[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 195 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor applications are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!

File: Ewln9NCVcAITHu0.jpg (527 KB, 2048x1358)
527 KB
527 KB JPG
Do you like going on road trips?
>>
>>2267740

Have driven from the east coast to the west coast twice and it was fun seeing the country as someone who has spent most of their life in the north east and midwest. Up until that point I'd flown to cities all over the country, but never experienced being in middle of nowhere places outside of where I'd lived.

That being said, road trips are kind of expensive for my taste. I cannot for the life of me get any quality sleep in a car and only sleeping options are hotels or camping (lots of planning required). I've also looked into renting an RV but that gets expensive as fuck.

Also, eating on the road is expensive. I only eat out once a week to save on groceries. Road food options are much more limited.
>>
yes and no. cheaper than flying is always nice but it takes too damn long. the scenery and long silences are very calming.
>>
>>2269181
this, I like seeing the trucker and nightshift roadstop culture. speeding in the dark while slamming redbulls and listening to some throwback music is super fun too.
>>
but OP is right, it's very expensive and there's not consistent campsites along the I-5.
>>
Im not a fan of driving long stretches of time, but if I can hand over the wheel after 2 hours and we make a few stops along the way, yes road tripping is great.
>>
No
>>
>>2270039
>cheaper than flying

Haha, you can fly LAX to JFK round trip like $100 if you book it like a month out (using prices for Jan/Feb).

Driving would be 2,800 miles each way. Not even accounting for food, lodging, miles on the car, you are still paying a shit ton more in gas than you are on the plane ticket.
>>
>>2267750
How does road food differentiate from camping food? Just bring a gas stove and cook your own like you would when camping.
>>
>>2270448

I'll bring some basic camp food with me to hold me over and have an insulated cooler bag with me that has additional food, but

1) Its a lot easier to live off the same shit inna woods when there are no other options around. Plus, anything tastes good after covering 16+ miles.

2) Part of the fun of a road trip is the different food in my opinion. Like when driving through the south and trying the different varities of BBQ.

Of course the cost of food pales in comparison to the cost of hotels.
>>
>>2270885
You can get airbnbs for 40-60 in most places
>>
>>2272289
I remember car traveling with my vegan friends and eating their shitty, same, overpriced food for two weeks.
>>
>>2267740
Sure. Apparently it was a lot more fun before they built the interstates and you really had to crawl your way through the country. GPS takes some of the mystery out of it as well.
>>
I drove from Georgia to Colorado and I will never do it again. There were some nice views but I would rather sell my virgin ass than become a truck driver.
>>
>>2270048
>it's very expensive
>along the I-5
That's your fucking problem. You live in California where gas prices are nearly twice the national average. That adds up quickly.
>>
>>2270374
Roadtrips scale much better than flying the more people you have.
>>
>>2273855
Truck driving is great. You get paid to meditate.
>>
>>2271066
Lol no you fucking can't. You can get a literal campsite on Airbnb for that price or maybe a private room in somebody's house but for an old house that is dilapidated but at least its a full house you don't have to share it is generally 140-180 a night in the mountains here.

Road trips are about planning and flexibility.

I recommend saving a list of possible destinations to your notepad or google maps. Google maps makes it easy to save gps coordinates as favorites and you can also add a note with details like what the hours are for a museum or coffee shop or historical information if you like.

We bring a large cooler for overnight trips and I try to bring/make as much food as possible.

Generally road food is going to consist of sandwiches and something that can be wrapped and eaten on the go.

Chips, pretzels, fruit, chocolate rounds it out.

>>2273464
If you are taking a road trip and spending most of your time on the interstate you are doing it wrong.
>>
I enjoyed
Ive done 3, one up the new england coast in an RV which was enjoyable, one up and around huron and erie in an RV to see relatives which was enjoyable, and one from east to west coast in a pickup to go and grab some of my grandmas crap after she passed. that one was alot of fun but it gave my dad a blood clot from sitting too much since it was still a quick pace with 7 hour driving days. Would do again but further south or further north, we went through VA->WV->OH->IN->IL->IO->SD->WY->ID->OR and while the sights were great id like to see ND, MN and north idaho or something new down south
>>
>>2267740
Anything over 5 hours of driving isn’t a trip, it’s a chore.
>>
YES. You get to see the world and the landscapes slowly change.. put on some tunes or have good company and get wheelin
>>
I'm planning to go on my first proper road trip when it warms up later this year. Planning to go from NJ to Ohio through PA, stopping several times for fishing and hiking.
Any essential information I should know?
>>
>>2278070
Yea I'm like this. I really hate driving in most situations.
>>
>>2267740
I grew up in the middle of SD traveling to do anything. The grocery store is an hour away and so is everything else that isn't gas or sold at a gas station which is still a half hour away. Anything fun is 3hrs away and I was raised on the rodeo circuit so sitting/driving anything less than 6hrs I don't even think about it I just do it. I average 2-4 40hr+ back and forth trips a year.
>>
>>2267750
>not sleeping in your car at truck stops and rest areas
amateur
>>
>>2267740
I'm new here and want to do a road trip across my state (South Australia) or my country (Down Undah). I'd like to visit the coast, but would also love hiking mountains and deserty areas. What's some tips for visiting the outdoors generally and Australia specifically? Do I have to plan out my trip and stop at a driver's rest stop every two hours for fifteen minutes like the rules say?
>>
>>2278991
I’m from SA. Have driven up to 2,500kms a week for the last 6 years or so, mostly north of Port Augusta.
What kind of car do you have? If you don’t have something with decent ground clearance, you won’t get far in the outback. It’s true that you can take any car pretty much anywhere, but it’s not really sustainable without major repairs n shit.
>>
>>2279008
I’ve converted the back of this. I have a single mattress over the rear drawers and a folded-down rear seat. I pull over and sleep literally wherever I get tired. I just put my mosquito netting over the rear windows and roll them down a tad, then jump in bed.
>>
>>2278102
Travel westbound go northern PA if you want good camping, there’s great camping near the Allegheny forest. On the way back you should go through mid-southern Pennsylvania for the good food and to really get a feel of the place. A lot of history was made in Pittsburgh and the Conway train station, if you’re into that. You’re missing out if you don’t see as much of PA as you can. Ohio is nice but avoid the big cities and visit rogers flea market if you get there on Friday.
>>
>>2267740
My parents would take me on road trips when I was a child. I hated it then, but now I kind of miss that feeling of getting dropped off in the middle of fucking nowhere and exploring whatever logging roads were there.
This is probably the only reason I still browse this board.
>>
>>2278070
How could you say that about nearly the only situation in which you can listen to an entire audiobook at a time?
>>
>>2279168
>audiobook
kys faggot, books are meant to be read.
>>
>>2279168
Yea bitch youre supposed to read and drive at the same time
>>
File: limmy face.jpg (81 KB, 1200x675)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
>>2279180
He's fucking driving
>>
>>2279040
>You’re missing out if you don’t see as much of PA as you can.
Is PA really that good of a state? I live in NJ and been thinking of moving out in the near future. Property taxes are much lower in PA and gun laws are really lax compared to here, but all my friends who lived there say it's horrible, and I understand after seeing the shithole that is Philly and how thousands of spics are being imported there in the past year.
>>
>>2271066
>You can get airbnbs for 40-60 in most places

Sure you can, there will just be a $60 per night cleaning fee and local taxes added onto that.

