[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 106 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: skierlady.jpg (336 KB, 2500x1667)
336 KB
336 KB JPG
Well /out/, it's that time of year again.

Post your
>Skis/Board
>Resorts
>Goal # of Days
>Other Winter Sports Goals

>Salomon QST 98
>Schweitzer, Lookout Pass (have a pass to both)
>50 (job has many vacation days, I've been saving them
>Ski hard, learn to ski switch, get more comfortable going fast on double blacks
>>
File: 20210626_154147.jpg (3.57 MB, 4032x3024)
3.57 MB
3.57 MB JPG
>snowbird
>rocking the hotshots for hardpack, Magic J for Pow, hoping to get a Sego Comp 110 for in between days
>80 days
>start touring i consider that a separate discipline of skiing
>there are some unchecked lines i want to ski at the bird and I'm trying my best to be in better shape this year so that I can ski them, most notably skiers right side broom closet if its a good snow year
>>
>ready for this again at birb
>>
>>2230965
Planning on going skiing for the first time in kyrgystan after christmas. Any thing I should know, I'm completely new to it? Is there anything I need to buy and bring with me, or do you just hire everything you need?
>>
>LCC
>JSkis slackers. Volkl Mantra M5s. Head Caddy for night laps in the park.
>110
>Becomes competent with a few aerials. I’ve been taking tumbling classes to develop my air awareness, hoping it pays off. Also planning to enter some FWQ competitions.
>>
>>2230965
Just scraped and edged my skis a week ago, lib tech wrecreate 90s. Sierra at Tahoe got burned in the Caldor fire, not sure yet of they will be able to open this winter.
>>
> Line Vision 98's
> Crystal (weekend), Snoqualmie (weekday nights)
> N minus 1, N=number of days before GF kicks me out
> more ski touring
>>
>>2231078
If your going to hire it make sure you reserve it before time, you might be able to reserve weeks in advance, I have no idea how they do things there.
>>
>>2230965
So I learned to snowboard from scratch as an adult. I am quite good at it (can do backcountry runs, jumps, not die on half pipe etc.). I have never set foot on skis. How hard is it to pick up? Skiing is kind of a necessary thing to know for backcountry travel so I want to learn how to ski this season. Any tips for moving from snowboarding to skiing?
>>
>>2231684
I took the leap late last season and it's pretty easy to get going on. I was hitting intermediate runs halfway decent within a few sessions and did a couple easy blacks sort of badly but without falling. Like all of the winter sports it just takes time but I have a feeling with skiing I may want to seek out an advanced instructor when the time comes so I don't learn any bad technique
>>
>>2231684
Have you ever been ice-skating? I'm from South Florida but was able to get from greens to double blacks competently in one season because it felt literally exactly like ice skating to me.
>>
File: IMG_20210219_102833103.jpg (3.63 MB, 4608x3456)
3.63 MB
3.63 MB JPG
>Libtech Skate Banana 157 cm
>Squaw Valley/Alpine Meadows & Mammoth
> 30-40
> Be able to do 360's in the park and more difficult biack diamond runs

Any of you anons been to June Mountain in California? Pic related, it's probably my favorite mountain you can go to on the Ikon pass for the lack of crowds, chill atmosphere, and beautiful views of Mono Lake. Pic related.
>>
>Santacruz
>Seymour, Grouse, Cypress
>A couple of times this season
>Get back to enjoying snowboarding. I didn't go at all the last season. The previous season I bought a season pass and only managed to get up the mountain once due to personal reasons. It left a real sour taste in my mouth.
>>
>>2230965
Poorfag east of the Mississippi so no skis.
Usually I'll go to one of the slopes around here two times a season but the manufactured snow has been getting worse every year.
I've never skied powder and I want to this year. Where should I go in Colorado? I'll go during the week to save money but I don't want to pay out the ass if I'm only good enough to do a few of the runs.
>>
Just got outfitted for xcountry skis last week
No way I'm going to let shutdowns fuck me over again this year
>>
>>2231999
Go here instead
https://skiwhitefish.com/
>>
>>2232003
Looks pretty. Ive always wanted to see more of Montana than just Gardiner.
>>
>>2232008
It gets socked in a lot during the winter, but if you catch it on a clear day the views are kino
>>
>>2232031
Shit that looks nice. Looks like there's transportation to Glacier NP too. I'll try to go there in December sometime. Do you know if there's equipment rental on site?
>>
>>2232062
I haven't rented since I was a kid but according to their website they do. Also, it's supposed to be a La Nina year, so hopefully you'll have some good snow!
>>
>>2231228

Question for fellow WA Crystal skiers. What's ypur plan for getting to the mountain thos year?

They have finally started charfing for parking unless you have a season pass. My ikon base was forxe converted go a 5 day pack so I'm not sure what I want to do.

Is the public bus tram a meme?
>>
wtf is snow lmao
>>
>>2230965
>Black Crows Atris & Bent Chetler 120's
>Crystal & some Baker trips here and there
>70
>Kick turn easily, tour more, qualify for Baker's voly patrol program & get more comfortable w/ chutes and shitty conditions.
>>
>>2232116
The greatest substance known to man
>>
>>2232109
Nice. I hope there's a good snowpack early in the season. I just love snow. I'm almost tempted to drive my old-ass suburban out there just to drive in some snow.
>>
>>2232196
It can be hit or miss in December, but the later in the month you go the better your odds will be.
>>
>>2231793
Nice man I love the Skate Banana. Such a fun buttery board. I'm going to be taking a trip to California late season either March or April and I was thinking of going to either Heavenly, Mammoth, or Bear (big bear is closest to me). June Mountain looks pretty nice and it's only 5 hours away.
>>
>>2231999
Colorado daily lift ticket prices are outrageous. My advice is to go to a smaller mountain like Sunlight, Ski Cooper (not Copper), Monarch, etc. Avoid big name resorts like Breckenridge/Aspen/Telluride because as a beginner you won't be able to ride on 95% of the terrain. To me personally I think it's a waste for a beginner to try to learn on big mountains like that.
>>
File: giphy (3).gif (1.85 MB, 500x281)
1.85 MB
1.85 MB GIF
2022 Rome Artifact 155W
Cartel bindings
Vans Invado OG boots
40-50 days
Lee Canyon, Brian Head, Eagle Point.
Learn backside 3s, cab 270 onto rails/boxes
>>
>>2230965
>Nordica Enforcer 93's
>Shitty midwest hill, going to Lech for a week and Beaver Creek for a week this season.
>>
>>2232260
Dog I know. My dad lived in Denver in his 20s and frequently laments how insane prices are now. He had an apartment, a car, a wife, and lift tickets on 30k/year in 1992.
>>
File: 1631568534252.png (1.74 MB, 1242x1237)
1.74 MB
1.74 MB PNG
>>2232277
I know that 30k is worth probably double today but what the actual fuck
>>
>>2231793
How are you trying to do 360's in the park and not able to ski pretty much every run? Are you a hardcore park rat?
>>
>>2231228
>>2232003
>>2232115
>>2232134

