[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 91 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: s-l500.jpg (31 KB, 500x500)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
What flashlight/s are /out/ approved?
>>
>>2229791
one that works™
>>
>>2229791
NGL, Flashlights are cool but I only feel the need to carry a headtorch around. Can someone let me know what advantages a flashlight has over a headtorch?
>>
>>2229800
you can attach a small torch anywhere, a headlamp not so much
>>
>>2229800
>Can someone let me know what advantages a flashlight has over a headtorch?
Flashlights are better for tactical larpniggers wanting to play make-believe soldier. that's about all I can think of.
For actual sc/out/s, a headlamp does everything a flashlight can do, and more.
>>
>>
>>2229800
Power. Flashlight is much more powerful.
>>
>>2229791
I bought pic related on aliexpress a few years back for $2.50 each. pretty good lights. they are like $12 elsewhere.
>>
>>2229800
A headlamp is best for wide "spill" and up close work.
A handheld flashlight is best for narrow "throw" and traveling outside.
>>
>>2229812
If you have a good flashlight and a shitty headlamp, then yes.
>>
>>2229800
The coastguard requires flashlights on boats.
>>
>>2229791
streamlight 66608 for edc & general usage.
>>
>>2229870
I am guessing you have never had a high end flashlight .
No headlamp can put out the same lumens
>>
>>2229870
Are you retarded?
>>
>>2229897
>>2229914

Retarded niggers posting in a thread with an "as seen on TV" product in the OP.

Daily reminder the Jannies should be doxed if they don't do their fucking jobs.
>>
>>2229969
Or you can not be a faggot and make a modicum of attempt to make the thread worthwhile. However, you either cut off your dick or you're here just to shitpost. If none of the above, then start posting flashlights for OP.
>>
>>2229969
>thread with an "as seen on TV" product in the OP.

Jesus fuck dude, you sure do have a lot of rules you want enforced.
Are there any other boards you shit up all day long or does this one take up all of your time?
>>
>>2229969
Quit trying to police threads, retard.
>>
Why would I want a sweaty, nasty,, 1/2 poind headband on when I'm exerting myself outdoors?
The only.people that use them are pansy assed faggots who need their hands free for carrying their 50 quart cooler full of mountain dew for the 50 foot distance from the car to their campsite.
>>
>>2229791
Thrunite TH20
Not the brightest headtorch, but its robust, waterproof and fairly cheap.
Perfect for outdoors.
>>
>>2230002
wanting to have your hands free is stupid, fucking morons. Does your headlamp have the ability to conjure the sun?
>>
Are we getting raided again? It's just trolls trolling trolls around here today.
>>
>>2230004
that thing's ridiculous and a fire hazard, but it'd be worth to have for things like going to places at night and loudly proclaiming 'I wonder how this would look during daytime"
>>
File: 1634064235536.jpg (1.59 MB, 2402x1662)
1.59 MB
1.59 MB JPG
pic related is what I have with me on the keyring/ in the backpack. The small one still can put out plenty of light over quite a range, but not for long. Also has a UV sidelight
The bigger one is an imalent IF25A, almost 4000 lumen max (though it heats up quickly, so that maximum brightness isn't for long time), 21700 battery, and still it's only like 30-40$. Also it has a fancy firmware (anduril) that's capable of stepless brightness adjustment and all sorts of other modes and even adjustable settings like stepdown temperature and quick-access brightness levels.
>>
>>2230302
I have a headlamp by them, maybe I should pick up another flashlight too.
>>
File: 484595f6da77ec5a44.jpg (234 KB, 1402x1200)
234 KB
234 KB JPG
I have some small chink flashlight that runs on a single AA that I keep in my bag as a secondary backup light along with my old nitecore NU25
neither of them get much use though because pic related fulfills all my illumination related needs extremely well
>>
>>2229969
They should ban u nigger
>>
File: imalent-ut90-25.jpg (88 KB, 1500x1000)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
>>2230302
silly me, I meant Sofirn IF25A, not Imalent.
I do have an imalent, the UT90. Big high range thrower flashlight. Not really practical to me, but that beam it makes is very impressive.
>>
for me, it's the astrolux ft03 xhp50, the best cheap thrower
>>
>>2229800
Checked. And i prefer the headlamp desu. Its way better to have free hands. But my spare light is a regular small flashlight
>>
>>2230312
so you would recommend that one? I'm looking for a headlamp myself.
>>
>>2229897
they can put out quite a bit
https://ledx.se/produkt/214-1
>>
>>2231916
I have a headlamp which can nearly light up my backyard, it's stronger than our floodlight. It also gets burning hot and only lasts for a short period of time, but the batteries definitely need to be changed. Point being, the guy you are responding to is mistaking the output of headlamps as the problem when the real concern is the heat.
>>
>>2229969
Go back to plebbit, faggot.
>>
Wurrkos FC11 is a solid go to light, Cheap as well
>>
>>2229969
go back to /toy/, children shouldn't stay outside past dark
>>
File: ga.jpg (116 KB, 1280x720)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
>>2229791
Guardian Angel Elite, 140 hours lithium ion battery life on the lowest setting, usb c charging, shock and water proof, hands free magnetic clip, strobe light for emergencies. No goofy headlamps.
>>
>>2232054
lmao what the fuck is that shit
>>
File: IMG_20211004_193059.jpg (730 KB, 3264x1840)
730 KB
730 KB JPG
>>2231878
It depends what your needs are, I really love the thing though.
things i like:
-the white light is plenty bright, just be careful not to set it face down on anything you don't want holes melted in when it's turned up
-red light goes from very dim to bright enough to see a good 100ft or so down the trail, I really like not having to switch to white light if I need to see further than 5 feet ahead
-removable 18650 battery you can swap out, and there's a usb-c port on the back of the light so you don't need a separate charger for the batteries
-it actually has a good battery charge indicator unlike the NU25, so at least you know it's entirely your fault if you forget to charge the thing before going out
-doesn't have the bright orange everything that most fenix lights have
-I haven't given it proper testing yet, but it's decently waterproof and has a magnesium frame so it should hold up pretty well to getting smacked around and dropped on rocks