$60 a night for airbnb? hahaha.

>>2279315
>Is PA really that good of a state?

I've lived all over, east coast, midwest and the west coast but spent almost a decade in Pittsburgh, PA. Pittsburgh was a nice balance of city with access to the county. Its a small city (population 300kish and just under 60 square miles), but it still had good restaurants, bars, good colleges (CMU, Pitt) and while there were plenty of sketchy spots, overall the crime wasn't as bad as other cities and people tended to have an education.

For nature, there were a few parks in the city that you could easily walk into and less than 15 mins later forget you were in a city. Frick Park for example was awesome. If you really want to go into nature, you can be completely out into the country in only a half hour or so. My friends and I would frequently do 16 mile hikes and only see one or two other people, a few times we didn't see anyone else at all. Def a good /out/ area.

As for guns, I don't know them currently but in 2017 there was no assault weapon ban or magazine capacity laws. Had a CCW permit which only requred going downtown for fingerprints and a picture, permit got mailed out just a few weeks later.

Philly is definately a big city, with a lot more crime and shit going on. Pittsburgh is smaller, chiller.
>>
>>2279180
Prior to writing all stories were recited orally
>>
>>2278102
Whatever the fuck you do, do not take the highway from Philly to Pittsburgh. It costs like 300 bucks for a cross-state trip. I circumvented it because I was broke and ended up driving through beautiful amish country.
>>
>>2267740
>Do you like going on road trips?
Yea I love the road and I’m a vanchad. I did three major road trips in 2020:
>Socal to Mississippi to Texas: 28 days
>Texas to Kansas to Colorado and back: 10 days
>Texas to Socal: 3 days
Right now I’m planning another long (15+ day) Socal to Texas trip going through northern AZ and northern NM.
>>
>>2267750
I'm getting a wagon type car and setting down a mattress in the back, gonna take it to quiet areas so I can sleep
>>
>>2280216

are you fucking retarded?
>>
File: 1637376241611.png (293 KB, 508x444)
293 KB
293 KB PNG
>>
>>2267740
>Do you like going on road trips?
It depends. Highway driving is dreadfully boring. Old narrow roads are were the fun is. The scenery is much nicer to look at and the roads themselves are a lot more stimulating.
>>
>>2267740
not with the 2 euro/l gasoline prices
>>
>>2267740
Yeah, roadtrips are better than flying. You get to stop and enjoy a lot of things along the way you wouldn't see otherwise. The US101 is my favorite, tons of stuff to do along the way.
>>
>>2283514
>Highway driving is dreadfully boring
worst ones are the ones where you have to drive 12 hours or more and you can´t even listen car radio because your friend/friends are sleeping and you got the night shift
>>
No. I am scared of cars. I don't trust anybody nor myself on the road.
These things are deadly weapons and they destroy any vista.

I hate cars.
>>
File: 20210812_094259.jpg (3.79 MB, 4032x2268)
3.79 MB
3.79 MB JPG
I love being on the road. I picked up a sweet old camper van last year and took it took out west. Did a mix of motels and camping. Camped with the van for a week straight throughout Colorado Wyoming and Idaho. It was a great time and I can wait to get back out there with some upgrades done to the van
>>
>>2280708
Are you working or how do you get all the long solid blocks of time to do this?
>>
>>2279180
His parents never read him bed time stories. I'm sorry for you.
>>
File: VanLoad.jpg (57 KB, 792x599)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>2267740
Got 6 days between classes so going to go to the Cairngorms and look for creatures.
>>
>>2289559
most of his mom's boyfriends buttfucked him in their cars.
>>
>>2289559
>These things are deadly weapons and they destroy any vista.
>>
>>2294149
handcuffs and bondage ropes
in a goddamn rape van