Proving once again that the PNW is the richest and best /out/ region
>>
>>2232281
He was fresh out of med school and the hospital paid his tuition in exchange for his soul on a 5 year contract. Maybe his rent was covered by that but I don't know. I can't imagine a deal like that happening today unless you're already rich and connected somewhere.
>>
>>2230965
Burton Custom X 166W
Bogus Basin/Brundage Mtn/Sun Valley
more than 31
Hike more, ride switch more
>>
>>2230965
>Armada Evo TST 183cm
>Killington, VT (mainly)
>As many as possible
>Land solid 360's and get fast skiing glades
Anyone here frequent Sugarloaf in Maine? I'm going for a few days in February with friends and am trying to get the skinny on good spots over there.
>>
File: IMG_2464.jpg (3.02 MB, 4032x3024)
3.02 MB
3.02 MB JPG
>K2 iKonic 84ti (need to upgrade)
>Sugarloaf/Saddleback
>20-40
>expand on freeride style skills, less charging, explore more glades

>>2233437
Yes very familiar with Sugarloaf. February is best time to get prime runs in Brackett Basin. Groomers are great, plenty of trails/side cuts to get lost on. Great easy going atmosphere. If you're with friends gotta hit the ski in/out bar/restaurant Bullwinkles
>>
>>2233437
So start the day on Timberline lift to avoid the Superquad line. Timberline -> King Pine for Brackett Basin runs. Brackett Basin glades -> King Pine all day if you do it right to avoid the lines
>>
>>2233462
For sure about Bullwinkles. Is Bracket Basin tight woods,open, or a mix? I'm struggling to keep up with my snowboarder friends as they seem to be able to ride faster through tighter shit way easier that skis (maybe I just suck). The entire face left side of the mountain appears to be all glades, which is what we mostly like to hit.
>>
>>2233476
than*. Also, on the map it shows the backside of the mountain with a few trails, but no lift? What is that about?
>>
>>2233473
Thanks for the info, that will be great to know for us.
>>
File: 1608434695892.jpg (115 KB, 498x752)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
Gear suggestion? I started last year with some old ass skis and a worn out Karbon jacket/bibs and had a blast but now I want to gucci myself from head to toe because I have some pretty good discounts on many products. Will do mostly resort but I want to try backcountry. Qiebec area

My friend suggested oakley helmet and goggles, Arcteryx Sabre/Rush shell jacket/pants, Proton LT mid layer, ice breaker base layers with salomon skis with hybrid bindings if I want to try backcountry

Thoughts? He also told me to take ski classes so I don't kill myself but I managed just fine last year, even did some black diamonds. My only problem are moguls, I almost killed myself a couple of times I don't know what to do
>>
>>2233476
Mix of both but lines run tight once it gets tracked up. If you get a powder day it will feel way more open. Practicing moguls a bit will help you ski tighter in the trees
>>
>>2233487
your gear Gucci list sounds good a bit overkill but ok if you wanna spend the money. As far as moguls go watch some YouTube videos and practice. Instructor would help if you wanna spend the money
>>
>>2233478
Yes there is a backside although it never opened last year. No direct lift access back up but can get back to the resort no problem. Plenty to explore in Brackett Basin anyways
>>
>>2233489
I have always sucked at moguls. I saw this video this year of a guy explaining that you can turn at the top of the moguls and your skis will naturally wants to turn easier than turning in a rut. Do you get winded skiing moguls quickly? I can hit a double black with moguls hard for like 20 seconds before my legs want to give out. Maybe I am doing something wrong? I do manual labor for work so I am not some sedentary fat fuck.
>>
>>2233501
yes definitely get winded fast. I guess it's a matter of conditioning. Not something I'd do all day but having the technique down helps get through those tough spots
>>
>>2233487
IMO the first thing you should do is go and get a professional boot fitting and buy boots that fit you very well. Then IMO keep your old outerwear, save the money and spend it on skiing.
>>
>>2233709
this guy gets it. Boots are by far the most important part of setup, and if I had just followed this guys advice I wouldn't have a haglunds deformity now.
>>
>>2230965
>scott jib 2013
>cant enter ski resort because no vaxx:)
also no money for skialp gear
>>
File: 20210208_112651.jpg (1.85 MB, 4032x1908)
1.85 MB
1.85 MB JPG
>>2230965

Pic rel is my skis. I normally back country ski in Scotland although this year I'm going to Verbier. Anyone been to verbs before?
The goal is to be confident at high speeds and start landing some jumps.
>>
Finally went skiing for the first time at 29 (I live in the awful state of Florida) this past season. I’ve never done drugs, but it felt like what I imagine a hit off a crack pipe would be and I was instantly hooked. I’ll probably go back to Park City and maybe hit up some Colorado resorts too for a total of hopefully 20 days (I have a lot of vacation hours and an Epic Pass). I was so excited about my new hobby that I bought all my own gear and all I need are the plane tickets and a place to stay. My goal is to just have fun and build confidence, maybe try some easy glade skiing.
>>
>>2233804
I (also OP, and boot post commenter) made the mistake of getting consignment boots for my first season, and then had to buy new boots halfway through the season that actually fit my feet.

