[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

[Advertise on 4chan]

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 109 posters in this thread.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Lighter.jpg (50 KB, 800x800)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
Cool looking cases but damn these new ones break so quickly.
2 broken within a year and I'm only an occasional user.

Can you guys recommend a differnt brand?
Not interested in bic, must be a refillable.
>>
>>2228620
here you go, refillable butane lighter a thousand times more reliable than a zippo and doesn't make you look like a tryhard. $8 for a pack of 5
https://www.amazon.com/Smoke-Mart-Refillable-Cigarette-Flashlight/dp/B07LBY91YT
>>
The local drug store sells pic related for 3 bucks a piece. Works flawlessly and has a big tank.
>>
Zippos are really cool lighters and I like them, but for pure utility, nothing competes with the Bic Classic. Durable, long lasting, cheap, reliable. If they get wet they will have to dry out- that's the only downside I can think of.
>>
>>2228620
>>2228702
>>2228706
chinkshit
>>
File: vd.jpg (25 KB, 400x300)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
Nimrod.
Actually built for men to use it.
>>
File: df032fc2a4173ef0d9b0.png (131 KB, 1139x1437)
131 KB
131 KB PNG
Basically any lighter is better. Zippos are a novelty item. I use mine, ya, but would NEVER depend on it in a pinch.
>>2228727
Yeah man, I really want a non-chink butane lighter. Fucking hate all the junk from there.

Don't even start with "who made your cellphone" or something, you faggot apologists. You would be surprised with what can be bought from europe, the middle east, or some other asian country.
>>
Clipper, they have a tamper for packing your dudeweed cigarettes. And are refillable. And still cheap enough to not mind losing them. But people will think your are a pothead if you have one.
>>
File: splitpea5large_grande.jpg (11 KB, 350x250)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>all the benefits of a zippo
>easier/quicker to refill
>no hinge to break
>doesn't leak
>comfy
Only real downside is that having to unscrew the cap can be a PITA especially with heavy gloves on
>>
>>2228802
greentext what its called
>>
>>2228802
not butane
>>
>>2228796
Zippos are made in USA and are not even 1/10th the quality of >>2228702
>>
Get an original austrian made IMCO if you want to stick to gasoline.
Burns with pretty much anything and it doesnt evaporate as much as in a Zippo. Had them laying around for 2 month and still burn on the first flick.
>>
>>2228807
Google "CountyComm". They are the same people that make the Maratac flashlights.
>>
>>2228844
Maybe I'm wrong but I dont think zippo is supposed to be the most utilitarian lighters in modern times. They are more of a nice, classic, pocket lighter that have a great feel to them. Nothing competes with the reliability/price of a classic bic when it comes to the outdoors though. This might not suit most of the hipsters' urge to be edgy though.
>check out this obscure shit I found and I'm the only one with the taste to appreciate it.
Lol this shit is so unbearable.

Anyways, it is wrong to hate on the zippo in this context. They are very well made *for what they are* which is basically a collector's type retro all metal wicked lighter. They have a great feel to them and work pretty well for non survival purposes. The fluid running out though is just a design characteristic that will always make them inferior for outdoors/camping uses obviously. Despite that I love zippos- the noise they make alone is worth it though lol.
>>
File: 20211011_184909.jpg (2.09 MB, 4032x1816)
2.09 MB
2.09 MB JPG
>>2228942
Fuck I want one of those, love art deco stuff, clearly why I got the model of IM corona "old boy" I have As
for fluid based lighters, I'd give a shout out to the old brass no.5
Slim, open flame, like an old land-rover it can mostly be fixed with a hammer
Got mine from my grandpa so it has a little more value to me
>>
>>2228620
Cheap chinese lighters. Basically like bic, but refillable and with piezo ignition. They sell 3packs for 1€ at pretty much any gasstation or hardwarestore around here.