downsides:
-you have to buy it from finland since it's a special version varusteleka had them produce the normal HM65R has two white lights instead of a red and bright orange straps
-it's a lot heavier and more expensive compared to something like the nitecore NU25, it weighs like 150g with the battery in so you definitely feel it a bit when you're wearing it
-it's got the white light and red light and that's it, the NU25 has a secondary warm white light that's nice for reading things like that

This thing is great if you need a big boi light and don't mind the cost and weight, but if you aren't sure you need it or just want something cheap and light I can really recommend the NU25. It also makes an excellent backup if you buy a bigger light later since it's super compact and lightweight so you can just throw it in your pack and forget about it until you need it.
>>
>>2229791
Why can't I get a lamp with a simple on and off button these days?
Has anyone in the history of mankind used those flashing shit things for any purpose ever?
I just find it fucking obnoxious that I have to press the same button for like 4 times at least to turn a light on and then off again.
What the fuck is the point of the flashing shit if not accidentally blinding yourself in the dark?
>>
>>2232424
>What the fuck is the point of the flashing shit if not accidentally blinding yourself in the dark?
adding a feature to list on the amazon page while costing nothing to implement
every cheap chinkshit will have it, but decent quality lights either don't have it or have controls so that you don't have to activate it if you don't need it
>>
>>2229803
Fenix headlamps are detachable to use as a flashlight, they make great flashlights too.
>>
>>2232054
I rather have a real head lamp.
>>
>>2229969
/out/ literally doesn't have jannies, you mangled nutsack
>>
>>2232082
>>2232764

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWXG-tLlxRE
>>
>>2233164
I don't really like it. I'll just stick to my Thrunite Th20.
>>
>>2229791
Protip on these flashlights- you can make them into badass rechargeable lights if you buy these $5 Walmart power banks, rip them apart and use the cell in the flashlight instead of the 3x AAA’s. Then get yourself a lithium charging rig and recharge the cells outside of the light when needed
>>
>>2233244
Those cheap OP lights sometimes come with a plastic tube for 18650s, but the larger cells from the $5 power banks fit perfectly without the tube.
>>
>>2233245
Don’t underestimate these stick lights either. Awesome for area light, magnetic base is great around the house and garage, USB charging makes it super easy to keep them topped off.

