[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

What is your favorite environment to go on a /out/ing in
>>
god this board is a travesty, thousands of shitposts and zero responses to an actual relevant question.
I love a boreal forest in the mountains. Oscillates between intimate/dense and wide open. Easy and plentiful firewood. Usually dry climate, so either clean needly ground in the summer or easily managed snow in the winter. no mud or slushy bullshit.
>>
File: PicsArt_07-31-06.48.17.jpg (2.43 MB, 1473x2618)
2.43 MB
2.43 MB JPG
>>2285415
Temperate or boreal forests
>>
>>2285453
Boreal forests are beautiful, I wish there were more in my state
>>
File: 1325295198001.jpg (25 KB, 429x410)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>2285457
>boreal forest
>pic shows temperate southeastern deciduous woodlands
>>
>>2285457
Nice gat. 5.45 or 7.62?
>>
File: PicsArt_01-03-12.46.49.jpg (2.2 MB, 2969x2969)
2.2 MB
2.2 MB JPG
>>2285462
Its the only pic of me /out/ that i dont repost to death. Hope this satisfies your autism.
>>
>>2285415
This collage is absolutely wrong: the climate or the tropical forest is actually a humid temperate forest, and the temperate forest is a Mediterranean forest, and the tundra is actually a high mountain alpine climate
>>
>>2285415
Grasslands, reminds me of camping out and pheasant hunting with my grandpa.
>>
>>2285464
You're definitely a fag on a larp but at least you took the live action part seriously, unlike the rest of this board.
>>
File: 20210920_192249.jpg (1.4 MB, 2816x1495)
1.4 MB
1.4 MB JPG
>>2285415
Semi arid mountains
>>2285453
Wanna know what worse than irrelevant shitposts? Assholes who bitch about irrelevant shitposts. Judgemental attempts to moderate the board's traffic really detract from the levity of conversation one expects on a Tibetan fingerpainting forum. Actually, people like that disgust me. There is nobody quite as repulsive as they are. In general they are such a worthless piece of literal shit that no human being with any sort of intelligence, unlike thier non-functioning brain that works as well as an 87-year-old downs syndrome mongoloid parapalegic retard, would ever accept them as a person let alone reproduce with them. Face it, faggot, nobody wants their awful traits in the gene pool.
There's one way out. Stop taking yourself so goddamned seriously.
>>
>>2285622
>responds to a generalized (and true) observation with targeted and out of place rage
>"stop taking yourself so goddamned seriously"
have you considered therapy?
>>
File: 1608704419775.png (9 KB, 478x265)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
>>2285622
gatekeeping is a good thing, newfag

>muh tibetan fingerpainting forum
you have to go back >>>/pol/
>>
>>2285632
>>2285634
>more off topic bullshit
samefag kys
>>
>>2285622
>calling out the declining board quality is as bad as shitposting
Fuck off tourist.
>>
>>2285641
It's WORSE than shitposting, you self appointed janitor faggot. Imagine wanting to, but not being able to, do it for free
>still 9 posters
>>
>>2285649
Oh you're just trolling.
>>
For me it's aspen parkland. The transitory space between the prairies and the boreal forests of the North. Having grown up there it's home, but having lived in few other times now I can see what's so special about it.

When you see the wind blowing in over the tall grasses, before hitting the aspen and igniting the entire world into shimmering motion, you feel surrounded in more life and vibrance than you would ever think existed on God's green earth.
>>
File: download (18).jpg (412 KB, 968x629)
412 KB
412 KB JPG
>>2285415
hiking and camping in tropical forests makes me feel like crocodile dundee
>>
File: hinklerunwv2.jpg (141 KB, 1080x810)
141 KB
141 KB JPG
For me it is lush broadleaf deciduous dominant temperate mesophytic (leaning rainforest but not quite) forest with conifers interspersed in sub alpine areas up on the allegheny plateau where everything feels dense and alive. You don't get that feeling in many other places.