Not everything needs to be branded.
>>
>>2229221
I've never had a bic competitor lighter that was not 100% a piece of shit.
>>
>>2229221
>Not everything needs to be branded
And not everything needs to be """disposable""" for no reason, chances are you've already spent more on singe use plastic garbage then if you bought a propper lighter like an adult
>>
>>2229217
Until a few years ago the Imcos where dirt cheap too, something between 5-10$ depending on the model. Sadly the company shut down and the machines where shipped to Japan. They still produce them, maybe even a bit better QC than befor but since then they've quadrupled in price. I hunt for old ones on eBay from time to time. The Brass No.5 is nice too though, might get one of those.
>>
>>2228620
Use a firesteel
>>
>>2229337
Can you light a cigarette with a fire steel?
>>
>>2229340
Don't smoke ciggies, anon
>>
File: 20211012_025748.jpg (1.79 MB, 4032x1816)
1.79 MB
1.79 MB JPG
>>2229340
>>2229349
>not using a flint and steel to light your home grown tobacco
Ngmi
>>
>>2228620
how do you break a zippo, are you retarded?
>>
>>2229340
Yes.
>>
>>2228620
Zippo lighters are awesome because it's the only lighter that remains lit when you throw it.
>>
>>2228620
For anything other than looking cool and smoking cigarettes (which is a pretty common use for me), zippos are pretty useless
They just go dry too damn fast, and the flame is hard to control
Regards, daily zippo user
>>
>>2229540
This
They all have a lifetime guarantee so you can get them fixed for free anyways
>>
>>2228620
I have one of these.
Clipper Metal with jet flame(butane).
They also have a version with flint and liquid fuel.
>>
File: easy torch 8.jpg (78 KB, 1000x1000)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
>>2229822
Also I have multiple of these.
They have a very smooth activation, meaning they will light allways with one press.
>>
>>2229710
Zack?
>>
>>2229540
retard probably did too many zippo tricks.
>>
>>2228796
Taiwan makes the cellphone components.
China used to glue them together but that's been moving to India and Mexico for quite a while.
>>
>>2229540
because it's a zippo
it's a weak design
the hinge is a joke, and doesn't seal fully
>>
>>2229710
She: "What you you do for a living?"
Me: "Master Zippo repair technician."
>>
>inexpensive
>reliable
>almost impossible to break or fuck up
>available everywhere

Why would you use anything else? I don’t know why anyone would have a problem with them being disposable either since half the time I lose them before using up all the fuel. In fact, I usually just keep several of them just kind of on rotation floating around in my stuff.
>>
matches
>>
>>2230215
Yes it is perfect but it just isnt edgy enough kek
>>
>>2229825
Can confirm. Bought one of them for 2€. Quality lighter.
>>
>>2230215
Is there a valid reason to not use a piezo one? Because using your lighter with cold hands is a horrible experience.
>>
File: 20211013_135035.jpg (2.47 MB, 4000x3000)
2.47 MB
2.47 MB JPG
I don't dab much anymore so now it makes my stove fucking easy to light.
>>
sailor lighter
>>
>>2230758
ive wanted to try these. Has anyone had a good experience with them?
>>
>>2230672
I find them to be way less reliable, i know what you mean about cold hands though but piezos are painful
>>
>>2228620
>2 broken within a year and I'm only an occasional user.
Fucking how? I've been having one for almost 5 years now and never had any problem with it.
>>
If you want to not look like a tool, you should have 2-3 bic lighters with the safeties removed, a few boxes of matches and a zippo
the most handy feature of the zippo lighter is that it stays lit after you put it down
>>
>>2230672
Pop the pussy-guard off and see the difference.

