[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

post best traps, baits, and tips
>>
>>2250867
Best traps you say?
>>
>>2250867
>post best traps
I'm aprtial to some over others, if you know what I mean
>>
>>2250876
>>2250919
Leave this board faggots.
>>2250867
I like 110 connibears, theyre easy to set in the field and they're good for a range of small game from rabbits and squirrels to rats and opposum
>>
>>2250867
I've caught a couple squirrels using the figure 4 trap. They now make premade 4 set up so you don't have to make it out of sticks any more.
>>
>>2250867
i use wire for rabbits. sometimes i had rabbits live, had some predator losses. so i started using locks, made a big difference. i like to look for small trees or dense bush that creates a natural choke point. i used trap red squirrel when i still fly tied. i would just bait rat traps with peanut butter and hang them on tree trunks. it worked really well. i havent trapped since i moved to the prairies. theres no squirrel and jack rabbits dont follow their trails the same. ive thought about starting up fly tying again. if i did i would trap ground squirrels. they are everywhere here and they are super easy to catch. just get 10ft of cord put a noose around a hole and wait. it usually only takes 10m usually. when we were kids there were gopher bounties and you could sell the tails.
>>
my cousin wants to catch a wolf by combining a spring tree noose trap with conibear so they can't chew their leg off to get out.
>>
>>2250947
We're reaching levels of bushcraft cringe that shouldn't even be possible.
>>
File: ae5.jpg (60 KB, 960x924)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>2250867
The only traps I have ever used are a fishing rod and a crab basket. Works like a charm.
>>
File: 1637678506147.gif (377 KB, 220x220)
377 KB
377 KB GIF
I'm really interested in trapping, but would have to do it illegally in large parks or national forest. Any anon have experience doing this?
>>
>>2254360
Trapping in what country
>>
File: 1637863788071.jpg (38 KB, 720x713)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>>2254569
And dont listen to these retards, good way to get your ass fined.
>>
>>2250947
Imagine calling yourself an outdoorsman when you can't even be fucked to carve your own figure 4
>>
File: A12-BK2084.jpg (74 KB, 1000x1000)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
theese are pretty fun
>>
>>2251163
>i havent trapped since i moved to the prairies
Probably a good idea as midwestern and western rodents have a tendency to carry bubonic plague.
>>
>>2255156
Have you ever caught anything with one? It sounds like a good time to go camp for a couple days next to a lake or river and keep a handful of those rigged up along the bank
>>
>>2255369
I've never "seriously" set them up where I put up multiples, but played around with setting them up, caught a small perch, they are kinda scary though when they trigger and that hook comes flying at you at mach 1
>>
Such a wonderful post to read. Your ideas are looks great and they are helpful to others. https://www.infobrez.com/
>>
>>2255156
These are forbidden to use where I am at.
>>
>>2255500
Same here
>>
Is there a good method to catch & cook snakes.
I live in Australia, so we also have plenty of bush cockroaches running around.
>>
>>2255156
>>2255369
I used these throughout my childhood, had a creek within walking distance from home. I had ten that I'd set up along the bank near catfish holes, and they work pretty good for about 5 uses, 10 if you're catching small stuff like perch or blue gill. The spring in them is cheap and stuff like catfish will ruin them pretty fast. But they are fun and easy to use.
>>2255500
Trapping fish is illegal in most places.
>>
>>2254360
Is this real?
>>
>>2255156
are these legal in ontario
>>
>>2257558
>>
>>2254966
Lmao like your fatass could. Don't understand why poorfags care about other peoples money.
>>
>>2253015
Dave Canterbury made it, so that should tell you every thing.
>>2254966
You can still be capable of making one, but still carry a premade one to save time. I'd rather just carry a oversized rat trap.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.