i don't know if i should feel creeped out or impressed by the sheer level of depravity on display here
>>
>>2294229
When I pick up hitchhikers I'll show them a few tricks and eventually I say I'll show them how to get out of handcuffs and once their cuffed I tell them the secret is to have the key.
>>
>>2294354
Okay incubus.
>>
>>2294354
the real road trip turned out to be all the STDs we made on the way
>>
File: gearjammer.jpg (7 KB, 259x194)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>2267740
Yes, but I have top be the driver.
Have done a few 20 hour drives all on my own, and even got to do a 20 hour round trip in a 26 foot box truck from Northern NY to Maryland and back when I worked for a vending machine company that was liquidating.
Honestly, if you like cars, trucks or anything along those lines, I would recommend road trips.
If you feel the need to be in control, or whatever, the feeling of transporting your friends long-distance in your vehicle is second to few.
Honestly considered cross-country trucking after my trip to Iowa this summer.
>>
>>2294354
Okay Mr Gacy.
>>
gonna turn my Honda Civic into a camper and roadtrip the pnw:D
>>
>>2277550
Just knock on peoples doors and ask if they will host your group. You'd be surprised.
>>
It seems like most of my road trips I end up driving mostly in the dark. That gets pretty old. Last road trip I got to bed pretty late after driving for 4 hours, but I got up before the sun and got to drive with the sunrise which was very enjoyable. I think my problem is that I try and get as much of the packing up and driving done as possible on days that I work. So I pack up and leave after work rather than leaving the next morning.
>>
>>2267740
never done one, planning a trip with two friends from Belgium to Albania though. pretty excited
>>
File: Capture.jpg (19 KB, 600x451)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
What's the longest stretch you've done in a day? I just had to get over that border.
>>
>>2278070
I agree with this anon. Did a cross country US road trip typical day was going to eat truck stop food for breakfast and dinner. Drive for 8 hours. Only stop at a national park for 10 mins to take photos. We never went hiking or anything outdoors, only driving for 3 hours stop for 10 mins drive 3 hours back. They literally sat on the couches and watched some documentary about some of the parks and decided that was just as good as going there irl. For that reason I hate road trips.
>>
>>2298957
went from Darwin down to Tas
wish I could have taken my time instead of rushing it
>>
>>2267740
Not really. I make myself go if I'm invited but I really don't like being so far away from my house and animals. Weekend trips a few hours away are better and you don't have to use vacation time.
>>
File: headline.png (178 KB, 515x432)
178 KB
178 KB PNG
>>2267740
Only in spring, summer and fall. I don't drive more than a few miles from home in winter and avoid interstates then - picrel
>>
>>2303320
You head SOUTH in the winter time.
>>
>>2304316
Sure but those of us who actually work for a living can't rotate between regions all year like retired RV-driving boomer assholes do
>>
>>2278102
Visit Amish country
>>
File: 20220204_071416.jpg (2.91 MB, 4032x3024)
2.91 MB
2.91 MB JPG
>>2294667
Do it.
>>
File: fiesta.jpg (867 KB, 1500x1000)
867 KB
867 KB JPG
>>2267740
It depends. Pic related is the type of car I have (not my exact car but the same model and trim), it's very small and cheap inside. The seats are comfy around town but after about 2-3 hours of driving my legs start cramping and I either need to pull over and walk around or turn on cruise control and move my legs around while driving. I don't know how people can do 8-10 hour drives without worrying about blood clots and shit.
As far as sleeping goes, I have slept in my car before but only in the back seat, or in the hatch with the rear seats folded down. My buddy has a Challenger that he takes on trips and will lay the driver seat all the way back...I can't do this in my car, it's not enough space and the angle is uncomfortable.
>>2267750
Liquid options help more IMO. A half gallon of milk will sit in your stomach and keep you full the entire day and costs about 4 bucks.
>>
>>2305673
swap it for a non turbo Volvo 240. or swap the seats for the seats from a 240. Unironically the most comfy seats i've ever sat in. It's unreal.
>>
>>2278884
>not sleeping in your car in dark church parking lots
absolute mongrel-tier travel tips anon
>>
>>2267740
I live to roadtrip, it's the only time I ever get laid
>>
>>2273953
Not if you're an enlightened car-sleeping manlet.
>>
File: IMG_2971.jpg (4.77 MB, 3888x2592)
4.77 MB
4.77 MB JPG
>>2280708
Northern AZ/NM is beautiful, anon. I spent a few weeks of Jan 2020 down there after road tripping from MT. Make sure to hit Chaco Canyon, it's a bit off the beaten path but it's amazing
>>
When I've got the money I plan to fly from Aus to US and drive the whole west side of the country. Probably fly in to LA, then up PCH to Washington, across to Montana and then to Yellowstone NP, down through the mountains to Texas for the space centre, then into the deserts for Area 51 (because why not) and all the national parks around there.
I'm ballparking 2-3 months for it, with lots of exploration time. Around here if I'm on holiday I'll just look at a map in the morning, find what looks interesting and go see it in the day.
>>
I liked it more when gas was cheaper. Lately I've felt more inclined to stay within 1-2 hours of home. Thankfully I never seem to run out of places to explore round here. Tomorrow I'm going to re-visit some caves that I haven't visited since I was a teenager.
>>
>>2280216
Pittsburgh to Philadelphia is roughly a 330 mile journey on the highway. That's one tank of gas. You're gay and retarded.
>>
>>2296454
YWNBAW
>>
If by myself then it's like meditation. If with someone then it's time to talk to them. If with more than two people then I'd rather kill myself.
>>
>>2310061
He probably means the toll roads.
>>
>>2310074
I drove from Wisconsin to Maine, down to Philadelphia, then back, and only paid around $150 in tolls. We drove 2k+ miles through Chicago, the Niagara falls area, Boston, and NYC. You're retarded for thinking that driving through Pennsylvania would be $240 in tolls.
>>
>>2267740
I did a few road trips with my Navy buddies back when I was in the service, but I much prefer solo roadtrips or trips with just a grill. That being said, I usually treat extended drives as something to get done with so you can reach your destination. I even drove from Chicago to Key West in one trip once (27 hour drive if I remember, never stopped to sleep and only ate fast food). I hit the mountains at like midnight and that was the worst part by far. It was dark as shit and being from Florida I was pretty sure I was going to just plunge off the side of a cliff into the dark.
>>
>>2280216
This but for a car it's like 60 bucks for a car with ezpass. The main reason you should avoid it is that it doesn't go anywhere good If you want to camp and fish go north and take 80, then you can at least hit the ANF and dip south towards Pitt. Plenty there. Maybe on the return take the long way along 30 and hit Caledonia or something. See some amish stuff. 76 is just desolate and boring.
>>
>>2279678
mostly by prehumans and nonwhites, the written word is one of the most powerful tools we ever invented.
>>
Road trips are the only fun thing left in my life. I love riding shotgun, driving down some country roads. Checking out some cool places and castles (Bavaria, Germany).
>>
Yeah, try to do a blend of /out/ and city stuff, only do 8-9 day trips so we try to pack a lot of different things in and unfortunately can't spend as much time or do as involved stuff as we like but we see a lot so it's still pretty cool to do a couple of short day hikes in different scenic areas.

Usually fly in to a location and drive to a destination 1000+ miles away, not too bad on price with friends.

With friends (3 people total):

I've done Vegas to LA (went east first so we did Grand Canyon (West, not GCNP), Zion, Glen and Antelope Canyons in Page, lave tubes in Flagstaff, Slide Rock in Sedona, then mostly non/out/ stuff unless you count zoos and whale watching as /out/.

San Fran to Seattle (Yosemite to Olympic) with (usually quick) stops at Muir Woods, near Napa, Whiskeytown/Shasta, Crater Lake, Mt Theilsen, Willamete NF near Bend, Base of Mt Hood and Olympic, plus city stuff along the way. Didn't expect there to be a lot of snow since it was early May but due to that we didn't get to do Rainier and St Helens maybe next time.

Yellowstone to Banff/Jasper, so mostly /out/ stuff like the main attractions of Yellowstone a quick hike in a state park in Idaho, Helena NF, a Flathead Lake trail, Glacier, some stuff in Fernie/Elko AB, the premiere lakes of Banff, Athabasca, some waterfalls in Jasper, short canoe thing in Emerald Lake in Yoho, and a couple waterfalls in Kootenay. Then boring shit before we flew home from Calgary.

NY metro area to the Smokies and back was also good, did bits of Shenandoah, Pisgah NF, Smokies, and Assategue

Also a few short trips to the AT in Harpers Ferry and Seneca Rocks in one, NY metro to Acadia with longer hikes there and White Mountains NF (solo), NY metro to Niagara with the top state parks of NY in between, some trails in PA on the way to OH (shithole, but I still wanna check out Cuyahoga), and a revisit to parks around Vegas like Red Cliffs, Spring Mountains NRA, DeVa, Zion, Bryce, and Dixie NF
>>
File: nadeshiko caught.png (2.47 MB, 1920x1080)
2.47 MB
2.47 MB PNG
>>2267740
I'm planning to drive cross country sometime this year, gonna be interesting for sure.
>>
>>2267740
I hate driving but like seeing new places. So it's a necessity for my goals, not an enjoyable part of any trip. I truly don't understand 4x4 enthusiasts.
>>
>>2310313
It is retard
>>
>>2267740
Yeah, its nice to put on a playlist or some audiobook and just soak in the scenery
>>
Only decent way to road trip is with a MPV or van so you can save on hotels. I flew from Japan to Seattle, rented a car in Seattle bought a Speed 3 in Spokane and drove to Key West and then to Houston. Many stops. Probably all up it cost me $35,000 lmao…2 months road trip of course. Fuck me dead hotels in the US are shit and over priced. Japan literally shits on the US. No niggers and they actually clean the hotel.