Also the father in law just got me that Coast headlamp for my birthday. That thing is sweet. 2500mAh 18650 inside, and the light comes out of the strap and holder and had a magnet on the base. Zooms in and out a bunch, and It has a turbo mode that is real bright.
>>
>>2233247
Happy bday Bepis.
>>
>>2233285
Thx bby

Went to shitty Harbor Freight because they finally sent out a coupon and got a penlight, USB recharge but I haven’t popped it open to see what cells are in there yet. The UV light sold me on it, useful with automotive shit when you gotta track down leaks.
>>
File: 6D maglite.jpg (9 KB, 390x388)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>2229791
6D Maglite
>>
>>2233415
i miss the maglite era bros...
>>
>>2233415
This is still the top tier car flashlight.
>>
>>2233245
>but the larger cells from the $5 power banks fit perfectly
Holy cow! How did I not notice this!
>>
>>2233415
I want a mag light staff
>>
File: IMG_2585_1100px.jpg (334 KB, 1100x733)
334 KB
334 KB JPG
I am a flashlight nerd. I require high CRI and Anduril. I've been using the Emisar D4V2 for a couple years and I just switched to the Noctigon KR4. It's basically the same thing with a tail switch, and it's a little bulkier. I don't use all the silly modes but I am addicted to the continuous ramping, I like to use the minimum amount of light for what I'm doing to save battery but you can still go maximum with a double click.
>>
>>2234041
It’s pic related, not sure if Walmart still sells them. The 6700mAh pack for $10 is two cells. And if you want to charge the cells on the cheap, find 2 test leads and you could easily use the USB board out of the power bank with a micro USB charger.
>>
>>2234051
I've got the Sofirn IF25A (I already posted above), kinda the cheaper version of the D4V2. I like it, but I wish there was a light like it with a higher capacity for heat / more heat sinking for faster cooling. Even if it was longer. Something that could be run at the maximum brightness without heating the entite thing up to unpleasant degrees within seconds. Like my Imalent UT90 runs at 1500 lumens for two hours without stepping down, but it's of course very unwieldy, and its interface is the polar opposite of Anduril. 4 brightnesses (oddly arranged too: lowest is 30, followed directly by 1500, then 3000 and the 4800 turbo) and strobe and a lockout feature, that's it.
I like those anduril bonus modes. They're gimmicky, but not something you can get anywhere else easily. A couple of weeks back I went out with friends at night, (to talk and also try our lights out, I was the first one to start with the fancy lights and got them into it). Activated the lightning storm mode as we sat on a bench under a tree, shining it into the treetop. It was a really cool effect as there was no other light.
>>
just ordered one of these because I luv me fenix headlamp and want a little UV light for looking at rocks and bugs, rate
>>
>>2229800
these >>2229812 >>2229818
are good reasons.