Thank me later.
>>
>>2230215
>little gust of wind
>becomes utterly useless
cute
>>
File: ab294dde1aa5062b8c53.gif (472 KB, 500x496)
472 KB
472 KB GIF
>>2229912
Yeah that's what I'm saying. I buy Made in Japan phones, with jap batteries, and taiwan boards. Kyocera. Zoomers and trannies who worship china always go "WELL WHO MAKES YOUR CELLPHONE HERP DERP" to try to 'gotcha' me when I say I damn near boycott all the mainland.
>>
>>2232298
>they actually light
nothing personal
>>
File: 1631744367700.png (122 KB, 220x220)
122 KB
122 KB PNG
>>2228620
up against a zippo anything is quality, i have never seen a zippo that doesnt leak fuel at a rate of "always out when you go to use it"
>>2228706
based, but quality is shit, one works for a year with no problems, one has 300% flame and wont adjust and one hardly has flame strength at the nozzle like something clogged it after using it to start chimney and campfire, daily use. they last for a lot longer than expected even with chink quality
>>2228802
burnt fingers, where is this even needed?
>pic related, best lighter
>>
>>2230215
I smoke every day and one Bic lighter can last me up to 6 months daily use.
>>
The new official Zippo Butane Jet Flame inserts are very reliable after a simple modification (removing the flame setting limiter)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vM3iWVeny1c
>>
Zippos are crap

They are made from chrome and nickel which is harmful to your health
>>
>>2228620
I don't understand how you "break" a zippo unless you are an obnoxious child who fiddles compulsively, but there is a more robust zippo called armor and a chink brand called "Zorro" which looks like a zippo on steriods. Look for it on aliexpress.
>>
>>2228620
Just use a bic, zippos are for looking cool.
>>
>>2233659
Yeah I got one last week. It's pretty dope with the mod. Two take aways:
1.You need to bleed both when the lighter is "empty" and after you fill it and it stops. When you bleed it after the fill and it stops, you depress until you can clearly hear a change in tone of the escaping gas (it is very audible) then fill again until no more gas gets in.
2. Butane is not wind proof unless you get a torch, but the basic Zippo inserts are fairly windproof. Put both in front of fans to test.
>>
>>2233659
How long does that last? If it’s anything like a dab torch, you’ll be refilling it even more often than a regular one.
>>
>>2234089
Zippos are based. They smell good, they sound good, and they feel good. But they are not for the outdoors or survival kek- everyone knows that. Some people just have no taste; you have to appreciate things for what they are.

That "poink" noise and the feel of that hinge clicking, and the feel of the wheel spinning is fantastic though.
>>
>>2234089
Do you suck on your lighter like a pacifier?
>>
>>2232310
i'm a taiwanese tranny and i also try to avoid china as much as possible >:3
desu i don't trust anything that can easily break and can't refill in the field, that pretty much limits me to zippo styles pretty much. however, there are some really nice quality sealing zippo style lighters on the market
>>
File: 1618974855370.jpg (20 KB, 820x547)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
bics are reliable but i really dislike how their disposability and how i couldn't refill them easily
so yes I spent like 70 bucks or whatever on a precision engineered sealing zippo style lighter, and it actually works
i don't smoke, so I can have fluid in there for months and it won't evaporate at all, and is perfectly ready whenever I need it
and since it's basically just a zippo, i can easily bring extra lighter fluid or components if I want
>>
>>2232323
>i live in a perfectly sunny area all the time with no trees and also never need to light a fire after the sun goes down
ok
>>
>>2235609
actually i knew they were cheaper when I bought it but damn, they used to be like 45 bucks and now they're 70, probably not worth it at the current price but by god they're nice
>>
File: 2021-10-21 03_46_41.png (284 KB, 1353x564)
284 KB
284 KB PNG
>>2235609
>bics are reliable but i really dislike how their disposability and how i couldn't refill them easily
>so i spent $70 on a meme LARP lighter
you larpers need to get outdoors more
>>
>>2235676
these are great as you can take the flint striker out and use it seperately.
Also you can jam them into a used shotgun cartridge and it makesa cool cover for them.
>>
Came here to say clipper but I see some anons beat me to it.
>refillable
>reflintable
>cheap
>jet or regular flame varieties available
>round bottom perfect for packing a pipe
>flint stick perfect for packing a handrolled smoke
Truly the best lighter
>>
>>2235370
The contact with the skin is sufficient for the heavy metals to be harmful to you
>>
>>2228730
That and your fedora establish you as a true sir