Would love to actually sell my fucking car mind you, it’s rotting in Fort Bragg being hooned by a Sgt, since the DMV in Spokane are useless faggots.
Been 2 years now lmaoo
>>
>>2311694
60 bucks just to drive a few hours on a highway? What the fuck? Thank god I live in texas
>>
>>2307921
You will be thrown out, by the local police, for this.

>>2278884
this one too
>>
Yes, it's my dream to drive across the country. Hiking would be nice but let's be honest most of it would be gay. I'd rather travel to specific areas then /out/. Driving at night is also comfy to me and makes me fall asleep even if I'm the one driving
>>
Yeah, they’re comfy.
>>
>>2267750
I had to take a road trip across my state with a teacher and it was so fun
>>
>>2319547
You really fucked yourself over.
>>
>>2267740
In the summer I'm going on a road trip from Washington to Texas then back. Any tips? Got a truck with a cap, probably just gonna throw some foam in the back and sleep somewhere secluded when I need to.
>>
>>2267750
Most efficient way to eat on road trip is to premake your own compact meals. It's really not that hard as long as we're talking about a trip of no more than a week.
>>
>>2267740
They're epic if you're with friends and you all agree to not use your phones.
>>
Road trips are nice.
>>
>>2329716
This sense I took one of his students on a trip to California for sex. It didn’t turn out too well for him. Also based Louisiana judge gave the killer/father a suspended sentence and community service, and all was well in the universe.
>>
>>2298995
How obese are your friends?
>>
File: minnesota.png (150 KB, 729x686)
150 KB
150 KB PNG
>>2298957
Its fun fun fun to see family.
>>
>>2307923
>this guy fucks
Get a load of this Chad guys
>>
File: file.png (401 KB, 872x734)
401 KB
401 KB PNG
>>2298957
It was... fun. Especially in peak winter through the rockies
>>
I love road trips.

Drove from LA to Portland to visit friends last March. Then in July drove to Colorado for a family reunion, followed by a road trip with my brother through Wyoming, Montanta, and Idaho.

In-between long trips I take trips out to the desert or forest for backpacking/camping.
>>
>>2270047
what was deleted?
>>
>>2278102
Roadtrippers is unironically a really helpful sight for planning them out, you can filter available campsites within 30miles of your route, places to sight see, outdoor recreation, etc. It'll show you the entire trip with drive times between locations you pick, calculate gas and overall drive time. It's $20 for complete access, but it's worth to really get the details hammered out.
>>
>>2298957
my mother can clear a 16 hour drive in one day from south ohio to south georgia/north florida to see family. she often does this multiple times a year. a real mad-lass
>>
>>2331382
I love that fucking video. That shit was ice cold and that dad regained his family's honor.
>>
>>2291747
what are the upgrades anon?
>>
>>2291747
>tissue box
>>
>>2343063
>issue, stoves ?
>>
I'm going from Miami to Maine with stops at several other states to see friends who have moved. I have an air bed in my car, but would you guys suggest a light tent for sleeping in instead of sleeping in my altima? It's going to be 16 days of roadtripping but spending some days at friends places in those two weeks. I've calculated 4 days worth of driving back and forth.
>>
>>2267740
I've driven about 65,000 miles in the past 5 years.
Live in the midwest. Driven to West Coast 4 times from LA up to Vancouver on different trips.
5 trips down south and Florida.
Haven't dont New England Yet.

Trying to drive the full length of every interstate and camp along the way,
>>
>>2343862
Most grueling one was when a college friend was getting married in LA and then a family member died and I had to be in Florida for a funeral in 3 days.
Left the midwest on a Wednesday and was back home 9 days later having been to both coasts.
Night 1 Grand Junction
2 Las Vegas
3 Los Angeles
4 Grand Canyon
5 Dallas
6 New Orleans
7 St. Augustine
8 Stayed in Florida
9 12 hours back to midwest
>>
driving is fun for about 5 hours of constant driving during the day, id multiply it times 2/3s or half for night time driving.
Ive done a few trips myself, a leisurely drive from DCish to bend oregon(i think we spent like 9 days taking it in and stopping in a buncha places), which was fucking amazing and i hope to do again.
a drive from DCish to Toronto canada(11 hours including me having border patrol look through my shit) which was alright on the way there but sucked ass on the way back, probably gonna do it again to see my friends.
Another one I did an RV trip from DCish to indiana to the UP to ontario to toronto through new york and back to DC. was good, nothing much to say.
took one from DCish up to maine, was pretty fun though i was pretty young so i dont feel like I fully appreciated it like i did the rest.
and the most recent one our flight got cancelled in salt lake city so I had to drive from SLC to bend oregon. this one sucked ass but was a good experience.
>>
>>2331382
>>2339749
>gets away with it
this story has two heroes if you count the judge
>>
>>2346703
Story?
>>
>>2267740
I like being high as fuck on psyhedelics while driving on roads, if that is what you mean.
>>
>>2267740
Can we all agree that driving through the I-10 corridor between west Texas and California is probably the worst drive out there? It’s all flat desert (and not good desert), and there are government checkpoints demanding to see your papers even if you don’t look like a Mexican. I-40 is pretty shitty as well but I think the really crappy section is between Arkansas and Albuquerque. Those two stretches of interstate are just wasteland hellscapes.
>>
>>2307929
Fuck off we're full.
>>
>>2349333
a weird post to sage
>>
>>2349314
i drove on mushrooms after the girl i was sleeping with's boyfriend came home from work and was mad i had fallen asleep on their couch. it was fun, felt like i was piloting a space shuttle or something. beam me up scotty
>>
>>2349307
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Plauch%C3%A9
>>
>>2305912
ahh good times in Volvo 240s, may be low powered but can still drift it if you commit
>>
>>2349751
Based
>>
i like to every few months
>>
>>2349355
I like mushrooms.
>>
What are you going to do when the government bans internal combustion engines?
>>
>>2356468
Use horses.
>>
>>2356468
Never gonna happen.
>>
>>2313308
Would you mind sharing your route your SF to Seattle trip? Was thinking of taking a road trip from San Jose to Olympic this summer.
>>
I hate cars, don't own one, and can't even drive.
I'll only get in a car when I absolutely have to, after exhausting all other vehicular options.

Cars are loud, dirty, they have no place in the environment and their users ruin the world with ceaseless hysterical screaming for roads.
Roads have no place in the environment either.

