urbanized areas with how fucking retarded this guy was and the fact everyone highlights him as the go-to "leaving society behind" guy
>>
>>2285524
>>brought a fucking 22 to alaska
>>packed next to no winter gear
Yep, now i know you're even more retarded than mccandless
>>
>>2285612
the story is probably organic and actually happened but it being made the go to narrative for doing your own thing is def psyop propaganda
>>
>>2285616
oh ya I don't doubt its real. I don't doubt alot of random little things are real and picked specifically to discourage people. We live in such a gay world. I'm so tired of it
>>
>>2285437
Someone post the Nascar pasta pls
>>
>>2285437
>apart
you don't know what that word means, do you?
>>
>>2285677
OP obviously meant "a part" fag
>>
>>2285437
How did the bus end there in the first place?
>>
>>2286024
Aliens.
>>
>>2285612
>a government psyop to dissuade people from leaving urbanized areas
This explains /out/.
>>
>>2286024
I put it there
>>
>>2286024
Someone drove it
>>
>>2285437
Let's pretend his passion was Nascar driving...

Christopher McCandless sets off, from California in an old car he rebuilt himself (he replaced the fenders and painted it), on a trip to the Daytona 500. He only gets across the state line when he runs out of fuel because he forgot to fill it up. Instead of simply walking to the nearest gas station or flagging down help he decides to push his car over an embankment and set it on fire. He then proceeds to walk on foot to the nearest car lot (which happens to be in Mexico for some reason, mostly because he burned up his map in the car and he's been taking backroads.) He finds an old bicycle in a garbage dump and uses that.

He finally gets to the car lot and buys a fixer-upper for $50. Before leaving the car lot he has to change a tire, which he replaces with the solid rubber donut. He buys fuel and heads off to the Daytona 500 again. Only he's heading deeper into Mexico and eventually ends up broken down in front of, "Autodromo Internacional de la Jolla" due to no water in the radiator. The engine block has seized up. Luckily, there's a race about to start. Christopher...er "Alexander Superspeeder", who changed his name, pays the $125 entry fee for the race.

Unfortunately, Alexander Superspeeder doesn't have a race car. He does however have an old bicycle still. He uses the bicycle to race. He makes it only 3 laps before he is too tired to steer straight and veers off into a race car and is killed.

Some Jew picks up his story and writes a book about his life and how he followed his dreams. Another Jew makes a movie about it. Armchair racers around the world adore him.

The End.
>>
File: b1aHpjO7_400x400.jpg (47 KB, 373x373)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
Chris lived more in two years than most of us will live in a lifetime. Good night sweet prince.
>>
>THERE'S A BIIIIIIIIIIIIIG, A BIG HARD SUN
>>
>>2286024
From what I recall, the state of Alaska had planned to build a highway in that area and so they pulled the bus there via tractor in the winter and were going to use the bus as a place to shelter the road workers. The planned highway was subsequently cancelled but they kept the bus there as a shelter for hunters and back country travelers.
>>
>>2285612
I think you just underestimate how stupid the average person is.
>>
>>2287211
>some faggot dies there
>they remove the shelter so more people will die
bravo, chris
>>
>>2286868
why does he look like such a fag
>>
>>2287317
Because he's such a fag?
>>
File: Alexander Supertramp.jpg (163 KB, 1399x787)
163 KB
163 KB JPG
Christopher Johnson McCandless
1968-1992 RIP
>>
>>2285437
>uppity teens without father figure are retarded
what did you expect?
>>
>>2285616
>the story is probably organic and actually happened but it being made the go to narrative for doing your own thing is def psyop propaganda
agree
dumb leftist dies in woods
big government exploits death like usual for fear propaganda.
>>
File: 1640128519650.png (110 KB, 453x508)
110 KB
110 KB PNG
>>2285437
I hate all of the fucking retards who spout on about how McCandless is a great and inspiring guy. No. It's a cautionary tale to not be retarded when jumping headfirst into a place that kills the ill prepared and the starry eyed. If you want to emulate good ol chrissy boy, at least be prepared, do your research, go out and develop the skills and resources necessary to not die like a little, self entitled bitch
>>
Cutie wants to jump on his dick. Decides to gay inna woods.
>>
>>2286868
that fucking onions face
too bad he didn't survive so the wardens could've thrown the fucking book at him for all the poaching he did, stupid spoiled little rich nigger
>>
>>2287399
I thought his dad was in his life though.
>>
He would've died even with modern gear 'cos he ate the wrong plants. Kek.
>>
>>2286302
Came in here looking for this
>>
File: poncho chad.jpg (59 KB, 640x640)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
>>2285612
>it's a government psyop
unironically blew my mind and i completely agree now.
>>
>>2287314
A bunch of people died trying to get TO the bus as well
>>
>>2288703
All of them got Isekaied. Thanks Bus-kun!
>>
>>2285437
>edgy furry can't go to mexico with his friends
>>whats the next edgiest thing
>>i'll go survive in nature forever, except that i'll come back after about a week
>dies like a retard
>edgy middle schoolers who hate their stepdads hail him like some edgelord god
>>
File: Poolie Penguino.png (312 KB, 380x558)
312 KB
312 KB PNG
Working new clothes for Penguin Heist. Taking some inspiration from the clothes that existed in Club Penguin!
>>
>>2285437
imagine not bringing a fucking map and not noticing for 120 days that your energy intake is a meme, then dying 20 miles from the highway you came from
>>
>>2289206
>dying 20 miles from the highway you came from
Was this explained?
>>
>>2289847
He was probably delirious

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.