[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 21 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

Happy 18th Birthday, 4chan!

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks. Make sure to check your spam box!

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Dish-2.jpg (382 KB, 1200x736)
382 KB
382 KB JPG
What are your methods for washing dishes when /out/? I've only ever done short trips in areas with plentiful water, so I either do them normally with soap like I would at home, or just make meals that don't require any cleaning up
>>
When i'm out i never use soap for my dishes. I clean them directly when i am finished eating, just wiping it out with a little bit of water and moss.
I clean them with soap when i get home.
>>
>>2231150
Bring a little bit of vinegar and a cloth and use that to wash them out.
>>
File: IMG_20210510_131206.jpg (1.22 MB, 3264x2448)
1.22 MB
1.22 MB JPG
>wet campsites
rinse in water, use a moss as a sponge to scrub out the cookpot. One advantage of stainless over anodized is you don't need to worry about scratches

>dry campsite
plan your meals appropriately. Noodle soups are okay; oatmeal or mashed potatoes are too messy. Rinse out with a bit of water, scrape out what i can with a leaf, and then use a cloth or paper towler to get the rest
Sometimes i'll pack in a dry meal (cheese, bread) if water is tight
>>
>>2231170
>just wiping it out with a little bit of water and moss.
Good luck with that when you'll burn your food.

>>2231150
I bring a tiny sponge with me to scrub my pot with some water. I don't bring any soap with with me, but I'm starting to consider it to be honest - some fatty and oily foods are a real hassle to deal with.
>>
>>2231214
Do you rinse them off again before preparing another meal?
>>
>>2231504
It's best if the pot is still hot when you put the vinegar in. Just swish it around and let it sit and then wipe it out with a rag. Then repeat the same thing with water to rise the vinegar out.
>>
Honestly I use whatever coffee I have left, put a little in the pan and deglaze then use my fingers to scrub before slurping it like the caveman I am
>>
>>2231150
piss
>>
>>2231150
Bit of bread to wipe up and eat the juices, then a wet wipe. For baked on food I have a scouring pad and Dr. Bronner's.
>>
File: 4_25.05.2017200049.jpg (80 KB, 390x293)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>2231150
i have a dish brush similar to this hanging off my backpack
>>
>>2231150
My tongue
>>
i just bring paper plates and bury them in my poo hole when i'm done.
>>
>>2231150
>>2231170
>>2231214
>>2231241
>>2231288
>>2231504
>>2231705
>>2231763
>>2231766
>>2232108
>>2233029
>>2233094
>>2233098
This dry camping with cooking sounds like total ass, fucking stone age shit.
>just wiping it out
>scrubbing with moss
>vinegar and a cloth
>scrape out what i can with a leaf
>use my fingers to scrub
>SLURPING IT
>bread to wipe up and eat the juices
>a wet wipe
>a toilet brush

>>2233098 is honestly the best thing this thread has going

>>2233029
"there goes that guy with the poop brush again, god"
>>
>today at the scrape and slurp café
>>
if it's greasy then just scrub it with some ash from the campfire.
ash + fats = soap.
then just rinse with water and it should be good.
>>
This must be a troll thread. Just use paper towels for the fats and oils and then deposit them in a ziplock bag for trash. Then use a wetted paper towel for final cleaning. It is just like wiping your ass. You guys are idiots.
>>
If you burnt food on it because you don’t know how to cook because first time out, let it soak in some water first then scrape with your spoon or fork.
>>
>>2231241
Why use moss to clean and leaves to scrape when paper towels and your spoon is superior? Stop larping attention whore. Can you use a trip code so I can filter you? Instead of making sure everyone knows it is you because of the cup of noodles. You are the definition of a faggot
>>
>>2233143
>"there goes that guy with the poop brush again, god"
it's a brush for cleaning dishes not toilets
>>
this is a troll thread, bring a silicone spatula/pot scraper and there's pretty much nothing you have to clean unless it's burnt into the pot
i like to bring stuff like instant potatoes to thicken up soups if i want, and adding a bit to the liquidy remains makes cleanup with silicone easier
>>
>>2231150
With stainless steel/aluminium/plastic plates pots etc I just use sand. By rubbing it on them and then rinsing them in water you can get the fat and food remnants off of them.
With non stick pots I use soap and a brush.
>>
>>2233143
>fucking stone age shit.
Yeah, it's called camping.
>>
>>2233512
>>2233522
I don't want to carry around a bag full of dirty paper towels for a couple days, the other options sound much better
>>
I usually eat from the pot, and rinse it with some water at the end. I boil water in the same pot again for the next meal, and I figure this will kill any bacteria. I pop my spoon in the boiling water to sterilize it as well.

What are the legit concerns about not "properly" washing your dishes while /out/? "Food poisoning", yeah, but will a couple of smears of grease and powdered mash in a pot really spoil enough in 12 hours to make you sick? Will a licked-off spoon get icky? I'd honestly be more concerned about keeping your poop tools separated from your eating utensils, and to always sterilize your hans after pooping/before eating, than I would worry about some crumbs from last night.
>>
>>2237511
Burn the papers
>>
>>2231150
>What are your methods for washing dishes when /out/?
Dog does them, they get rinsed and dog drinks the rinsewater, then they get rinsed again.
>>
>>2233143
>>2233145
>not slurping
ngmi

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.