>>2228800
>Clipper
Don't get the hype over these. Way less ergonomic than Bics, I've never needed a tamper. They are refillable but I think they're overrated overall
>>
>>2229825
That's what they're called!
You have no idea how long I've been looking for a lighter like that after someone made off with the one I got as a freebie with some cigars I had ordered.
Thank you for your post, I've been wondering about that lighter for years.
>>
>>2235804
>Don't get the hype over these. Way less ergonomic than Bics
because you're trying to shave of 10ths of a second on your lighter draw.
>>
File: 587207961.jpg (37 KB, 300x400)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>>2235708
>Also you can jam them into a used shotgun cartridge and it makesa cool cover for them.
That is cool
>>
File: FresnesLensSheet-500A.jpg (39 KB, 500x500)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>2232323
On a similar note, office paper-sized fresnel lenses.
>fuckhuge area
>flat and flexible
>weighs basically nothing
I've started fires without tinder by blasting inch thick sticks on a particularly sunny day. I didn't need to I was being lazy and curious. Those damn things are powerful. I also keep a whole bunch of credit card sized lenses everywhere too. One in my wallet, toss a few in the car, the rifle bag, put one in my hat's little pocket too.
>>
does anyone know if there's arc lighters that are not made in china?
>>
>>2228620
Zippos suck cause you can't light a bowl with them without inhaling far too much fumes, compared with even the shiftiest butane lighter.
>>
>>2237498
>on a particularly sunny day
Really fucking reliable innawoods, innit.
>>
>>2237876
It was an experiment I did when I was bored, read dummy.
Anyways its large size also means that it can concentrate enough weak light into igniting a fire onto tinder. So yes, usable innawoods. Obviously shouldn't be your first or only choice but I'd rather pack that than a zippo. Being able to magnify things is also a nice plus.
>>
>>2235676
A basic zippo is only like $20
>>
>>2237874
Butane inserts are a thing, they're pretty gud
>>
>>2228721
I use them wet all the time, you americans are truly stupid
>>
I think it was thunderbird that also makes butane zippo inserts that look a lot like the regular old gas ones instead of that soulless button ignition that most of them have
>>
>>2233659
dooope
>>
Anything other than a bic is tryhard edgy kid shit.
>>
the official butane inserts zippo sells are kind of shitty, they're made in china and the ignition on mine is extremely unreliable even with a fresh refill and the gas turned up, not to mention they have basically no wind resistance compared to regular wick inserts. haven't tried any other brands to see how they compare
>>
>>2228620
If you want the best lighter out there it's the Douglas Field S. The have a cheaper neo line that's great too. Been sold out for awhile.
-waterproof
-windproof
-very robust
-sealed and will hold fluid for months
-can use zippo wicks and flint in a pinch
Cons: The extra compartments are a bit gimmicky but work. It's a bit harder to carry than a zippo. Mine is a bit temperamental with wick length.
>>
>>2228620
I use a lighter that was made out of a bullet casing. i got it on etsy, and I refill it with petrol once in a While
>>
>>2228620
>damn these new ones break so quickly.
>2 broken within a year
What the fuck..? OP, you still here? Care to elaborate? I have units purchased in 2006 still going strong.

The fuel evaporation problem is annoying for sure, but I work around it by putting my fueled up Zippo into a cellophane bag, which I will then wrap around the lighter tightly to make it into a nice, airtight bundle. I have a Zippo wrapped in plastic like this right now, going for 6 weeks now without problems and without needing a refill.

Zippos are old school for sure, but I still enjoy how maintainable and robust they are. You can easily resuscitate one even decades later as long as the case is sound. They're perfect for the DIY type of guy.

