[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

We used to have a thermos thread every fall but for some reason the tradition seemed to end.

Lets have a thermos thread for old times!
Have you gotten yours out yet?
Whats in your thermos?
Thermos thread
>>
File: gas heh.png (871 KB, 720x1280)
871 KB
871 KB PNG
when you need it- you NEED it
>>
I quit using mine. The hot-cold switch was faulty.
>>
>>2230962
its the arctic canteen for me. it may be a heavy little bastard, but for $15 you get a freeze proof, leak proof beat you could run over with a truck and which wouldnt rust if dunked in brine. for me, its worth every lb when full of some nice black tea on a winter hike.
>>
I am in a need of a thermos, do you have any recommendations for one? I live in Finland, if that matters. I don't like brightly coloured stuff so if it was in stainless steel or green/grey, it would be prefect. Also, I have no idea on how large the thermos should be. In army we had 1.2 litre food thermoses, but I am not 100% sure whether a flask that large is actually necessary. How large thermoses do you have and from what manufacturer?
>>
Luv me stanley
Simple as
>>
File: IMG_20211014_150648.jpg (2.76 MB, 3120x4160)
2.76 MB
2.76 MB JPG
I use a Emsa. Made in Germany. Keeps warm for Well over 10 hours. 0,7 litres is enough for me.
>>
>>2231019
>The hot-cold switch
wat?
>>
>>2231188
Get the green Stanley and pretend you are an American
>>
>>2231092
you got a link to that?
>>
>>2231280
https://armysurpluswarehouse.com/gi-issue-arctic-canteen/
>>
>>2231255
Actually I had been eyeing stanley thermoses, because they seem fairly robust when comparing to thermos brand thermoses. How do they differ with their heat retaining capabilities?
>>
>>2231255
Man so many people I know here have one of those.
>>
>>2231347
I've got one of these. Can confirm it's very nice
>>
>>2231663
Because they are pretty good
>>
File: stan.jpg (2.36 MB, 3000x4000)
2.36 MB
2.36 MB JPG
This thing is able to keep tea warm for two days. There have been times when I've left it cracked open overnight, and the tea was still warm in the morning. It outperforms any other Thermos I've ever had.
>>
>>2231968
you shouldn't be drinking tea, its gay for you
>>
>>2231969
why are you so concerned?
>>
>>2231979
He has concerns for your overall gayness and the gayness of the populous in general.
He is trying to be a concerned citizen who cares
>>
>>2231968
How well does it hold a seal if it is on the side ?
>>
>>2232123
Not him but no decent thermos will leak on its side unless it's broken.
>>
I've got two zorioushi's that have lasted me 5 years now
>>
>>2232301
>zorioushi
Is that some kinda weeb shit?
Get a stanley
>>
>>2232301
You mean zojirushi.

>>2233227
>>zorioushi
>Is that some kinda weeb shit?
Yes.
>>
File: !!!.jpg (20 KB, 600x339)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>2232301
>Zojirushi thermos are now made in China
>Same with Snowpeak

rreeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
I AIN'T GONNA PAY PREMIUM PRICES IF ISN'T MADE IN JAPAN
>>
>>2233460
Ayo what the fuck
damn japs sold out
Where are Stanley ones made?
>>
>>2233460
My snowpeak stuff all says made in japan, what did they move over there?
>>
>>2233470
take a wild guess
>>
>>2233494
for fucks sakes
>>
>>2233472
go check the website
all the thermos are ````DESIGNED'''' IN JAPAN which is codeword for Made in China
A lot of the titanium goods too
It's complete garbage considering that most of the goods were made in Japan a few years ago, huge sellout for the expansion into the American market

the flasks are still made in Japan though. Humorously enough, it's the first thing mentioned in the description on their website.
Only a matter of time. I would recommend at this point buying things from Rakuten instead of the US websites. They are completely sold out to China but the Japanese buyers still prefer made in Japan, so you'll need to buy like they do. Same thing with Zojirushi. Use Buyee as a proxy seller for Japanese shipping.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.