But I prefer having free hands.
>>
>>2229791
I got jumped by a group with strobe lights walking on a beach at night.
They rim around the torch left a crescent shaped scar in my head too.
Really effective - I couldn't see shit.
Carry around a strobe light when I go walking at night now.
(Australia btw, inb4 "but gun?")
>>
>>2229969
how does it feel to get so thoroughly HUMILIATED by so many others?
>let's see how the fag tries to deny it and play like he baited everyone or any other argument to not make it seem like he's been humiliated
>>
>>2234382
Anon, he's long gone. He's a "1 post by this ID' type of poster.
>>
File: ML300LX.png (523 KB, 1462x484)
523 KB
523 KB PNG
Is the Maglite-ML300LX a good basic flashlight to get to just have around? I know that Maglite stuff is just a meme at this point, nothing like their older stuff, but I don't care if it costs me $80. I just want something rugged, durable, bright. I don't need it to exceed in any category, just meet a "Good" level for them all.
For in-house/outdoors use. Long battery life is important, and preferably minimal drain from sitting around.
I don't know much about flashlights to be honest.
>>
I have an OLight I3T ($20, AAA, 5/180 lumens) which does a good enough job for finding stuff at night. USB rechargable would have been preferable but I make do. Not gonna buy another light so soon just yet. I also have a ProTac HL4 (60/600/2200 lumens max) which is less portable and not really palmable, but good for longish distance signaling at night, improvised blunt melee weapon, and illuminating or blinding attackers. There are brighter handheld throw lights, but this got the job done once well enough along with pepper gel.
>>
>>2229791
>What flashlight/s are /out/ approved?
*Fleshlights
>>
>>2234445
>he's a polcel type of poster
>>
>>2234269
useless consoomer junk
>>
I've got a black diamond storm 400. I enjoy it. It has a blue and green LED that I have never ever used though.
>>
>>2232424
Get a surefire or streamlight. The different mode is a meme. High and low is all you need. Get one from an American manufacturer so warranty isn't an issue. Look to spend around $100
>>
>>2235119
How can I be when I fucked your mom in the woods?
>>
>>2234965
I guess its probably not a bad grab if no one flipped out on me. I'll just go for one of these for now.
>>
File: IMG_20211020_141241.jpg (3.23 MB, 3957x3000)
3.23 MB
3.23 MB JPG
Nitecore and Fenix both make good products
>>
>>2229800
This exactly. Don't even bother carrying a flashlight since I got one
>>
>>2229793
fpbp. I always just get the cheap shit in the battery isle. I came back to my boat the other week and one had fallen into the bilge and soaked for idk how long. It still works.
>>
File: IMG_20211026_164626.jpg (3.1 MB, 4160x1920)
3.1 MB
3.1 MB JPG
>>2234269
update: I have received it and I like it so far
white light is plenty bright for finding stuff in the dark and it's a nice warm shade instead of the eye-searing white of my headlamp
UV is not as bright as you would get in a big boi light, but it's plenty if you're using it in the dark like me and you can see brightly fluorescent items like scorpions at a good distance
very lightweight and compact, easily fits in pocket or pen holders on my jackets
my only complaint is that the half-press on the power button to switch modes is a bit finicky, it's very easy to accidentally turn it off when you're just trying to increase the brightness or switch to UV
>>
Any flashlight that uses a 18650 because I already carry those batteries for my massive vape beast dawg
>>
>>2239012
A ton of flashlights do. Even the cheap ones in the OP do, see my pic here >>2233245
>>
>>2235249
based and correct opinion pilled
I've mostly gone over to fenix because they have some lights that fit my purposes better, but nitecore makes some outstanding budget lights
>>
File: 41vNtMunndL._AC_.jpg (18 KB, 500x276)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>
File: QK16L-SB-main.jpg (144 KB, 2400x1590)
144 KB
144 KB JPG
For me it's Foursevens
>>
>>2229791
I don't know about /out/-approved but I like a streamlight sidewinder compact 2 for a headlamp and a klarus 360x1 for longer range.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (44 KB, 1101x716)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>2232424
>blinding yourself in the dark
don't shine your light on a reflective surface and stare at it, imbecile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cN2K7UhT6rk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9vc10WpRbw
>>
>>2229791
The ones that light up half the forest
>>
>>2229791
Is there such a thing as a good keychain flashlight?
>>
Mini Maglite
>>
>>2239904
Take a look at the Nitecore Tiki, as pictured in >>2230302 . Does up to 300 lumen, and has a warm white and a UV sidelight (the latter for doing things like checking money, making scorpions glow and quickly charging GITD stuff). The entire light is basically the same size and weight as a single AA battery.
I've had it on my keychain daily for over a year now and it's held up great. Also gave some to friends and my mum and theyre very pleased with it.
>>
>>2239904
no
>>
>>2229791
>>
File: DSC_6707-23_3Dflag.png (254 KB, 1800x1800)
254 KB
254 KB PNG
>>2240202
>he doesn't edc a flaglite
ngmi
>>
>>2232424
Low/high and spot/wide are really useful
There's no reason they can't have an on/off and mode select buttons though, beyond wanting to save 2c on components
>>
>>2239206
I'd have to be inside of a black hole to not shine my light on reflective surfaces. Everything absolutely every single fucking thing in the forest reflects the light back to my precious sensitive eyeballs and I die because of that.
>>
File: edcl1.png (183 KB, 1376x569)
183 KB
183 KB PNG
>>2229791
Buy American
>>
File: IMG_20200816_110435~2.jpg (906 KB, 3604x2051)
906 KB
906 KB JPG
These 2 are my faves.
Jetbeam jet-u EDC on my keyring AAA battery with 3 light outputs. Had it for probably 5 years
And my 4 7s quark aa. Had it for 11 years, with the single battery body, and some lithiums to run it bright with the small body of I want to.
I also had a solarforce with a couple of cheap drop in heads which I really like that ran those 18600 batteries. Left that with the wife when I split with her. But for a cheap torch with lots of accessories, it's hard to beat.
>>
>>2229791
I have these and theyre good but after a while they fucking suck. The metal pin cylinder thing that gets the electricity from the battery gets damaged and bent by the battery and causes it to not work at well or not work at all.
>>
>>2240240
>$165
This is the problem with so much of the “Made In USA” shit. Make me a good product in the States that is as good as the better Chinese stuff for like 20%-30% more than the chinkshit to offset the labor costs and I’ll buy it no problem. But when you’re trying to charge 3x the price of a similar Asian model, it’s hard to justify the money for muh patriotism.
>>
Wurrkos FC11
Have it, like it, small and bright with different settings and doesn't feel tacticool
>>
I just use a police flashlight with the assault points on the end of the bulb so I can 1v1 a jannie if I have to. jk. Just use a head light if you’re newfag to /out/
>>
>>2229810
Why is the clip upside down?
>>
>>2229897
You don't need that many lumens.
>>
File: 20200811_214127.jpg (2.2 MB, 3024x3024)
2.2 MB
2.2 MB JPG
>>2229800
Not being automatically headshot when stranger shoots at bright light on your forehead is one. Besides that literally anything involving water as the reflection of light will be shining in your own face. I also like to flash a flashlight in direction wothout turning head like oldschool Batman.