As for butane stuff, I swear by pic related. I've seen them being sold under many brand names, like Torjet, Matteo and Firelight. Piezo ignition, but at buck-50 a piece you can afford to buy several as backups, and if you're unhappy with the default flame size, the top comes apart easily with basic tools and you can then adjust the flame as much as you want. Also, refillable by design, so one will serve you until the piezo dies. Highly recommended as far as chinkshit goes.

And of course, the smart individual would always carry on him/her your classic box of stickmatches for redundancy anyway.
>>
>>2228942
I have a couple original ones; they're a little overrated though I love them. One burns first flick most of the time, other usually takes 2. Evaporation still happens close enough to a zippo where it doesn't really matter. I carry lighter liquid on my keychain either way.
>>
>>2240737
>150 dollars
are you out of your fucking mind son
>>
File: IMG_20211106_225647.jpg (84 KB, 1080x899)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
How about electric ones? You can charge them via usb, they last forever with a single charge and can be used to start a fire.
>>
>>2228620
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQmI4dusuwY
>>
>>2244707
...until the electronics fail, and then you have a paper weight.
>>
>>2228706
You fucking carry that around in you pocket?
>>
>>2244669
That's scalper prices on eBay. Retail before covid was $85 not counting sales or the special versions.
>>
>>2228620
>better lighter than zippo
>buys "genuine gucci zippo high flame usa" from vietnam
>>
>>2228802
The problem is, only the titanium ones are left and they're at minimum $50. I'm not a smoker, just want to keep a lighter in my car just in case.
>>
>>2244780
>until you have no fluid
>until the wheel snaps
>until you run out of flint
>until an emp fucks out the electronics

Man why even bother with something if anything can go wrong. I don't even think a ferro rod is worth it because what if my fingers get eaten by wolves and I can't grasp it.
>>
>>2228620
Clipper refillables, simple, reliable, cheap, fucking hundreds of designs and you can change out the flints / wheels.
>>
>>2244707
i've had one of those before as a gift from my mom lol, they are absolute dogshit, dont even light your gang weed epic joints or paper or anything, and that's not all
>>
>>2228796
so why not China?
>>
File: China.jpg (123 KB, 960x811)
123 KB
123 KB JPG
>>2245117
China produces nearly useless crap with slave labour.
>>
>>2228942
>Had them laying around for 2 month and still burn on the first flick.
100 times better than a zippo by the sounds of it.
I've always hated zippo for it leakage in a warm pocket and the evaporation quickly leaving you without a flame. Like said earlier good for playing with and looks but thats about it..
Honestly I'd rather have a bic than a zippo.
>>
>>2232298
Even when they are out of fluid they will still start a fire and have an unusually long flint.
So that and a piece of char cloth or whatever and flame on.
>>
>>2244784
>$85
You could buy a lot of Bic lighters with that.
And an over rated Zippo.
>>
>>2244707
I tried to use one of these camping, piece of crap lost its battery less than 24 hours after charge. Resorted to matches, the issue is most of them are powered by those shitty chinese lithium ions which are basically the crappiest rechargables made in the world.
Probably if you buy a better branded one they'll be better, I'd get one with a manufacturers warrenty based in your country.
>>
>>2245161
This is what I'll probably do going foward.
I'll probably buy a reusable if it comes on sale for sale $20 but bar that I'm absolutly done with the current "reusable" lighter brands.
>>
>>2245137
So pretty much doing what 99% of american companies did for over 200 years.
>>
>>2245161
Depends what you want. Personally, I like lighters and have several Douglas lighters. Their NEO line was $25 and is great but not as nifty. The one with the two caps to be completely water proof is my favorite. It's been in my pocket for years now. I own several Zippos too and still buy Bic.
>>
>>2245089
>until you have no fluid
>until you run out of flint
These issues are at least fixable. But those plasma spark toys are down and out for good when they break. You will then have no choice but to buy a replacement, and pray you didn't get a lemon this time. A Zippo at least works in a world without electricity. I mean they literally burn anything with a low enough flashpoint that catches from the flint.

