[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

>you WILL NOT defend your pets from cougar
>>
>>2229940
That's right, your mangy mutt is worth less than a rare and endangered wild cougar, deal with it dog "daddy".
>>
>>2229950
Lmao unless the state pays me for anylivest9ck or animals it kills I'm shooting it skining it and keeping it as a rug
>>
Fuck your worthless doggo u scum
>>
>>2229950
I don't give a damn about your big cats, I didn't raise them.
>>
>>2229988
This any animal that fuck with me or my animals gets a bullet I'll shoot a fucking bald eagle too
>>
>>2229940
>shoots badcat to protec doggo friend
>goes home
>sees on news sad tree hippi because catto ded
>if they find/lead it somehow to you "self defense protecting me from it"
>whofuckingcares but I would want to skin it and keep that as a tier of baddasery unlocked in life.
>>
>>2229940
Jannies banned me for 24 hours for making the /out/ thread about ranchers legally shooting your dog.
>>
>>2229952
This, there's no way big brother is going to compensate you, tigger can get fucked.
>>
File: 1630100675605.jpg (50 KB, 499x500)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>2229940
>can't defend yourself or your beloved property, pets, slaves, or family from a wild animal
so what can you actually do in america?
>>
>>2229940
If your dog is leashed like proper you'll never have to worry about that.
>>
>>2230108
That's because it was obvious trolling and you were just posting it to be a dick. Get it through your kiddy head that this whole site isn't /b/ and /pol/
>>
>>2230212
If you let your dog go running free where endangered predatory cats live you're an idiot. If you kill one because of the stupid situation you put yourself in you're a criminal.
>>
>>2229940
good, your stupid dime a dozen mutt is in the cougars territory. Now dont you have some dogshit to clean up?
>>
>>2230212
>considering livestock and domestic animals “””””””family”””””””

animefag can’t read. not surprising
>>
Dogs are based
>>
>>2230212
Cali barely qualifies as America. In fact most people want it to just go away.
>>
>>2230108
thats bc this isn't fucking /b/, trolling is actually frowned upon.
You city slicking faggot.
>>
>>2230226
>>2230268
It was citing actual law about how ranchers can legally shoot your dog in all states, with the support of law enforcement. It was put in funny format to increase engagement. Don't see how it was trolling. I guess /out/ has some butthurt good old boy ranchers that can't take having a spotlight put on their practices
>>
>>2230278
>Don't see how it was trolling.

Clearly. You're a dipshit child. Grow up and take the ban as a lesson.
>>
File: 1633796573198.gif (368 KB, 458x534)
368 KB
368 KB GIF
>>2230293
Not that anon but your such a cock sucking faggot i just have to say it
>>
>>2230293
Yep, learned that on /out/ you have to make it really obvious that your post is a joke, otherwise
>it's trolling
Doesn't mean I like it.
>>
>>2229952
Idk about Cali but some states reimburse livestock killed by wolves
>>
>>2229940
Yea sorry, youre not God just because you think you are and a bunch if subjective manmade laws say so. Go get fucked. Just because a badge or piece of paper says your in charge, that doesnt mean shit anymore.
>>
>>2230295
>>2230301
This whole site isn't /b/. That's what you newcomers never seem to get. You come here because you heard 4chan is the shitposting website where you can just go and be shitty. It didn't used to be like this and no I won't be quiet about you using this place as your toilet. If you truly don't understand why your thread was deleted you do not belong here.
>>
>>2229952
>>2230314
I would've thought there's insurance for that?
>>
>>2229950
>rare and endangered
>Conservation Status: Least Concern
>>
>>2229940
your pet is a net negative to the ecosystem, just like its owner
>>
File: 1479407990972.jpg (55 KB, 670x503)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>2229940
>voluntarily living in C*lifornia
>complaining about nonsensical laws/restrictions
wew lads
>>
Colorado you can't kill one to protect pets or black bears either
>>
>>2230326
>muh boards racial purity
>derails threads on interent wil self
>"youre a newfag"
>percieved sense of superiority
Insufferable faggot you derail every thread and shit it on my acting like a prick.
>>
>>2230455
Dude grow the fuck up. You made a shit thread, it got deleted for being shit and now you've been in multiple threads crying about it and calling everyone faggots. Stop acting like a child and you'll stop being treated like one. Get over your butthurt and don't use this place as your toilet.
>>
File: fuck_off.gif (1.53 MB, 540x357)
1.53 MB
1.53 MB GIF
>>2230239
You can't read, he said pets and family, he clearly differentiates between animals and humans.
>>
>>2230008
>that as a tier of baddasery unlocked in life.
Pointing a gun at something and pulling a trigger doesn't make you a badass, it just means you have the bare minimum functionality to point a stick and move your finger
>>
>>2230528
Oh have you ever shot a gun? Do you know how to use irons? Can you actually hit something without jerking your shot?
>>
>>2230537
I will admit I am not heavily experienced with guns, but yes have shot them. Do you yourself really even believe it makes you a badass to have shot it, sure it takes some skill to be good at aiming and shoot something, but thats not badass. You didn't do anything tough or very risky nor physically/mentally demanding other than a hike. You pointed a stick and pulled a trigger. How is that badass? A scrawny scared little girl or nerd could have done the exact same thing if they spent a couple days practicing first
>>
File: 20211008_200651.jpg (4.88 MB, 4032x1908)
4.88 MB
4.88 MB JPG
>>2230543
I wasn't the guy you were originally replying to but I think it would be badass to have a rare trophy the shooting part doesn't make you a badass though