But honestly who doesnt carry both?

Olight or Nitecore
>>
>>2242704
>But honestly who doesnt carry both?
This. Got a thrunite TH10 head lamp, carry a stream light protact in the back pocket. I don't care for olight any more, kept having battery issues, than one blew up and killed a guy using it.
>>
>>2241031
Dual clip so you can attach it several ways.
>>
>>2240240
>buy American
>buy from a company that anti 2nd amendment and thinks only Leo and law should have guns.
Nope.
>>2242730
I love thrunite, also fenix.
>>
>>2242733
Leo and military* either way, fuck them.
>>
>>2229800
So you can illuminate things without turning your head. Notable applications include being in a cave
>>
>>2233245
Nigger we didn't like you on /diy/ your faggotry here on /out/ is an insult.
>>
>>2233826
Because it can be wielded as well?
>>
>>2233419
>i miss the maglite era bros...
They were good flashlights but they sucked batteries down pre-LEDs and there wasn't much in the way of premium flashlights on the market then anyway. It was Mag Lite or some cheap plastic shit by Rayovac
>>
>>2242862
Hey bby ;^)
>>
>>2240605
I have this and I hate that the button is on the side instead of the bottom. Makes it very hard to turn on in the dark
>>
>>2229791
I own exactly the same model as pictured for my BoB. Got it for dirt cheap so I only expect it to work but it does more. Sacrifices being waterproof for being able to charge directly by usb, has two adapters so you can either power it by 18650 (which I power everytihing with) cell or 3 x AAA batteries. I was surprised it even comes with SOS in morse blinking mode.
>>
>>2242862
>not liking Bepis
Get the fuck outta here.
>>
>>2229969
>Retarded niggers posting in a thread with an "as seen on TV" product in the OP.
you are such are FAGGOT!
>>
>>2229791
test
>>
>>2243315
Test failed! You lose!
>>
>>2232424
All anduril lights have a moonlight mode, running it with like .5% power, turned on by just holding the power button from off.
>>
>>2243472
what's the point
>>
>>2243474
Well, he said he doesn't want to blind himself. You start it on low, say if you're in a tent or heard a bump in the night and don't want to unleash the full power of the sun and ruin night vision. Continuing to hold the button will quickly ramp it, and ramp speed/steps are all configurable.