Tier ranking of gear to get by consignment:
1. Clothing
2. Poles
3. Skis
4. Boots, Helmet
>>
>>2234392
gratz bro! If you're a true /out/ist then you should move out West.
>>
I can get either an Arcteryx Beta SV or a ski guide next gen jacket like pic related at a low price. Which one should I get? I plan on doing 85% skiing and some winter trekking as well. Most of my mid layers dont have hoods so not that bothered by the drophood on the ski guide. I'm more concerned if having this many pockets will be just a nuisance or mess with its waterproofness
>>
File: Beta-SV-Jacket-Dynasty.jpg (136 KB, 1074x1360)
136 KB
136 KB JPG
>>2234499
Beta SV for comparison. I like the cleaner lines on it but I want to know what features I am missing out aside from more pockets compared to the one above
>>
Armada Declivity 92 Ti, Elan Ripstick 88, or Nordica Enforcer 88?

East Coast and prefer to go into the trees/ungroomed when conditions allow it, but east coast so hard pack most of the time.
>>
>>2234392
Based, this was me last season. Also from Florida. Luckily I played Hockey and the ice skating skills seemed to transfer. My friends ski hard and got me doing double blacks by the end of the season and 100% hooked.

Skiing is wonderful, what skis did you get?
>>
>>2230965
How do I into snowboarding?
>>
>>2234559

Lol I actually used to play hockey myself, but it was roller hockey and I don’t have as much time ice skating. What was a big confidence booster to me was learning how to hockey stop on skis in both directions, trying to stop any other way was almost useless on anything other than the gentlest greens. I actually picked up a pair of beginner/intermediate Dynastars with bindings for pretty cheap (low 300s) during the after season Peter Glenn sale. They also set and adjusted the bindings for me for no extra cost. I didn’t want to spend too much until I figure out exactly what I’m looking for or need, but I also didn’t want to have to rent skis every day on my next trip. My skis look like pic related, but I’d have to wait until I get home to see the exact model.
>>
>>2234396

Believe me I want to so bad and not just for skiing. I visited my friend in Vail this summer and the /out/ stuff in the West blows away anything here in the East, especially in this hot, dong-shaped state. I’ve been looking at Utah in the greater SLC area just because I could probably find a comparable job fairly easily and it’s not a terribly long driving distance to a lot of cool stuff. Plus it’s very close to a ton of resorts.
>>
>>2234499
The extra layer will affect the breathability more. You could fill the pocket with water and it'll be waterproof.
I personally have a Beta SV as it ticks all the boxes of what i want in a jacket.
I don't ski so not sure if you need snow skirts and extra features in a jacket for that.
>>
File: 20211019_222618.jpg (273 KB, 720x960)
273 KB
273 KB JPG
I'm looking to buy this from someone off of Facebook marketplace. There isn't anything obviously and horrendously wrong with it is there?
>>
>>2234905
Can't really say without seeing the bottoms
>>
>>2230965
NZ reporting in.
We had a better season than the last couple of years, but it was a slow start.
Mid-august we finally got a good dump of snow and some nice blue-bird days, but shit was all ruined by a covid outbreak in some faggot city up north.
Last place that's still open has it's final day of the season tomorrow.

I hope you northern hemisphere bros get better snow than we did.
>>
>>2234921
>I hope you northern hemisphere bros get better snow than we did.
So do i. Last season was shit in my area and I wanted to kill myself.
>>
How useful are stormhoods? A friend of mine told me they are down right dangerous for skiing because it restricts your field of vision and it's harder to turn your head. Plus it collects snow and water and you rarely truly need a hood on while skiing. He said its only use is if you're climbing Mount Washington or other very windy areas because it offers more face coverage.

Thoughts?
>>
>>2234993
>He said its only use is if you're climbing Mount Washington or other very windy areas because it offers more face coverage.
that's what a balaclava is for. Anything that is stiff and forces you to look forward only is pretty shit
>>
>>2234993
>>2235183
it's nice for lifts, bootpacks, long traverses, all the other non-downhill parts of skiing, when it's windy or snowing hard. but I find it's more of a pain in the ass to bundle up when I stop and unbundle when I'm ready to go, so I never bother with it.
>>
File: Scottgroup.jpg (524 KB, 2400x1536)
524 KB
524 KB JPG
>>2235195
>but I find it's more of a pain in the ass to bundle up when I stop and unbundle when I'm ready to go,
get a scarf anon. That's what they're designed for
>>
>>2234905
Do not buy old skis. You can buy used skis just fine.
>>
>>2235301
How old does it look?
>>
>>2231086
I Feel like I probably know you if you're skiing bird.
>>
>>2235580
Maybe. Come ski with me this winter.
>>
>>2234620
Based. Congrats, got these myself. Less than one month to go!!
>>
>>2236883
Forgot pic.

Armada Declivity 92Ti
>>
Who makes the best goggles/helmets?
>>
>>2237321
I have Oakley helmet and goggles but really they're all the same. Stick with same brand helmet and googles. Look for a MIPS helmet and goggles with interchangeable lens preferably
>>
>>2235463
too old. no shop will want to work on those bindings
>>
anyone here have a fibula plate where the ski boots go around? I used to teach skiing in mt hutt and vail and cant ski for shit since a moto accident. I live in Japan now, any one know if custom boots do the job?
>>
File: 20210305_071441.jpg (2.51 MB, 4032x1960)
2.51 MB
2.51 MB JPG
>ski for more than 2 days
>severe shinbang makes it impossible to do any tricks, let alone ride casual
>can't become a snowboarder because you'll get bullied by boomers

Is there any point living anymore?
>>
>>2237601
ask cotton hill
>>
>>2233709
Listen to this anon. Boots are the single most important part of gear. Remember that it's easier to create room to improve fit than it is to fill it.
>>
>>2237601
If you're getting shinbang its from bad boots or bad technique and likely both
>>
>>2235839
okay, you can find me at bird usually, I am tall and I go like to go fast. I am the guy in this webm>>2230991
>>
File: 102196.jpg (2.51 MB, 2560x1600)
2.51 MB
2.51 MB JPG
>Salomon QST
>Been to Wolf Creek, Crystal. This year Park City
>10 straight days
>Buy my first set of ski gear (currently a solid intermediate, just started single black diamonds last year)

Bros, I'm trying to find a reliable ski top and bottom that won't financially tear me a new asshole. I primarily want water resistance/breathability in a pair that won't restrict freedom of movement. Would like something that lasts a lifetime and wont tear at the crotch on the first day, it's happened to me lmao

Any suggestions? I've heard 10,000 mm is a good water column rating for skiing during a snowfall. Budget is $300 for each piece of gear but can go higher if necessary.