I have a taxidermy owl that my grandpa found and has a tag for since he donated it to a school and they gave it back too him
>>
File: 20211009_165921.jpg (4.37 MB, 4032x3024)
4.37 MB
4.37 MB JPG
>>2230508
I wasnt the anon that made that thread lol im just calling you out in your ego trip on an anonymous image board. (YOU) need to grow up
>>
>>2229940
>shoot cougar
>bury it
>not tell anyone about it
???
>>
>>2230620
>shoot a cougar
>leave it exactly where it is
>tell no one
???
>>
>>2230543
It's obvious you have zero experience shooting under duress, operating in high adrenaline situations, and/or hunting.
>>
>>2230642
Regale us with your tacticool stories, O Mighty Operatortard.
>>
>>2230548
Whatever. If you're defending him crying over having a shit thread deleted then you're just as bad.

>>2230008
It's not a bad cat. It's a wild cat. If a domestic dog gets attacked it is the fault of the owner for letting it get in that situation. Shooting an endangered animal because you're a stupid pet owner is dusgraceful and criminal.
>>
>>2229940
Where is this from, no-link-posting-faggot
>>
>>2230838
https://www.dnr.state.mn.us/mammals/cougar/index.html
>>
>>2230842
I hate minnesota so god damn much.
>>
>>2230897
https://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,4570,7-350-79135_79218_79619_84911---,00.html
>>
>>2230900
>you can only kill them if they are tame
Great, makes sense to me.
>>
>>2230904
>say it was acting tame
>Shoot it
>Keep spare collar in truck just in case
>>
LMAO of all places CALI let's you kill them to protect pets
>>
File: 1633575025861.png (881 KB, 1592x2200)
881 KB
881 KB PNG
>>2230909
/k/alifornians rise up
>>
>>2230904
Did you even spend a moment to think about context? The whole purpose is to get the cats back to a sustainable population in nature. That's why if you're a dumbfuck who goes hiking in cougar territory letting your dog run free and it becomes cougar lunch, that's your problem not the cougar.

If on the other hand you're a rich fuck keeping cougars as pets that's a different situation. It's never going to be a wild cougar and be part of nature, it's just a glorified house cat. So if one of those gets away from it's dipshit owner and attacks your dog then you're free to kill it because it's a feral pet not an endangered wild animal.
>>
>>2229950
rootless, soulless urban faggot detected.
>>
>>2229995
based
>>
>>2230924
Urban? It's city folk who get most pissed over shit like this.
>>
>>2230922
>if you're a dumbfuck who goes hiking in cougar territory letting your dog run free and it becomes cougar lunch, that's your problem not the cougar.
I'm not a dumbfuck; who has a dog; and would let it run off in the wild; and get upset it was hunted
I'll only kill an animal if it is actively trying to kill me or has/suspected of killing my livestock (who would be in a secure area so they shouldn't be roaming)
>back to a sustainable population in nature
what about humans ?
>>
>>2230952
Then it sounds like you're not someone who would run into the problem the thread is about in the first place so congrats.

>what about humans ?
An aggressively invasive species, not always terrible but it can easily get out of control and do incredible damage which is the current state of things. Hopefully Gaia can sweat out the infection.
>>
>>2230968
>lives in such an area
Oh, okay.
>>
>>2230971
Well if you don't live in cougar country and aren't stupid enough to let your dog run loose there what's the problem then?
>>
>>2230974
>nonsense
The problem, objectively, is that calm animals are more legally allowed to be killed than aggressive animals. That seems counter-intuitive
>if it's attacking your animal, well whatever no shooting
>if it's calm- fair game go get it
>>
>not le heckin pupperino!
Lol yeah bro your shitty dog is very important, sucks you let a cougar kill it.
>>
>>2230978
>The problem, objectively, is that calm animals are more legally allowed to be killed than aggressive animals.