Cars are an astonishing waste of money, metal and minerals.
You could have 6 axeheads, or a wheel.
You could have 4 spades, or a wheel
A single car represents all the metal a family needs in their collective lifetimes.

Petrol is cheaper than fruit juice.
It comes from a perpetual war zone, spills into the ocean, pollutes the air and we NEED it.

Fuck cars.
>>
File: Red Deer River.jpg (516 KB, 1600x1200)
516 KB
516 KB JPG
>>2267740
I live for it.
>>
>>2267740
I'm mentally ill and can't have a driving license so I ride a bike
>>
I've done a couple good ones. Went from Edmonton to Helena to Yellowstone to Denver then across through Beave Utah to Carson City via highway 50. Then down to San Jose, San Francisco, and up to Portland, Seattle, Vancouver, then home.
Other one was Edmonton to Glacier NP, then Twin Falls, Salt Lake City, Zion NP, Vegas, Los Angeles then took the coast highway all the way to Port Townsend, then back to Edmonton via Abbottsford, Kamloops, and Jasper.
>>
>>2362021
Are you still in Edmonton? >>2360025 is at Red Deer River by Sundre
>>
>>2362426
Yeah, in the city.
>>
>>
File: not zed.jpg (260 KB, 1141x493)
260 KB
260 KB JPG
>>
>>2267740
Only west of the mississippi.
>>
>>2267740
>12/19/21
Kek wtf
>>
>>2368548
first time on a slow board?
/an/ had a tern thread going from august that just 404d recently and still has one about some goldfish shit from october
im sure the even slower boards like /po/ have even older threads
>>
>>2358348
ok faggot
>>
>>2368783
>goldfish thread
>is slow
Nice.
>>
>>2362021
>Edmonton to Glacier NP, then Twin Falls, Salt Lake City, Zion NP, Vegas, Los Angeles then took the coast highway all the way to Port Townsend, then back to Edmonton
That's way too much driving.
>>
>>2267750
Road trips defo too expensive in modern times unless y'all got a jobjob.
>>
>>2267740
no I fucking hate being in a car in general
I do like short night drives sometimes but that's it
>>
>>2267740
No car rides kill my back.
>>
>>2270374
>food
This is an expense normally so doesn’t count.
>>2279180
???
It is being read though?
>>
>>2294205
Awesome
>>
>>2373012
Road trips are only expensive now because gas is through the roof :(

>food
Same as always, except maybe a bit higher to budget for eating out more often

>accomodation
Camping is free

>fuel
This is killing me guys
>>
>>2373571
Just do a propane conversion on your car, propane is half the cost there like it is here right?
>>
>>2267740
I once drove 1000 miles (15 hrs) over 2 days (875 + 125) to ski and give a 15 minute presentation, then drove back (500 + 500). Don't regret it but it was exhausting
>>
>>2270039
Went from NY to CO in ~2 days on I-70 once. Will never do that pace or highway again. 40>80>bumpy backroads>70
>>
>>2373585
At that point you should've just flown.
>>
>want to go on road trip
>gas prices too high
>>
>>2267740
I absolutely do, especially in the summer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzrLb7tQZKs&ab_channel=AcidClear
>>
>>2358348
t. cityinsect who has never hunted
>>
>>2343844
That is a grim drive
>>
>>2310313
Why do eastoids tolerate toll roads?
>>
>>2313179
>the browner parts of the Mediterranean basin were writing before whites
>Persia was writing before whites
>China was writing before whites
>India was writing before whites
I get it man, whites rule the world now but lets not pretend we did it first
>>
>>2376922
How do you not tolerate them besides finding alternative driving routes?
If I had it my way, only out-of-state drivers would be charged by our electronic toll system since in-state residents already pay enough in taxes.
>>
>>2377596
You vote against them. The french burn them down. There are no toll roads in arizona. They already enslave you and steal 40% of your earnings why the fuck is it okay to steal money for roads you already fucking paid for by being a slave? Thd most disgusting thing out there is you guys put your tolls at the borders of you babby little states like highwaymen robbing people for going through you tiny state. Even more disgusting is when it is a FEDERAL interstate like delaware does to steal peoples money. Like burn that shit down you statist pussies. Set all those ez pass booths on fire.
>>
>>2377565
Do you not know about sumeria and the fertile cresent or something? Is this the power of state run american education?
>>
>>2377565
Mycenaean Greeks were not brown.
>>
>>2377666
Neither were the scythians. Eurasia was much whiter before the turkoids.
>>
>>2377639
>Set all those ez pass booths on fire
The EZ Pass booths in my state were taken down a few years ago. It's all electronic now.
What I usually do is drive on highways that don't have tolls. Much easier to do now that I no longer live in the city where they get you coming and going.
>>
>>2377675
So destroy the cameras. Public schooling truely is mental circumcision.
>>
>>2377679
>just risk imprisonment instead of simply taking different routes that get you to your destination just as quickly if you don't live in the major cities
>>
>>2377684
If everyone decided to destroy them as the french did they could'nt stop you. It's our horrific public education that neglects to teach any anarchist philosophy that does this to people. They teach social contract theory as if it were true.
>>
>>2377690
>If everyone decided to destroy them
Yeah, that's not going to happen. Good luck convincing anyone to stand up for anything besides BLM and abortions in the toll-heavy states
>>
>>2377696
I hope the lolberts can save us from this fake 2 party system with the power of their autism. They want to abolish public schooling, the irs, federal reserve, cia, nsa, fbi, etc. Then after the lolberts burn everything down we can rebuild with less corruption and no federal income tax, only state tax so insects in fucking nyc can have no control over somebody in idahos stolen money.
>>
>>2267740
When it's for leisure and sightseeing yeah. Not if I gotta travel like if I'm visiting relatives.
>>
>>2377640
>don't write a comprehensive list of every civilization to ever invent writing
>is this the fault of the american education system
I'm just lazy
>>
>>2377767
People actually go on road trips to visit relatives?
>>
>>2285667
What the fuck? Are your friends some kind of babies ?
>>
>>2380167
Townie alert
>>
whats the longest road trip you guys have been on?
any tips?
>>
>>2382069
in one sitting? 11 hours
in one trip? 1.5 weeks across the US
for doing one sitting i recommend leaving as soon as its bright out and bringing some music to listen to. driving 11 hours alone is actually alot easier than with people, as you dont have to engage in any conversation and can dedicate all brainpower to driving and contemplation, which makes time fly.
I assume you dont actually need tipes for a single trip as thats just enjoying whats on the way
>>
>>2267740
only if I'm alone, can't sleep for shit around another human being..last time I went with someone I had shadow dogs racing alongside the car and the center lines were flashy lights, fucking shadow people rushing towards me in the dark and shit.
>>
File: 1647006588073.png (268 KB, 680x606)
268 KB
268 KB PNG
>>2382146
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>2382273
no-one but druggie schizos understand druggie schizos
>>
>>2267740
I can't belive this thread it still going on
>>
>>2267740
Yes but only when I am alone. The sense of freedom is lost as soon as you have whining passengers who don't want to listen to AM radio or need to piss but refuse to piss on the side of the road. I enjoy driving but not chauffeuring.
>>
>>2382069
24 hours straight driving once
or 3100km in 8 days
>>
>>2385311
>listening to AM radio
>>
>>2278102
See Amish land then head NORTH. Northern PA is where you want to be for /out/ stuff. If you are coming from North Jersey just go through Honesdale and stay NORTH.
>>
File: as.jpg (236 KB, 627x600)
236 KB
236 KB JPG
>>2358348
Why can't we just bring back this guy
>>
>>2388956
the rich have monopolized control of this kemono friend
>>
>>2358169
Sorry anon, haven't checked this thread in a while. Most of the stops were /out/ related but if you're going to Olympic I assume you're ok with that. Also, it was 9 days so we did really short hikes/checked out must see spots, didn't get to stay long in many places which is unfortunate, but we also saw a lot in a short time. If you haven't done it yet:

>SF touristy shit (Botanical Gardens, Lombard Street, Presidio)
>Yosemite
>Back to SF for tourism/Golden Gate NRA/Muir Woods
>Napa Valley and Lake Berryessa "Glory Hole"
>Stayed the night in Redding
>Whiskeytown NRA (just checked out Lake Shasta for a few mins)
>WEED (LMAO), CA. My friends are annoying and wanted to visit on the way up but there are great views of Mt Shasta and some caves nearby
>Crater Lake scenic drive up rt 97 is great, but it was late April and the snow hadn't cleared so we went on rt 230 to get up to Bend, Mt Theilsen is on that road, great view.
>Bend, OR
>Proxy Falls in Willamete NF
>Mt Hood NF, wanted to get to Trillium Lake but couldn't (forgot why) so ended up going to Timothy Lake, it was ok but the views of the mountain aren't great from there
>Portland
>Columbia River Gorge NRA/Multanomah falls. Parts of the park have Lewis and Clark NHT run through it if you like historical trails
>Mt Rainier (couldn't actually get close due to road conditions, but could see it along the way, next time will go in June)
>Seattle, tourist stuff (Pike place, Volunteer Park, Space Needle)
>Crescent Lake, Sol Duc falls, and Sol Duc hot springs in Olympic. Stay near the river if you go to the falls to see salmon jumping.
>Back to Seattle, flew home

You may have to live off of rest stop fast food if you do it like that but if you have more time, I'd do a day at Rainier and add Mt St Helens. If you want to do a coastal trip, there was a spot in Oregon that let you hold baby tigers/bears etc which we couldn't get to and an aquarium in Tacoma I think that lets you swim with sharks.
>>
I hate cars so much it's unreal
>>
I just went from Souther Ontario along Lake Erie towards Cleveland, got rained on pretty hard first night camping and my gf was afraid of the lightening. Headed into the city to check it out and it started getting pretty hot, AC in car not working, at least can swim in the lake. Headed to Pittsburgh for 2nd night and had a cabin to stay in which was pretty nice. Pittsburgh was cool but we got fucked with weather again, nearly 40c with humidity. We didn't bother camping third night in Allegheny because severe storms forecast, and also tornado warning, I still drove through it and got home really late.
>>
Currently doing Maryland to Voyagers national park in Minnisota. Camped out in the Indiana Dunes National park and I’m finnaly in Wisconsin. I’m so damn bored
>>
>>2267740
haven't really gone since i was a teenager but they were the best parts of my life
>last kid awake
>completely exhausted because its 3am
>joke with dad while we listen to bangers on the radio as i nod between sleep and wake
i think this was my first spiritual experience desu
>>
>>2381244
yea thats fucked
If they expect you to drive alone while they sleep, they should expect to deal with some noise while they get all cozy in your
>>
>>2382069
14 hours
Tips?
make sure you have the room
>the cooler we brought forced tha passenger seat up too much, we could have brought a smaller cooler if we knew in time
think about when youre leaving and how that will affect you
figure out driving shifts before hand
if youre bringing kids or obnoxious friends make sure they have shit to do
car snacks, obviously

not much too it, just be prepared to be bored and have music/podcasts/audiobooks ready to go
>>
>>2393424
okay redditor
>>
>>2393424
based but also cringe
>>
>>2278102
Stop through Benton, PA and say hi to my parents
>>
>>2267740
They're ok, but..
I hate it while being a driver,always have to pay extra attention to the road and what's happening around so I am missing a bit on the view. Luckily, getting a stop is whenever I demand so that's that. ;^)
>>
Having a good quality cooler makes a huge difference.
>>
I frequently get car sick if I'm not driving. The likelihood is increased if I try to occupy myself (read something), even somewhat stressed, or most importantly if the driver isn't that steady - my dad was a terrible example. He'd constantly be tapping off and on of the gas (every half second it felt like sometimes) rather than gradually modulating pressure when it was required, and he'd try to avoid any the tiniest imperfection in the road. But while that's an extreme case I generally don't tolerate car trips except of the shortest duration, even when I drive I find it stressful unless I'm driving on an absolutely deserted road. I generally much prefer other forms of transportation. Whoever first put radios in cars was a genius - I can't imagine a long drive without a podcast or music.
>>
>>2267740
>when this thread was made, driving distances was an option
>>
>>2401404
>the oldest active thread on the board got crippled by... gas prices
This makes me irrationally upset.
>>
>>2279012
Could you show a picture? Im curious what it looks like
>>
>>2298957
I do CQ-BNE in a day and it nearly kills me every time. Did CQ-Atherton in a day not too long ago and that was ass. Everything after Charters Towers was a blur.
>>
>>2267740
my wife and i absolutely love going on drives in the country to see all the small towns and find secluded camping/hiking areas. we dont go as often these days since gas is almost double what it was last year.... but thats a more political comvo than i want to see on /out/
>>
>>2400131
>I frequently get car sick if I'm not driving. The likelihood is increased if I try to occupy myself (read something), even somewhat stressed, or most importantly if the driver isn't that steady - my dad was a terrible example. He'd constantly be tapping off and on of the gas (every half second it felt like sometimes) rather than gradually modulating pressure when it was required, and he'd try to avoid any the tiniest imperfection in the road.