Here's some I'm considering:

>North Face Freedom Bib or Pants
>Patagonia Powder Bowl Pants
>Refrigiwear Extreme Hooded Jacket
>UFPRO Delta OL 3.0 Winter Pants and Jacket
>>
Is it a fashion crime if my mid layer is the same color as my shell?
>>
>>2238442
Get bibs. They keep out snow and wind far better than pants ever will.
I also prioritize fabric durability over serious waterproofness because I ride in the NE and spend lots of time bushwhacking through very tight trees and underbrush.
>>
>>2238483
Of course not
>>
>>2238442
I would go to your local used store and try to find high quality gear that's a few years old. Look for genuine gore-tex, that's nearly always a sure sign of quality.
>>
Putting my pto for the occasional monay/Friday weekday skiing.

Does anyone have any experience with the public transit from Enumclaw to Crystal?
>>
>>2238442
I've got the FlyLow Baker bibs and can't recommend them enough. A little out of your price range but they're robust enough to justify the investment. I'm a wee bit plump at 5'10, 190lbs and the Large provides my w/ a great fit & plenty range of motion.

I'll second >>2238869. Find a decent top shell that ain't worn down and touch it up w/ some Nikwax.

Oh, and props on the QST's. Love those things!
>>
>>2238939
Never heard of a Enumclaw -> Crystal shuttle. Is this new? Worked my first season at Crystal this past season, we had "enough" parking for the weekend crowd.

Got myself a place in Greenwater this winter. Still gotta figure out how to circumnavigate this parking pass fiasco. Kind of feel cheated, living 30min down the road.
>>
>>2238977
flylow baker bibs based
>>
>>2231078
>kyrgystan
>Any thing I should know
I hope you intend to purchase carbon credits to offset your share of emissions from any long-distance jetsetting that you'll be doing.
>>
Looking for some /out/ gear hopefully dual purpose ski gear and a trip to antarctica, what are peoples favorite waterproof pants and jackets?

>Skis/Board
Liberty Origin 90
>Resorts
Ikon pass, usually winter park & copper mountain
>Goal # of Days
10-12
>Other Winter Sports Goals
do some snowshoeing
>>
Are heated boots a meme? I need new boots and sometimes when I go skiing it's -20-30C. I usually just wear 2 pairs of socks and drink a lot of alcohol to keep my feet warm but it doesn't work when I'm standing around in some lift line
>>
File: 20211022_225450.jpg (406 KB, 998x1331)
406 KB
406 KB JPG
>Skis/Board
pic related + 192 M-Free 108's w/p15's
>Resorts
Aspen
>Goal # of Days
100+
>>
>>2239134

2 pairs of socks is a mistake. Get a properly fitted pair of boots and some thin, merino wool socks. If your feet are still cold buy some Thermic boot heaters.
>>
i broke my second hand swedish army skis last spring and instead of buying new ones i was planning on tarring my late dads old wooden ones
my understanding is that they havent been tarred for atleast 15 years and theyre pretty dry

i bough some raw tar and thinner and sanded all the old hardened tar pieces off them, then put them in a vice to dry and get their shape back
does anyone have any helpful experience with tarring and should i use the thinner or not so i dont ruin them
>>
>>2232031
Not him but I went to Whitefish in the summer, I fell in love with the area, I'd move there (not a Californian but East Coaster) but I feel like everyone would hate me.

>to OP
I'm going to Banff in December and Big Sky in February, considering a quick Utah or Colorado ikon pass resort trip in January.
>>
>>2239143
How are the BMX 105s for touring? I was thinking about slapping some shifts on mine since my current touring skis haven't virtually no dampness. Pic coming soon
>>
>>2235463
Buy something from the last decade
>>
A Basin + epic local + bc
80+ total
30+ tour days
>>
>Skis/Board
Rossi Templar, Flow bindings. Been thinking about switching over to the new Burton step on system, but I think I'll see how it holds up for my buddy this year first before pulling the trigger. He was loving it at Tahoe last year.
>Resorts
So far just Copper, planning to spend most of my PTO on an international trip next November so dialing back the ski days this season
>Goal # of Days
4 days, maybe 7-8 if I can make it back to Bachelor or try Whitefish without blowing the bank. I just cruise groomed blues/blacks and take in the scenery for the most part, but trying to get better at dealing with moguls and tree runs.
>>
File: skis.jpg (228 KB, 459x816)
228 KB
228 KB JPG
jackson hole
110 resort
maybe 5-10 tour
i want to tour more this year
skinned up targhee yesterday, nice turns most of the way down
>>
>>2239683
what's the wooden pair? igneous? solid quiver except I fucking hate dps skis
>>
>>2233462
Based Mainer. Can’t wait for Sunday river it’s a lot closer to the Portland area. I just booked a flight to Utah for February I’m hyped.
>>
>>2234561
I have taught lessons for at least 5 seasons at different mountains. It’s really easy to pick up as long as you aren’t 300+ pounds. Just get a private lesson at your local mountain. Enjoy anon.
>>
>>2238442
Outdoor Research has a ton of good shit at that price range
>>
>>2238442
>>2239809
https://www.outdoorresearch.com/us/mens-ski-snow
>>
keystone Sunday boys, it's starting
>>
1) Nordica Enforcer 93s
2) Schweitzer, Crystal Mt. and possibly Mt Baker.
3) Aiming for a minimum 18-20 between December and Feb. Then every weekend in March with maybe a few pto days.

I bought into a full level ikon pass for somplicity and of I can at least go 20 times I will have spent less than if I did individual days.....at the aame time I am not sure only 30 days is worth it. Opinions?