Point is, the tools are there
>>
I have 3 of these spread out across my kit, car, and house. Has a magnet in the battery cover so it can stick on metal without much difficulty and I like the adjustable head on it so I can point a light where I need it to go. Plus the clip is good for wearing it on my chest for hands free stuff. The beam pattern isn’t the greatest but there’s three modes and the head does come off if a handy anon wanted to try swapping diodes out.
>>
>>2233415
My uncle has one of these from his old security guard days in Detroit.. Said he knocked out at least 2 people with it, one of which leaving teeth marks in the handle. Not sure how true the teethmark bit is, but I definitely believe the former.
>>
>>2233826
Top tier till you have to use it and don't have someone to hold the flashlight while you do shit.
>>
Any thoughts on the Warrior 3?
>>
>>2246100
Olights are nasty and blue, only really good as tacticool gunlights. Also cost too much, there are much better comparable ones.
>>
>>2243772
The cops in Harper Woods used to pour a bit of lead into the ass-end of their maglights to add a little oomph to them.
>>
>>2242902
Is the vibrator mini for cunny?
>>
Maglite Solitaire Incandescent Ver.
Let me guess, you need more.
Take the battery powered candle pill
>>
I'm picking up a Nitecore p30 on AliExpress since there's a sale
>>
I mostly use my shit for urbex and so it has to have super low moonlight mode, so I can get fat stacks of l00t without alerting every guard in existence with typical 30-100 ""low"" modes most flashligh usually have.

My arsenal includes Armytec wizard headlamp, D4V2 (useful as heck but quite fragile, my first flashlight to actually crack a glass lens after a few drops here and there), and some Convoys
>>
>>2246860
*30-100 lumen ofc
>>
>>2246369
1000lm and 70+USD? There's better Hanklights for casual use or Matemincos if you need over-the-top pocket laser cannons.

Is there any reason to get Nitecore over those?
>>
>>2230166
I laughed for the first time in days at this, thanks anon
>>
File: 20211111_055853.jpg (1.53 MB, 4032x1816)
1.53 MB
1.53 MB JPG
Always used LedLenser in the past but now I'm using this little fucker, I like the L shape and the magnet but the charging is dumb and the battery cap keeps unscrewing slightly

Also the size, it's nice that it is easy in the pocket, but you also loose it
>>
File: Where.gif (3.03 MB, 480x480)
3.03 MB
3.03 MB GIF
I'm looking for a flashlight where the on/off button and lightmode button are 2 different buttons. ideal would be:
on/off - push button
mode - screw or slide button
bonus if it runs on normal batteries (AAA or AA)
>>
>>2247013
Fenix or nitecore makes some models like that.
>>
>>2230003
Nice. I got the bigger brother the TH10. Runs off two CR123s or a single 18650. Great light, keep several in cars, day pack, so forth.
>>
I just bought a Thrunite Catapult Mini. No I don't actually need a throw light that much this is just a dumb hobby for me now.

I don't want to sign up for paypal to get a hanklite nor do I trust aliexpress.
>>
Why are lights so expensive?
>>
File: 869158.jpg (49 KB, 880x660)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>
>>2248460
I think it's a lot of markup.
>>
I’m after a light that won’t blind the shit out of my dog when walking at night so I figured I’d look at throwers so I can control the beam a bit better.
Anyone know if I’m on the right track with either the lumintop d2 or the sofirn if22a? Would like a wurrkos ts21 but I’m worried it’s too floody and will blind the doge. Would prefer a 4000k thrower but can’t seem to find one. I’m not particularly after a thrower, I just need the tighter spot.
>>
>>2248691
If you're worried about your dogs vision you could consider a red light. Similar to how we can't see ultraviolet light; dogs can't see red light. That or just be happy with a 500 to 1k light
>>
File: Flashlight.jpg (35 KB, 484x500)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
i use one of these
>>
>>2229791
I never had much use for a flash-light, I use headlamps like most people here, they are way more practical. Petzl works or me.
>>
Admit it guys, you never go /out/, you're from /k/ collecting flashlights for show. If you would go camping and such, you'd new why everybody and their grandma is using headlamps.
>>
2 flashlights
>same price
>both 1xAAA battery
>one has 55 Lumen at 4hrs
>other has 45 Lumen at 2.25hrs
How? Can LEDs make such a huge difference?

