[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 33 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: inuit.jpg (21 KB, 382x300)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
How did the Inuit people not develop scurvy?
>>
>>2254259
Drank lots of orange juice
>>
ngmi OP
>>
>>2254259
Animal livers can contaain lots of vitamins, including vitamin C. Do some research on carnivore diets
>>
>>2254259
Glucose competes with vitamin C for absorption. Remove glucose and you need far less total intake to achieve the same blood levels. Meat does have small amounts of vitamin C, and it gets destroyed during cooking, hence their habit of having it raw.
>>
File: 1376085175078.jpg (420 KB, 1422x976)
420 KB
420 KB JPG
>>2254259

Fish eyeballs and animal livers. Also, what makes you think they never got scurvy?
>>
>>2254267
just don't eat polar bear or puffin liver

t. toxicologist
>>
>>2254298
Are you going to say why?
>>
>>2254342
You'll get your shit rekt by vitamin a
>>
>>2254342
>He doesn't know
Next you'll be eating giant squid, enjoy the ammonia lmao
>>
How do basement dwelling LARPers like OP survive without getting sunlight for vitamin D?
>>
In addition to what others said, I would guess due to their biology they require less vitamin C than you do
>>
>>2254439
Nah, an american 4channer can live like an inuit by eating nothing but raw steaks from walmart.
>>
>>2254259
built different
>>
>>2254446
You've got to ferment seagull bodies inside a walrus hide for a year, then suck the birds' innards out through their ass to make sure that you get all the vitamins that bacteria can synthesize while humans can't synthesize them.
>>
>>2254259
the ones that did died and did not pass on their genes, the ones that didn't happily had a specific mutation which either helped lessen the effects or stop it from happening entirely. they passed on their genes until what you have today are people who don't get scurvy
>>
>>2254514
I absolutely bullshitted this given that I didn't look into anything or checked any sites that could tell me what foods they have where they are contain vit c
>>
>>2254259
Was there a more miserable existence than having to live as an Inuit? Makes me shudder to think about it
>>
>>2254560
It seems harsh to us, but they can't have hated it completely. They had boats and stuff, and were used to walking long distances--would have been easy for them to just head south and join up with other tribes in warmer climes if they really wanted.
>>
>>2254689
yeah, inuit have always been documented as some of the most content people on earth
I've worked with a lot of them and they generally have a great outlook on life, even the ones who were forcibly relocated from their original homes to high arctic shitholes by the government
was up on the Yukon North Slope with an inuit guide once and when it started pouring rain he realized that he had forgotten his rain jacket at camp and when we asked if he was going to be okay he just replied with
>"Well it could be worse, at least my boots are waterproof"
>>
>>2254259
Same way larpers like you don't go outside.

>>2254342
No, because he is a larper and he doesn't know.
>>
>>2254696
Have you ever considered saying something inteligent?
>>
>>2254342
There are just some animals that aren’t made for eating desu.
>>
>>2254699
>t. larper
Go outside bro.
>>
>>2254689
>>2254695
Some were chill dudes, others weren't. In particularly cold or barren seasons some tribes would move south. Sometimes they made pacts with the nations that lived there sometimes they went war. There were some groups that basically raided the south EVERY year.

Some groups wanted to work together and would rather cooperate to survive, others did not. One particularly hated tribe would take the severed genitals of their enemies as trophies.
Of course times change and neither seasonal migration or habitual mutilation remained viable lifestyles.
>>
>>2254696
i'm new to this board, is there really just one guy who goes around saying "larper" in response to everyone or is it a meme
>>
>>2254712
Take your meds.
>>
If they ate an orange they'd surely avoid getting a scurvy
>>
>>2254439
no. europeans can live on the same diet.

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vilhjalmur_Stefansson
>>
>>2254403
i use a sunlight lamp
>>
>>2254712
The ironic thing is that the LA in LARP means "Live Action", so LARPers go /out/ more than he does.
>>
>>2254277
This; and as others have pointed out - organ meat
>>
whale skin
>>
File: out is bad.png (761 KB, 1813x935)
761 KB
761 KB PNG
>>2254696
>>
>>2255062
Every time you post this it still doesn't hold up lmao.
>>2255072
OOF
>>
>>2254504
Jewish hands typed this post.
>>
>>2254259
You dont get scurvy if you dont eat plants
>>
>>2254259
Megadoses of vitamin C every summer from berries, and not cooking their meat all the way.
Certain parts of the body like liver, eyeballs, etc. have a lot of vitamins, as does raw meat. I read a paper about it somewhere.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.