I'm putting down for a private all day lesson for my 2nd or 3rd day out. Figure I get reacquainted with greens and blues a bit first.
>>
>>2239683
sick old moments
>>
Holy shit bros...just...holy shit.
https://www.adventure-journal.com/2021/11/alaskas-chugach-range-may-have-seen-as-much-as-28-feet-of-snow-in-3-days/
>>
>>2243201
Based. If true that probably beats Alaska's own previous known 24hr snowfall, 48hr snowfall, and 72hr snowfall records. That part of Alaska normally gets 500-700+ inches (12.7-17.8m) a season in the mountains but that data isn't from the higher elevation and snowiest (remote) sections of the mountains so it's possible some potential records were never recorded in the past.
>>
>>2230965
>4frnt Vandals from like 2018 for Park, last year's Atomic Bent Chetty 120s for pow
>Mt. Bachelor, Mt Hood Meadows, Timberline, hoping to get out to jackson hole and big sky this year
>100+ days
>dont get injured and end my season early like last year
Seeing all the touring setups itt is making me very jealous. I need to get my own.
>>
How do you people do 50+ days and hold a 40hr a week day job?
>>
I've never skied once in my life, but I moved to an area where there are nice and accessible skying places.
What equipment and clothing can I reasonably rent and what instead should I buy if I'm going to sky a few times a year at most?
>>
>>2244525
You’ll need your own clothes. A good base layer, down jacket, and waterproof shell will suffice instead of a proper ski jacket. (A ski jacket will be lighter+warmer) you need some waterproof pants though, so ski pants are worth buying.

Youll also want some good, burley gloves. Wear anything thin and you’ll be buying gloves from the resort shop within an hour.

Most resorts won’t rent you goggles, and instead just offer $20 shifty goggles to buy. Don’t do this. Spend a more for decent ski goggles beforehand, ideally with interchangeable lenses. Even if you only go up a couple times a year it’s worth it to be able to actually see where you’re going.

Rent boots, skis, and maybe a helmet.
>>
>>2244533
I really appreciate your help, thanks; I screenshot the answer
>>
>>2230965
>k2 fastplant
>ikon pass
>as many as possible
>start hitting black diamond runs and get out to the rockies
Anybody else go to killington for the passholder opening day? It was kind of a shitshow with the single open lift shutting down for about an hour. Overall it was a good warmup for the season. Glad I went, but I shouldn't have stressed getting there early. The crowds thinned out a ton after the first 2 hours or so.
>>
>>2244386
I live 20 mins away and work from home mostly. So I can nab a few hours in the morning or afternoon. As long as I am getting my shit done and am not missing meetings nobody cares. Also I usually have a pretty large backlog of things to get done once the season is over. Middle of the season I don’t do much else in the week other than work, ski, eat, sleep.
>>
>>2244386
You think I have a job? I'm a NEET lol
>>
>>2244610
How do you afford to ski then?
>>
>>2244671
You pay for it
>>
>>2244671
>be ski bum
>work at resort doing lessons/ski patrol/lift operator
>make money
>ski for free
>>
>>2244671
I live with my parents and work a few weeks to a month in the summer until I have enough for a pass and a pair of new sticks if I need 'em. Bus rides from town are free w/ a season pass here.
>>
>>2244774
Do you know what NEET stands for?
>>
>>2245224
Yes, and most people wouldn't consider a seasonal only job to be "employed", or as the anon himself said working a few weeks in summer >>2244818. Quit yer bitching about a fucking technicality.
>>
>>2245231
Not him but it's wrong. ski bum and NEET have some overlap but aren't the same. Tomorrow NEET will mean anyone works less than 40 hours
>>
>>2244525
Other reply is overkill. If you're only going a few times a year, get the following:

Shell jacket. That Finnish meme milsurp site has a $70 one that I used for an entire season
wool or down layer (you're moving to a mountainous area and will likely use this beyond skiing).
Fabric one size fits all gloves - these will be your glove liner
Kinco or flylow (more expensive) leather ski mitts and wax. Google how to apply the wax. Kincos are the most popular glove with ski patrol, and they're cheap as fuck.
Cheap ski pants, Amazon has some Columbia pants for ~$40 that will get you through the season just fine.
Cotton long John underwear
Sunglasses
Helmet (steep and cheap is great if you don't care about color. MIPS Helmets have a proprietary layer to reduce brain damage if you crash and are better than non MIPS.

If you have sensitive feet, go to a used ski store and start trying on used boots until you find a pair that hold your foot in place (heel flush against the back of the boot) but don't squeeze/constrict. It may take 10-15 pairs of trial and error, but you'll save hundreds vs new.
The thinnest socks you own. No that's not a typo.

Kind of a brain dump but you can save hundreds over what the other guy was telling you and still have a really fun season
>>
>>2245579
Oh regarding skis

If you go 3 of fewer times a year, rent.

If you go 4 or more times a year, ask the employee at the used store for help checking their ski selection. I can give you some pointers on what to look for in skis if you give me your height/weight/location
>>
>>2245579
>>2245580
doing god's work right here
>>
>>2245579
>Cotton long John underwear
>cotton
you wot
>>
File: images (84).jpg (44 KB, 691x444)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
So, how hard would it be to skii down Laila peak?
Would altitude be the only problem?
>>
>get bonus
>co-worker does some touring from time to time, wants me to join
>decide not to buy macbook pro m1 max
>go to ski shop
>say i want touring gear, to go day touring with friend but still use it on the piste rest of the week, maybe crash into tree and get paid sick leave
>we talk back and forth
>agree that "one ski to rule them all" is a tall order, but we gonna try, just like sauron.
>Volk Rise Beyond 96
>Dynafit Rotation 14
>Scarpa Maestrale

no reviews on the skis yet too new, but i hope this combo works out great for me.
>>
>>2246488
Seems like the lower third would be dicey. Also, with that angle, I would be concerned about avalanches.
>>
Anyone work as a snowmaker before? Got an opportunity to do it on the overnight shift at a local small hill for this season.
>>
>>2246501
The gear they set you up with is ideal for 80% touring/20% resort if you're cool with that idea. Dynafit rotations are fine, but they don't feel like an Alpine binding when you're riding them. If you haven't had them attached, I'd get either soloman or marker shifts if you're going to have resort days, especiallh if you ski hard/off piste/huck cliffs. Cast bindings are also pretty cool from what I've heard.
>>
> Nordica Enforcer 104 free as my daily drivers; some skinny ass Atomic Vantages as my rock skis / pure groomer crushers; some 15 yer old K2 Telemark skis as my touring and backcountry sticks
> Mt. Hood as my December home, mostly backcountry plus Timberline and Skibowl (first time on fusion pass, lets hope there's good snow and skibowl upper bowl is open lots) and Mammoth + Palisades as my california home mountains for early season and January-March home; some trips to Bach and Crystal too hopefully
> i got 65ish last year so lets aim for around that or a little more. Already have 3 days in and will have a total of 7 after this weekend so it's a promising start.
> Generally beef up my freeride skills: Learn to ride switch; do a 360; get more comfortable dropping bigger cliffs; explore the traverses and hike-to terrain at mammoth and palisades