Are you me? I mean I've sort of grown out of it, but I definitely still get car sick more than my friends. I can still go on long trips but if I read or already have a headache or I'm, dehydrated I get really nauseous
>>
>>2395341
You're probably not there anymore, but parts of the Ice Age NST in WI look nice
>>
best thread 2021/2022
>>
>>2400131
>>2404044
I regularly drive long distances and have driven for 8-16 hours several times and am always fine but 30 minutes with someone else driving is enough for me to start feeling uneasy. No idea why, because it happens even with people I consider good drivers, and it's only marginally improved by sitting in the front passenger seat.
>>
File: buckle-up.jpg (70 KB, 771x577)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>>2267740
Love it. Get to see all the different kinds of people on the open road. I love getting in a roomy comfy car with a bunch of friends and driving halfway across the country. Having some kind of screen to play movies on for everyone is a great move to pass the time. Always lots of good laughs and conversations and fond memories to make. Even solo, I'll listen to entire albums or listen to audiobooks or even stand up. Both are great. Just so fucking MAD that gas is so fucking expensive. I live in a state that sucks for /out/, so I have to drive at least a few hundred miles to get to anything interesting.
>>
>>2403799
Wife?
>>
>honk honk
hurry up in the gas station, we've gotta get back on the road !
>>
>>2403142
Technically it was a long time coming what with the green new deal and the fed printing like 40 trillion dollars in corporate welfare over a cold but you know market intervention and funny money! Capitalism!
>>
>>2338039
>Yeah, especially when at night.
>>
>>2267740
If gas wasn't nearly $2 Canadian in Alberta (cheapest in the country btw), I would do it more
>>
>>2411260
>low quality bait
here is your ONE (You)
>>
>>2411275
Where's the bait? In case you're too dumb to figure it out, the $2 CDN he's referring to is liters not gallons.
>>
you have already gotten your ONE
>>
File: licenseplate.jpg (233 KB, 1500x800)
233 KB
233 KB JPG
For those who have traveled extensively in the US, which state has the worst drivers?
>>
>>2411911
States I’ve driven extensively in, and not just through once or twice:
>Arizona
>New Mexico
>Texas
>Louisiana
>Mississippi
>Alabama
>Florida
>Tennessee
>Georgia
>Oregon

Texas drivers are by far the worst. They drive on the interstate like it’s IRL Mario Cart. It’s not uncommon to see cars zipping down the shoulder passed traffic. I’ve even seen it used as a pass lane. Just really impatient, emotional stuff and everything that goes with it (excessive speeding, swerving, tailgating). Lots of screaming and pointing. Also drunk Mexicans. It’s the most likely place to see people purposefully take up multiple parking spots. Not just a tire right on the line, but intentionally parking halfway in both spaces.

The South in general has inconsiderate drivers, which just bleeds over from the local culture. Gas pumps get treated like parking spaces while they’re inside buying big gulps and onions feed. In the cities, pedestrians absolutely do not have the right of way. Technically they do, but you’re likely to get rear ended if you stop for them, and the guy trying to cross the street will be utterly confused as to why you stopped. It’s the type of place where literally no one returns their shopping cart.

Oregon drivers are very heavy on their brakes. I don’t know what the deal is, but they hey like to come to very abrupt stops when traffic is building up. Tailgating is very commonplace there as well, but drivers are considerate, so it’s not the same kind of thing as the aggressive Texas retards. People stop for pedestrians; I’m always coming close to running them over, being from the South. Oregon drivers remind me of California drivers, but my experience there is limited.
>>
>>2267740
Car trips are fun. I liked traveling the US. You just have to be careful of crazies.
>driving out of Utah after spending two weeks hiking and visiting someone who turned out to be a catfish
>dropped down to Flagstaff to refuel
>had a guy at the Flying J threaten me at knifepoint to drive him to Boulder
>ran off when he realized i was carrying
>stopped at a rest stop in Albuquerque to sleep for the night
>lady comes up to my vehicle and says she'll have sex with me for gas or money
>is in booty shorts and a tank top, in February, and theres snow on the ground
>keeps looking back at a car full of men
>politely decline, and drive out to the next rest stop
>sleep until morning, get fuel outside of dallas
>meet up with cute backpacking girl looking for a ride out to Shreveport
>normally decline, but she offered to buy me lunch and paid for my fuel
>we talk for a bit and hit it off, kind of surprised really
>we have sex in the Love's shower room, and almost got caught
>drive out and chat it up the entire time
>tells me shes 36, used to be married, found out he cheated on her and had a kid with another woman, now shes divorced and backpacks when she saves up the money
>tells me she just came from the Lone Star hiking trail, did the PNW a few years ago, the Pinhoti Trail, hiked the Natchez Trace Parkway to Nashville, visited Mammoth Cave and Lost River Cave up in Kentucky, and was planning a hiking trip out in Mississippi in June
>tell her im from Mississippi
>we exchange numbers in Shreveport, she gives me a big kiss, and continues to text me until i get home
So far we have gone hiking together, she took me on the Pinhoti Trail, we planned to hike the Appalchian Trail but Covid happened, and now she either just hangs out at my house for a week or two and goes back to Shreveport or we do weekend hikes. Shes planning on moving down to Biloxi, living with me, and were thinking of trying the AT again.
>>
>>2305673
>without worrying about blood clots and shit.
Just don't be fat
>>
File: 1657255791645.png (910 KB, 1332x1420)
910 KB
910 KB PNG
>>2412646
or don't get the "vaccine"
>>
>>2412646
>Just don't be fat
Tbh that's asking a lot from 4chan.
>>
>>2412003

Wholesome
>>
bro they lowered gas prices ten cents until elections
we're back
>>
>>2349751
>At age 67, Plauché gave an interview where he stated that he did not regret killing Doucet and would do so again.
always based
>>
>>2278991
>I'm new here and want to do a road trip across my state (South Australia)
I'm from vic and I've seen more of SA then anywhere else in Australia, i've literally been almost everywhere (except yorke peninsula)
Eyre peninsula is pretty good. there are rest stops and camp sites on both sides of the peninsula accessible by a 2wd. National parks on Eyre peninsula require 4wd to explore properly. but especially lincoln national park has a normal / dirt road through it taking you to some of the beaches and lookouts, coffin bay national park also has a 2wd road to some lookouts and a beach but most of it is 4wd only.

anything inland really rerquires 4wd, at the flinders ranges you can go to wilpena pound with a 2wd, theres a caravan park and an iga with fuel. and some hiking trails.