>until the wheel snaps
Has literally never happened to me with a real Zippo.

>wolves
I'd say in that case you have bigger problems than your lighter not working.
>>
File: torch.jpg (78 KB, 693x800)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
These ones are pretty good. They are sold under various brands and you can probably find them at Harbor Freight (got mine from Canadian Tire). They fit a standard Scripto/Tokai lighter after you break the child protection tab.
>>
>>2244707
if you're using those to light anything other than the tips of cigarettes, gunk will build up on the coil and ruin its ability to heat up until you very thoroughly clean it. they're also very weak and probably won't combust anything you would want to
>>
>>2237874
Degenerate fucking druggy
>>
>>2235849
what size shell? 12ga?
>>
>>2234089
>Bad for your health. If you're not smoking, then what they are made of is immaterial. If you are smoking; what a fucking ridiculous argument.
>>
>>2245275
I have a plasma lighter and it is something of a toy. The battery does go fast if you're using it a lot, and the arcs that light things are so small that you have to really touch the lighter to the tinder. And if the tinder touches the lighter, it's easy to foul the electrodes.
So, it's neat, and it's probably nice for smokers, but a jet butane lighter still tops my preference for /out/ stuff, followed by a normal butane lighter.
>>
>>2246144
lol looser w33d is god
>>
>>2228620
I'm amazed that you've managed to break Zippos, mine always just get stolen after a few years. That said I did recently pick a new one up at Walmart and it feels cheaper than my others. I like Djeep lighters, they last forever and nobody uses them so you always know which lighter is yours.
>>
>>2246999
What are the odds that the OP is just some kid, who mistook Chinese fakes for the real things?

Djeeps are fucking badass. If only they could be refilled without extensive modifications. ;_;
>>
>>2230875
novelty, only good if kept on a lanyard inside. more for lighting interior lanterns than smoking on deck. mine clogged from keeping in my pocket. the flint being exposed rendered it useless when wet.
>>
File: Zorro insert.jpg (255 KB, 750x750)
255 KB
255 KB JPG
*blocks your path*
>>
>>2248030
How long does the fuel last in this one, compared to a real Zippo?
>>
>>2245137
cringe map that implies KMT doesn’t have express intent to keep those regions as part of China as well
>>
>>2248520
At least a month, supposedly.
>>
>>2248546
that's not much more than a normie zippo tho anon
>>
I have a solo lighter (American company) for more than 10 years. Never clogged, still like new. The warranty was (don't know if it still is) for life. That's how good those are. Several models to choose.

I was trying to find the site, but all I got is amazon links.
>>
>>2248551
Uh yeah it is. Zippo is gone in a week. Two or three days if you are using it.
>>
>>2248558
every zippo I've used lasts about 3 weeks and I'm a smoker lol
>>
>>2248558
I wrap my Zippo in plastic. Last time I got 6 weeks out of it. Sure, it's a pain to unwrap it every time, but I'll tolerate it, 'cause the results are so good.
>>
>>2228620
Dude just buy clippers, they are as good like Bic plus are refillable and the flint is replaceable
>>
>>2243786
>putting my fueled up Zippo into a cellophane bag, which I will then wrap around the lighter tightly to make it into a nice, airtight bundle
>dealing with this shit just because you want to have a zippo
this is your brain on consoom
holy shit bro could you make your lighter any less accessible?

torjet are easily the best lighters one can buy. but they can get quite hot when using for too long

also there is dissim.com
they look cool but the price...
they are also designed to be used upside down without problems
>>
>>2230758
>>2230875
>>2248010
you're supposed to use slow match (artillery fuse) in those, not just plain rope. and yes they are an absolute pain to start a fire with, I'd almost rather use a bow drill.
>>
>>2249812
>holy shit bro could you make your lighter any less accessible?

It's not really that bad. I'll wrap it so that the package unfurls automatically from the weight of the lighter, when I hold on to the top of the baggy, and let the lighter drop. I find the lighter's extended service life per top up well worth it. I don't tie any knots to the bag, that would be stupid.