>>2244373
yeeeeee whats up my Hood Dood. How do you like those fat Benny Chetty's for PNW?
>>
>>2245851
Anon is going a few times a year. Hell, I'm on the slopes 3+ times a week and use cotton on all but the most frigid days.
>>
>>2244373
A lot of people here use the more narrow benchets with shifts for touring
>>
>>2246559
thanks for the advice bro.
>but they don't feel like an Alpine binding when you're riding them
what do they feel like compared alpine?
>>
>>2245579
I’m the first replier. I think we’re actually giving mostly the same advice. I don’t want Anon to spend a ton of money either, and your specific advice regarding what to buy is good.

I disagree on the sunglasses vs. goggles point, though it depends a lot on your climate. I’m in the PNW where winds and weather are common, and I’ve had too many days ruined by poor eyewear. To each their own.

In terms of cost, I think it’s worth considering that ski gear does take a lot of wear, especially when you’re starting out. A few extra bucks can sometimes mean gear that will last longer, and lend a more enjoyable experience while you’re using it. Always an advocate of frugality though.

Have a great time out there anon!
>>
>>2246564
Spent most of the season at bachy last year so I didn't get many pow days on them because of that fuckin insane wind which was a bummer, but I got one day on 20 inches of freshies and I fuckin loved em. Super light for throwing 3's and backies off everything, floaty but not long as hell. I love to throw tricks on side hits everywhere on pow days so they're the literal perfect sticks. Super stoked to ride them again and I'm gonna try to get more days up at hood early season this year. Maybe I'll see you up there.
>>2246576
yea the original plan was to put some touring bindings on em but then I realized I didn't really have any buddies to go touring with since all my friends resort guys/park rats and all the tour bindings were sold out last year anyways so I was like fuck it throw some attack 13s on it and call it good. Why use the thinner ones for tour though? They aren't that much lighter to begin with afaik
>>
Fuck there are a lot of skiers in here. As it should be, you guys are faster and better on fucking everything.
I'm near Monarch Mountain and have a Flow Whiteout, a Rossi Sushi, and an old Ride Machete I ripped in half and built a splitboard out of. Usually on the mountain 3+ days a week once the snow starts. It's looking like a shitty start to the year but I guess I'll just drive to Wolf Creek since they always fucking have snow somehow.
>>
>>2246903
Wolf sucks don't even bother just go to Breckenridge instead
>>
File deleted.
Just bought new stuff for resort and touring. R8?

Head Kore 93
Rossignol Alltrack Pro 120LT
Salomin S/lab Shift MNC 13
>>
>>2247208
It's so fucking crowded dude. Maybe it was due to covid but this past season even weekdays were fucking insane. My timing may just fucking suck idk.
>>
>>2247245
Can you tell us how you ski?
Hard and sickleave? Relaxed and drunk?
>>
>>2232003
I heard it gets -70
>>
>>2247245
4/10. Shifts fucking blow for uphill and for downhill.
>>
>>2247707
Really??? Wtf what should I have taken then?
>>
>>2239614
Manlet detected
>>
>>2246567
He's also never gone before. Newbies spend more time on the snow and work harder sweating more. Dudes gonna be a cold,soggy mess before lunch wearing any cotton.
>>
Thoughts on the Line Sir Francis Bacon? I’m a Midwest pleb skier with pistebabby Atomic Smokes but I’m looking for something thiccer and more playful to compliment.
Also my only planned venture out of the Midwest this year is Big Sky in Montana. Haven’t been there before, so any tips would be much appreciated.
>>
volkl mantra m6 or elan ripstick 88/96's? Thinking 180-186ish length

6'3 240lb been skiing volkl unlimited r1's 170mm, light and fast. Tried rossignol experience 88's 178mm and they are awful, heavy and fatiguing. Float doesn't count for shit if you're exhausted. Mostly ski blacks, trees at northstar/kirkwood.
>>
I made it off crypto this year bros, going into REI tomorrow to load up on new everything gear and spend the entire season bumming around mountain resorts in Colorado. Let's fucking go.
>>
Just ordered these bad boys
>>
>>2249134
Denver REI? I'm going there this afternoon. Need any help picking gear?
>>
>>2246668
The pins at the front don't feel anywhere near as stable as a clamp binding. I'd never huck a cliff on pin bindings in general
>>
>>2246716
Understandable. I grew up taking annual trips to Colorado to ski and got by with sunglasses. It's definitely suboptimal, but works on a budget
>>
>>2246903
Lucky as fuck. The Backcountry near monarch is great, CB is awesome, and My Princeton hot springs is the ideal way to cap off a day of hard riding.
>>
>>2248456
If they don't sit on snow and religiously wipe the snow off their ass after a fall, they won't have any problem with wet underwear. That was me 4 years ago and I was fine
>>
>>2248965
What's your budget? Those are fine but you could do better for the money, especially if you're going somewhere big mountain like BS
>>
>>2249435
Nah just went to local shop, flying out to Colorado in a few days. Thinking of hitting keystone first, might see you on the slopes brother.
>>
>>2249462
>tilliegrowl@gmail.com

