[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 39 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Other than the views, which I admit look beautiful, is is really that good of a place for actual /out/ activity
>thru hiking
>fishing
>hunting
>required gear
Convince me that it isn't overrated.
If anything else, the south east coast or more tropical climates in general are slept on. As long as you have waterproof gear and a bug net I find the /out/ experience here much more preferable then camping in colder mountainous areas.
>>
>>2284565
Most of the south is located on coastal plain so it can be pretty flat and monotonous sometimes, while the PNW goes straight from beach to mountains and has things like cold rainforests. There's a lot of geological diversity in that small region while the south which is mainly just one giant sandy pine forest with swamps and stuff.
That being said, the west coast was historically the place where all the degenerates and other people that couldn't fit into society ran off to, which is why they're so stuck up and faggy today. Shame really, beautiful region ruined by its people.
>>
>>2284565
we have a much lower population density than most parts of the country.. assuming at least that the i-5 sewage pipe bringing feces from CA slows down eventually.

But oregon for example: aside from portland, eugene, and salem there aren't any cities with over 100k (medford and bend are getting close, but not there yet). so you have a very diverse set of climates (we literally have everything other than tropical) here, with not a ton of people to fuck it up.

Because you can't really enjoy the outdoors around hordes of people. i'm sure upstate NY is great for hiking/camping, but too many people absolutely fucking ruin it.
>>
>>2284565
I do wish we had fireflies. spent a summer or two in MO, and those little fuckers were great.

would i get in trouble if i introduced them here in oregon? =/
>>
File: 1623519719497.jpg (1.86 MB, 2173x3254)
1.86 MB
1.86 MB JPG
>>2284597
MO Bro here do you all not have fireflys out west? I have never been to the west coast so I thought fireflys were a synonymous thing across America but I agree when they are in their peak during high summer they are beautiful to watch from my hammock.
>>
>>2284565
I will live and die in these southern swamps fuck snow and big rocks
>>
>>2284565
It’s not overrated, the PNW is truly beautiful and unique. What ruins its unique beauty is social media drones overpopulating trails for likes and clout. There’s nothing wrong with i-5 newbies and soft-handed seattle/CA people getting their yeezies a little dirty to experience /out/. The problem is these people don’t respect /out/ as a finite shared resource that is degraded by shitty behavior like littering and trespassing. The PNW is great, but there are too many shitters in it.

t. Eastside WA
>>
>>2284565
This place is horrible, you don't want to visit either, we're also very full too.
>>
>>2285789
>he actually goes outside
I don't think you understand the point of this thread.
>>
>>2285452
They do not. They're quite magical to those who have never seen them IRL. I've heard some people have thought they were movie inventions.

I thought the same about tumbleweeds until I drove through Nevada, lol.
>>
>>2285789
Edward is talking about the denizens of the PNW in your pic.
>>
>>2284565
So it just seems like it's down to personal preference, like always. Couple of things
- almost no elevation where you're from, might as well go car camping
- more elevation = more secluded spots to get to. Guess who that filters out?
- More seasons = more activities. If you've invested enough into being outdoors then you can be outside the entire year doing all sorts of activities
- lower population density = less people = more spots to get to = better outdoors experience
- not sure what it's like south of the border but a lot of the good spots are accessible by FSR only
- a lot of good alpine with reasonable elevation
>>
OP, you are 100% right. Move to Florida.
>>
>>2285865
Tumbleweeds are an invasive species from Russia, FYI.
>>
I do not get why this board is so scared of Indonesia and third world oceanic island states.
They are cheap and incredibly /out/.
You can live in remote Indonesia for a year on a one month salary.
Save for a year, ripp some people off including your employer and government and spend the next ten years living in comfort on a remote island eating fruits of trees.
>>
>>2286072
Men do not wish to live in a jungle filled with humanoid monkey people.
>>
>>2286076
>dealing with living in the vicinity of <80IQ tribal people who hunt with sling shots and sticking their machette on a branch as a spear
kino
>dealing with schizo, gas car driving, hyper autistic neighbors who will make your life hell for not respecting their government given rights
cringe
>>
>>2284565
It sucks. Ignore the hype. Never go there: it rains constantly and is always cold.
>>
>>2284565
>can hike through the entirety of idaho
>only one decent park in south florida
gee i dunno
>>
>>2286085
><80IQ tribal people who hunt with sling shots and sticking their machette on a branch as a spear
That's harsh but a fair description of Florida.
>>
>>2284565
yes, I sure love camping in 80F+ and 95% humidity where every bug known to man is buzzing around you while you’re desperately trying to not be sticky from constantly sweating. Zero terrain, people everywhere, boring tourist filled coastline. Everglades are cool for a visit or two until you’re avoiding cottonmouths and gators.
Explain to me on your highlighted map where there is memorable through hiking? Fishing and hunting is miles better where there’s actual forests and lakes, not a jumble of trees and swamps. You legitimately cannot compare. The southeast is a fucking travesty
>>
>>2286056
>better outdoors experience
= more people
>lower population density
= more people from LA and SF or NYC

sounds shit
>>
>>2284565
>fishing

fishing in the south is all polluted with garbage. i'll fish clean streams in the mountains all day pussy faggot hick
>>
>>2286968
as if the people from miami, tampa, and atlanta are any better and you have to be in vicinity of them 24/7 where as out west it’s just in passing. flordia is so disgustingly packed in that you have to go out to the fucking swamps to get away from anyone and the you have to deal with the drunk hillbillies
>>
File: arse.png (135 KB, 156x288)
135 KB
135 KB PNG
>>2284565
>is this place with numerous biomes (including unique ones), the sea, and huge mountains really that good for outdoor activities?
>>
>>2286072
ITS HOT
>>
>>2286968
you think where you're from is any better? If the trail isn't developed and has even a smidge of elevation gain (which will be higher than any "mountain" you have out there) it filters out 90% of the crowd that you'd typically find from where you're currently living, so it's infinitely better
>>
>>2284565
I moved from the south to the PNW for work, but also because I just couldn't fucking take the humidity and the undergrowth anymore.