get wikicamps
>>
>>2298957
Bowen to the gold coast, port augusta to melbourne, and did broome to townsville in like 4 days
>>
>>2412003
>hiking in Mississippi
There like maybe 50 miles total in the entire state
>in June
105° heat index for 12 hours a day (but it drops to 95° while it’s raining, then it’s a legit jungle).
>>
Gas still too much...
>>
>>2416574
pain. these mfers keep fuckin with my life. finally get all the plebs to go back to eating and boozing and out of nature and now its too expensive to drive anywhere.
>>
road trippingz been cool the few timez ive done it. im pretty fed vp with my life at the moment zo im taking a bvz trip from FL to zan francizco. gonna enjoy zeeing the wezt coazt again and being totally away from everything familiar, bvt only having arovnd 2k iz concerning. not zvre what will happen, maybe ill end vp rvnning into zome big artizt or event or zomething, who knowz? bvt overall i look forward to the trip.
>>
>>2414367
Hiking is still hiking. And you get used to the weather, just make sure to bring electrolyte packets and something to prevent chafing.
>>
>>2416614
Fucking right ?
>almost by design
>>
File: ketamine.png (2.58 MB, 700x3439)
2.58 MB
2.58 MB PNG
>>2323846
anyone gonna respond ree i leave soon
>>
File: IMG_1749.jpg (2.74 MB, 4032x3024)
2.74 MB
2.74 MB JPG
>>2418267
this was my setup for a road trip to idaho. it worked wonderfully for one person. get a decent cooler that can hold ice for more than a couple days so you dont have to buy ice all the time. bring a clean rigid piece of cardboard to use as a cutting board and use a multitool for you kitchen instrument. i brought a kitchen towel too. but other than that yeah, just dont make a nuisance of yourself. park places late or out of eyeshot if you dont want people hassling you. just dont make it look like you are living in your car and you wont catch ire like youre a homeless degen.
>>
>>2418267
>>2418344
oh and, feel free to ask me any questions. that was a pretty slapdash answer
>>
>>2418345
Thanks bro that helps a lot. I expect it to only take 3-4 days each way so I'll stuff a single cooler like yours and throw it in the back

Also your face is visible fyi
>>
>>2418349
lol yeah i know i saw that. good luck picking me out of the million other white dudes that look exactly like me.

dont get that cooler tho. that cooler was a piece of shit. it was like 20 bucks and the insulation was so bad it was basically just a box.
>>
Camping is free for as long as you want on BLM (Bureau of land managment) land. About 2/3s of the Midwest is blm. Just get a good hunting app that shows land ownership and you don’t have to spend a dime on a place to stay. I would recommend OnXHunt.
>>
>>2418377
The issue now is getting there.
"paying" for a site was never really an issue
>>
>>2420483
Bane ?
>>
>>2420483
lol, i know. but honestly, still cant find me. you could go to any walmart and find 5 dudes that look almost exactly like me. having generic features is a positive sometimes.
>>
File: jackbauer.png (536 KB, 1115x380)
536 KB
536 KB PNG
>>2420483
Hey look, Jack Bauer posts on /out/
>>
>>2420497
You look like every mechanical engineer ever.
>>
i used to go on road trips all the time with this really nice aspergers redhead girl and her husband. then i found out she was lying about her employment and working at the fbi when i had to do a security clearance interview for the department of treasury for her. i miss going on road trips with my glownigger handler. i wonder if they'll send another nice girl to hang out with if i start fedposting again.
>>
>>2267740
This may sound harsh, but I love road trips, just not with my wife. I feel the need to entertain her and talk the whole time. Which is fine, but I love just kicking back with a book and some junk food and riding 600+ miles. Even as a passenger I feel like I need to be present. So in the past 10 years, I haven't really gotten to enjoy a road trip like I used to.
>>
>>2421192
The last two gfs that I went on roadtrips with slept in the car a ton, kinda stupid how much scenery they missed, but it was very peaceful for me.
>>
>>2422150
Stick with one, you degenerate.
>go on "road trip"
>the other person is asleep
Sounds like youre a free uber dude
>>
>>2267750
Fpbp

I've also done cross country twice now, east to west across the northern half, west to east across the southern half. I did both of them by myself and loved every minute of the trips.

In terms of expenses yeah road trips in the modern day are pretty expensive for the average person, especially if you want to see all the interesting things all along the way. Gas alone cost me around 1500$ and I spent around 3000-4000$ more on national park gift shops, going to bars/restaraunts, and just generally going around and doing fun stuff. Every interesting place now a days charges you cause everyones trying to make a cheap buck. So for a decent road trip you need at least a few thousand dollars saved up.

In terms of the car to drive I did both of mine while moving back and forth across the country in a large full sized SUV so my gas mileage was awful, but It did give me room to shuffle stuff around in the back and sleep there around 75% of the time. There seems to be a tradeoff in the type of car you can take on a road trip in my opinion. You can either take an SUV or truck, sleep in the back and pay more for your shitty gas mileage, or you can take a fuel efficient sedan or hybrid something and instead spend your money on hotels or airbnbs, your choice. I also know some people who own RVs and plan their entire trips around (I shit you not) walmart locations, because they dont kick people out of their parking lots ever. So thats something someone could do.
>>
>>2422450
I don't think you can give advice on budgeting if you go to bars.
>>
>>2422463
Im not looking for advice Im just telling of my experiences. Alot of the places I stop on these trips are with friends who like to go to bars so naturally Im going to end up at bars.
>>
>>2422466
You won't need a few thousand for trinkets and shots of beer if you just buy gifts not at an official outlet and get beer from the grocer
Avoiding inflated mark-ups is vital- put that money towards more important stuff.
>>
>>2373565
You eat much less food flying somewhere vs driving you moron
>>
Roadtrips are literally the last thing that bring me joy.
I´m severely depressed, but sitting shotgun for hours on end...love it.
>>
>>2411911
MA. is right up there; probably in the top 3.
>>
File: file.png (539 KB, 960x600)
539 KB
539 KB PNG
not letting this thread die fuck you
>>
I drove across the country in 2017, I was 19 years old. Started in Cleveland, OH, and took a southern route to San Diego, drove up through LA and San Francisco, all the way to Oregon (crater lake to be exact). After that, made my way back home on a northern route. I hit Yosemite, Redwoods, Crater Lake, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton. I drove a 18 year old truck that had 270k miles on it and was about 5 different colors, damn thing never gave up on my. I miss that truck very much, i wish i had a picture of it on my phone, it was something to see for sure. The whole trip took me about 7 weeks give or take a week.

Also, on a totally unrelated note, I find it funny that in the time this thread has been up, I had gotten a new job, moved out from home to an apartment, and then moved back home from said apartment. /out/ really is a slow ass board.
>>
no expect you have a really really realy comfy and fast car
>>
>>2428129
Sometimes slow is good
>>
>>2428094
this real?
>>
File: 48504337_p0.jpg (705 KB, 1169x1500)
705 KB
705 KB JPG
>>2418377
Or as long as you're willing to risk a trespassing charge, or walmart parking lots.
If anons don't know
Canada's version of "BLM Land" is "Crown Land".
I wish there was more, or like... any in the prairies. Most of the "prairies" these days is just farm land anyways I guess.
>>2428256
1985 300ZX Turbo, 2-seater, with T-Tops is a requirement.
>>
>>2433958
Cute!
>>
>>2267740
Yeah, it's comfy driving through the mountains. I've done cross the west trips before and those are some fond memories
>>
Anyone taken any fun road trips this summer?
>>
>>2313406
i want to too, but then i look at gas prices
>>
>>2322456
Did you get molested?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.