here's a throwaway email if you wanna rip together
>>
File: 1636558754492.jpg (94 KB, 1024x613)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
>>2249486
For sure, I'll hit you up later tonight.
>>
>>2249438
even those rotating dynafit ones?
>>
>>2249495
yes. they're the only pin binding I own (pictured attached to helios)
>>2239614
>>
>>2248269
enjoy your head rentals lebron faggot
>>
>>2249444
I'm really lucky to be here, looking forward to going to CB this year since last year got fucked by the coof - although cases are """"on the rise"""" again so who even knows. The community around here has a lot of transients, so everyone is pretty stoked to form little groups to go outside with. And for some reason the fucking chillbro douchebags, who think being effectively homeless entitles them to leech goodwill and favors, identify themselves extremely quickly so you don't have to deal with a lot of bullshit.
>>
Lifts start running on Friday let’s gooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
I never tried skiing or snowboarding before, which one should I do?
>>
>>2249972
Skiing was stagnant for a while but skiing has been way more fun since twin tip skis took over.
>>
>>2249972
If you're renting, try both
>>
>>2249714
Do you tour at all? I go out to monarch for tours a few times a season if you're interested in linking up
>>
>last year
>beginning of season
>only parts of the resort is open cuz of cold but very little snow, even with blasting snow cannons like global warming
>ski down to first lift
>oh no i forgot, the rules
>corona lifts
>social distancing lift queues
>takes 20 minutes to get on the anal lift
>"im certain they turned down the speed"
>-15C
>im litteraly dying here
>ski hard af to get warm, do some baby jumps
>my seal fat is the only thing keeping me alive
>"thank you frenc fries and double bacon cheese burger"
>get down to the lift again
>corona queue even longer, slowly starting to go up the piste
>-16C
>after 15 minutes my toes starts feel numb
>love handles starts burning
>slowly im getting there
>slowly towards the corona lift

i hope it gets better this year, we had like no-snow december and my dad was pretty shook about it
>>
New skis, how did I do? Never owned J Skis before
>>
>>2250644
pretty cool art on the skis, i like it.
but i could never buy skis like that, im afraid someone would steal em while im grabbing a coffee.
if they made skis in ugly thinkpad design i would buy that design, no one would steal that.
>>
>>2250823
Consider instead: a ski lock.
>>
>>2250823
People steal based on brand and model because they're going to sell it. It's not about whether they look cool.
>>
>>2250823
I live in Switzerland and everyone leaves their skis and bags full with gear unattended and nobody steals anything.
>>
>>2250980
Yeah maybe in europe but it's not like that in burgerland. I know quite a few people who have had skis stolen off the racks in front of the lodge.
>>
>>2234993
>are down right dangerous for skiing because it restricts your field of vision and it's harder to turn your hea
ya, none of that happens lol
>>
>189 Line Vision 108 w/ CAST. Looking for something wider for the deep days currently, would love a pair of Moment Wildcats
>Have a season pass at Alta so skiing there and all over Wasatch backcountry
> Realistically 60-70, would love to do more if I could
> Would love to ski Mt Superior south face this season, snowpack permitting. Otherwise drop some cliffs, one or two backflips. Keep my knees alive after years of abuse in the park.

Looks like there’s a lot of SLC skiers in here, any of you goons ride Alta?
>>
>>2251384
Yes and it’s killing my that the opening date got pushed back because I’ll be visiting family in the Midwest for Thanksgiving when they open instead of hitting the slopes
>>
What do you guys keep your ski gear in when you transport or store it? I’ve just been using a small duffle bag for my coat, pants, etc but it’s a bit small so boots don’t fit in it and i just leave loose in the car. Thinking about getting one of those large plastic bins for everything or maybe a much larger duffle bag.
>>
>>2251644
I'm a long gun case. Always scares soccer moms on a mountain
>>
>>2251644
I have the exact same thing. It sucks cause there's all this gravel that gets stuck to the bottom of my boot when the parking lot isn't covered in snow in spring time and it gets all over the inside of my car
>>
>>2230965
I’m looking for a pair of decent backcountry skis for touring/traversing. Any recommendations?
>>
>>2252040
Hard to recc skis without knowing ur height, weight, preferred terrain and skiing style.

You might check Blister’s buyer guide to see the different skis people like and their reasons for liking them.
>>
What are good skiing brands? Europe. Looking for some gloves for 0 - -10°C
>>
File: 20210811_122222.jpg (3.24 MB, 4000x3000)
3.24 MB
3.24 MB JPG
Does anyone have some bindings they would suggest that work with burtons weird triangle mount? I dont want to give up this board yet.
>>
>>2253287
Most standard bindings let you use the triangle holes if you do a diagonal set of two screws for each binding.
>>
>>2253608
Thanks for the tip, i had not considered that. 2 screws should hold it in well enough i think.
>>
>>2253612
I've done this and would not recommend. Search 'burton three hole plate' and find one that works with your bindings if you can, or search for an older pair of Cartels or Freestyles on ebay?
>>
File: 9107235912378510.jpg (35 KB, 540x385)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>mountain supposed to open next week
>0 inch base
>fucking rocks everywhere on the cams
>40s degree weather and no precipitation in the forecast
WE'RE NGMI FUUUUUUUUUU
>>
>>2253764
Does it not do a good job securing them to the board? Ive been trying to research what bindings are compatible or if i can find an adapter plate but its not as easy as i wouldve expected.
I feel silly buying new bindings for a board thats almost 15 years old but ive had poor luck with buying used before.
>>
>>2235301
I've been using skis from 2009 for the past 3 years, they're just fine. I wouldn't trust old bindings though, the ones they came with fell apart while I was going down the mountain.
>>
File: 9k=(63).jpg (5 KB, 128x128)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
>>2253781
>no other ski resorts in the region are open
>killington has a 15in base already
Ikon chads check in. Who hit opening day a couple weeks ago?
>>
>>2253783
My friend did it when he was living on a budget, it wasn't ideal but he still made it down the mountain. It mightve been three screws with a fucky binding angle, I can't really remember. Why do you wanna use that board so badly? You could get another cheap used board for the price of triangle bindings.

>>2253781
Where I live it's so fucked, I don't even know if the mountains are going to be open by January at this rate.
>>
>>2253966
Its silly but a lot of it is just nostalgia. Its the first board i owned and i learned on it.
I also hate owning stuff i cant use. The board is in great shape so even if i got a newer one i would keep this as a loaner, but i cant even do that until i get bindings for it.
>>
>>2230965
Anons it's been many a years since I gave been on the mountain, is it like riding a bike? Is it one of those things you never forget how to do?
>>
>>2254126
I think so, but you probably won’t be at quite the level you used to be.
>>
Beginner skier here, did a lot of ski last year and liked it so much I kitted myself with new gucci gear

Don't know muc about gear but I asked the guy I want quality gear that lasts, nimble and agile skis I can turn in a dime in any conditiion and that I can do some backcountry with (70% resort/BC). Here's what he got me

Head Kore 93
Shift MNC 13 bindings
K2 Mindmender 120
Salomon MTN S3 ALU adjustable ski poles

Thoughts?
>>
>>2254646
The boot should be fine as long as you got them fitted properly. Poles don't matter as long as they are proper length and don't snap in half. Shifts are fine as long as you actually use the touring capability. Your skis should perform fine in most resort conditions but they are on the narrow side so in deep snow (>8 inches) they will start sinking. I wouldn't recommend fatter skis to beginners anyway though so you should do alright on them. How tall are you and how long are your skis?
>>
>>2254735
I'm 5'9 170lbs. Is it written somewhere on the ski? The guy fitted them for me
>>
>>2254750
It might but I don't know. As long as they're slightly shorter than you the length is probably fine though.
>>
File: Snowblades.jpg (1018 KB, 1152x2048)
1018 KB
1018 KB JPG
The game of riding long skis is over boys

Allow me to grace the board with snowblades and other tricks of a freestyler....