There are places that are shit and places that are cool in both places. If you want to find cool places you're going to have to actually go outside and wander around for them. But goddamn I just couldn't do the 98% humidity and fucking wall of poplar regen in the pine plantations anymore. I honestly feel a lot happier living in the northwest just because its not as hot and muggy. Don't misunderstand, it was still 115 this summer, but it was more bearable than 95 in south GA.

>I work outside btw
>>
>>2284565
I've lived in near-rural Shohomish County, WA for seven years now after moving from the East Coast
And
I
Still
Hate
All
The
Fucking
Rain
Appeals are pretty much everything you listed, otherwise the climate is dog ass for 2/3 of the year and the people are just as bad
>>
>>2284565
The south is fucking CHOCK FULL of niggers. You can't go anywhere without being barraged by hundreds of niggers.
>>
>>2286975
>He doesn't wear them brim out in the pond.
Cringe desu senpai
>>
>>2287707
This. It sucks.
>>
>>2288619
Literally nobody calls any southern state based red
The based red states are midwest and the ones east of the rocky buttplugs
>>
>>2285789
>blaring UNGA BUNGA BIX NOOOOOD music
>litterers
>crowds of pajeets and changs in 3 thousand dollar jackets in 50 degree weather
In Washington you have a 2 month period from late September-November, and early march to avoid crowds of people at any spot you find on google maps. I am going to work on making a WA /out/ guide with lots of footage this early spring.
I just moved to Burg, is there anywhere in Eastern WA you can go /out/ unmolested in the winter? My stock jeep cant handle the snow.
>>
>>2285865
Bong here. I thought they were fantasy until I saw them when I camped in Monaco. Litterally couldn’t believe my eyes.
>>
File: Owl Shitty.png (466 KB, 493x335)
466 KB
466 KB PNG
>>2289040
>Litterally couldn’t believe my eyes.
>>
>>2288619
What good are White men that hate themselves and consistently act against their own self-interest? At that point, I'd rather take the niggers. At least they're too superstitious to go innawoods.
t.registered coonass
>>
>>2286944
kek
>>
I live in British Columbia, about an hour east of Vancouver and I love it so much here. I live a stones throw away from a river that changes every year due to annual flooding. I'm surrounded by mountains with a kajillion hikes. Two very large lakes nearby, ones a ten minute drive the other a 30, Only an hour away from the ocean, and at the junction that allows me to either go north or east, two extremely different but equally beautiful biomes. Couple problems though. It rains a ridiculous amount, winter and spring are just obscenely wet. Summers get extremely hot on the other hand, some wildfire danger too. Also the city I'm living in is slowly but surely getting taken over by rich fags from Vancouver and Pajeets. Housing market is also insane. For an 18 year old like me who will likely live with my parents forever, its honestly perfect
>>
>>2284597
>Could I get in trouble if I introduced them
cityiot liberal detected. just stay inside or kys
>>
>>2289597
>cityiot liberal detected
yeah, no.
invasive species and such.
>>
>>2289644
they're fucking fireflies
there's a reason they haven't already spread to your area
>>
>>2284597
Figure out what fireflies are local to your area and order some from an insect supply house. If you don't have any species that are local... don't.
>>
>>2286065
Fuck off he's wrong don't move here. Move to Virginia or something. They've got mountains or something cool like that.
>>
Florida
>DeSantis
>Trump
>0% state income tax
>year round growing season
>lots of cheap beaner slave labor
>ports
>cruise ships
>tropical sandy beaches
>women in bikinis and daisy dukes 10 months out of the year
>stand your ground laws
>Sheriff Grady Judd
>flat, smooth roads for excellent gas mileage

PNW
>literally none of the above.
>>
Eastern WA bros, where's a good place to live that is relatively close to big city amenities but fairly rural but reduced threat from wildfires?

Spokane is a bit too urban but I do like it's location. Tri-cities just sucks. Clarkston smells like shit from the paper mill. Pullman is too small for me - I want access to a costco. Wenatchee burns all the time.

What do?
>>
>>2291175
partial to walla walla. costco in tricities is like a 35 minute drive, but not like you need to go there every day.
>>
>>2287707
>>2288296
Have lived up here for 16 years near Puget Sound, can confirm that the rain sucks. Came from South Texas before this though, and being in a state where the predominant colors are brown and gray definitely sucks more than the rain.

PNW is so green that its probably green from space. There's probably some bits that are overrated, but lets be real here - people are shit everywhere, things are shit everywhere. Its shit all over.

WA and Oregon each have less people in the entire state than New York City by itself - its beautiful up here, and the politics are only shit because all political power has been monopolized by a small political class that is totally divorced from their constituents in needs and lifestyle, just like every other country on Earth.
>>
>>2287709
What about their girls bubble butts
When I was in the PNW there were chemtrails
I'll take bubble butts over chemtrails
>>
>>2291168
This is retard bait.
>>
>>2284565
Cascade and Olympic mountain ranges and some parts of the northern rockies are a temporate rainforest so the weather can be kinda shitty most of the year.

I prefer the more arid inland northwest personally.
>>
>>2291168
Washington state doesn't have state income tax either, retard
>ports
What is Puget Sound
>>lots of cheap beaner slave labor
Why would i ever want this?

Like >>2291553 it's retard bait but I guess I'm a retard

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.