[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 20211124_215159.jpg (354 KB, 720x565)
354 KB
354 KB JPG
How much would it cost all in to build pic related in Canada...say somewhere out of a small town with well water, wood fire place, basic materials, basic sewage tank setup? No marble floors or stone hearth but not dirt shit materials that will mold in one season either. Say 1500sqft total?

also cabin bread
>>
more than you'll ever have
>>
>>2254152
do you already own the land? permits? surveys? what are the building codes like in the area? are you doing everything yourself? do you have the ability to haul all the tools and supplies to the site? do you have logging and mineral rights? do you already have the tools or will you be buying them? are you going to be working on this full time or just the weekends? how long do you want the cabin to last? how comfortable do you want it to be?

too many unanswered questions here. but a shot in the dark, maybe $10-15k USD, so what is that like $20-25k in Canadian monopoly money?
>>
$4000000000000
>>
>>2254218
so if I capture Vash the Stampede I can build the cabin ?
>>
>>2254203
This and also the price of land varies like crazy from province to province.
>>
In New zealand that would cost you upwards of half a million by the time you got land and built that
>>
>>2254203
That is super underpriced. A cabin like OP pic is going to cost like $120k to build alone.
>>
>>2254152
>1500sqft
~$100k minimum which doesn't include land, utilities or furnishings
>500sqft
~$40-100k not including land, utilities, or furnishings

It's actually probably cheaper to build one in parts of the northern and western US than in most of Canada if you buy less desirable land and purchase the materials in bulk at once. You could also lower other costs by ditching the septic tank and going with an outhouse or incinerator toilet if code allows and you're comfortable with it.
>>
>>2254152
>1500 sqft
>classic size for a cabin
anyones guess desu. The problem here is motivating builders in a hot market.
>>
>>2254341
>or incinerator toilet
Used to have one of these at my cottage. Would not recommend, they stink to high hell and are a nightmare to maintain. Just get an outhouse or one of those decomposing toilets
>>
What do people typically do for foundations of cabins in areas where the ground freezes?
>>
>>2254152
copy paste the aframe price list
>500 sq. ft. $62,500 - $87,500
>1,000 sq. ft. $125,000 - $175,000
>1,500 sq. ft. $187,500 - $262,500
Building a cabin by yourself costs time, even with help you need at least 2 years, but I don't know if that is even possible today.
>>
>>2254341
>You could also lower other costs by ditching the septic tank and going with an outhouse or incinerator toilet if code allows and you're comfortable with it.
I would say its more desirable to just do the perc test and get the permit... it would increase the lands value as well.

Remember the rules of plumbing (shit rolls down hill) & aim for a gravity fed system to the leech field, pump systems suck when they fail.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.