https://www.streamlight.com/products/detail/index/microstream
https://www.511tactical.com/edc-pl-1aaa.html
>>
>>2229800
Headlamp changed my life. I always had some fancy flashlights that I ended holding in my teeth while working on something, it's a miracle I didn't knock them all out.
>>
>>2246130
Those are not very good, need to clean contacts quite often. I don't mind oldschool bulb, it's just retro tech tho still perfectly usable.
>>
>>2240593
It's also the same chink product just with burger "make me rich" markup
>>
>>2248460
You think they're expensive? I honestly think they're quite affordable for what you get these days. High quality milling and reflectors, the newest and greatest in LED technology (within reason), durable and powerful designs and well thought out electrics. At least many of the chinese ones strike me as very high value for the price. A light stronger than a car headlight and smaller than a small soda can can be had for less than 40$.
Of course those not made overseas are usually quite a bit more expensive, but it's not really a surprise when for example Lupine's "Betty" model costs like 5 times what it would cost from China, considering the soaring energy-, production- and labour costs in Germany, far lower production numbers to spread engineering costs over and most likely even more attention to detail and qc.
>>
File: fitorchER16.png (1.34 MB, 1521x715)
1.34 MB
1.34 MB PNG
>>2229791
FiTorch. I'm surprised that senpais don't notice these more.
>>
>>2249687
there's just so many brands today, all of which making all sorts of lights and even other products, that it's hard to keep track of them all.
off the top of my head I can think of Lumintop, Nitecore, Fenix, Imalent, Zebralight, Sofirn, Manker, Fireflies, Olight, Acebeam, Rovyvon, Weltool and Wuben.
>>
>>2249630
€931 for a headlamp. You think that's okay.
>>
>>2246130
>14 lumens
>5 hour 15 minute battery life, which under the ANSI FL1 standard is the time before light output drops to 10% of the original level
Why not just use an actual candle? Tea lights put out about the same amount of lumens +-1 and can burn just as long (while effectively being brighter as they get toward the end of their life vs what you can expect from a flashlight without voltage regulation).
>>
>>2246130
>>2250979
Fuck, I just looked again and realized that was the Solitaire and not the larger 2AA model. Is that even usable for anything in the candle mode?
>>
>>2250979
>>2250986
You are too much of a pussy for the Solitaire Incandescent, please move on,
>>
hand light... well Thrunite has never let me down, the model I have is years old so you'll find better for cheaper most likely.

As for headlamp, I use something called HeroBeam however again, I'd had it for years and you'll find better versions if the brand is still around.
>>
Are there any decent torches in this style, with the bulky battery and large handle

All the ones i find online are Chinese looking crap
>>
>>2251050
>hand light

I've found most metal bodied, LED lights are really reliable, but if they are battery operated, (AA, AAA, C, etc...) don't use alkaline. Alkalines fail and do that corrosive white crystal bullshit. Use rechargable or Li-ion, and you can store them without worrying you'll open them up and find them corroded beyond repair.
>>
I have a chinkshit Convoy S2+ that I like a lot. It's mainly a backup for my headlamp, but it's pretty useful around the house.
>>
>>2252576
not to my knowledge. the only strong ones with such a form factor that I've seen were modded by some company.
There are however other lights with a carry handle, usually the most fuckoff strong throwers/flooders. Like this, the new Lumintop GT94. 20000 lumen, 2.5km range. Powered by eight 18650s.
>>
>>2252576
>>2252740
Imagine taking those bricks on a hike with you only to realise they are completely useless for camping.
>>
I'm thinking I might jump on a black friday sale and get a good thrower
>>
File: 318330.jpg (20 KB, 400x300)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>2229791
Shut up nigger, I've been waiting all day for fedex to give me my $300 flashlight
>>
File: protac90.jpg (51 KB, 400x400)
51 KB
51 KB JPG
>>2229791
How viable is clipping a modern elbow flashlight to your shirt collar as an alternative to a head lamp in a pinch?
>>
>>2254590
those little 1 cell jobs? pretty viable. If you're trying to clip something bigger like a Streamlight Survivor or something to your shirt, you'll need a pretty stiff shirt, or it'll sag and slap you in the chest every time you move.
>>
>>2229791
Can I get a flashlight recommendation please? It's not really out related, but I do inspections. I need a small pocket-sized flashlight, that is bright enough to inspect closely the insides of tanks/piping up to 20 feet away but is also useful for looking at things 1-2 feet away as well. I need 2-3 hrs continuous use daily and am not recharging every day. Right now I use a coast flashlight but it is not as bright as I want (~300 lumen I think).

Bonus points for pen type flashlights if such a thing exists.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.