That's not the claim at all though.
>>
>>2231090
actually read this >>2230900
>wild cougar may kill your animals and are protected
>domesticated cougar may be shot for trying to kill your pet
>an animal that is tame or unafraid is likely domesticated, therefore shoot-able
>>
>>2229961
Seeth you laughable troon.
>>
>>2230931
Lol no, it's muhgunners in the country who seethe at not being able to shoot whatever wildlife they want. You see it all over the world, like with wolves in Europe and Dingoes in Australia
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/may/01/wild-wolf-shot-and-killed-in-denmark
Also rural New Zealanders with dogs have been seething for years at the government dropping poison pellets across the country to kill invasive species, since they can kill dogs if they're dumb enough to let them off leash and roam around in the bush
>>
>>2231096
No. It's that an animal kept as a pet isn't part of the ecosystem so it's not protected as wildlife. It's got nothing to do with it being more tame.
>>
>>2230635
This is what people do where I live, all the neighbors thank the guy who does it because hurt/killed dogs suck.
>>
>>2231322
You're all basically criminals then.
>>
>>2230643
Not necessary, not an argument, and my statement was clearly accurate. Stick to tamped dirt paths you find on all trails kid.
>>
>>2231340
No one cares enough to charge us.
>>
>>2231348
If the person who did it was reported they'd be charged. It just so happens you live in an area with other selfish amoral criminals who don't care about nature. How fucking hard is it to keep your dog close when you know you're hiking near endangered cougars?
>>
>>2231358
>hiking
Yeah if you're hiking you shouldn't kill the wildlife, I was talking about a "neighborhood" (if it can even be called that, it's maybe 5 houses per square mile.)
>>
>>2231360
Even less reason to kill it.
>>
>>2231428
You're the Muslim asshole from the other thread aren't you.
Guns are for pests and invaders.
>>
>>2231428
>Be anon
>dog is in your fenced yard
>cougar jumps in to get dog
>its wrong to shoot cougar

Really?
>>
>>2229950
Dogs are genetically predisposed to be your loyal friends. Fuck those glorified cats.
>>
File: 1624377884395.webm (996 KB, 640x480)
996 KB
996 KB WEBM
>>2230528
Yeah, you should box the fucker to protect your dog
>>
>>2231503
Yes. Because as a landowner in an area with cougars it is your responsibility to fence so cougars can't get at your dog. The dog's death is your fault and shooting the cougar is a crime.

>>2231496
Absolutely not Muslim. I just respect nature and the law.
>>
I will attempt to scare off the cougar because they are an important species with a population that is too low but if it does go for my dog I’ll just shoot it and leave because there aren’t cops in the woods waiting to arrest me for it.
>>
>>2229940
"Regulated cougar hunting is still common in the United States and Canada. Although cougars are protected from all hunting in the Yukon; hunting is permitted in every U.S. state except California from the Rocky Mountains to the Pacific Ocean. The cougar cannot be legally killed without a permit in California except under very specific circumstances, such as when a cougar is in act of pursuing livestock or domestic animals, or is declared a threat to public safety.[62]"

tl;dr - OP is lying through his teeth
>>
>>2231620
>The cougar cannot be legally killed without a permit in California except under very specific circumstances, such as when a cougar is in act of pursuing livestock or domestic animals, or is declared a threat to public safety

Did you actually read the text of the OP post? It says exactly this.
>>
>>2230263
I was going to point this out. California is pretty much European as far as laws go. New York is similar, but far more of a shithole.
>>
>>2231629
It's good to know there's at least a couple places in that country that are at least semi-civilized.
>>
>>2231624
Text of OP's post :
>you WILL NOT defend your pets from cougar
directly contradicting "is in act of pursuing [...] domestic animals"
>>
>>2230537
Why do poorfags spend so much money on rocks (precious metals), guns (things that throw rocks really fast) and bullets (throwable rocks)?

You ever notice that 99% of people who screech about gun rights and ammo shortages in America are those who are working class or poorer? Really makes you think. Their entire life involves around using rocks, it’s like they haven’t evolved past being cavemen
>>
>>2231634
>the people who don't benefit from the system want to be able to have the means to defend themselves and or provide for themselves.
Really gets the noggin joggin
>>
>>2231633
I meant the text in the image outlaying the actual rules. And indeed, if you're just a regular citizen without that specific permit you absolutely cannot.
>>
>>2231642
I realize it's a long and slightly convoluted sentence, but it states that a regular citizen without a permit may kill a cougar that's pursuing pets or livestock.
>>
>>2231634
Why do people afraid of guns have to come up with such retarded arguments to try and shame people who aren't afraid of guns?

Really makes you think.
>>
>>2229950
fuck you, i'd turn the last goddamn panda on earth to fucking swiss cheese if it acted threatening towards my dog. beat it to death with a goddamn koala if i have to.
>>
>>2231634
lmao stephen a smith tier hot take
>>
>>2229940
Lol "do not shoot people" either but if they're running up to my family member or pet to kill them, they're getting lead inside them.
>>
>>2231673
>>
>>2231342
heh, I see you are a fellow badass
I tip my fedora in recognition and then fade away into the mist...

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.