You ever ridden a pair of 540 Phenoms 99cm?

Snowboarders made them and they rip down the hills like any ski but have AN INSANE turning radius and allow you to stop on a dime.

You can control in the most steep hills like it was nothing and can also do basic tricks the first day out on them as the learning curve is a literal 4 hour day before you can take on Black Diamonds and Glades.

The cliff stuff is so easy to get into position with on the edge and drop ins are easier to control because they are so lightweight.

People should have never gone any further than a pair of 135cm skis IMO

They are so much fun too when you are just having a good day out on greens

Blues you can open them up on the hills and fly so fast without fearing that you are going to miss a turn, and can correct out of a turn and be into another in a slalom without feeling that you are going to be too wide to keep in the lanes.

So fucking incredible...just try them

540s on the right 99cm
Salomon SnowBlades on the left 75cm

Also stiff boots are the rage on these

I use the Dalbelo Panterra 120's

Also RVL8 makes them wider so that you can use snowboard bindings on them if you want a powder and freestyle park ride ski boards

They are really kush wearing snowboard boots and yes they can hit Super G speeds as well

Cant wait to see a new class of competitive sport using this limitation for length....so many new comps will launch...
>>
>>2255216
Ski blades are nothing new. If you can’t handle real skis it’s because you suck. Have fun riding in anything ungroomed, retard.
>>
>Want to go on holiday this year
>None of my friends can afford it
>Know without them I won't have as much fun
Fuck bros what do I do
>>
File: 0e40lvfsq1z31.png (86 KB, 692x483)
86 KB
86 KB PNG
>>2256079
I've been saving all year for a holiday but without anyone to go with it seems a bit sad now
>>
>>2254646
shifts on both skis? if you want to strictly split powder gear from normal gear, i suppose. personally i would've gone with a dedicated resort ski and dedicated touring ski, both somewhere between 98 and 105mm width.
>>
File: splidd.png (179 KB, 850x850)
179 KB
179 KB PNG
I just ordered one of these with cryptocurrency gains guys I am so excited. I've been riding a home-built (voile kit) Ride Machete splitboard for three seasons. This is going to be so fucking fun fuck
>>
>>2253783
Sorry this is so damn late, I'm the guy who 'does not recommend'. There is a LOT of force going into bindings, I have had one shift on me mid-carve and I thought I was going to fucking die. Two screws is (imo) not enough unless you are an absolute beginner snowplow baby.
Yeah, there are typically two sizes of plate, regular and 'mini disc'. There aren't THAT many variations within those two categories and I know that there are universal plates (for the two sizes) that fit many many bindings. I've been retrofitting bindings onto my old Burton T6 for years.
What I have had the best luck doing is actually to take one of the bindings I want to use to a *used* gear shop, even better if they do some tuning on the side, and tell them you've got an old . They will help you find what you need.
I'm re-reading your post and you were asking about bindings, not plates initially - can you not find some older used Missions or Cartels that come with the 3-hole plate??
>>
>>2240927
sup bruh, OP here if you want to hit Schweitzer together.
>>
Heres a PSA for all you ski fags. Riding on pins in the resort is asking for tib/fib or ripping a toe piece out, and overall looking like a dumbass. Rotations and kingpins are great for touring but will never perform like an alpine binding. G3 skis are dogshit made in china and have shitty screw retention, albeit. Whats the point of touring on ultralight gear if you arent racing or doing something huge? you will ski like a bitch on some squirelly toothpick. Sure Maestrales are good boots but do they even fit you? the BC/touring scene has gotten so lame the last couple of years.
>>
File: ski.png (101 KB, 1001x281)
101 KB
101 KB PNG
I have been skiing here and there for a couple of seasons now but i still don't feel like i'm good at it.
I can survive blacks but i don't feel like i am in control when it gets steep cuz i feel the adrenaline and fear/insecurity kicks inn.
I need to check out what drills and stuff i can do to improve and boost my confidence so I don't get so afraid when it gets steep.
>>
>>2258492
What helped me was lapping the same steep line over and over again. First time I was terrified and struggled to make myself turn. It wasn't pretty and I didn't stay upright the whole time but I made it. So I did it again, and again, and again... didn't take long for me to be completely comfortable with it. Rinse and repeat for something steeper.
Also that pic you posted is retarded, they're all backseat as fuck except maybe the fourth guy who is damn near standing up straight.
>>
>>2230965
> RMU Northshore 108
> Sunlight, with the occasional Aspen trip when the snow is good
> 50, plan to get as much in as possible
> Start venturing more into the backcountry, the expert terrain inbounds is beginning to lose its appeal. Gonna treat myself this Christmas with a new touring setup! :D
>>
>>2255908
>Have fun riding in anything ungroomed, retard.

Like this faggot?
>>
File: Lost Boys Glades.jpg (259 KB, 1640x923)
259 KB
259 KB JPG
>>2258909
>>
>>2258912
hell yeah dude this looks awesome.
>>
>>2234499
Beta SV all the way imo. I have the Beta AR and the Beta SV and they are both great. When you are skiing there is no need for to many pockets and when you on foot you will have a backpack.
>>
>>2238483
Nah
>>
>>2258912
Ah, didn’t realize I was talking to an icefag
>>
Me and some friends plan to go skiing for the first time ever this month.

I know I can rent the ski gear, but what stuff do i need to buy before I get there. I'm from a place where it doesn't snow so I'm not sure what kinda of clothing I need for skiing.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.