[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 10 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 643786653874626.jpg (3.8 MB, 3504x2336)
3.8 MB
3.8 MB JPG
>Want to learn to hunt Coyotes, study up online and from experienced friends
>Scout for Yotes, ask local ranchers where they have seen them
>Shower with scent remover and wear environment appropriate camo
>Find a good spot and set up with predator call around dusk
>Shooting position is down wind, obscured by brush and forest
>Don't make a peep
>Try various calls, include prey animals in distress, coyote pups in distress, females in heat, locators, etc.
>Don't see a single coyote, go home empty handed everytime

What the fuck, am I just retarded? I was told coyote hunting was fairly easy because it wasn't hard to lure them in. I'm a fairly inexperienced hunter but I've been able to get up close and personal to deer and moose. What am I doing wrong with these bastards?

Also, Coyote/Predator Hunting and Trapping General I suppose. Gonna be a cold winter boys
>>
Death to Coyotes
>>
Fucking things walk through my neighborhood nightly. Practically run into them mountain biking
>>
>>2285363
I have the same issue as you. I have no issues seeing them when I'm fucking around on the farm without a rifle but the moment I set up to actually hunt the fuckers they're nowhere to be found
>>
File: PicsArt_10-03-10.21.11.jpg (1.25 MB, 2618x1473)
1.25 MB
1.25 MB JPG
>>2285363
What do you use for a caller? You might be fucking up your calls if you are using a diaphragm caller. Cheap electronic callers like the foxpro patriot are also too quiet and lots of times coyotes just dont hear them.
You try baiting yet? Ive had decent success using a carcass when calling fails.
>>
>>2285432
Johnny Stewart Executioner, I always put it on full blast since its windy as fuck up here in Hyperborea

Never baited, what do you use?
>>
>>2285434
>Johnny Stewart Executioner
Oof, i might see your problem. Budget callers suck and are basically a scam most of the time. I was able to call in one or two yotes with my old foxpro patriot, but there was a night and day difference when i got the Shockwave.
>what do you do for bait
When working on my great uncles ranch i used mounds of Prairie dog corpses and a caller or if a cow died i used that.
In deer season i use the deer i shot as bait. Check your local laws tho, not sure if every state is cool with baiting.
>>
>wake up
>shoot coyote off porch
>get dressed
what is so hard about this?
>>
>>2285363
Want to hunt foxes. Want to DIY a call. Daytime only. No electronic calls (because stupid laws). .22lr hollow points. Gimme advice.
>>
Did some looking. Seems like you can cut the neck off a balloon and just stretch either side of the neck out and blow. Get a bag of balloons from the store and you'll have quite a few calls, even if they slowly rip and tear. You can also fill a balloon and do the same, but my shitty balloons stretch unevenly and would end up bursting and scaring everything off. This guy is overthinking it IMO. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgcB9f4PMC0
>>
Okay, if you're going to try that call I recommend small water balloons. Mine was way too thick and I was getting low tones out of it and had to pinch off half the neck's width to get rabbit-like sounds out of it. Otherwise it was horrible. Might just pin some balloon necks to a block of wood to make it easier on myself. Yeah I guess I could just buy a fucking call at this point but where's the fun in that?
>>
>>2285363
What do you do with the bodies?
>>
>>2285429
>>2285363

They know.
>>
>>2285363
Trying to get a fox to come back to a spot I spotted one before. Similar difficulties here. I think I'm going to try the styrofoam on glass trick to call one in. Fieldsports Britain on YouTube shows that off in a couple videos, so I'm curious.
>>
Just pick up a road killed deer drop it in a field and wait.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.