I like following old logging roads/railroads along creeks. Views are nice, but creeks are more continuously immersive environments visually.
>>
>>2285632
>>2285634
>>2285641
>>2285653
These are all the same person. He's been spamming this board for months accusing everything of being a larp like some backseat janny.
>>
File: Troll youmad.jpg (7 KB, 261x193)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>2285653
Welcome to 4chan. You are here forever.
Enjoy your stay.
>>
>>2285415
I don't go out because I'm a NEET shut-in, but for me(I view myself as powerful and attractive wolf person) it would be a cold green forest environment with mountains and rivers.
>>
File: dog 9.jpg (1.25 MB, 2448x3264)
1.25 MB
1.25 MB JPG
I almost only have experience with temperate forest so I have to pick that
>>
Xerophile forest
>>
>>2285415
boreal>temperate>freshwater>tundra>grassland>marine>rainforest>savanna>desert

if your white you say boreal everytime.
tundra honestly kida sucks but ive never been to a desert
>>
>>2285827
Have you ever swung and missed so badly before?
>>
>>2285457
>>2285462
southwestern Appalachia in the spring/ summer months is, essentially, a rainforest.
cant source, but i read somewhere that that area is one of the most biodiverse areas on the planet.

>>2285622
Wanna know what worse than assholes who bitch about irrelevant shitposts?
assholes who bitch about assholes bitching about irrelivant shitposts.
Judgemental attempts to moderate the board's traffic really detract from the levity of conversation one expects on a Tibetan fingerpainting forum. Actually, people like that disgust me. There is nobody quite as repulsive as they are. In general they are such a worthless piece of literal shit that no human being with any sort of intelligence, unlike thier non-functioning brain that works as well as an 87-year-old downs syndrome mongoloid parapalegic retard, would ever accept them as a person let alone reproduce with them. Face it, faggot, nobody wants their awful traits in the gene pool.
There's one way out. Stop taking yourself so goddamned seriously.

>>2285783
went to san isabel forest in september, fall colours were gorgeous, can see why they call it colorado gold.

>>2285786
>squish squish squish squish
>>
Growing up on the coast of california, my favorite outdoor persuits involve the ocean

One thing my friend and I do is we'll kayak out to sea at night, strap our kayaks together and camp until the morning, we wake up surrounded by sea; its hard to beat that feeling
>>
>>2285415
I'm white so, freshwater, boreal or tundra.
biased though because that's what my province mostly has.
>>
>>2285461
Boreal can get a bit boring in flat areas, but it can be beautiful with all the moss and lichen. As a Canadian, we steward the boreal forest - it's one of the last complete forests in the world. Luckily no one lives near it so you can enjoy it in peace.
>>
>>2285415
Eastern Australian Temperate Forests
and Australian Temperate Rainforests
Nothing beats ravines/gorges, rainforests, and freezing cold water to swim in.
>>
>>2285784
>tropical forests
>crocs
dry/wet eucalypts aren't tropical forests unless you're talking about Queensland Tropical RAINforests but you'd have more luck finding Dundee in a wet eucalypt
>>
>>2286277
t. never been to a temperate rainforest
there's a reason the abos never bothered civilizing when all they needed was plentiful around them
>>
>>2286336
i pretend the gators are crocs
>>
>>2285415

Grassland. I just love the meadows on a hot summer's day.
>>
>>2285415
For me it's the desert, although I've only been to those of the American west. I'd like to go to the Sahara one day so I can pretend like I'm in Dune.
>>
>>2285415
Marine is most surreal
Grassland and Temperate Forest are most comfy
Tundra is the most beautiful
>>
>>2285415
All of them except marine and tropical rainforest. Tropical rainforests are full of snakes and bugs. Temperate Rainforest is dank though.
>>
>>2285415
I honestly don't have a favorite, but if I had a gun to my head I would maybe say temperate eeks ahead purely because of my upbringing. each has its positives to me and each contains chances for my absolute favorite activities.

>>2287443
Been to the Sahara, it's absolute fucking misery. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't stuck in that area for so long.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.