An added benefit is that the plastic stops the lighter from leaking into my pocket, stopping gasoline burns. I only do this when I use the Zippo casually, when I know that I won't be needing it frequently.

>>2249812
>torjet are easily the best lighters one can buy. but they can get quite hot when using for too long

I wouldn't keep one burning for longer than 10 seconds.
>>
>>2228802
I got something similar to this for Christmas many years ago. I dont know if your picture is supposed to be some popular thing or something, but mine was not fancy.
Anyway, I was concerned it would evaporate out. My dad and brother told me I was crazy. I told them they were stupid.
Lost it, found it like 2.5 years later, opened it, lit on the first flick and stayed "filled" for another year. I was too embarrassed to tell them.
>>
>>2228727
thats the point so you can throw it away without thinking much
>>
>>2250345
this
>spends $100 on super autismo "quality" lighter that will spend 90% of its time not getting used despite the "need"
>lose it in 3 months
>break it
>etc.
>have to spend $100
>if it fails in these alleged "life or death" scenarios that don't happen lmao guess you'll just die

vs
>buy 10 lighters for $100
>break one, lose one, etc.
>doesn't matter, have 7 more
>always have a lighter
>not afraid to damage/use
>failure is already not that likely
>carry at least 2, redundant

>"muh buy once cry once"
>>
>>2250372
>carry at least 2, redundant
lol I only carry one
backup is the firesteel
>>
>>2235817
I'm glad I was able to help :)
I actually bought them from ClawGear for 5€ each before until someone else pointed out to me the name on the inside of the lid.
Now I buy 3 of them from amazon for around 7€ ^^
>>
>>2250345
>>2250372
>I'm part of throw away culture, so should you!
Love this NPC dialogue.
>>
>>2251030
>redundancy is irrelevant because I sped $100 on a lighter I never use

ok glamper
>>
>>2251030
>>2251114
FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!
>>
Do "kerosene lighters" on Ali Express actually use kerosene or is that just chinglish for lighter fluid? Supposedly kerosene won't work in a zippo, never tried it myself though.
>>
>>2251114
Here's a crazy idea, bud. If redundancy is that important to you, buy two lighters. If you're suggesting bic lighters are robust you're an idiot. But it seems you don't since you want to suggest carry two or more bic lighters as a practical solution.
>>
>>2228796
>Basically any lighter is better. Zippos are a novelty item. I use mine, ya, but would NEVER depend on it in a pinch.
They are for lighting cigarettes when it's windy. That's about it desu. I still have the zippo I bought on my 18th birthday
>>
>>2251161
>has never used a bic lighter just like he hasn't used his magic autismo lighter

bic lighters are pretty robust.

if you need a reliable lighter enough that you need to spend >$30 on one for "quality" then you need at least two.
the fact that this concept is alien to you means you don't actually use your lighter and are an /out/ LARPER who doesn't actually /out/
>>
>>2251252
Bic lighters are a bitch to use in the cold and won't hold a flame in wind or standalone. They're not really up for anything extreme. I learned that snowmobiling. They're fine for 99% of activities as long as you're mindful not to crack it. You're probably just in a 3 season and dry use case.
>>
>>2251257
>bitch to use in the cold and won't hold a flame in wind or standalone.
that's because you don't remove the pussy clip.
meaning you don't actually use the thing.

seethe glampfag
>>
>>2251374
How do you modify a bic to stay on and in the wind? I'm generally curious. You're throwing around larp and glamp like you're a pro so.
>>
>>2251374
>The clip affects how temperature affects gas
Oh? And here I thought it just made it harder to spark it
>>
>>2251379
You have hands
>>
>>2251389
>Intentional misinterpretation
You know that's not what I was referring to.
Not unlike a larper to do such a thing.

>It's so windy everywhere
Do you not build up fuel or a shelter first?

Oh no that's right you're in a RV bus my bad
>>
>>2230672
piezos also light if you accidentally get them wet and just shake the water off. There's really no reason to not use them other than not looking cool enough for the larpers
>>
>>2228620
Yeah a magnisium block, your welcome
>>
>>2251133
>or is that just chinglish for lighter fluid?

I think it's just this. You'll generally need something with a very low flash point, before it ignites in a wick lighter. I don't think kerosene will work.
>>
>>2228702
I wouldn't even trust that shit to efficiently light a cigarette in a 1mph breeze, and you expect me to use it to light a fire in potentially a worst case scenario? No thanks. If I REALLY need a basic plastic cigarette lighter I'll just use a bic with the safety popped off.
If you REALLY want some good reliable ignition then keep a small blowtorch in a waterproof baggy. Just as cheap and you can actually refill them when it gets low.
>>
>>2229221
Picking up a bic and picking up a cheapo piece of trash lighter are comparable to picking up a beretta and picking up a taurus.
Sure theyre effectively the same thing but you can FEEL the difference. You know that one is IN FACT better than the other. One is tactile and one is clunky. One is solid one is flimsy. One will work 99% of the time and the other might leave you high and dry.
When it counts, count of something that wont let you down.
>>
>>2251133

It's Chinglish for lighter fluid. Same as "petrol lighter".

A Zippo can burn kerosene, but it gums up the wick really fast. You can also burn diesel, but it's harder to ignite and also gums up the lighter. Gasoline has the issue of flash ignition, like when you first refill with lighter fluid and it makes a fireball. It also burns hot enough to potentially damage your lighter if you keep it burning too long. Alcohol burns clean, but has the same issue with flare ups and doesn't burn very hot. But basically, a Zippo or similar lighter will burn just about any flammable liquid in an emergency
>>
>>2251672
What do you mean by a small blowtorch? I'm usually already bringing along 1lb propane bottles for my stove so I pack my blowtorch as well. The size and weight of it are basically negligible compared to the fuel. Don't know why you'd put it in a plastic bag, it works fine while wet.
>>
File: Bic lighter 50-count.jpg (128 KB, 1000x1000)
128 KB
128 KB JPG
>>2230215
>Why would you use anything else?

Indeed. You can get a Bic 50-pack for less then $1.00 each and it will last you your entire life.
>>
File: 1635052757033.jpg (166 KB, 1080x1080)
166 KB
166 KB JPG
Nice supreme lighter OP
>>
>>2230758
The only reason they catch cigars on fire is because you're sucking air. You don't really have that bellows action unless you pretty much make a cigarette like fire stick that you can suck air through.
>>
File: scorch.png (144 KB, 461x566)
144 KB
144 KB PNG
>>2233659
I like that the zippo has the option for soft flame as well as torch. My main butane for a while has been a scorch. Just like the neck on them
>>
>>2252212
because EDC fags need to look cool and flaunt how much money they spent on tools they carry needlessly every day but only use about twice a year
>>
>>2252455
You should go outside and touch some grass, anon. Real life isn't Instagram.
>>
>>2252458
lmao I'm homeless bro
>>
>>2235609
> Go to public park
> Assess where is the most secluded
> Go there
> Find lighter, safety strip already removed for your convenience.
>>
File: download (11).jpg (6 KB, 225x225)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
I only use zippos because of the pling sound
>>
>>2228620
Tiktokers will buy shit like that off of alibaba for like $3 and then rip off Zoomers selling them for $25 it’s actually insane
>>
File: butane.jpg (15 KB, 251x264)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>>2228702
my dad says butane's a bastard gas
>>
>>2228706
Can confirm, I have one of these.
On some of them if you have a screwdriver you can refill them.
>>
>>2232298
This, second most useless thing to a zippo unless you light things indoors or have no wind.
I'd use matches at that point.
>>
>>2256577
>smokers never light their cigarettes outdoors
ok
>>
>>2230215
i have fat fingers and always burn them when i use these
>>
>>2230215
kek this. stop larping OP

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.